• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

fontisian

Smash Champion
Look, all this rereading isn't going to help. I'm good at faking tone and wam's tone is never good (although he usually will have some kind of "town-slip" but never has this game) Look at actions:

Wam has been for every bad wagon all game. He jumped on early in each day and never wavered off his bad yeet picks. He hasn't had townie paranoia, just scummy opportunism.

I've been against yeeting Somi and wam (if I'm scum he is town) D1 and proposed moving to Kary, I was against yeeting Sync D2 and against Fonti D3. My policy of not yeeting slots that could redeem themselves is clear (see me being against the Mercuri yeet in vanilla).

Wam was even reluctant to yeet Kary D4 and tried to coerce some advantage out of it. And he's trying to leave the door open to yeet Fonti toMorrow. If he was actually suspicious of Fonti he'd be trying to sort between me and Fonti but he doesn't care. town!wam would know he is going to lose the whole game toMorrow if Fonti is scum. He'd have to get it right, toDay. But wam isn't thinking that way. He's thinking "I need them to yeet Boom today and Fonti toMorrow".
This is a little rude to say, but from my pov we always win if we yeet you and Wam, and your interactions look worse, and Wam's not really trying Today like he'd have to be as scum, and I'm pretty sure I'll have no issues yeeting Wam Tomorrow if its not you. So. You just have to die. I'm sorry if you're town, Boom, I really, really do not want to get into a pattern of misyeeting you, but you're probably just a wolf and you're definitely too dangerous to keep alive.

I'm going to vote.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** it Im done waiting at this point, mala says he's supposed to flip if we hammer so let's just get it out of the way, Ill finish my kary ISO over night phase if we even get one, hopefully this is just gg

If it goes to final three, good luck to my fellow townies, I know yall can clutch it out

Vote: Boomfrog

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Malakandra has died from injuries suffered in the night. They were:
Hello Malakandra, and Welcome to These Are Things I Like the Mafia Game. You are Parasol Waddle Dee, Town Tough Bodyguard.

Abilities: Once per night phase, you may pm the name of one player. You will protect that player from a night kill, and die in their place instead.

Tough: When you die from a night kill, you will survive for the first 48 hours of the next day phase. You will be notified if your toughness has activated, but you will not be notified if who was the initial target for the night kill.

Win condition: All threats to town are eliminated with at least one town member still alive.

BoomFrog has been eliminated, they were:

Hello BoomFrog, Welcome to These are Things I like the Mafia Game, you are Vivian from Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door, Vanilla Townie.

Abilities: None

Win condition: All threats to town are eliminated with at least one town member still alive

It is now night 5. Night 5 ends at 5 PM CST on Monday the fifth.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Frozen Flame has been killed in the night, they were:
Hello Player Name and welcome to These are Things I Like the Mafia Game, you are Troy as portrayed by Donald Glover from the TV Series Community, Vanilla Townie.

Abilities: None
Win condition: All threats to town are eliminated with at least one town member still alive.

It is now Day 6. Day Ends at 5 PM CST on Friday the 9th. with 3 alive, it takes 2 to reach majority. Live End of Day Countdown

fontisian fontisian Pythag Pythag Wam Wam

Wam

Smash Ace
Well ****.

My reads this game have been appalling.

So lets look at the options, ps this was written overnight.

Pythag: - I can't see anyway we can be where we are today if pythag is scum. It would be a massive gamble for scum to shoot ossie when they were so close to a clean sweep. Because of that I have skipped pythag in the review.

FF - Right so review. I was reading this trying to ignore my read based on the oise push and see what else stood out. In a spoiler as warning it's long.

This post day 1 is strong indication that FF isn't buddies with kary and DH. I can#t see scum FF pushing a link between their two buddies this early day 1.

is top question legitimately a question re: # town and slum slots in the setup?

only reason I don't think the second question is suss is because it involves a half xivii slot making a claim lmao

the fact that DH asks this followup question and not Kary made me do a double take. when literally thought it was DH who told pythag to pick a wagon and then followed up with the why. interesting confluence in interest between these two slots on pythag's rationale, if one of these slots flips scum this is an interesting connection to look at
More pressure on Kary, this is slightly more 50/50 as to whether it is distancing.

kary attacking me for the alleged "hedging" on somi is weird af considering he placed me at #3 most townie overall on his readlist so that's throwing me off right now, but until he did that he was generally a town read of mine

pythag is straight null atm, still trying to work out about how I feel about him coming after me for not reading the rules fully and the going "oh alright then I guess I buy your explanation." kind of felt like a way to defuse a situation that backfired
Linking me and Kary here. Which again I view as 50/50.

is the complete mirroring of these two slots' bottom 3s weirding anyone else out at all?

Wam Wam fonti has posted a bunch since this, any update on your read there?
More pressure on Kary. I think buddy FF would have let the questions drop.

