• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Didn't Age Well Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Post all screen caps of people who said Banjo Kazooie will never get into Smash Bros & artwork depicting Banjo Kazooie never getting in.

NO BULLYING just posting stuff people have said about them never getting in

just a fun cathartic thread to laugh at hindsight.

if they have bad words in there posts please censor it & there user names to avoid bulling

thank you <3

D

Deleted member

I appreciate the attempts at making sure there is no bullying and censoring usernames and foul language. But this is the kind of thread born from such things. It's awesome that Banjo is in and I'm sure there have been people toxic to those who want him, but laughing and rubbing in a "haha you were wrong" kind of statement hardly makes us any better.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I dunno, I think this thread sounds like a good idea. It's entirely possible to poke fun at detractors without being aggressive or vulgar about it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am seeing a lot of "sore winners" lately. Here is what I have to say on that:

As for Banjo-Kazooie, it seems many of their fans are “sore winners”. I can understand being hurt by the constant insults by supporters of Minecraft and detractors in general, but there is no need for revenge at this point. You won. You got what you wanted all along. Your dreams have been realized. There is no need to be petty.

Also, keep in mind much of the Minecraft and Steve fans are far younger than many of you. Some of these fans are simply not mature, and to them it was amusing that grown men were obsessing over a relic from 20 years ago. So are you going to prove to them your childishness, or are you simply going to just forget them and appreciate what you gained?

For myself, I experience similar detractors as a strong supporter for Ridley and Roy, especially the latter. I was constantly attacked for wanting a “crappy Marth clone”, “dumb advertisement”, “Fire Marth”. I was always told I was not a real Fire Emblem fan (even though I actually own physical copies of most of the Japan only Fire Emblem titles, and even played through them in Japanese). I was constantly insulted due to the fact I wanted a character that some of the loudest people in the Smash Bubble did not like (mostly because they saw him as an obstacle for their Fire Emblem character of choice getting in). Did I seek revenge or “payback” against those specific users once Roy was actually confirmed to return in Smash 4? No, I was just extremely thankful that a miracle even happened that Roy even ended up being DLC.

Appreciate the miracle that Banjo-Kazooie made it in. When you win, you do not need to make others feel bad just because they were a jerk to you along the way. Just as with Ridley and Roy, it is a miracle Banjo-Kazooie even happened. Their slot easily could have gone to Steve or even Master Chief. Besides, there are plenty of Steve and Minecraft fans who did not do anything to antagonize Banjo supporters.

I hope that is everything that needed to be said about "sore winners".

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Post all screen caps of people who said Banjo Kazooie will never get into Smash Bros & artwork depicting Banjo Kazooie never getting in.

NO BULLYING just posting stuff people have said about them never getting in

just a fun cathartic thread to laugh at hindsight.

if they have bad words in there posts please censor it & there user names to avoid bulling

thank you <3
I want you to take a step back and really consider what you are trying to achieve with this thread. There are some people who are actually upset with characters not getting included and I’ve seen some of your posts throughout other threads and they are borderline “sore winner” mentality as stated above by Chronobound.

I understand the excitement of finally achieving this goal can make emotions run high, (Geno would be that for me) but please remember not to get salty about winning.

The ones who bullied about banjo not getting in are getting theirs now and you don’t need to be like them. At least, if you really want to, I suggest 4chan.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Let's be the better bear on this, shall we? I appreciate the OP's clarifications to not bully and such, but I don't think there are many positive directions this thread can go. We've much to celebrate and chat about with regards to Banjo-Kazooie's inclusion without devolving to "I told you so"s and the like. Feel free to PM me if you find this thread locking to be unfair but I'd like to foster a positive community here leading up to his release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom