• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on English Marth

Helios980

Smash Rookie
It was revealed at E3 that Marth will be fully voiced in English in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I`m interested in what the Marth community thinks of this; is it an improvement? A detraction? Do you think there`ll be an option to keep his Japanese voice? Let me know.

Spirit Toons

Banned via Warnings
Love It! Yuri Lowenthall was a great voice actor for Marth, really made him shine in Fire Emblem Warriors, so I love it.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
It depends, I suppose. The original japanese VA Marth sounds great, whether young (Smash), or older (newer FE games). Yet Yuri does a wonderful job. It was difficult to hear the attack and pain/take-hit noises Yuri made with him with the background noise or commentary filtering that out in gameplay videos (they don't seem distracting at least), so how those sound will be important. And the "Keep your eyes open" on down-taunt will be the trolliest taunt since "You're too slow" from Brawl! Just think of the possibilities.

The last thing is Counter Quotes. They weren't in Smash 4 and we didn't hear them in SSBU and I don't think they'll be in (they already had the voice actors come in and that's it, unless they had Yuri record some just in case). I really want CQs and I truly don't understand why they're not in when most of the other characters have counter quotes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom