• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Board Died:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
Sheiks sucks if you're going to play sheik you might as well play Marth and you're going to play Marth you might as well play MK. There's no reason to play Sheik or Marth for that matter. Sheik sucks.
That's a depressing way to look at a character...

I wanna learn Sheik because she's attached to Zelda...which is amazing for CPing.

LOL I turned into Sheik against Nakat...he was mad.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Why don't people just start going to tournaments?
Then wed have something to talk about.
Seems like half of the people here don't go to tournaments or even use Zelda seriously.
There are like 5 Zelda mains who go to tournaments.

Also are you guys going to start the tournament results thread over for 2011?
Pick me up. Pay my entry fee. Take me home and I'll be able to attend tourneys.

That's a depressing way to look at a character...

I wanna learn Sheik because she's attached to Zelda...which is amazing for CPing.

LOL I turned into Sheik against Nakat...he was mad.
I actually was playing sheik first and wanted to learn Zelda to complete my sheik and ended up liking Zelda more. Fox is an annoying character. So is Samus and sonic. Maybe sheik would be useful in those MU's but eh. Sheik is a pretty depressing character.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I do the same thing to the Sheik boards.

I go there and lurk all of their research and watch videos and practicepracticepractice. I just don't post because my Sheik isn't tourney ready and I probably would sound stupid lol.

Just to make discussion:

I don't think Zelda is good in singles at all. However, in doubles? Though this may seem cliche because of Riot's performance, Zelda is REALLY good in doubles. Her projectile is like no other in doubs and the amount of support she can give is redonkulous.

IMO Sheik = Built for singles
Zelda = Built for doubles

Anybody wanna discuss it? It being either Zelda's performance in doubles...

or anything.
Post if you want bro we welcome anyone.

But yes Zelda is better than Sheik in doubles......but tbh I don't think Zelda is really good in dubs. If she was heavier/had a good recovery then she could be an amazing stock tank or support character. But combined with her weight and her mediocre recovery in doubles where you get hit twice as much with stupid **** it really limits her imo.

I honestly hate doubles because I think Sheik and Zelda both aren't built for it.

Sheiks sucks if you're going to play sheik you might as well play Marth and you're going to play Marth you might as well play MK. There's no reason to play Sheik or Marth for that matter. Sheik sucks.
This logic is dumb. Everyone should just play MK then.

People play characters because they enjoy them a lot of the time.

Seems like half of the people here don't go to tournaments or even use Zelda seriously.

Pretty much.

Edit: I agree that Sheik is an depressing character if you suck at the game. If you're good, then she's a lot of fun.

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
Pick me up. Pay my entry fee. Take me home and I'll be able to attend tourneys.
This was the issue for me. I didn't have transportation, entry money + entering the event just to be a pot filler.

This is why Zelda mains don't go to tourney.

They either

A) Don't have a ride (along with a lot of other people who main other characters)

B) Don't have money to be spending on being a "pot filler" or

C) Both A and B.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace

I don't know about any Zelda player at Mexico, but Kyokoro(?) and me... I guess that doesn't help much... :urg:

And there's only like 2 "real" tournaments every year, and always in expensive cities...

That's just the thing over here and I hate it! :mad:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Personally, I think Zelda can do really well in doubles..... with the right partner. Like Snake? Ohhh my god, that team. <333

I wish I still enjoyed Brawl enough to waste money on it, but research is still interesting for me. So I'll stick around and continue to spit out technical facts that nobody cares about or will bother to use to their benefit. =X

@3x: Tournies around here seem to be getting more expensive..... but maybe that's just my imagination.......

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
This was the issue for me. I didn't have transportation, entry money + entering the event just to be a pot filler.

They either

A) Don't have a ride (along with a lot of other people who main other characters)

C) Both A and B.
I don't think that matters if you want to not be pot filler then I suggest you go to North Carolina or another **** region like that.

@Mars- just those people who play those characters should do the things I listed.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You can go to tournies and still MM and friendly without being a pot filler.

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think Zelda can do really well in doubles..... with the right partner. Like Snake? Ohhh my god, that team. <333

I wish I still enjoyed Brawl enough to waste money on it, but research is still interesting for me. So I'll stick around and continue to spit out technical facts that nobody cares about or will bother to use to their benefit. =X

@3x: Tournies around here seem to be getting more expensive..... but maybe that's just my imagination.......
Tournies are getting more expensive. However, Tyrell and Pwii are forcing me to go to events lol.

Also, my favorite teammates for Zelda so far are Snake and MK. Why? Because those teams are broken.

After watching Riot and Teevee like...a billion times, I wanna try Zelda/G&W with Pwii.

@Mars: I shall stop by and post more often then =]

EDIT:

You can go to tournies and still MM and friendly without being a pot filler.
That's what I did before. I constantly went to JG's smashfests, Riz's smashfests and maybe one or two tournies. But then, I couldn't be consistent in showing up due to lack of rides..which seems to be the main problem for everybody that doesn't attend tournies normally but have the skill to perform well.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
After watching Riot and Teevee like...a billion times, I wanna try Zelda/G&W with Pwii.
Such a fun team! Apart from the fact that one person gets jumped immediately. ;; Bucket setups too good tho.

Are you going to KTAR4? If we meet, we're gonna do this mm whether you like it or not. :mad:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Anybody wanna discuss it? It being either Zelda's performance in doubles...

or anything.
I will say from experience: Don't team up with a fatty. I teamed up with DDD once..... he couldn't help but get caught in my massive hitboxes.

I teamed up with Inui's MK once though. That was brutal. As long as MK know how to zone my oponents, I could pretty much be guarunteed a killing blow or two every minute.

By that logic, anyone playing zelda should be playing ike... or, better, snake.

In fact, everyone should be MK, Snake, Diddy or Falco.

You know. I think this is the only post you ever make. You simply rephrase or re-emphasize it, but it's about the only thing you ever say.
we get it already. Move on. Deal with the way the zelda boards work or find some other board.

This logic is dumb. Everyone should just play MK then.

People play characters because they enjoy them a lot of the time.
QFT.

They either

C) Both A and B.
I'm in grad school AND in the midwest. I simply don't have the time to go to the scant few tourneys we have.

P.S. I'm not really sure what this thread IS anymore besides an alternative to the general discussion thread.

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
Such a fun team! Apart from the fact that one person gets jumped immediately. ;; Bucket setups too good tho.

Are you going to KTAR4? If we meet, we're gonna do this mm whether you like it or not. :mad:
Sounds like a plan...maybe lol.

@AlmostLegendary

SAY IT OR I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
P.S. I'm not really sure what this thread IS anymore besides an alternative to the general discussion thread.
That's all it is lol.

I don't think DDD is that bad of a partner, btw. He does tend to get double teamed, and it's hard for either person to save his partner..... but he can be a pretty good wall. Stand behind and Din's away.

Could just be my preferred dubs method tho (campcampcampcampcampcampneverstopcamping). Sounds like you like to actually get in and fight. =X

Sounds like a plan...maybe lol.
Nakat would probably put up $5 for you. :upsidedown:

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I will say from experience: Don't team up with a fatty. I teamed up with DDD once..... he couldn't help but get caught in my massive hitboxes.

I teamed up with Inui's MK once though. That was brutal. As long as MK know how to zone my oponents, I could pretty much be guarunteed a killing blow or two every minute.

You know. I think this is the only post you ever make. You simply rephrase or re-emphasize it, but it's about the only thing you ever say.
we get it already. Move on. Deal with the way the zelda boards work or find some other board.

QFT.

I'm in grad school AND in the midwest. I simply don't have the time to go to the scant few tourneys we have.

Ive been to 5 tournaments in the like 4 months I've been offline and I've been in school AND the midwest.
No johns.
I also don't read 80% of the stuff you guys post.

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, teaming with DDD, DK, Bowser (tried it in low tiers. it wasn't that bad but...Mario is better) never works for me.

