• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that frustrate you as a Robin player/main

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Hey guys, I've been developing a balance patch, so I read through this thread to see if Robin could use any QoL changes.

I see a lot of gripes about the frame 7 jumpsquat, but for the record, the actual parameter file shows that it's frame 6. I don't know if Robin got a secret buff that everyone missed, or if there's some hidden external parameter somewhere slowing down her jumpsquat frame by 1 (I doubt it), but I figured I'd throw that into the ring.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
QoL changes...
Definitely Nosferatu not putting Robin into freefall if done in the air (like if the opponent's shielding at the ledge)
Prepatch jab (Jab1/Jab2 BKB back to 30 30/35).
And maybe a slight Arcfire endlag buff.

Zeiah92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeiah92
One thing that frustrates me as a Robin player is that there are not that many options for doing a jab lock/reset situation. I see all these combo videos of characters that can pull off locks and reset and more being discovered by the day. I believe Void just came up with a mewtwo combo on sheik that kills using locks. We can only do it at low percents and when we have a book or a sword. Sure there is el wind cancelling that can be done at higher percents as well but idk if it's just me being bad but the way that robin footstools and fast fall takes too long for this to even be relevant. Like a video i saw you would need to footstool twice to get it to work. I have successfully done a jab lock a few times with el wind. On Mario I would arcthunder, to arc fire, to foot stool, to el wind lock to something so it is possible but they can SDi out of the fire and the spacing needs to be perfect. There's also the risk that Mario can cape the arc thunder back during a match. It just frustrates me how these are the only two ways Robin can lock and how we can't do that much with the locks we have.

Top Bottom