• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that frustrate you as a Robin player/main

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I'll list my pet-peeves when I'm playing against randoms:

-When I decide to ignore my Levin Sword count and lose it(AND MISS CATCHING IT)just when a Smash Ball is in a breakable damage range and is right above me.

-Fubbing up and missing your discarded tomes/sword.

-Characters small enough to duck under projectiles.

-Reflect spammers. Easy to punish but annoying nonetheless.

-Opponents that look at Robin as a living combo punching bag.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
It's usually how Elthunder/Arcthunder/Arcfire clanks with ****ing everything (that isn't Crash Bomber or peanuts). Kinda doesn't help that there's one of those things at the loading screen about how "Robin makes up for their bad run speed with powerful magic".

Like "powerful magic" shouldn't be clanking with that much **** then, wtf Nintendo

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
It's usually how Elthunder/Arcthunder/Arcfire clanks with ****ing everything (that isn't Crash Bomber or peanuts). Kinda doesn't help that there's one of those things at the loading screen about how "Robin makes up for their bad run speed with powerful magic".

Like "powerful magic" shouldn't be clanking with that much **** then, wtf Nintendo

The run speed really irks me, too. Robin's air speed kinda balances out their sluggish ground movement, but I don't see the need for Nintendo to maker Robin the slowest runner.

Also I would love Arcfire so much more if there was just a bit less endlag. It would be amazing if Robins could Arcfire->Grab like Ness, and less endlag means it would be easier to pull off Arcfire->Nos, too! :upsidedown:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
The only thing that really irritates me is how other people treat Robin. They seem to think they can play her by spamming or can counter her with reflectors just because she has projectiles - they seem to think Robin is literally just a projectile character, and it's ridiculous - good luck reflecting f-air strings and grapple mix-ups. -and god forbid that someone who dittos you out of spite actually put the Levin Sword to good use...

Other than that, whiffing Arcfire > Arcfire > U-air has always left a sour taste in my mouth, but that's just something I'll have to get better at. -that and Arcfire's tendency to get run underneath by the faster characters annoys me too... So I guess just Arcfire in general. lol

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Arcthunder is a good substitute for arcfire setups. I love doing Arcthunder + Arcfire + USmash as it is much easier and less costly(in usage and risk factor)than Arcfire spam.

If a player is reflector spamming, you can make them look the fool by making good use of your Levin Sword, and then use the projectiles when they least expect it. It's called punishing for a reason. But yeah, as I listed, reflector spammers are annoying as hell but at least they're challenging you at the same time.

Oh man, all the times Arcfire has whiffed against the speedier characters. Such a rage worthy moment - ALWAYS. *Arcfire whiffs against a Little Mac* Me: SUCH A LUST FOR LEAVING ME OPEN. WHO?! *Eats a Usmash*

Last edited:

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
Arcthunder is a good substitute for arcfire setups. I love doing Arcthunder + Arcfire + USmash as it is much easier and less costly(in usage and risk factor)than Arcfire spam.

If a player is reflector spamming, you can make them look the fool by making good use of your Levin Sword, and then use the projectiles when they least expect it. It's called punishing for a reason. But yeah, as I listed, reflector spammers are annoying as hell but at least they're challenging you at the same time.

Oh man, all the times Arcfire has whiffed against the speedier characters. Such a rage worthy moment - ALWAYS. *Arcfire whiffs against a Little Mac* Me: SUCH A LUST FOR LEAVING ME OPEN. WHO?! *Eats a Usmash*
I hate Macs no matter who I'm using. I can't ever land since they have super armor U-Smashes... :crying:

eagle_master

Smash Cadet
NNID
roustik
3DS FC
2852-7293-3760
FD/Omegas!!!! At first I was ok on it but now I just want to SD myself every time someone choose that stage :mad:. The worst part is that we don't strike/ban stages at my local tournament and it seems that it is the other top local players favorite stage.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Frame

Jump

Squat

I've started making a tally on my Checkmate whiffs due to that. I think I'm up to 41 atm.

