• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on counter

GlaiveGod

Smash Rookie
I use counter a bit more often than I should, I don't 'spam' it but it's still a little bit excessive. What would you say is the best time to use it, if ever?

Creeeamy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-3994-5969
Hard reads are useful, or use it against people like Cloud, Ike and Little Mac who can't snap to ledge, that's what I use counter for most, also active hit box recoveries, Roy, Corrin and Link are examples of characters it's good against, it also decimates Ness when he tries to recover, or if your opponent has commited to a slow move at a bad time, IE Bowser dedicating to an f smash with no set up, or warlock/falcon punch, apart from that, it can be good against predicatble players, be careful though since they might change their habits, the last use I can think of is on neutral get up, but that's very punishable, so use it scarcely, just never use it randomly, or when recovering, and it can punish charge moves if your opponents keeps charging you can force them to hit the counter, but never counter while someone starts charging, 'cause they'll punish you for it.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...a pretty niche move, this. Adapt to your opponent first before y'all even think about using this. If y'all feel like using custom specials like I do, the Iai variant is just as powerful as this with a useful launch angle. I personally never use counters in practice since it takes an awful lot of anticipation.

Top Bottom