• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on downthrow footstool

So I was messing with GnW to day and thought to myself "downthrow footstool d-air sounds really hype" did consistantly and now i'm wondering what other footstool combos GnW has. (or how good of an option it is)

n3n

Smash Rookie
Haven't messed around with this at all, but i wouldnt think theres much to get off of it since g&w is so floaty. Maybe bucket can cancel momentum to get something?

Last edited:

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
We need vids! Imagine if you got the 2 hammer also that would be nuts! But what can you do after the jab lock? Just up smash or go for judgment?

Random Robot

Smash Rookie
NNID
AidanZam
We need vids! Imagine if you got the 2 hammer also that would be nuts! But what can you do after the jab lock? Just up smash or go for judgment?
Probably either up smash or another grab would be the the best options when you want to rack up damage. I would suggest only using Judgment if you're desperate for an early kill.

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Probably either up smash or another grab would be the the best options when you want to rack up damage. I would suggest only using Judgment if you're desperate for an early kill.
There are characters where you can rack up some damage with 2 or 3 reps before going for the Judgement/Optimal grab combo.
On Kirby you COULD do it until 39%, dunno about post patch. Try practicing on him.

Last edited:

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
On another footstool dair note, a fun thing I did when Dreamland first came out was dthrow at the ledge a Fox at 0% with Whispy blowing at us, then using the slight push to footstool dair him offstage. Sadly, they can jump before you can follow up, but If you can get it at a higher percent, which I kinda doubt, it would be a kill.

ianmonroe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ianmonroe
Yeah you probably won't be getting dthrow footstool dair at spike kill % ever, especially not on Fox.
Honestly I don't think I've ever gone for dthrow footstool ever, usually getting the damage from nairs is more important and easier

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Yeah you probably won't be getting dthrow footstool dair at spike kill % ever, especially not on Fox.
Honestly I don't think I've ever gone for dthrow footstool ever, usually getting the damage from nairs is more important and easier
On certain characters the fair lock is more damage, also when you really want that 9.

Last edited:

ianmonroe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ianmonroe
On certain characters the fair lock is more damage, also when you really want that 9.
I get it, and I really SHOULD do it against the characters it works on, but the execution is a bit high when I'm in the moment and I need a quick punish. Especially when the other option is not bad at all.

Top Bottom