EleH

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbguy13
3DS FC
3136-7287-8530
Rant time.

The fact that I can hardly do crud against a character with fast attacks. Honestly. If I had a pet turtle, I'd name it Jab, because that's how I feel about Robin's... It's so slow. Not only that, but I really hate how Robin's tilts and nair are so stubby. They literally have no range. It's annoying. How can I repel anyone if they beat me out so much up close and get better reward of off grabs and jabs? EH?!? I know you have to be strategic n' stuff, but seriously; how can you plan anything if they can outmaneuver you 24/7 and beat the crud outta you when in your face? WE LITERALLY HAVE NO GOOD OPTION AGAINST ANYTHING FAST.

Oh yeah, grab drives me crazy. I mean really, why does it have to be so slow and so short ranged at the same time?! It's like you could stop fighting Robin, walk to the market and grab a chocolate bar, eat it, and have time to throw away the wrapper before Robin can recover... Not exaggerating ether. Not in the slightest...Yeah. And whats all this about working so hard to get a kill? I get sick and tired of a match dragging on because everytime I throw out a nicely spaced smash attack or get a down throw (with the slow grab btw) they ether shield it or jump out! Not like I can catch them ether, because Robin is slower than Jigglypuff. Who is an air based character and doesn't rely on running, at all.

Rant over.

I know Robin is a character that takes time to learn to use effectively, but why do I feel at such a disadvantage every time I encounter a good Fox or Falcon?

Last edited:

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
Robin's jab and Nair isn't too bad. shadowofchaos725, a really good Robin player, always uses Short-Hop Nair as an anti-approach.

Now for the tilts... D-tilt isn't too sluggish, but F-tilt and U-tilt are moves I almost never utilize. :confused:

And yeah, the grab has no range. Robin literally claps at the air about 2 inches in front of them. Honestly, it would be awesome if Robin got a magical tether grab; it would make recovery and grabbing soooo much easier.

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
Robin's grab is the one things that bugs me the most about him since it has pretty bad range and when ever I attempt to do a dash grab I always whiff it and get punished for it since I'm use to Mega Man's dash grab, I know I could just do a roll canceled grab which has better range but that would mean I would have to let go of the control stick when running and perform it since it can only be performed at the start of the dash animation and not the run animation which can be pretty predictable especially if the opponent knows about it.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Nosferatu special fall, hands down...while it doesn't actually kill me or affect my gameplay, I just think that it's silly and there's no reason for it to work like that, and that it would be really cool to be able to use against an opponent guarding the ledge with his shield.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
If I had a pet turtle, I'd name it Jab, because that's how I feel about Robin's... It's so slow.
???
Robin has a F4 Jab. How is that slow?
And whats all this about working so hard to get a kill? I get sick and tired of a match dragging on because everytime I throw out a nicely spaced smash attack or get a down throw (with the slow grab btw) they ether shield it or jump out!
Meh. That's just know when to use smash attacks (as a punish) and the right dthrow-->uair%s (generally 90-100% w/o rage). Also, levin aerials work great.

I personally don't like aerial Nosferatu going into free fall...sometimes I'll see someone shielding at the edge and almost go for a Nosferatu before realizing that I can't. I also hate Arcfire's endlag, but that one's more understandable.

Last edited:

EleH

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbguy13
3DS FC
3136-7287-8530
???
Robin has a F4 Jab. How is that slow?
I said that's how I feel about it, and I was talking about everything after the initial startup; which is still slow in comparison to other jabs. It just feels pretty weird to me considering I play so many other characters.

Meh. That's just know when to use smash attacks (as a punish) and the right dthrow-->uair%s (generally 90-100% w/o rage). Also, levin aerials work great.
Fair enough... It's still hard, because most of the time, I'm stuck using those same aerials for spacing. Which ends up making them stale in the process. Though I don't use them that much, but it's enough to make even midweights survive to about 140-150% most stocks. Thing is, I know I can KO most of them about 30-40% earlier if I could just land a smash attack or a grab > uair for the kill.

Last edited:

a.vader

Smash Rookie
NNID
a.vader
3DS FC
5026-4407-1098
-El/Arc/Thunder clanking with everything, especially annoying in the Luigi mu.
-Small characters running through Arcfire
-Damn 7frame jumpsquat
-Nosferatu freefall
-People rolling to my back between Jab1 on shield and jab2, and punishing me before I can act out of jab2.
-Too much endlag on whiffed grabs.
-Lack of Grima skin
-Pikachu

Nevertheless, I love Robin :love:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Nosferatu special fall, hands down...while it doesn't actually kill me or affect my gameplay, I just think that it's silly and there's no reason for it to work like that, and that it would be really cool to be able to use against an opponent guarding the ledge with his shield.
This - so hard. It's probably why I don't feel completely comfortable with Nosferatu; it's so risky. I WANT to use it to prevent edge guarding, but Arcfire will have to suffice. I do like that I do have a better grab option during air approaches.

Last edited:

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
Robin's jab and Nair isn't too bad. shadowofchaos725, a really good Robin player, always uses Short-Hop Nair as an anti-approach.

Now for the tilts... D-tilt isn't too sluggish, but F-tilt and U-tilt are moves I almost never utilize. :confused:

And yeah, the grab has no range. Robin literally claps at the air about 2 inches in front of them. Honestly, it would be awesome if Robin got a magical tether grab; it would make recovery and grabbing soooo much easier.
I like to use f.tilt similar to lucina's, just when i'm certain it will hit, or as a "don't get close move" to stop characters that run below arcfire...
u.tilt is and anti.air, works on opponents that like to fall/fastfall attack, it is fast enough so you can react to the move and still hit them without being hit...

-El/Arc/Thunder clanking with everything, especially annoying in the Luigi mu.
-Small characters running through Arcfire
-Damn 7frame jumpsquat
-Nosferatu freefall
-People rolling to my back between Jab1 on shield and jab2, and punishing me before I can act out of jab2.
-Too much endlag on whiffed grabs.
-Lack of Grima skin
-Pikachu

Nevertheless, I love Robin :love:
I would love a morgan skin... or just female morgan's skin...

Yeah, i hate that, is not like i've seen people used it as a free kill while the opponent is at 0%, i mean the duration of the grab is not a fixed time, so why i'm in a helpless state after it?... also i've been killed by it, nothing relevant, but wanted to look fancy grabbing someone close to the ledge(it wasn't even the ledge), and i popped out enough to be unable to land on stage...

taylorjoy97

Smash Rookie
I find it extremely annoying how opponents always end up falling out of Arcfire and the Elwind jab, especially since those moves have fairly long ending lag. Also, some characters can attack or air dodge out of Dthrow at early percents, making certain combos useless.

Last edited:

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
I like to use f.tilt similar to lucina's, just when i'm certain it will hit, or as a "don't get close move" to stop characters that run below arcfire...
u.tilt is and anti.air, works on opponents that like to fall/fastfall attack, it is fast enough so you can react to the move and still hit them without being hit...

I would love a morgan skin... or just female morgan's skin...

Yeah, i hate that, is not like i've seen people used it as a free kill while the opponent is at 0%, i mean the duration of the grab is not a fixed time, so why i'm in a helpless state after it?... also i've been killed by it, nothing relevant, but wanted to look fancy grabbing someone close to the ledge(it wasn't even the ledge), and i popped out enough to be unable to land on stage...
The only thing about F-Tilt and U-Tilt that really irks me is how slow they are. They do seem useful in certain situations, but I'm always too scared that it's won't be fast enough to use them.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
idk, Fair and Uair's startup never really bothered me

Utilt doesn't really work well as an anti-air imo. Hitbox is too small for it. They basically have to come straight down on you and not be to the side at all for it to hit.

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
The only thing about Fair and U-air that really irks me is how slow they are. They do seem useful in certain situations, but I'm always too scared that it's won't be fast enough to use them.
You mean ftilt and utilt, right? I'm always using fair to scare away opponents and rack on damage with uair to kill.

