• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things to learn?

BiskitsTheGod

Smash Rookie
I haven't played smash since brawl first came out. I was a melee fanatic. Brawl was released and played it for about 2 months before I lost interest. Since that time I haven't played any smash titles in years and am just getting back into the swing of things. I've really enjoyed this game and like playing K. Rool. What are some important things to learn? I feel like my movement is very sloppy. Are there techniques to be improving on that or is it just a play more situation? What are some of the best tactics for K. Rool? What is the playstyle? Are there any secret tech's for him yet? Are there any kill confirms besides dthrow --> dsmash/ftilt/utilt? How do we ledge guard properly? I know this is a just a pile of questions and I'm sorry, but I'm greatly looking to improve because this game is a lot of fun for me right now.

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice
DI, fasting falling, dash dancing, perfect shielding, spacing
Basic but effective things to learn how to play really well, master these techs. As for K rool, he's a heavyweight with fast moves. Use aerials, his Bair spikes and his projectiles are rly good. Edgeguard with his netural B and go for mixups with it.

BiskitsTheGod

Smash Rookie
My DI is pretty good. Fast falling is hit or miss as well as my short hopping. I just have to get used to it because it’s been a minute. Perfect shielding seems like one of the most difficult to master. A lot of time in training to get that one. I’ll practice these things more.

I read somewhere that K. Rool has a pretty good grab game somewhere on these forums. Is this true? Grabs out of shield feel so much slower than melee.

Any more information anybody can give?

Last edited:
Top Bottom