• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This character's moonwalk is amazing.

SiberianGinseng

Smash Rookie
As a noob, what purpose does moonwalk serve? When should I be moonwalking over a simple RAR or something?
You actually use it to build momentum. If you watch a good Captain Falcon play, sometimes they'll moonwalk two or three times and fly offstage into an aerial. So there's that. But I don't really like the idea of doing that with toon link. Maybe you can manage to do like reverse aerial rush out of it into a bair offstage for a nice early kill but I'm really not certain if that works, or is even possible

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
toon link's aerial mobility is really not that different from his airspeed after a dash so moonwalk is mostly for styling, yeah

@ SiberianGinseng SiberianGinseng bair won't get you an early kill, go for nair (including the back hitbox) or fair

or when in doubt, firespike ofc

SiberianGinseng

Smash Rookie
toon link's aerial mobility is really not that different from his airspeed after a dash so moonwalk is mostly for styling, yeah

@ SiberianGinseng SiberianGinseng bair won't get you an early kill, go for nair (including the back hitbox) or fair

or when in doubt, firespike ofc
yeah that's probably a better option. always twinkle spike for style points though.! also random thing but I signed your TV at SKTAR last year lol

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
KTAR XI you mean ! your signature does ring a bell, but some scrub named mew2king signed close to you and it kinda ruins it

NightyNight

Smash Rookie
I've used his moonwalk as a mix up on occasion. Run toward the opponent, do the first step of a moonwalk, then dash attack, grab, or even fsmash suddenly. So just as you start going backwards, you'll launch forward. But it's by no means something to look for or put effort into using.

Top Bottom