I've gotten over Robin's running speed so I'm basically fine with the character as is. I would like it if my opponents couldn't air dodge out of jab and if Nos didn't put me into special fall, but it is what it is.

daddy sakurai pls fix nosferatu

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
You mean ftilt and utilt, right? I'm always using fair to scare away opponents and rack on damage with uair to kill.

I've gotten over Robin's running speed so I'm basically fine with the character as is. I would like it if my opponents couldn't air dodge out of jab and if Nos didn't put me into special fall, but it is what it is.

daddy sakurai pls fix nosferatu
Oopsies! Thanks for catching my mistake.:upsidedown:
Why is Robin so slow waaaaaah

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Nosferatu special fall is perfectly fine, guys.

Could you imagine if Robin could jump offstage and heal for free on opponents focusing on recovering?

PeejsterM

Smash Cadet
Nosferatu special fall is perfectly fine, guys.

Could you imagine if Robin could jump offstage and heal for free on opponents focusing on recovering?
No, it's not fine. You'll already fall a huge distance while using Nosferatu unless they break out of it early, and if you do it just above the ledge, you will not be able to grab the ledge.

Aein

Smash Cadet
NNID
vesferi
The only thing that really irritates me is how other people treat Robin. They seem to think they can play her by spamming or can counter her with reflectors just because she has projectiles - they seem to think Robin is literally just a projectile character, and it's ridiculous - good luck reflecting f-air strings and grapple mix-ups. -and god forbid that someone who dittos you out of spite actually put the Levin Sword to good use...
Exactly! I will encounter players who immediately switch to Lucas or Ness after the first match, and simply hold down b and expect me to feed them! The nerve! And I can tell they don't know how to use them, because all they do is spam side b to keep me away. So I will charge to thoron at points and play mindgames, or shoot at air to get kill tomes against campers. A good old fair will do the trick to get them offstage, then I can easily gimp. Then they'll either get serious and choose a different character, or grab a character like Villager, Samus and Duck Hunt to out-projectile me. What a spiteful pain!

I notice that Captain Falcon is a rather frequent match up for me when I'm playing Robin online though. I guess it has something to do with Robin's reveal trailer, and that makes me laugh. Almost every single one just straight up charges, get shocked by an arcfire -> double fair to the face. If they don't charge, I know this player is not your average Falcon xD

Honestly, I'm quite glad when I can enlighten these players to Robin's potential, in case they haven't been destroyed by spell/aerial combos before.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Exactly! I will encounter players who immediately switch to Lucas or Ness after the first match, and simply hold down b and expect me to feed them! The nerve! And I can tell they don't know how to use them, because all they do is spam side b to keep me away. So I will charge to thoron at points and play mindgames, or shoot at air to get kill tomes against campers. A good old fair will do the trick to get them offstage, then I can easily gimp. Then they'll either get serious and choose a different character, or grab a character like Villager, Samus and Duck Hunt to out-projectile me. What a spiteful pain!

I notice that Captain Falcon is a rather frequent match up for me when I'm playing Robin online though. I guess it has something to do with Robin's reveal trailer, and that makes me laugh. Almost every single one just straight up charges, get shocked by an arcfire -> double fair to the face. If they don't charge, I know this player is not your average Falcon xD

Honestly, I'm quite glad when I can enlighten these players to Robin's potential, in case they haven't been destroyed by spell/aerial combos before.
Whoa whoa, you literally just explained my entire experience online on For Glory when I pick Robin.

Can't handle my projectiles? Welp, better go Ness, cause he's best for it right? *gets their butt rekt cuz how2Ness*
Robin is slow! Better outspeed them and show 'em some...methods of how to die and kill yourself in within 30 seconds.

Aein

Smash Cadet
NNID
vesferi
Whoa whoa, you literally just explained my entire experience online on For Glory when I pick Robin.

