Thoughts and Ideas for a New Marvel vs Capcom

Hey, there. Now, even though the last Marvel vs Capcom game came out to a less than stellar response, I still really like the idea of the Marvel vs Capcom games. There is just something about the mash-up of Marvel and Capcom's classic characters in a fighting game format that is just so fun. So, I thought I'd start up a thread like this for folks to discuss the sorts of things we might want to see in a future Marvel vs Capcom game.

For me, when I think of fighters I'd like to see, I sort of enjoy thinking of in-game rivalries. It's a fun way to think up match-ups that could be fun. True, there are some characters I have some difficulties in figuring out a good rival for, but it's still a fun approach and some come naturally. For instance...

Ms. Marvel vs. Viewtiful Joe (superhero fans whose identities are inspired by other heroes)
Green Goblin vs. Arthur (a goblin foe against the classic knight)
Kingpin vs. Mike Haggar (powerful crime boss vs. wrestler turned mayor)
Silver Surfer vs. Fou-Lu (powerful beings whose views were changed by humanity)
Squirrel Girl vs. Dan Hibiki (Marvel's unbeatable hero vs. Capcom's weakest warrior)
Captain Marvel vs. Captain Commando (Marvel vs. CapCom)

So, what ideas do you other folks have on the subject?

AlRex

Smash Cadet
I like these match-ups, and especially the Marvel newcomers could be interesting. I'd like a return to a more comic book-ish artstyle, and for X-Men/Fantastic Four characters to be allowed back in, especially since that and the artstyle of the previous one were two major sticking points and it'd help get some goodwill back. Then again, apparently Marvel was bad to work with last time, so maybe CAPCOM should just find someone else or retry "CAPCOM VS CAPCOM", sad as it is to say.

I like these match-ups, and especially the Marvel newcomers could be interesting. I'd like a return to a more comic book-ish artstyle, and for X-Men/Fantastic Four characters to be allowed back in, especially since that and the artstyle of the previous one were two major sticking points and it'd help get some goodwill back. Then again, apparently Marvel was bad to work with last time, so maybe CAPCOM should just find someone else or retry "CAPCOM VS CAPCOM", sad as it is to say.
Indeed. An all-Capcom fighting game could be a nice thing to see.

While it would most likely be a bit of a rights issue, I would personally love to see a Shonen Jump vs. Capcom game.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
NNID
VenusBloom
As a fan of the Vs series and one that continued to defend MvCI even after it was apparent the game was dead in the water; I too would like to see that brand continue and use the failure that was MvCI as a lesson learned on not what to do. I imagine it had a lot to do with Marvel’s decisions that led to the game flopping (apparently they were horrid to work with compared to the previous game). I was even fine with the 2v2 and the lack of X Men.

I wrote out a roster I felt would of been better than what we got before but I lost it so I decided to redo it. Marvel is in red and Capcom is in blue. Bold characters are new additions to my list that were not included in MvCI.

1. Ryu
  2. Chun-li
  3. Akuma
  4. Morrigan
  5. Jeddah
  6. X
  7. Zero
  8. Sigma
  9. Dante
  10. Arthur
  11. Firebrand
  12. Haggar
  13. Chris
  14. Wesker
  15. Nemesis
  16. Monster Hunter
  17. Strider
  18. Frank West
  19. Asura
  20. Captain Commando
  21. Edward Falcon
  22. Batsu Ichimonji
  23. Amaterasu (DLC)
  24. Rashid (DLC)
  25. Leon Kennedy (DLC)
  26. Trom Bonne (DLC)
  27. Nina (DLC)
  28. Vergil (DLC)
  29. Sissel (DLC)
  30. Yukimura (DLC)
  31. Iron Man
  32. Captain America
  33. Thor
  34. Hawkeye
  35. Hulk
  36. Captain Marvel
  37. Black Panther
  38. Black Widow
  39. Captain Marvel
  40. Doctor Stranger
  41. Dormmamu
  42. Spider-man
  43. Venom
  44. Thanos
  45. Rocket Raccoon
  46. Starlord
  47. Ultron
  48. Squirrel Girl
  49. Loki
  50. Ant-Man
  51. Daredevil
  52. Punisher
  53. Iron Dragon (DLC)
  54. Nova (DLC)
  55. Scarlet Witch (DLC)
  56. Vision (DLC)
  57. Moon Knight (DLC)
  58. Mephisto (DLC)
  59. Ms Marvel (Khan) (DLC)
  60. Hulkbuster Armor

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
As a fan of UMvC3, its a shame MvCI had to flounder out w/o an earnest attempt to support it like SFV. It seems the consensus is that the gameplay has been the most invigorating out of the entire Vs. series. I have only spent sparse time playing thru the Arcade & some online matches, but the game's just dang fun to watch. The Stone mechanics & active switching are overall pretty unique & I hope they don't go to the wayside in some way for a future Vs. title.

To say what outright killed the game, is rather hard to distill. A lot of outcry has gone to the sterile, wonky artstyle & presentation that transmogrified a lot of fan favorite characters to mesh into this weird MCU-flavored photorealistic washed-out schlock (granted some of the newer characters like X or Jedah looked pretty true to form otherwise). Or how the low-effort fanfiction that was the Story Mode took an unnecessary proportion of dev time & resources that would be better spent tinkering the Multiplayer, online functionality, & the graphics. Not to mention the same cookie-cutter DLC practices where the 1st wave of DLC characters were complete before launch & might as well have been in the base roster. Hell, they excluded *freakin' Sigma* from being revealed with Ultron when he has a major story presence.

If we look at the final product compared to the MvC3 run, I think its endemic of how Capcom really doesn't have their schmidt together when it comes to managing their fighting game teams. The blunders of SFV & MvCI have ingrained a remorse within Capcom's staff for their disregard for quality control. Hopefully this means the next Capcom fighters will double-down hard on what made their older arcade titles or even SFVI & MvC3 feel awesome & grow to be financial hits. Perhaps its time for Arc vs.Capcom so Team Red can show them a thing or two a Capcom Fighting Jam to be their tour de force before trying to cross over with other companies or properties again. There's too many beloved Vs. series characters that it would be a shame to neglect them, right?