• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Things that beat Raw Burst Attack.

[BROF]

Smash Apprentice
Besides counter supports that give you I-frames, and your own Bust attack/activation.
What other things beat a raw Burst Attack outright? I've seen grabs beat a raw Burst but the animation zoom-in of the Burst didnt even come out so it's not doable on reaction, must be done before an opponent even uses it.

Any things you might have found?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You can also hit them out of it, but the timing is extremely strict and it doesn't work on Bursts that have armor (Garchomp's for example)
As far as I know Garchomp's is the only one with armour (not to be confused with blue counter frames). I'm not sure if a counter move hitting at the right time will stop it, or if you can absorb the rest of the hits after the first, but otherwise if you dodge it entirely he leaves himself hideously open for a punish of your choice (and loses some health on top of it all). And of course, if he has but a sliver of health remaining the armour won't protect him from getting KOed by the next attack.

Like IsmaR IsmaR said, normal burst attacks can be beaten with attacks and grabs (surprisingly) on startup, but requires lucky timing (and in the case of grabs, can get you criticalled if you miss). Counter supers can't be hit out of (except by counter-piercing moves), but can be grabbed and have longer than usual startup.

Top Bottom