• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This idea I had for a gimmick for Sonic

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hi, everyone. haven't posted here in the Sonic sub-forum before, despite liking and using Sonic, but if the blue hedgehog had a gimmick, I thought of one for him. I would like to share it with you all if you don't mind.

I call this the "Boost Mode". Not the same boost mode from Sonic Advance 2, mind you. Basically, how this works is simple. There is a bar in Sonic's icon at the bottom of the screen during the fight, much like Joker's and Cloud's. Fighting, shielding, attacking, getting hit will fill the bar. Once the bar is full, Sonic gains a blue aura around him and becomes slightly faster (slightly to avoid running off the stage) and stronger. He can still be damaged, but can damage enemies by running into them, much like in the 3D boost games, causing some knockback, though it won't be strong enough to possibly, key word, possibly KO foes at under 100-120 percent. His attacks also become faster and stronger as if they got enhanced by boost energy. This is based on the boost move from games such as Sonic Rush and Sonic Unleashed, except fighting fills the gauge instead of rings and White Wisps. The Boost Mode bar drains slowly for every movement and attack, including punching or running, that you do with Sonic.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
At the least this could encourage Sonic players to play more aggressive so they can get this powered up form.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I would make sonic somewhat slower in his normal form tho!
Or make it so you gradually build speed similar to the classic games and when you boost youre constantly fast!

Top Bottom