• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social This Girl Ain’t No Zero -Zero Suit Samus Central

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Wait how is it censorship? She has the same model on the Japanese website also.

Plus this is a new game, it's not a port like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
It's comparison going from Wii U to Ultimate (and Brawl to Ultimate in Snake's case).

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
The hate really is crazy. Unfortunately, we have to wait to see more of her for gameplay purposes as she's not in the demo.

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
Wait how is it censorship?
Both her and Snake had their buttocks toned down to be less visually prominent. I personally don't care too much either way but a lot of people thought she was overly sexualized in sm4sh. So making her less curvaceous and more muscular seems to be their way of addressing this. I think he meant making her butt less "eye-grabbing" in the game was them kind of censoring her a bit.

Crocodile19

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crocodile19
Hmm I see, to be honest I don't really care about it anyway. xP
(all I care about is if a game is enjoyable to play)

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Her new face looks oddly pale to me for some reason.

David Viran

Smash Lord
^
I think so too. It might just be the lighting but yeah, she seems unfinished.

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
^
I think so too. It might just be the lighting but yeah, she seems unfinished.
My guess is that the development team prioritized polishing up the e3 roster over everyone else, and they’re still in the process of finishing up characters like ZZS. That’s my hope, at least.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I wish she had the Justin Bailey costume. After all, she wears that at the ending of the credits if you get a really good time on Hard Mode. Why not base it around that model? I wish the same for the black costume at the end of Super Metroid, too, instead of this jumpsuit she's wearing. If they're too concerned about her looking too sexy, because we've got prudes in the US, then maybe they can tone it down a bit, but still give us an outfit close enough to the original. So what if she's showing a lot of skin?

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
Her face definitely looks strange to me. I'm slowly warming up to it but I hope they change it a bit before release. Personally I actually like the chest change, I think some of the people complaining just look at too much ridiculous fanart :p. Not excited about the heels' return either but what can ya do. For costumes I dont care about Justin Bailey personally but they really ought to add it, and the Metroid II + Super Metroid bikinis would be cool fanservice too but personally I'd like to see her white training clothes from the japanese Zero Mission endings

Oddball

Smash Lord
Both her and Snake had their buttocks toned down to be less visually prominent. I personally don't care too much either way but a lot of people thought she was overly sexualized in sm4sh. So making her less curvaceous and more muscular seems to be their way of addressing this. I think he meant making her butt less "eye-grabbing" in the game was them kind of censoring her a bit.
That's less censorship and more "making it not horrible."

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
The rocket heels are pretty cool I sure hope they never remove them, if they have to, then at least keep rocket-like boots.
She still has them. Look at her feet, their the same boots from Smash 4. And in her trailer, she used them a lot.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not too related to Smash, but I feel bad for Samus after all the hell shes gone through growing up...thanks a lot Ridley

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
The rocket heels are pretty cool I sure hope they never remove them, if they have to, then at least keep rocket-like boots.
I say make the jet heels more of the boot it itself and not a boot attachment.

The jet boots look ugly in her default look

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
It is painfully annoying that ZSS isn't available in the demo, she was available in the Wii U demo.

The UK had an invitational smash bros tournament today and I was hoping we would see an updated demo with more characters.

Would be great to know some of the changes that they made to her move set, I foresee this sub-forum to become very silent until release, or simply and outlet for outrage over benign physical changes made to the character.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think EVO is the earliest we would see any updated builds. Even then, they're probably waiting for another big info drop.

I honestly want to see if she keeps all her Smash 4 alts/costumes, or even adds new ones (Pink Leotard and Green hair/Justin Bailey pl0x).

ChozoRidley

Smash Rookie
I think EVO is the earliest we would see any updated builds. Even then, they're probably waiting for another big info drop.

I honestly want to see if she keeps all her Smash 4 alts/costumes, or even adds new ones (Pink Leotard and Green hair/Justin Bailey pl0x).
If anything, it looks like the Zero Mission and Fusion ending alts from Smash 4 have been removed.

Every other character that had alts or significant recolours in the last game (overalls Wario, tracksuit/wireframe Little Mac, swimsuit Shulk, Alph as an alt for Olimar, etc) has had them appear already in their screenshots or character videos. Hers are the only ones that are missing, so it's probably a sign they're not going to be in Ultimate.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If I recall correctly, they did say they were a last minute addition in Smash 4.

Sakurai in the pic of the day said:

Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this... That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!
The blurb does make it sound like they put some effort into it, which makes me think they wouldn't remove them if they had the choice.

D

Deleted member

what is the point of winning if you don't look good doing it?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Nothing new, sadly.

Next major thing that will have a playable build will probably be Gamescom near the end of the month. At this point I'm not holding my breath for a not-E3 build.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Hey all! I've been gone for a long time, but I have a nice job and am saving up to travel and compete in Smash Ultimate. I look forward to dissecting ZSS as soon as I can get into that fancy new training room!

smashingDoug

Smash Lord

How about your signature for an alt?

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I really want to like the smaller bust but it just looks so wrong on her. I feel really guilty because I know it’s not very empowering or feminist to want her to be busty, but I just think it’s an important and established part of her image, and it set her apart from the other female characters.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think it's just going to take some time to get used to for most people.

I'm thinking of it as she still has her usual chest size under there, but she likely has a more of a sports bra than just flat out form-fitting clothes on underneath.

Hard to say until we see if the shorts alts are in the game again exactly as they were in 4.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I think it's just going to take some time to get used to for most people.

I'm thinking of it as she still has her usual chest size under there, but she likely has a more of a sports bra than just flat out form-fitting clothes on underneath.

Hard to say until we see if the shorts alts are in the game again exactly as they were in 4.
I heard it was based on the Metroid 2 remake, so I looked up the artworks and completion screens. And all I can say is, I WISH she looked like that!

The power suit looks better in that game too, yet they kept the Other M design! I just don’t understand the thought process here.

I really want to be excited about Ultimate, but the butchering of both forms of my favourite character, combined with everything else I’m seeing, has me worried I’m gonna hate this as much as 4. I’m actually heartbroken that I can’t share in the hype.

Going off on a tangent here now though, I apologise.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I heard it was based on the Metroid 2 remake, so I looked up the artworks and completion screens. And all I can say is, I WISH she looked like that!

The power suit looks better in that game too, yet they kept the Other M design! I just don’t understand the thought process here.

I really want to be excited about Ultimate, but the butchering of both forms of my favourite character, combined with everything else I’m seeing, has me worried I’m gonna hate this as much as 4. I’m actually heartbroken that I can’t share in the hype.

Going off on a tangent here now though, I apologise.
They didn't use the concept art SR Zero Suit in Samus Returns. Nor is the concept art in the game. It's in the European Special Edition.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I really hope we can get Sm4sh Zamus as an alt, I’m trying to make myself like the Ultimate version but I just can’t... It’s just too much of a deviation from the Zamus I’m used to...

I just wanna kick ass with an implausibly curvy bounty hunter from time to time (Because I actually play “normal” Samus most of the time for various reasons)... Is that a crime? :(

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I really hope we can get Sm4sh Zamus as an alt, I’m trying to make myself like the Ultimate version but I just can’t... It’s just too much of a deviation from the Zamus I’m used to...

I just wanna kick *** with an implausibly curvy bounty hunter from time to time (Because I actually play “normal” Samus most of the time for various reasons)... Is that a crime? :(
I edited this into my previous post on your closed thread but perhaps you didn’t see it. It’s ok to like a character for visual aspects; especially if you find that character attractive. But there’s a line between it being “kind of creepy” to being “really creepy” which then becomes inappropriate and makes other posters uncomfortable. Plus, they might not entirely agree with you and getting bombarded with these sort of messages every time you post can be tiring and kills the current conversation. Please be mindful with what you post and where you post.

This also goes for everyone given that zero suit’s design has been the focus on lots of criticism and unneeded creepiness by the community as a whole.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I edited this into my previous post on your closed thread but perhaps you didn’t see it. It’s ok to like a character for visual aspects; especially if you find that character attractive. But there’s a line between it being “kind of creepy” to being “really creepy” which then becomes inappropriate and makes other posters uncomfortable. Plus, they might not entirely agree with you and getting bombarded with these sort of messages every time you post can be tiring and kills the current conversation. Please be mindful with what you post and where you post.

This also goes for everyone given that zero suit’s design has been the focus on lots of criticism and unneeded creepiness by the community as a whole.
Right sorry. It said I was okay to discuss it when I read it. Shutting up now. :(

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Regarding alts, I'm weird and would like to see this ensemble from the end of Other M the most.

Last edited:

ZSSamus_

Smash Rookie
does she have any major changes since smash 4, or does she play the same technically?

DiamondDust132

Smash Cadet
NNID
DiamondDust132
I've been playing a lot of Project M as of late, so it's weird going back to the tether grab in Ultimate. Up air seems pretty slow. Not unusable but I feel I miss more than I should. Was her short hop always so high? I know her neutral wasn't that great in 4 either, but man, I don't know what to do sometimes. She's fast as HELL though. Also, Up Smash seems to be a decent kill move. I've taken some stocks with it. Plasma Whip also kills now at high percents, which is nice. Also being able to use the other variation for combos is nice. I'm still trying to figure her out in this game. I've had more success playing Daisy honestly, but I'll keep grinding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom