• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"This is the path of my destiny!" - Ryu Discussion Thread

link2702

Smash Champion
Seems like a silly question but is there any footage of his shin shoryuken in ultimate other than the one from his reveal trailer on falcon? Since this time it seems to more closely resemble the ones in sf where he punches them in the gut first, followed by actually hitting their jaw, im curious how it is gonna look on characters who aren’t semi realistically proportioned. Especially cuz it did already look a bit wonky even on falcon

Last edited by a moderator:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Chun Li would be amazing as an assist trophy, i mean, her playable would be amazing too, but i don’t think there’s much chance of another SF character, maybe just Ken as an Echo Fighter (?)

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
Does anyone know for certain if Ryu's Dair still spikes in Ultimate? And does Ken also have a spike on his Dair too?

link2702

Smash Champion
Ryu is in desperate need of some buffs imo. Seriously it just feels ken is leaps and bounds better right now. At least give ryu a few more moves out of his light close ftilts, make shaku hadoken deal more hits/be able to combo from, and lower end lag on nair...

Defalt

Smash Rookie
They were great, but we didn't get enough. At the very least they could give more songs other than Ryu and Ken's theme.
I think we shouldve gotten some more SF character themes... mainly Ryu and Ken from other Sf games like IV V, and THDR

toonito

Smash Ace
free post

IF Evil Ryu was in this game he'd be an instant top tier due to diagonal Hadoukens in the air and if his Ashura Senku became his dash/run animation.

To compensate he'd probably be lighter than normal Ryu.

toonito

Smash Ace

SF6 Trailer

what are your thoughts on the roster/graphics and wishes for the game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom