• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This I Believe: Metagame and Ruleset Edition

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
This I Believe: Brawl Metagame and Ruleset Edition
[collapse=”Historical Background”]During the height of the Cold War era, when the nation lived in the fear and shadow of the Cold War, renowned journalist Edward R. Murrow started a project as an attempt to renew the sense of optimism in the United States entitled, “This I Believe”.

Over the decade, Murrow collected essays and statements from both famous and everyday people with just a simple prompt: “Write a few hundred words expressing the core principles that guide your life – your personal credo.” Over time and hundreds of radio broadcasts, common themes began to develop such as a hope for the future, overcoming obstacles, conviction in what is right.[/collapse]
With the disbanding of the Unity Ruleset Committee and the community feeling divided on a plethora of issues, the community faces a lot of uncertainty in the direction of the rulesets and how they might ultimately help shape the Brawl metagame. As such, it seems highly appropriate to encourage constructive public discourse as the community moves forward.

Rules said:
You are invited to submit by private message Iridescent or Twinkie essays of a few hundred words that describe what you believe in regard to either the Brawl Rulesets or Metagame:

1. Frame your beliefs in positive/appropriate terms
2. Avoid dwelling on what you do not believe
3. Focus on the “I” of the title rather than the sermon-like “we”.
4. While you might hold many beliefs, write mainly on one.
5. This is like an open journal style entry so you are free to say what you want as long as it is relevant to the Brawl metagame, ruleset, or community.
6. Submissions should be between 300 to 600 words
Every few days, the owners of the thread will review PM’d submissions and “publish” one essay topic for discussion via the original post. Please do not place submissions within the thread as we want each individual essay time to foster positive discussion.

I will be working on getting the first submission in the next couple days.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Reserved for schedule of posters and things like that

Top Bottom