• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on Bowser online?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So, the Bowser forums have been pretty dead as of late, but I wanted to know-what do you Bowser mains out there think about him online? Do you think he's better or worse than in local play, and do like him more or less online?
Personally I think Bowser is a bit better online due to how many fast options he has-for example, up b OOS on something that isn't safe, or DJ uair on an unsuspecting opponent trying to land. Not to mention catching someone shielding on platforms with side b. He doesn't feel super different online, at least to me. The worst thing is probably nailing things like fair to dash grab and up throw combos, which I find a bit more difficult to do online. He is still fun though. I've heard a few different answers from different people and wanted to know what you guys thought.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
You should be getting a lot of different answers because this will come down to connection and who you're fighting. Zone breaking, for instance, can be harder with a worse connection because any amount of delay or lag can cause players to throw out moves in order to compensate. This will further limit Bowser's micro movement, which is already quite limited. You'll still get a lot of ground or immediate lateral movement from all the jumping some online Bowsers do, but those are huge commitments especially for Bowser who has no safe moves to throw out. Then, there are characters that benefit way too much from wifi, such as Sonic.

That said, assuming your connection is relatively good, we've seen Bowsers jank out Pikachus during online crew events. A lot is possible. This is why you'll get so many different answers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom