• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Those annoying Ice Climbers......

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
The other day my friend got tired of losing to my Pichu with his Marth, then switched to his "super secret weapon"-- Ice Climbers. To be honest the way IC wavedash back and forth can be really frustrating and because Pichu's more powerful attacks do not have very good range I often get smashed before I can get close. Normally I would be able to stop this easy, but theres 2 of them so, at least one of them is able to strike me good. Some IC beating advice would be appreciated.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't use Pichu aaginst ICs. Nuff said :p

No really, stay focused and don't let them catch you off guard. I don't really think there's anything Pichu can do to really screw them over. This match up is soo bad.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Ice Climbers are Pichu's nightmare... my brother plays them and it's freakin' difficult to pull a win against them using Pichu. The best advice I can give is to sneak in an U-air and pop them up, then chase Nana off the side while beating off the advancing Popo and score an edge-guard so you can take Popo on one-to-one. The first part is difficult enough, and fighting just Popo by himself is still impossible, haha.

Note: Popo refers to the player controlled IC, and Nana refers to the CPU controlled IC.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Oh man; this is truly quite possibly the biggest counterpick in the game. Even Bowser vs. Sheik is a fairer match. Ha.

All Ice Climbers have to do is crouch cancel into anything, smashe, grabs whatever, and pichu can't even grab them because theres 2 of them....

I think a single Ice climber would still have the advantage against a pair of pichu's...

DemonicShadows

Smash Apprentice
One of the worst mistakes I have ever made against my friend.

IC can also de-sync and get Pichu in a punching bag technique (one on each side with A moves). Because Pichu's weight is crap, and range is crap.

But yeah, as everyone else said, DON'T USE PICHU AGAINST IC unless you are trying to lose. Badly.

kitsubelol

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
KSUN#228
i dont like the ice climbers at all. i think its that im not too good yet but they are so hard to beat.

Top Bottom