@#HBC | Kary wtf dude liking my posts with a direct question to you but not answering it? :glare:
THis would be a weird time to bus Day 1.

fontisian fontisian is dark horse a play?
I don't like how the day 1 reads have been dropped by here for a pile of teams that don't look great. Not that I can talk.

just based on my takeaways from re-reading Sab, I'm feeling wam/boom/LG or wam/boom/synch possible scum teams hmmmm
So from my perspetive, either I'm wrong on pythag, FF is scum or Fonti has been pocketing you since day 1.

this is super fair criticism and I'm going to learn a really harsh lesson on underestimating people if she's snowing me but ultimately I just don't see fonti thinking theres value to be had pocketing me, maybe what I'm doing is underestimating the value my word carries in fonti's eyes
Is there a hint of TMI in the below.

fontisian fontisian why mala over synch at this point? If you think synch is a misplay I want to know why
I think scum FF wouldn't have cared about the wagon dying as one town is similar to another from scums perspective.

this is a really interesting take, really pings town for me, probably more than it should

why did you go through all that effort just above this comment in this post to illustrate a plausible synch case and then leave such a weird escape hatch at the end?

this is oddly specific, why jump to this particular assumption?

I'm going to vote synch in this post. what are your thoughts on coming back?

you have no idea how much you repeating this skeeves me tf out lmao

I also very much disagree with you here re: Synchs pressure there being "fair." from my POV, the whole interaction felt like a giant attempt at a "gotcha" and purposefully trying to corner me or trip me up in some way. I can understand you interpreting it differently, I just very seriously disagree. And I can assure you, it wasn't synch that talked me out of the Chaco tunnel. I still very much feel like the slot was purposefully missing or trying to obscure the point I was making re: why I felt it was suss that chaco added commentary to his vote that was at minimally related to optics

please walk me through how and why the scum create such a situation for themselves. this is my principle objection to the fonti is pocketing me theory. I think its an immediate strategic misplay to try to pocket me so early, especially considering the timing of fonti replacing gorf. Why would scum's plan upon fonti replacing be "fonti commit to town reading frozen to pocket him" when it was so early in the game, well before whatever "towncred" I have really developed. In fact, I would argue that the momentum my town cred got was in large part due to fonti throwing her support to my slot. Why in the world would scum box themselves in like that so early and for so little gain other than me, far from town leader, not wanting to yeet scum!fonti? Why would she even be afraid of me in the first place, why not pressure flip me? she's more than capable

You repeat the sentiment that "synch is weird" a lot in this post. I generally agree with that sentiment, but I guess would more specifically say the slot feels discordant. But isn't that a natural way for hydra slots to come off? It's my biggest personal hesitation on the slot, am I letting my frustration with a difficult to read hydra bleed into my alignment assessment? Either way, at the end of the day, I do not feel like this slot is helping me solve this game. At all. Not saying its synchs job to handhold me, thats unfair to ask of anyone, but I can't shake the feeling that this slot doesn't care to read me, only to get me.

this is scary accurate I really am not looking forward to rolling scum against town!fonti again like fml the soulread is real

bad. I feel bad about everything the slot puts out with very rare exception tbh

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...s+I+Like+the+Mafia+Game+-+Day+2+&font=cursive

as of this post you have approximately 15 hours and 25 minutes left of dayphase. which means you really have ~10-12 hours to get meaningfully caught up if you want to meaningfully contribute and be informed before deadline. not trying to be a ****, I'm not gonna hold it against you if you can't be 100% up to speed in that short a window, I certainly wouldnt be under normal circumstances, but just trying to make sure you know you're on the clock bro and boy is it ****ing ticking

also big picture wise, Sabrar and somi both flipped town and laserguy claimed VT randomly without anyone asking. Wam was competing wagon to somi at EoD1 and had 6/7 votes required to lynch

anyone else beginning to feel like synch is attacking lots of slots, "flailing" as chaco put it, to muddy the waters for the slots papertrail if it flips? I feel like in a weird sense, synchs aggroness to so many slots is actually a defensive strategy that serves dual purposes: 1. the slot gets to feel around for threads to tug to move the spotlight away and 2. upon flip it's harder to tell who the slot was trying to legit distance and which the slot was actually trying to push to overtake as leading wagon

Vote: Synchronicity

I realllllly didn't like how I hopped off as a safety measure and then the wagon started immediately dying
Not going to quote because there are many instances but I think the amount FF talks about Kary snowing is less indicative of buddies. I think FF would have thrown it out a few times and then let it drop but they keep coming back to it which I think is townie.

