• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

things you hate about your main

Calaquinn

Smash Rookie
I mean, honestly, I miss Falco's Melee shine. I am, at least as of recently, a full Falco main. Melee, Brawl, PM, and Smash 4. Brawl nerfed him so bad. New fair, new nair, new "fixed" dair, bair was the same but shine was the biggest offender. Granted I will agree that the abcense of wavedash might've brought his usage down a bit but I mean look at what Smash 4 Falco can do these days. Falco's aerial prowess is unmatched except for maybe Meta Knight. His jumo is one of if not the highest grounded jumps in the game, amazing aerials with little lag, and good jab resets. Yet, the absense of Melee Shine and Melee Dair hinder him so much. I was actually practicing the movement of it on my controller. It feels so good to get back into. That and he kinda sucks at ground priority.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
I mean, honestly, I miss Falco's Melee shine. I am, at least as of recently, a full Falco main. Melee, Brawl, PM, and Smash 4. Brawl nerfed him so bad. New fair, new nair, new "fixed" dair, bair was the same but shine was the biggest offender. Granted I will agree that the abcense of wavedash might've brought his usage down a bit but I mean look at what Smash 4 Falco can do these days. Falco's aerial prowess is unmatched except for maybe Meta Knight. His jumo is one of if not the highest grounded jumps in the game, amazing aerials with little lag, and good jab resets. Yet, the absense of Melee Shine and Melee Dair hinder him so much. I was actually practicing the movement of it on my controller. It feels so good to get back into. That and he kinda sucks at ground priority.
Yet he is ranked 7th in Brawl. If you want to see true nerfs, see SSB4 Falco. XD

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
Currently a tri main (CFlacon, Marth, and Mario) and i wish mario had a faster fast fall and nair,it leaves me VERY vulnerable when i throw it out

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
I agree with you on Link's Gale Boomerang. It sounded epic, insane, and powerful. But in gameplay, it was a letdown. My favorite version of Link is red alt 64. I love the vfx his sword attacks made when they connected and throwing the boomerang was satisfying just to hear that twirl and a POP whem it hit. Boy was 64 Boomerang strong (dod a lot of knockback at percents rose), and it could travel through walls which actually could make it travel full stage. The sprite for the boomerang looked so cool too.
As for Pikachu, what kept me from playing him was his model. I just was never a fan of chunky Pikachu until Smash 4 where he became all smooth-looking. If he looked like he did in the Brawl cutscenes I would play him. Smash 4 had me play Pikachu for a short while.

I forgot to talk about how great 64 Link's Bombs were. The sprites and sfx were great. You cpuld throw them and enemies would always bounce off of it, then the bomb would land on the ground and could be picked up. The only time the bomb would detonate from a throw occurred when you performed a Smash throw.

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
I really haven't really got a main yet so I will tell you about everyone I play.
Kirby, he is so light it is annoying how soon I die.
Duck Hunt, people immediately start to judge me.
Lucas, I can not his those sweet combos and I want them so badly.
Pit, Side special, that is all you need to know.
Roy, He is a fast faller and can not auto-cancel for crap.
Olimar, Same situation with Kirby.
Yoshi, His attack noises are somewhat annoying.
Falco, short range.
Lucina, weak recovery.
Pikachu, I primarily play in 8 man smash so getting hits are hard and I'm new to him so that's explanatory.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
:4sonic: I hate when people abuse spindash to Homing Attack. Even after I've read them. They keep on doing it no matter how much I punish them. I hate that glitch where you lose second jump. And I would like more approach options.

:4megaman: I hated how his P Buster was handled from the start. IMHO, you should be able to charge it with A (and be able to jump around, while charging it). That way, you either shoot pellets, or charge and let go. Maybe you could still use your specials while charging. And replace Fsmash with another RM weapon (Pharaoh Shot, or Atomic Fire, or maybe even better, Dust Crusher!!!) Megaman could charge his weapon before Samus, and I love her and all, but just saying. :p

:4littlemac: If they're going to make an absolute dominant ground Fighter / pathetic air Fighter. At least cover all his ground options, including better grabs, killthrows, because being a disaster in the air at both attack and recovering, at least give him the absolute best ground game... Right?

:4pit: Half his game is him attacking in the air, Star Fox style. And he can't do one lousy attack while recovering with UP+B?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
How come:4gaw:doesn't have any lingering hitboxes anymore? That was, like, his whole shtick in Melee and Brawl!
And, furthermore, why does he have such a hard time killing in this game? He's supposed to be a glass cannon, remember? These are the types of things I would really like to see fixed when/if Smash for Switch comes out. It's not even strictly an issue of G&W not being good, it's about the developers outright betraying his character design without giving him anything new to compensate (other than like, some windboxes, I guess).

Last edited:

arbustopachon

Smash Journeyman
I hate :4charizard:'s hurtbox. Why does his head poke so far from his body? why does his head hurtbox poke outside his grab hitbox?

Why do i get hit by Falcon's forward smash when i'm behind him???

korokuro

Smash Cadet
My extremely slow smash attacks (i know you're a bowser main so you probably think i have no idea) but still. My smash attacks are so slow I don't even use them. It's all about that up/down tilt. I also hate my mediocre taunts besides my up taunt which is great for the beginning of a game as a salute. (I like respecting people in game just as much as i like disrespecting them)

but the thing i hate more than anything else about my main is the majority of people who main my main. Toon link mains can relate to this. The majority of Samus mains are annoying 9 year olds that spam on the side of the map and think Roll-roll-roll-roll-roll is a combo. (I don't do that I do real combos and rarely use charge shot)
-----------------

Last edited:

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
:4sheik: 1) excessive nerfs 2) no combo game off her throws anymore
:4mario: Hard to complain about him so I'll just say I'd prefer Dr. Mario's Down B but Doc is so bad there's no reason to ever use him when Mario exists
:4marth: 1) no English 2) every costume has a tiara and a cape 3) every costume his hair is blue (lucina gets several different hair colors but noooo marth is all always blue haired)

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
:4sheik: 1) excessive nerfs 2) no combo game off her throws anymore
:4mario: Hard to complain about him so I'll just say I'd prefer Dr. Mario's Down B but Doc is so bad there's no reason to ever use him when Mario exists
:4marth: 1) no English 2) every costume has a tiara and a cape 3) every costume his hair is blue (lucina gets several different hair colors but noooo marth is all always blue haired)
Sheik can still combo off of her forward throw, but it is not as devastating as her earlier combos.

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
i wish mario had a faster fast fall and nair
Did you actually say you wish he had a faster nair? You do know that it is already frame 3?

Well as for Palu....her ftilt needs a complete rework and i wish she had lightweight instead of counter.
Ike: Make him snap the ledge backwards again out of aether and in general give him a bit more superarmor on that move.

Rran

Smash Apprentice
I hate that Palutena can be (rather than simply be) a solid character if not for a few lousy default specials. C'est la vie... but who knows, maybe the Switch version will rectify that :0

Fazesupernappa

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HONC#140
Well, Marth has a massive problem with taking stocks, so I don't really like that about him.
Mega Man isn't in melee, so that's probably my biggest problem with him.

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
Sheik can still combo off of her forward throw, but it is not as devastating as her earlier combos.
I meant more what her combos used to be off of throws compared to now. Especially at higher percents. Makes her struggle to KO, which was already one of her weaker points.

Dichotomy

Smash Rookie
As of now, I main Robin. He has amazing projectiles to fit almost all situations but his speed is abysmal.

Top Bottom