Can't handle my projectiles? Welp, better go Ness, cause he's best for it right? *gets their butt rekt cuz how2Ness*
Robin is slow! Better outspeed them and show 'em some...methods of how to die and kill yourself in within 30 seconds.
Haha, right? But sometimes I meet players who are genuinely surprised and compliment in the tags, which is nice. But definitely so many people thinking Robin is a bad character makes me sad because there aren't enough of us out there showing the world what we can do. Our spell web trapping style is very unique. I've gone to a few weeklies and the people I meet are always mildly shocked if they' ve underestimated Robin, especially if they were using a different character than who they usually main just because their opponent is - no biggie- just "the slowest character in the game." Which, we're actually not entirely, but that's what the community likes to believe.

Sure we're a little slow, but we've got enough tricks in our arsenal to make up for it, now more than ever with the new buffs. Speed has never really bothered me, but landing lag has! But the buffs!

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Haha, right? But sometimes I meet players who are genuinely surprised and compliment in the tags, which is nice. But definitely so many people thinking Robin is a bad character makes me sad because there aren't enough of us out there showing the world what we can do. Our spell web trapping style is very unique. I've gone to a few weeklies and the people I meet are always mildly shocked if they' ve underestimated Robin, especially if they were using a different character than who they usually main just because their opponent is - no biggie- just "the slowest character in the game." Which, we're actually not entirely, but that's what the community likes to believe.

Sure we're a little slow, but we've got enough tricks in our arsenal to make up for it, now more than ever with the new buffs. Speed has never really bothered me, but landing lag has! But the buffs!
Ah, yes, the compliments are always nice.
I had a Villager main that kept commending my spacing and kept asking how he could beat me.
Robin isn't slow if you know what you're doing!

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
The thing is, everyone seems to ignore the fact that Robin isn't just a mage. She has some nasty sword attacks, and she's a pretty good grappler IMO to boot. It shows worst when people try to ditto her, it's absolutely pathetic. It's like no-one actually knows what Robin is capable of at all.

-and when it comes to reflectors and absorbers - they're mostly useless because any good player will use Robin's magic when it's a poor time to react to them with those tools. Sure she's not maneuverable, but I think her tools and spacing make up for it. I've caught more than enough people off guard with Arcfires and Arcthunders to show them that those tools are a poor idea. -and don't get me started on those people who try to outrange your regular thunders with tilts/jab. Triple hitting thunder because the opponent just doesn't space properly is a glorious situation. lol

I might not have Robin as a main anymore (She used to be a secondary anyway.), but playing her is always fun and it taught me a lot about checking what your character's strengths are. I would've never known she was such a proficient grappler if I never checked. -and then her D-throw got buffed and made it worse! Haha.

Just gotta live by Robin's code and it'll get you far: A good tactician has nothing to fear. (That and, "Throw books at psychic children.". The amount of Ness/Lucas players I've hit with those is pretty disgusting. lol)

holymario

Smash Apprentice
I can feel with you guys :| I don't main Robin but I use her as a secondary.
First matches are really nice when I play with my main but when I change to Robin everything changes... They change to their "fun" characters because it is "just" Robin. Its easy to tell since they start beeing much worse and don't even try anymore sometimes. I usually just finish their funzies quick so they realise to treat Robin with respect. Then they change to their main again and play serious again but want to go for disrespect all the time. One thing I like to do to such people is, when I am one stock ahead, to just catch their recovery with Nosferatu dragging us in the abyss together. The usual reaction I get then is that they just leave. You wanted disrepect and you got it delivered. Don't mess with Robin or you get what you deserve (also Reverse Arcthunder to Dair spike within the multihits works wonders if they don't pay attention. Sends them off stage in a horizontal line with much hitstun leading to early KO's at 60% depending on their recovery. add edgeguarding if needed.)

AC NuBurs

Defence Bowser
NNID
ACNuBurs

Frame

Jump

Squat

I've started making a tally on my Checkmate whiffs due to that. I think I'm up to 41 atm.
Am I the only one who finds it next to near impossible to play characters like sheik, just because im so used to short hopping with robin? going from 7 frames to 4 (or what ever sheik has) really messes me up.

