• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on Kirby's Inhale?

boysilver400

Smash Apprentice
Inhale definitely needs a lag buff, but I still think it's worth getting copy abilities like Shulk's and Sheik. Kirby should be allowed to choose whether he wants to swallow or spit out projectiles.

...And get rid of that swallow animation.

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
I like how they give you a bigger incentive to use the attack a la 1.2x damage multiplier, but Jesus Christ, get rid of that BS RNG Copy Ability dropping already; it's so irritating how he can lose it from something as weak as a GET-UP ATTACK. Like, in the newer Kirby games, he only loses his Copy Ability from a really strong attack, so why not just make him only lose it when he takes +25% damage from a single attack or something? Or heck, just get rid of it altogether, he already has enough trouble trying to Inhale someone.

Last edited:

Stalepopcorn_

Smash Rookie
Love inhale, try Utilt > Inhale, been workin this combo and pretty much getting a free hat....

Buuuut what ****ing gets me is that in Kirby games when you stand there for a long time and inhale it gets stronger for a breif momment why isnt that in smash, it would be cool to get an inhale from a distance.

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet
Love inhale, try Utilt > Inhale, been workin this combo and pretty much getting a free hat....

Buuuut what ****ing gets me is that in Kirby games when you stand there for a long time and inhale it gets stronger for a breif momment why isnt that in smash, it would be cool to get an inhale from a distance.
And have inhale suck up multiple things while DDD inhale is bigger

Last edited:

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
I only use inhale to copy my opponents ability. I think it should be utilized more because some characters have some really useful neutral specials that Kirby can use to his advantage.

Ethan Weegee

Smash Cadet
It would be used more if it weren't so slow and punishable, and if it wasn't possible to lose your copy ability before you got a chance to use it effectively.

D

Deleted member

Should have as much startup/endlag as Dedede’s.

This is why Dedede gets to use his inhale more than Kirby’s.

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
Honestly it's probably the best iteration of Inhale he's ever gotten quite frankly.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Its gotten some needed improvements. Wish it could get some less endlag to make it actually worth using against incoming projectiles..

Misty Venn

Smash Cadet
What successes have you all had with inhaling and spitting players at each other? I've KO'd a few people by accident doing this and I'm trying to incorporate it more as part of my game,

D

Deleted member

\For me, I tried to use inhale mostly to get copy abilities. It feels more genuine when I incorporate specials like :ultmewtwo::ultsamus:, but I only spit when the specials are outright situational :ultfalcon::ultganondorf::ultjigglypuff:. Usually I treat it like a grab (“I just racked up a few damage!”) in hopes of possibly following up.

Top Bottom