And as to the teaming with Inui, I know how you feel. Pwii will play so smart and precisely that he'll rack up damage and be safe while I run away. After about a minute or two, I can easily kill with Bair/Fair/Usmash/Dsmash/Fsmash/Utit/Uair/Ftilt.

...Damn, that's a long list of kill moves...

I was going to say the same thing but I didn't feel like editing or posting again lol. Like..the exact same thing...

That too...lol

LOL yeah....

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That's all it is lol.

I don't think DDD is that bad of a partner, btw. He does tend to get double teamed, and it's hard for either person to save his partner..... but he can be a pretty good wall. Stand behind and Din's away.

Could just be my preferred dubs method tho (campcampcampcampcampcampneverstopcamping). Sounds like you like to actually get in and fight. =X
eh. well whatever I don't mind having more than one social at the moment. It's not like zelda boards are active anything but socially, so we can keep conversations separate this way.

As for Doubles (and DDD) Sure, it's be better if you camped behind DDD for him, but he tends to get caught in din's blasts as well.

Actually, one character I found fun to team up with was peach because I could use din's to correct her awful vertical recovery. But the team, on the whole, is too fragile with the two ladies unless they happen to have a good matchup against the enemy team. It's fun, but not overly practical.

Zelda needs a hefty wall as a teammate or a blazing fast damage-racker.

Yeah, teaming with DDD, DK, Bowser (tried it in low tiers. it wasn't that bad but...Mario is better) never works for me.

And as to the teaming with Inui, I know how you feel. Pwii will play so smart and precisely that he'll rack up damage and be safe while I run away. After about a minute or two, I can easily kill with Bair/Fair/Usmash/Dsmash/Fsmash/Utit/Uair/Ftilt.

...Damn, that's a long list of kill moves...
I would normally jump in as he was finishing an aerial and perform one of my own. Bar, fair, dair and uair. In fact, the most AWSOME kill we set up was that he Fsmashed both me AND the enemy. I DI'd up and then used Dair and I spiked the enemy to his doom. he did the same thing with my sheik excpet I used Up+B and used my invincibility and delayed hit to stall out the begining frames of wolf's reflector while we were both above the stage in target bubbles.

I was going to say the same thing but I didn't feel like editing or posting again lol. Like..the exact same thing...
Sweet. I guess I read your mind...... or the argument was just that obvious....

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Ive been to 5 tournaments in the like 4 months I've been offline and I've been in school AND the midwest.
No johns.
I also don't read 80% of the stuff you guys post.
Good for you ? Go suck on a rail road spike.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
You beat me on AIB.
I'm...soooo
maaddd

anyways you guys are really off topic.
I can troll to get people in here, but it doesn't help if you guys talk about SSF4 and video game balance the entire time.
This is the same thing that happened with the BBR discussion of Zelda, people get off topic and start talking about random ****.

also anyone can outcamp Zelda
lol you don't main Zelda you main dust. Never saw a booty ***** bad mouth "his character" so much. How did my cape taste? if I ever do get to play you again I'll just whip out my Ganon and make you rage because I'll just "Camp you with Ganon"

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
See now you're even bringing 'round people from other boards to hate on you. What is it like to have every post you make incite distaste?

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
Do you know what camping means?
I love how you just asked NAKAT what camping is. That has to be the most dumb question to ask him. His Fox is notorious for playing safe and camping. LOLOL

Also, calling yourself a troll is a nice defense mechanism against looking and sounding dumb on the internet. I may use it one day...:rolleyes:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Nakat doesn't even camp well.

He goes pew pew and does both lasers really quickly so he doesn't do the laser close to the ground. Get to work on that son.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You are 100% wrong, but ok whoever you are. my camping isn't all that good it didn't help me beat all those good players I've played.
It's ok son your not very good at camping. Doesn't mean your not a good player you just need to learn how to camp better.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Sorry mars but this thread did morph into a social part deux so I'm locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom