• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on dash attack?

Savage1

Smash Rookie
I know it got a lot of hate at first due to the changes, but how's everyone feeling about the dash attack now?

How I see it:

Negatives:
  • Can't combo
Positives:
  • Can go through shields
  • Can kill with near the ledge at high percents
  • Can knock the opponent away and give you an opportunity for set-ups, zoning or charging
I personally like it overall, but what do you guys think?

Lorisaur

Smash Cadet
Well, I personally belive that Dash Attack is still a move that will be used. Fast, with good range and maybe safe on shield, useful tonpunish estensive dashdance without risking a grab or going of a Zair. It also creates mixups at very low%. However, it is not even the shadow of what sm4sh dash attack was. It's a cruel nerf, we have to accept it. Luckly, downthrow is a bit more reliable as a combo starter. Nevertheless, I belive that Samus is a very good character in this game, she just plays different. In smash 4 she was a wait and punish, now she relies on keeping the guard up and her zoning game is even more important than before

Luigi Linguine

Smash Cadet
Her dash attack is okay, I just wish it did more than 8%. Down-throw > dash attack is a decent combo at 0 because it sends at an advantageous angle, but aside from that and its ability to kill, the utility of the move is decidedly mediocre IMO.

Top Bottom