• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rant / Other **** this :D

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I love going to tournament every week and looking like a ****ing loser, dropping basically everything I practiced for. Hell, it's not about the complicated stuff. I'm dropping really basic things I shouldn't have to be dropping. It's like, what the ****. Are you serious? I don't understand how these other people do so well all the time and they can do anything they want. Instead, I go there to look no better than a random dude while busting my ass in Training Mode at 4 a.m (which apparently I'm still going at it later tonight, because hope is that cruel).

I don't get it. I just don't. You can't tell me "practice", when I'm doing that every week. Hell, I'm pretty sure even the "top" guys in my place aren't even playing as much as I am. I hate the "practice" card. If it were up to just that, I'm sure we'd all be amazing players. Nothing trains you for the wrecking ball of tournament anxiety. I don't go 0-2 in bracket to people far better than me. I go 0-2 against my head and against my hands deciding to work when they feel like it.

Late night catharsis. Do what you will with it. Peace.

lol I know a guy, he's really good with Banjo (and Zelda i think). You should check his awesome montage, maybe you'll learn a few things, here:

:p

Seriously, i don't really know what to tell you except keep trying... i hope it'll go better for you next time.

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
lol I know a guy, he's really good with Banjo (and Zelda i think). You should check his awesome montage, maybe you'll learn a few things, here:

:p

Seriously, i don't really know what to tell except i hope it'll go better next time.
That's how I play when I'm comfterble and have nothing to lose.

Thank you, regardless.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A lot of us feel this way. You know, I was just watched some videos that sort of address this problem earlier today, and it seemed like sound advice to me.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
A lot of us feel this way. You know, I was just watched some videos that sort of address this problem earlier today, and it seemed like sound advice to me.
Wow, those are very specific things to address, just going off the titles... I'll give them a look.

Thank you.

PURGE THEM LIKE THE

Smash Apprentice
You're not going to get over tournament nerves just by throwing yourself at the training room for extended periods of time. But maybe if you approach your tournament sets more logically, you might not be so anxious during your matches. Think about it like a job fair; you have nothing to lose by attending. If you don't do well, no one is going to notice anyways, and if you do, you might just walk away winning the whole thing. No one thinks badly of you for doing poorly. They're at this tournament because they enjoy playing smash and want to share that enjoyment with others, such as yourself. Get to know the people at your tournament. As you become more comfortable with them as people, you'll also start to become more comfortable as you fight them.

Top Bottom