One of my biggest pet peeves is actually outside the game. I hate it when I get chewed up for referring to robin as a he, it dosent happen to often, but at a local tournament I was talking to a guy, who kept interrupting me when I said something like "oh yeah he has some really cool moves" to be like "UH YOU MEAN SHE RIGHT". Thankfully this has only happened a few times, like maybe 3 or 4.

Aein

Smash Cadet
NNID
vesferi
Am I the only one who finds it next to near impossible to play characters like sheik, just because im so used to short hopping with robin? going from 7 frames to 4 (or what ever sheik has) really messes me up.

One of my biggest pet peeves is actually outside the game. I hate it when I get chewed up for referring to robin as a he, it dosent happen to often, but at a local tournament I was talking to a guy, who kept interrupting me when I said something like "oh yeah he has some really cool moves" to be like "UH YOU MEAN SHE RIGHT". Thankfully this has only happened a few times, like maybe 3 or 4.
Right? At a local tourney, I was using the male default, but the commentators kept referring to the character as 'she'! It was the same thing with another male Robin who went on stream. Like, ok, I guess?

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217

UM EXCUSE ME I THINK YOU'LL FIND THAT ROBIN IS A GIRL YOU DISGUSTING SJW:4robinf::salt:>:4robinm::shaker::troll::troll::troll::troll:

JK to all of that, I'm not that high level of an idiot (I felt bad even typing that, why do I hate myself so?).

With characters like this, just use whichever gender specific pronoun you prefer. I call Robin a she, Wii Fit a he, etc... If people have a problem with it, that's their fault (There was one case I remember seeing on here actually where someone rather was being rather sexist about the whole debacle. But I digress.). Not everyone defaults to... -well, default. Hell, I've been chewed out for refusing to call the Koopalings "Bowser Jr." before (I have a friend that plays Wendy and he refers to the whole character as "she" too. I can't even be mad at that.). lol

-and god forbid you decide to call Robin "The Avatar" or Reflet (Outside of a Japanese scene.). My good gravy, you'll likely get chewed. It's such semantics. My friends still mock me for calling DeDeDe "Day-Day-Day" and not "King Dee-Dee-Dee". lol People will find any reason to jump on you for this casual rubbish. It's not like they don't know who you're referring to all of a sudden.

God bless Sakurai for giving us gender options with some characters though - Super bless the man. lol

Right? At a local tourney, I was using the male default, but the commentators kept referring to the character as 'she'! It was the same thing with another male Robin who went on stream. Like, ok, I guess?
With things like this, it's just force of habit a lot of the time. -again, people will just use whatever pronoun naturally comes to mind, you can't really get mad at it IMO.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Lately I've been running into a lot of people on for Glory that switch from their mains to Lucas or Mr. Game and Watch. And this has been happening A LOT. It's kinda funny actually, especially when they do even worse against my Robin because of that switch.

Though it's going to take an eternity to get used to the :4robinm: vs :4greninja: MU

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace

This so much. I have legitimately had people act rudely towards me just because I play male Robin. And since none of the top Robin players use male Robin, it justifies them to keep doing it. It pisses me off.

Last edited:

holymario

Smash Apprentice
Wait, bashing Robin players for choosing male Robin is actually a thing? Wow that's sad... Guess I'll get hate too when I'll play male Corrin in the future :|

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Like others, I really wish some of Robin's attacks had less beginning and ending lag, particularly Arcfire and his Thunder spells. I also think they should give Robin some kind of combo-escape option--maybe have him immediately be able to use neutral air during hitstun. They can buff Robin's attacks all they want, but he's still going to get rushed down by the likes of Sheik, Fox, and Zero Suit.

I'm also annoyed that Robin's Fire Jab still isn't 100% reliable; after the first two hits, the opponent has enough frame time to either shield or air-dodge right before the blast connects. I couldn't tell you how many times this has gotten me punished. Thus, I mainly just stick with Robin's Wind Jab (which I like to nickname Excalibur).

Top Bottom