• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data This is how, when, and where Smash Pros kill

NintendoParty

Smash Cadet
I did a statistical analysis to learn how (which attack), when (at what percentage), and where (in relation to the stage) the pros kill their opponents. I used data from MKleo, Nairo, and Zachray to figure it out. I include all kill data/details in the article, explain and summarize the data with charts, and provide 6 key lessons for Smash competitors. Writing about Smash is a passion project (not my job) and I just wanted to share it with the community. I may continue with a similar analysis for other pro players who play different characters.

How When & Where Smash Pros Kill

Mr. Postman

Smash Rookie
Good stuff. I like the simplicity in your lessons. It makes them easier to implement (though #1 might seem a bit intimidating).

yyy50yyy

Smash Rookie
I love the analytical side of smash. These type of lessons and number charts are perfect for understanding the mathematical side of smash. Great work and I would really enjoy seeing more of these from other pro-players.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
I haven't seen such a fresh piece of data organized this well! This is a great study and deserves more people to see! You should really try sending this to top players to see if you can get any of them to spread this kind of data. Great work!

NintendoParty

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen such a fresh piece of data organized this well! This is a great study and deserves more people to see! You should really try sending this to top players to see if you can get any of them to spread this kind of data. Great work!
I took your advice and posted the article to twitter. Good guy Zackray gave it a like :-). I have no idea if he can read English though, lol.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Great work here!

My main criticism is that "Everywhere Else" is too broad. Would be preferable to actually get a breakdown between grounded kills from center-stage and kills in the air from center stage. If not that, at least separate kills from platforms vs being on the main ground of the level. Additionally, I think 2-frames should definitely be part of the "at/near ledge" group rather than the "edge guard" group.

Last edited:

NintendoParty

Smash Cadet
Great work here!

My main criticism is that "Everywhere Else" is too broad. Would be preferable to actually get a breakdown between grounded kills from center-stage and kills in the air from center stage. If not that, at least separate kills from platforms vs being on the main ground of the level. Additionally, I think 2-frames should definitely be part of the "at/near ledge" group rather than the "edge guard" group.
Wow, this is good research!
Thanks for the kind words.

Top Bottom