• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 This is disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Probably going to be locked, thats fine with me, I just want to say what I feel. I have posted a bit on these forums, nothing major. Just some discussions, ideas, ect. I have lurked in the shadows though and what I see from this community is sickening.
I've seen posts saying "I don't have to be grateful for the series." Or things around that, and that is so wrong. They do not have to make these games. You are not entitled to a smash bros game, they won't be around forever and this IS possibly the last game in the series. You don't have to like it, but if you're a fan of the series you should be happy you're getting one at all.

One thing has to be gotten straight here, this is smash bros for wiiU and 3ds. IT IS NOT MELEE2 2, IT IS NOT BRAWL 2. It is SMASH BROS 4. Fact of the matter is the game is going to be made to appeal to the largest amount of people. Just because an extremely small part of the community wants the game to be faster paced shouldn't, and won't dictate the entire game. This is a game for everyone, not just the competitive community.

The amount of hate on a game that isn't released is grotesque. If you for one single second think that this game won't take skill then you're wrong. Any game takes skill to be good at and this isn't smash the buttons to win. People are over exaggerating what makes a game skillful. If the game is a bit more defensive that isn't a bad thing, it's just different. Different isn't better. Different isn't worse. IT IS JUST DIFFERENT.

Finally, if you're hating on the game because it isn't like a previous entry then stop calling yourself a fan of the smash bros series. Because you aren't, you are a fan of a single game.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The reason that threads keep getting locked is because people keep jumping down the throats of everyone who says that they don't like the game.

Just like you're doing right now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The reason that threads keep getting locked is because people keep jumping down the throats of everyone who says that they don't like the game.

Just like you're doing right now.
Eh, it's not like he's wrong.
Or right.

I mean, everyone I know in the competitive community (sans people on this forum that I don't know personally, as I have no right to judge strangers) are complete assholes about how much they think the game sucks because it isn't tailored to their specifications.

I feel the same way about those people as I do about people who seriously want Goku in the game.
Blech.

You can not like the game. You can like the game.
But if someone's a jerk about it, I don't care what side they're on, their argument isn't worth my time.

It's completely reasonable for people to be upset at people who thrash about how the game sucks cause it's kinda slower than "almighty melee" or whatever.

And besides, he's expecting it to be locked, he just wanted to rant.

*shrug*

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Well, it's true. It's the same way that 2008-Brawl players taunted Melee players about how the game wasn't the same as Melee and used it as troll bait. Now the early "Smash 4 purists" are already attacking the players of the older games. "HAHAHA! You mean this game isn't exactly the same as your precious Brawl/Melee? Get owned and suck it up, suckers!"

No. Shut up, lock this thread, and stop trolling.

SDCBJR3

Smash Rookie
The word disgusting is becoming overused. :ohwell:

Anyways, are you saying that we should just be grateful that were getting a new game and not care if it's good or not? The developers of these games get paid to make them. It's not like Project M where they do it just because they love it. We owe nothing to Sakurai, he made games, we bought them, he got paid. It's his job. It's not our job to be grateful.

I agree with you on everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom