• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thinking about dropping C.Falcon in ssbu

falconstar

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon has been my main since I started playing smash back in 2007. When ultimate was announced, I looked forward to play C.F with all the new changes to his gameplay that looked cool in the trailer. I eventually got the game and started playing him. At first, he felt great and all but after playing against my friends, I struggled to win even though I have a lot of experience in smash games and especially with captain falcon. I don't know about you guys but in my opinion, Falcon is not as fun as he used to be in previous titles. He feels really clunky and his combo game is weaker in general. In smash 4, when I had that grab or that falling u-air, my opponent was in for a ride. In ultimate however, I can't seem to get a full punish out of a grab. In the other hand, I've started playing Ganon and Cloud with good results. My question is: Should I persevere in trying to play captain falcon in ultimate or just go for another character? The thing is that I don't know if captain falcon has a bright future in terms of new strategies or combos. Most of the top player dropped him because they saw no real potential. I would really like to get back to the level that I was with falcon in ssb4 but I don't want to waist countless hours training for a character that might not be worth the investment in the end.
Thank you in advance.

comfortable_lamp

Smash Cadet
I think if you don't like playing as falcon, you shouldn't use him because you will be much more motivated to play and practice with a character that you enjoy playing. You don't practicing with your character to feel like homework.

DWIP

Smash Rookie
Honestly CF initial dash speed is just ridiculous, freaking Bowser as a faster initial dash. As a character that is supposed to micro-space and punish having such a bad dash dance is just poor design. Also he lacks reliable kill moves (knee is hard to hit, and true combo out of a few moves at very specific percentage). I mostly take stocks because I can edge guard consistently

Top Bottom