• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Wam

Smash Ace
I might also just be underestimating them, but I don't think Kary, Pythag and Osie come up with that kind of plan.

And Kary's associations with Dark Horse were horrendous, it's what let us get him, so it doesn't make sense that he would be cool with Dark Horse getting shot.
I know people who would have pulled that trick but I cant see any doing it with the game state where it was. Meta wise I will defer to you.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I legitimately need to have a conversation about why people don’t bus, but that’ll be for afterwards.

All you say checks out to me, though is saying someone is a good lynch really busing?

Yes.

the only scum!fonti argument i see requires a lot of scum theater, and then the switch to laser in order for Kary to push me the next day, which he tried to, but that gained no traction, and fonti wasn’t there for it. (at least I don’t think she was...I’m mobile posting and working out so that’s limited rn)
To the question, I mean, this is an unknown roles game, yeah? So me saying "Hey, this dude is scummy, and you're all ignoring it" even if it doesn't get him yeeted could get him cop checked or vigged or whatever. And that was ultimately how he died.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm just trying to see how scum pythag could work.

My previous theory was the bus driver interacted with malaks role weirdly.
Wait, no, you know that Pythag redirected things, because you didn't get a chat with Mala!

Wam

Smash Ace
Right I should have been asleep ages ago so if you have any questions you have 10 minutes or they will have to wait!

fontisian

Smash Champion
Role blocker.
****, right.

I was going off on this whole theory where scum!Pythag redirects the kill and shoots Mala so it kills DH so he can true claim that, but then why not just shoot Kary so Pythag can claim he saved Kary from the scum nk and they win together. Uh. Anyway, moving on.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Right I should have been asleep ages ago so if you have any questions you have 10 minutes or they will have to wait!
Say anything you can that could convince me you're town, please. Anything in your play, anything that is undeniably towny from you.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if I would have been more or less comfortable with Frozen here. Probably more.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Yeah, it just doesn't make sense for them to make a plan that clears Pythag but leaves Kary out to dry, when Kary was more townread between the two of them.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not sure if I would have been more or less comfortable with Frozen here. Probably more.
Yeah, I’m not to happy being in end game.

I still think it’s wam
He was just trying to convince me it was you a second ago, now he’s trying to convince you it’s me. Those aren’t real convictions, that’s throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks

Wam

Smash Ace
Say anything you can that could convince me you're town, please. Anything in your play, anything that is undeniably towny from you.
If I was a scum neoghbourizer why would I have failed so much. Any more than that will have to wait.

Wam

Smash Ace

I still think it’s wam
He was just trying to convince me it was you a second ago, now he’s trying to convince you it’s me. Those aren’t real convictions, that’s throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks
I'm not I'm trying to see if there is any world in which you could be scum.

Ps I havent found one yet.

fontisian

Smash Champion

I still think it’s wam
I don't think that's actually damning? Like, I'm open to working through the idea of it being you, because I don't want to be wrong here, and I could see town!Wam maybe feeling the same way.

Reactions: Wam

Wam

Smash Ace
I will admit pythag is coming across impatient today. Which I would normally call scummy but as you said, killed a wolf.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I also think it's more likely Frozen was just killed because he was never going to yeet me, rather than Pythag secretly being the scum mastermind.

fontisian

Smash Champion
My conspiracy theory about the neighborizer stuff is that Wam actually targeted Chaco N1, not N2, and they had to kill Chaco N2 because he was souring on Wam in the chat.

Wam

Smash Ace
My conspiracy theory about the neighborizer stuff is that Wam actually targeted Chaco N1, not N2, and they had to kill Chaco N2 because he was souring on Wam in the chat.
I would love for that ti be true. Sadly not.

My head says font, my gut says pythag. Both have been wrong all game so it's probably boomfrog somehow!!

Wam

Smash Ace
I would love for that ti be true. Sadly not.

My head says font, my gut says pythag. Both have been wrong all game so it's probably boomfrog somehow!!
It's probably all irrelevant as I dont think I will convince either of you that it's not me.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Look man, this isn't enough. If you're town, you /need/ to show it. Talk about your proces, hard choices you made during the game, anything.

Wam

Smash Ace
Look man, this isn't enough. If you're town, you /need/ to show it. Talk about your proces, hard choices you made during the game, anything.
Hardest thing this game has been contemplating whether to throw in the towel in case we got to this situation where scrums life is easy. I kicked my self hard when boom flipped because I had utterly convinced myself I was town.

Other flip that I was completely and utterly sold and then was wrong on was syncs.

fontisian

Smash Champion
You holding your 24 hour deadline? Also di me a favour read pythag today and try to put the osie kill to one side for the analysis.
I think so.

I'll reread Pythag. I keep coming back to the kill. I think if you're town we don't deserve to win this.

fontisian

Smash Champion
It's vindication of a sort.

I don't even know! Here's the thought process :

If boom casing of Fonti is true, then she's doing the exact same thing she did earlier just now it's turned against me.
and If I'm trusting Kary isntead of fonti, then boom and Kary were going against her.

But if fonti's role has been confirmed by the mod, I don't know what I do with that. We've noted that the power is OP for scum, and if I'm focusing on VT claims, that means I should be more against Kary than Fonti.

So I place my vote on Osie
Yeah, it's Wam.

Pythag was as confused as I was at eod3, but he stuck with his Osie vote. He tried to make me question Kary. He refused to turn on me even when it would have helped him with self-pres. There is no reason to act that way as scum, he's town and has played this way better than I have.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Somewhere, Boomfrog is screaming.

Sorry Wam, I was kinda swamped at work today. I just got back.

I trust boom's read. I fully believed yesterday it was either Boom or Wam, and he was deadset on it being wam, and not fonti.

For Fonti to be scum, it requires scum!fonti doing a whole lot of bizarre scum moves.

For Wam to be scum, he has to have been kinda coasting on good graces, but now he's actively trying to make one of us scummy to the other.

I'll vote wam, and if fonti is scum, I'll give her the win for some really crazy long game shennanigans, but it just seems to be that all signs point to wam.

Wam

Smash Ace
Whichever of you is town I dont blame you. Should have stuck my neck on the block instead of boom.

Gg

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ok. Here goes nothing.

Vote: Wam

Pythag, if you're scum, please hammer and don't draw this out. If you're town, just let me know what you need from me.

fontisian

Smash Champion
It's traditional on my homesite to color your vote. I tend to color them according to my mood. Haven't done it a lot here because I've been phone posting while voting, but since this is the end of the line, and it doesn't feel good, I'm going with a dark red.

Wam

Smash Ace
I agree with the feeling. My gut is still insisting pythag is playing us.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 6.1

Wam (2): Fontisian, Pythag
Fontisian (1): Wam

A Majority has been reached, and the day is over. Posting flip in a jiffy.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I’ll say if it’s fonti the only nagging doubts I had were the “look at me I’m so town” style comments that were made.

But I’ll take the loss if that’s the case.

Wam if you’re town, sorry.

Top Bottom