Again I keep coming back to it but I do not see the push below coming from scum FF.

from a global strategy perspective though, I think we all really ought to consider the practical advantages of a DH/heury yeet at this point though

If we're in 6v3 right now, a misyeet lands us in 4v3 tomorrow. Guaranteed LYLO

In such a scenario, scum can alpha strike with one errant vote. Not trying to throw shade at all, but lets not forget what happened in completely vanilla. Ran replaced in last minute and cast the game deciding vote. I'm not saying that Ran didn't properly get caught up or that he didn't understand what was going on in the game, but tbqh the idea of a replacement casting a potentially game ending vote in LYLO makes me sick

my point here, is we have the cushion to misyeet and guarantee ourself a LYLO with slots that have all been actively engaged in this game. Leaving the heury slot alive for LYLO, assuming DH/heury is town, is leaving a wildcard on the table for scum to easily manipulate into casting the single misvote they need to alphastrike

frankly, I think there's a decent chance of hitting scum on the slot. DH has been a background player all game and I've never felt good about the slot. I don't think I can actually point to a single instance in this game where I felt DH was actually scumhunting, and all we got from Heury was a check in post BEFORE EOD2 and we still have not heard a single peep from the slot this game. This is absolutely not reassuring, and the way this game is going I'm convinced that we are dealing with atleast one coaster scum slot this game

If DH/heury flips scum I'll be ecstatic, but even with a town flip we will have a "healthy" LYLO if you're following what I'm saying here. Leaving DH/heury alive for LYLO is begging for disaster. Heury had the entirety of N2 to catch up and very clearly did not. D3 has been going on for days and still nothing. This lack of motivation is extremely concerning if the slot is town and proves my point that the slot will 100% be a liability in LYLO. Or it could just be explained by being scum and not caring to do anything to move the game along or help the town get out of the quagmire we're currently in. town!heury is not going to solve this game in LYLO, the slot in all likelihood will either come in and just sheep a townread, or will cast a potentially game ending irresponsible vote. And there's no way scum NK a town!DH slot so unless we deal with the slot now, it will be poison for us down the line

I know GLG gave us a 24 hour extension to try to get heury in here but it's already almost the original deadline and we still have nothing from the slot, so the 24 hour extension really doesn't do anything for us. That's not GLGs fault or anything, but at this point we're running out of time fast
I don't see scum FF coming back with this link again

hey guys wanna just yeet kary so I can see if this post was actually over 9000 IQ and I can laugh at all yall assholes who told me I was an idiot for picking up on this possible connection?

Vote: Kary
GIve me a chance! believe the snow!!!!
🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨

at the risk of giving the game away in the event this is a turbo snow scenario, if I'm being honest with myself I cant see any universe where I vote pythag or fonti out in final 3 over wam
Yeah it's wine but I was so sold on boom....

aight no rush we have till monday, but bro this is WIFOM and you know it

And thats the end of My FF Iso. I haven't found anything thats really challenged my town read.

Starting with Gorf

Out the box RVS on a team mate is a classic distancing move.

10-3, 7 is a way better number than 5.

vote: dork horse

Wam Wam if you had to choose right now who’s vote on malakandra is the scummiest and why?
I stand by my day 1 read that gorf was defensive day 1.

DArk horse and Kary distancing?

Gorf
Chaco
Frozen Flame
BoomFrog
Somitomi
LaserGuy
Pythag
Malakandra
Kary
Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra)
Sabrar
Dark Horse
Wam

unvote

vote wam
Hesitant Kary read here

Whatever, Kary's probably just town.

Kary, if your main issue with Chaco is him defending Wam or avoiding voting Wam, then what you actually have here is a Wam scumread to figure out.
Definite buddy hints here along with TMI on Chaco

Look, Laser, maybe I'm the idiot here, but I don't buy the case against Chaco. He acting weird under pressure, sure, but it wasn't just towards you, it was towards me and Dark Horse and other as well. You're making it out to be this targeted thing to try to get you to back off, but it wasn't, he was lashing out in a lot of directions.

I feel like you're ignoring the content he has given and narrating around it. Like, town!Chaco probably looks at somi before you because he's already suspicious of somi, he knows he's emotionally invested when it comes to you, somi has less content and is therefore easier to go over, and you're just a harder read in general. The argument against that is Chaco himself said he does better getting reads from direct interactions, so maybe town!him would be having an easier time getting a feel from you as you've gone after him. But, idk, I feel like there's understandable reasons for what he's doing, and you're glossing over
them to make this narrative about him trying to avoid you and being caught.

That's the combined with my feeling that he's not posting like he's caught. He's continuously pushing back, and fighting people, and getting into spats like the thing with Kary earlier today. He's trying to figure things out and giving us stuff to work with. That's not how scum who's too scared of you to do anything about you acts.

And I feel like town you would be aware of all this, and be more willing to give the benefit of the doubt? or something like that? Like in Sumting, where you were able to identify new!town and use that to clear someone. This feels more like Midnight Ops, where scum you was still smart, and still making reasonable posts, but you didn't extend that consideration to a newbie and try to understand their thought process.

I think the thing that's pinging me the most about you, though, is that post where you said a bunch of town clearing Chaco and a bunch of scumreads going after him was making you rethink your read. It felt very calculated, I think, probably because it lets you off the hook for your read and lets you fall back on the
"general town opinion." And there's no reference back to that here, did you forget about it? It doesn't seem to be reflected in your reads? Did your reads just change?

Sorry, this is probably not very clear, I'm hella sleep deprived and potentially spouting nonsense. Regardless, I feel like the energy from Chaco is genuine, and I'm sticking with that feeling.
This a weird post for buddy font to make. Distancing or bussing or town.

I could kill Dark Horse? I feel like he kept his vote on me for way too long. Maybe it's not fair to have these sort of expectations for someone I've never played with before, but he seems like the kind of person who would have been townreading my approach to the game.
I feel Dark horse is too high in this list. Also 3/4 keep an eye on flipped town.

Chaco
Kary

Frozen Flame
Pythag
Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra)

Sabrar

BoomFrog
Malakandra
Dark Horse

Wam
LaserGuy

Somitomi

There has been a lack of town leadership in this game, which means someone who should be leading isn't town. If I die, do not let Laser, Dark Horse, Boom and Sabrar off the hook. Make them work for this.

If we kill Wam, and he flips scum, clear Sabrar. If Somi flips scum, do /not/ clear Dark Horse.

I feel strongly that the five greens are town, and that if you do not yeet them this game we will win. Remember to work with each other and listen to each other.
I have got to this point and I'm worried that confirmation bias is skewing all this reads but I don't see a route out of it.

Minutely more likely that scum Font knowing I'm town posts this

Mala's case sucks because it's based on the premise that Wam is mafia and his scumteam must have been trying to save him. Which 1. I don't know that Wam is mafia and 2. I don't know Wam is mafia, so if he is, I, and every other town on Somi didn't know we were supposed to vote Wam. And considering that Somi completely fell off after being accused, I don't blame for voting him. Except maybe Boom, with his whole wavering dance between Wam and Somi.
Oh god font posts a lot!

THeres quite a few protestations of look at me im so town.

Dude, I'm not mafia. If you're town you need to get your **** together.
View on me changed Font?

This is a pretty towny reaction to oncoming death.
Townie confusion, scum not wanting to be on 2 town wagons?

Boom feels town. I hate everything.
There is quite a bit of waffling around the two scum flips here.

I don't think it was as weird as like Dark Horse's thing, for example. Iirc, Kary was butting heads with Syn way before and seemed pretty tunneled?
Still view this on my role?

I feel like Wam's claim has scum utility it wasn't used for. Like, use it to target a town and convince them you're town. Or use it to target a town you think it pr and try to get them to trust you and claim to you. I feel for him to be scum with this role it would have had to have some sort of limiter, like he couldn't use it until a certain Day or another condition that wasn't met.
Pushing the Kary = town line a lot.

I have literally been hardclearing Kary and Frozen for the majority of the game.
I am 95% sure my towncore is good, and that's enough to bet the game.
THis is a good sign for font the big case from Kary.

This is expecting other people to do work for you;

But it's also a lie. Because you know you didn't address everything Boom said against you.

You can SAY that you did so. You hedge on it, by putting a '?' as though you're not sure, but it is very clear you are CONFIDENT you have dealt with it.
And when I give you an itemized LIST, you can respond to THAT.

But if you are confident that you have already addressed the points Boom made, you wouldn't need to respond to them now.

The ONLY sense in which you can say "I dealt with that already" is when you care more about DISMISSING the case than ADDRESSING it.

--------------------------------------------------------

So for the sake of argument, let's see how fonti deals with ONE point from Boom's argument:

278 "Chaco is 'caught for the wrong reasons'?" tries to get me to question my town!Chaco early read https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...-23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-7#post-24082262
295 "Clarifies, not actually saying Chaco is scum, just everyone should think about it. But Fonti never gives her own opinion." https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...-23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-8#post-24082296
297 "To DH: But Chaco could be scum, right?" https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...-23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-8#post-24082298
305 "To DH: Your logic for why Chaco is town is invalid, also, did you look for scum pushing Chaco if Chaco is town?" https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...-23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-8#post-24082313
867 "Don't blame anyone for voting Somi except Boom" https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-22#post-24087872
875 Pokes holes in DH's town read of Mala based on EoD1 tone https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-22#post-24087948
882 Continues to argue that Mala can fake tone https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-23#post-24087974
974 Points out Laser tunneled in Midnight Ops in order to poke holes in Chaco's town read of Laser https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-25#post-24088631
995 Disparages the Sync notes as a town tell without actually having read them https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-25#post-24088702
1082 Says notes can be faked without actually trying to analyze if Sync notes feel faked or not https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-28#post-24089148
1119 Analyses the notes, seems to mostly say they look townie, but concludes that LG is scummy for town reading too fast from the notes. https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-28#post-24089375
1127 Disparages my read saying the notes must have already existed before they were posted. https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-29#post-24089386
1133 Uses note-gate to say Laser is scummy for town reading Sync too fast https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-29#post-24089392
1208 Pokes holes in Kary's assertion that Wam-Boom is impossible based on EoD1 https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-31#post-24089776
1468 Pokes holes in Kary's town read of Mala https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-37#post-24091626
1647 Likes my post ripping into Kary's reads https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-42#post-24092973
1681 Continues to try and poke holes in Mala's solid town!Boom read https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-43#post-24093099
1700 And some more [Note this is a critical EoD time when, in theory, Fonti doesn't like either wagon] https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...23rd-at-5-pm-cst.507224/page-43#post-24093186

The EIGHTEEN EXAMPLES of fonti sabotaging a town read. Something she completely ignored in her first response. But let's hear what she has to say.

First, deny doing it, and act confused.
Then, give some reasonable-sounding examples, of when you would need to do something...
Then, give an example where you were obliged to do something, and how it's clear you were doing the right thing.

This does nothing to address EIGHTEEN EXAMPLES. It merely gestures in the direction of sometimes having a legit reason to do something... and invites us to fill in the blanks, giving you the benefit of the doubt for EVERY SINGLE TIME this has happened.

So let's look at what actually happens.

fonti doesn't question why I am town-reading Mala, what reasons or posts, or why they are 'obvious' to me. She simply throws shade on my read.
I ask what I am supposed to be afraid of, and then shortly after give my full reads list with multiple reasons why I town-read Mala.
Fonti has a very 'frustrated' response to my reads list, but let's look at one part of it:

fonti literally makes no points against Mala. Her defense of Chaco Day 1, at least had the basic point that "Chaco's somi case feels genuine". When it comes to reasons to doubt Mala, she just says I am wrong, or could be wrong, and I should do some more work (this is a theme you may remember from earlier). There is no "Mala did all of these things in Midnight Ops", because that would require examples, and effort from fonti. There is no desire to discuss why I think Mala is townie, because that might have the effect of people agreeing. The ONLY thing that fonti does here is throw shade, and get frustrated when called out for doing it.

let's look at the MOST DISGUSTING example

I cannot make a neater or more succint response than what Boom already said:

Fonti's ENTIRE NARRATIVE during Day 2 was that she wanted to help or defend Sync.

Her sniveling response to Boom says:

HOW IN THE **** IS A HUGE NOTES DUMP NOT SOMETHING YOU COULD USE??????????????????????????????????

fonti saw that people might correctly town-read Sync because of the notes dump, and INSTANTLY tried to undermine it.
at no point did fonti answer 'is it in Xivii's / Bessie's scum range to do this?
at no point did fonti answer 'do I find these notes to be townie or scummy from sync' ?

read the post again:

This is not someone 'who had a bad Day 2'.

Fonti spent all of Day 2 saying that she needed to sort Sync, that she wanted to defend Sync, but she had doubts, and town wouldn't have listened....
SHE ACTIVELY WORKED TO UNDERMINE THEM

Boom's case is a slam dunk, and I really didn't appreciate it until I put in the legwork to re-read Day 2, and break down everything he said. It's so good I'm not surprised fonti turned on the waterworks in response, because you couldn't fight against that.

But the reason the case has legs in the first place, is because I just #choochoo #HBC pushed Sync no stop, and now we have to pick up the pieces, and look at who didn't fit in. #HBC isn't about yeeting people over nothing. It's about yeeting people over little things, and turning that into a win.

Fonti was absolutely shook when BOTH heads of Sync called them out in their goodbye post. They knew fonti made no real attempt to read them, but they didn't have the time to quote all the examples, and make the whole case.

I can't explain every single scummy thing fonti has done this game, there's just too many. she's been duplicitous, manipulative, and shameless all game.
I can't expect you to just trust me. But you can listen to me, and listen to Sync.
You can look at these examples and ask, was fonti trying to build a town circle, or destroy it? Was fonti trying to help sync, or bury them?

Fonti is going to flip mafia. There is no better explanation. She is suicidal as mafia, but there's only so far being brave can carry you. This is the end of the line. Don't throw away all the work that's lead up to this. Yeet fonti.
THis is a weird post for scum font to make.

Kary is probably still town. I suspect they had an interest in reading me as a person and not an obstactle from the moment I interfered with their Chaco read.

We should yeet DH. Osie never even followed up. I suspect we wont, and it sucks. Trust Frozen in lylo, if he's scum, that's on me, not you guys. Don't blame Kary too much for this push. Blame Laser and Boom for being off doing their own little dance while I'm bleeding town.

Do not let Pythag charm disarm you. He is being honest and telling what he means, but what he means comes from a scum pov.

Laser scummier than Boom, his worlds don't make sense, Boom at least seems to be trying to figure this out.
Swtich to laser here looks bad

Nah, **** this.

Vote: Laserguy

Pythag Pythag @Malakandra @BoomFrog #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame

We literally all feel like it's him and have been dancing around it for Days. He was here when I started and conveniently disappeared when I made my defense.
There were literally 2 minutes between fonts osie vote and fonts laser vote. This is against a slot they have been reading as dodgy all game. This looks very suspicious to me.

Then went back and forth between osie and laser. I think its a scummate trying to avoid an osie lynch but be on the wagon if it does happen.

So i have a slight scum read which is then compared to my town FF read and by POE leaves me leaning towards Font.

Right last bit meta look at what dead townies thought.

Somitomi - Laser is suspicious along with Chaco
Sabrar - Wam is suspicious but we did, also we never went back to the below once DH fipped.
My notes say that Malak has townie tone, Gorf/fonti is town and if Dark Horse is scum then Gorf must be scum which together with the previous must mean that Dark Horse is town as well.
Synchronicity - viewed font as highly suspicious by both heads.
Chaco - if syn flips town look boom/font, Suspicous of boom through
Laserguy - One of font/boom has to be scum
I can't either. So I don't really see how you can convince me fonti must be Town... I think at least one of you has to be mafia.

I wasn't expecting to yeet you.
Malak - was convinced on boom, seems to be not linking font or me with Kary.
Boomfrog - There was the the long against font post which they backed off on. Then from then on was focused on me being scum.

So trust, sabra, sync, chaco, laser if you don't trust me!

Sorry for the very long essay.

Wam

Smash Ace
Huh I was convinced pythag would die. Ans my target was ff. So yay another failed neighbourhood

fontisian

Smash Champion
No, I'm being stupid, it's never Pythag.

Wam, I'll be voting you in 24 hours. If you would like to possibly sell me on Pythag before that, you are welcome to try. I imagine you don't intend to and instead will just go for me.

Pythag, let me know what you need from me here.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Well ****.

My reads this game have been appalling.

So lets look at the options, ps this was written overnight.

Pythag: - I can't see anyway we can be where we are today if pythag is scum. It would be a massive gamble for scum to shoot ossie when they were so close to a clean sweep. Because of that I have skipped pythag in the review.

FF - Right so review. I was reading this trying to ignore my read based on the oise push and see what else stood out. In a spoiler as warning it's long.

This post day 1 is strong indication that FF isn't buddies with kary and DH. I can#t see scum FF pushing a link between their two buddies this early day 1.

More pressure on Kary, this is slightly more 50/50 as to whether it is distancing.

Linking me and Kary here. Which again I view as 50/50.

More pressure on Kary. I think buddy FF would have let the questions drop.

THis would be a weird time to bus Day 1.

I don't like how the day 1 reads have been dropped by here for a pile of teams that don't look great. Not that I can talk.

So from my perspetive, either I'm wrong on pythag, FF is scum or Fonti has been pocketing you since day 1.

Is there a hint of TMI in the below.

I think scum FF wouldn't have cared about the wagon dying as one town is similar to another from scums perspective.

Not going to quote because there are many instances but I think the amount FF talks about Kary snowing is less indicative of buddies. I think FF would have thrown it out a few times and then let it drop but they keep coming back to it which I think is townie.

Again I keep coming back to it but I do not see the push below coming from scum FF.

I don't see scum FF coming back with this link again

GIve me a chance! believe the snow!!!!
🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨

Yeah it's wine but I was so sold on boom....

And thats the end of My FF Iso. I haven't found anything thats really challenged my town read.

Starting with Gorf

Out the box RVS on a team mate is a classic distancing move.

I stand by my day 1 read that gorf was defensive day 1.

DArk horse and Kary distancing?

Hesitant Kary read here

Definite buddy hints here along with TMI on Chaco

This a weird post for buddy font to make. Distancing or bussing or town.

I feel Dark horse is too high in this list. Also 3/4 keep an eye on flipped town.

I have got to this point and I'm worried that confirmation bias is skewing all this reads but I don't see a route out of it.

Minutely more likely that scum Font knowing I'm town posts this

Oh god font posts a lot!

THeres quite a few protestations of look at me im so town.

View on me changed Font?

Townie confusion, scum not wanting to be on 2 town wagons?

There is quite a bit of waffling around the two scum flips here.

Still view this on my role?

Pushing the Kary = town line a lot.

THis is a good sign for font the big case from Kary.

THis is a weird post for scum font to make.

Swtich to laser here looks bad

There were literally 2 minutes between fonts osie vote and fonts laser vote. This is against a slot they have been reading as dodgy all game. This looks very suspicious to me.

Then went back and forth between osie and laser. I think its a scummate trying to avoid an osie lynch but be on the wagon if it does happen.

So i have a slight scum read which is then compared to my town FF read and by POE leaves me leaning towards Font.

Right last bit meta look at what dead townies thought.

Somitomi - Laser is suspicious along with Chaco
Sabrar - Wam is suspicious but we did, also we never went back to the below once DH fipped.

Synchronicity - viewed font as highly suspicious by both heads.
Chaco - if syn flips town look boom/font, Suspicous of boom through
Laserguy - One of font/boom has to be scum

Malak - was convinced on boom, seems to be not linking font or me with Kary.
Boomfrog - There was the the long against font post which they backed off on. Then from then on was focused on me being scum.

So trust, sabra, sync, chaco, laser if you don't trust me!

Sorry for the very long essay.
Bruh.

Sabrar said I was town and you are scum. Chaco hard townread me for most of the game. Laser told me Boom was more likely mafia, and he wrong on both of us. Mala said I was town and you are scum. Boom said I was town and you are scum. Frozen said I was town and you are scum.

Syn said I was mafia, that's true, but they were suspicious of you too.

I've had a terrible ****ing game, I won't deny that, and I was paranoid and crappy to all the wrong people. But you don't get to claim that every dead town said I was scum. Frozen, Boom and Mala all found me in the end.

Wam

Smash Ace
No, I'm being stupid, it's never Pythag.

Wam, I'll be voting you in 24 hours. If you would like to possibly sell me on Pythag before that, you are welcome to try. I imagine you don't intend to and instead will just go for me.

Pythag, let me know what you need from me here.
I could spend hours writing the worlds most convincing case and it would all fall down around the osie death. I'm with you I cant see a world where pythag is scum. So yes by Ppe it must be you.

Ps if it is scum pythag the scum team deserve it.

Actually hold that thought I want to ask giraffe a question.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wam had a big write up considering town!wam doesn’t know he’d be alive lol.

I don’t believe that scum!kary absolutely tries to bury synch like that, and then turns around and does it on fonti. I think it was more than theater, and with fonti boom made a case and kary latched on to it.

I actually wanted to vote wam yesterday, but didn’t get the chance, I was kinda distracted.

Fonti why are you waiting 24 hours?

Wam

Smash Ace
Bruh.

Sabrar said I was town and you are scum. Chaco hard townread me for most of the game. Laser told me Boom was more likely mafia, and he wrong on both of us. Mala said I was town and you are scum. Boom said I was town and you are scum. Frozen said I was town and you are scum.

Syn said I was mafia, that's true, but they were suspicious of you too.

I've had a terrible ****ing game, I won't deny that, and I was paranoid and crappy to all the wrong people. But you don't get to claim that every dead town said I was scum. Frozen, Boom and Mala all found me in the end.
I put the last statements in there and yes i tried to be clear where dead town found me scum.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I could spend hours writing the worlds most convincing case and it would all fall down around the osie death. I'm with you I cant see a world where pythag is scum. So yes by Ppe it must be you.

Ps if it is scum pythag the scum team deserve it.

Actually hold that thought I want to ask giraffe a question.
I agree. It would have been the scum play of a lifetime, and I think I'm willing to lose to it, as much as I'm willing to lose to anything.

fontisian

Smash Champion

I don’t believe that scum!kary absolutely tries to bury synch like that, and then turns around and does it on fonti. I think it was more than theater, and with fonti boom made a case and kary latched on to it.

I actually wanted to vote wam yesterday, but didn’t get the chance, I was kinda distracted.

It feels wrong to vote early in final 3 without giving my suspect time to be towny.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I think the reason I should be clear is that when it mattered, when Osie!slot was being run up by me, Frozen and Pythag, when Kary needed someone else to yeet, he was desperate to yeet me.

Wam

Smash Ace

Come one who would have killed me last night?

fontisian

Smash Champion
I think the reason I should be clear is that when it mattered, when Osie!slot was being run up by me, Frozen and Pythag, when Kary needed someone else to yeet, he was desperate to yeet me.
Objectively, I don't think this beats Pythag's reason, and I expect Wam to come for me, so I will be giving him the hammer.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Come one who would have killed me last night?
I actually also thought Pythag was going to get shot last night. Seemed like the scumteam were just trying to hit clears the last few Nights, and Frozen wasn't fully clear. My guess is Frozen was shot instead because he and I have been backing each other up for the entire game.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually also thought Pythag was going to get shot last night. Seemed like the scumteam were just trying to hit clears the last few Nights, and Frozen wasn't fully clear. My guess is Frozen was shot instead because he and I have been backing each other up for the entire game.
I honestly thought I would be dead too.
I was fully expecting to see fonti and frozen hard body wam.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don’t know if it clears you, but this is true.

However you also tried to get us off of osie, and onto Laser

Reactions: Wam

fontisian

Smash Champion
I honestly thought I would be dead too.
I was fully expecting to see fonti and frozen hard body wam.
Yeah.

I feel like, even if you did shoot your partner just before lylo, and even if you did defend me for no real gain, it doesn't matter, because I'm never going to convince Wam anyway. So. I'll play this Day how you want it to go. If you want me to defend myself, I can do that. If you want me to bury Wam, I can do that to.

Wam

Smash Ace
Yeah.

I feel like, even if you did shoot your partner just before lylo, and even if you did defend me for no real gain, it doesn't matter, because I'm never going to convince Wam anyway. So. I'll play this Day how you want it to go. If you want me to defend myself, I can do that. If you want me to bury Wam, I can do that to.
The weird edge case I thought up for scum pythag doesn't work according to the mod. So yep pythag 100% town. Pythag what do you want from me too?

Wam

Smash Ace
Yeah.

You can try and convince me?

fontisian

Smash Champion
I don’t know if it clears you, but this is true.

However you also tried to get us off of osie, and onto Laser
Yeah, I ****ed up at a critical moment, that is on me.

In my defense, Laser was hella off on both me and Boom, and I expected him to I don't know, be better? That's not really fair when I have also sucked this game.

I wanted to kill Osie at a lot of points, I jumped on the vote early that Day, I pushed against the slot over multiple Days earlier, but let it drop when the replacement happened, because there was no pressure to be gained.

I'd say the bigger **** up was voting Somi over Wam d1, since that would likely won us the game straight up if I had swapped over after Dark Horse voted Somi.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess I don’t need any reason to find Wam scummy, I truthfully wanted to yeet him more than boom. And I’m also willing to give scum!fonti the victory.

I’ll try to find some stuff worth defending, but you can start with the switch to laser.

We KNOW you don’t like bussing, so why wouldn’t scum!fonti try to switch the lynch off of a partner?

Why would you make me “prove my towniness”

fontisian

Smash Champion
You can try and convince me?
Lol.

Can you ever be convinced?

I have been fighting to prove that I'm town and to yeet mafia for Days. If you're town, you know that I refused to push on you when I really should have, and you know that I went after DH a ton. You know that Kary tried to kill me. You know that every time Kary talked to me he was incredibly condescending, and he jumped at the chance to yeet me. What else is there to say?

Wam

Smash Ace
Lol.

I have been fighting to prove that I'm town and to yeet mafia for Days. If you're town, you know that I refused to push on you when I really should have, and you know that I went after DH a ton. You know that Kary tried to kill me. You know that every time Kary talked to me he was incredibly condescending, and he jumped at the chance to yeet me. What else is there to say?
Hey I didnt spend hours isoing you and ff for ni reason. The worst I came up with after all that was slightly scummy versus ff town.

To convince me of pythag you need to explain why osie died in a way that doesn't 100% show town pythag. Then I will look at other points!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol.

This is true, kary did the same thing to fonti that he did to synch, which was completely miss the point. And clog up the thread

fontisian

Smash Champion
I guess I don’t need any reason to find Wam scummy, I truthfully wanted to yeet him more than boom. And I’m also willing to give scum!fonti the victory.

I’ll try to find some stuff worth defending, but you can start with the switch to laser.

We KNOW you don’t like bussing, so why wouldn’t scum!fonti try to switch the lynch off of a partner?

Why would you make me “prove my towniness”
You are correct in that I don't like bussing. That's why I wouldn't have brought up Dark Horse as a good yeet on /Day 1/ when no one else suspected him.

With Laser, I thought he was the lynchpin of the scumteam and that by yeeting him they would completely fall apart. I thought his reads were bunk, I thought you were scummy and pushing on me, and I thought they way he kept pushing for me and then Boom and then being like "oh, I never actually expected them to get yeeted" was super disingenuous. Boom saying he would yeet me over Osie did not help, and helped keep me on Laser, though it didn't play into the original decision.

fontisian

Smash Champion
You are correct in that I don't like bussing. That's why I wouldn't have brought up Dark Horse as a good yeet on /Day 1/ when no one else suspected him.

With Laser, I thought he was the lynchpin of the scumteam and that by yeeting him they would completely fall apart. I thought his reads were bunk, I thought you were scummy and pushing on me, and I thought they way he kept pushing for me and then Boom and then being like "oh, I never actually expected them to get yeeted" was super disingenuous. Boom saying he would yeet me over Osie did not help, and helped keep me on Laser, though it didn't play into the original decision.
It's worth noting that I could have yeeted /you/ that Day, and I pushed the yeet elsewhere, because you felt pure, Pythag, and that's what allowed you to get the kill redirect to get us to this point. Scum!me would have wanted you dead more than Laser, especially with Boom being town, because Laser was tunneled on Boom, while you wanted to kill Osie, and Laser had claimed Vanilla.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Hey I didnt spend hours isoing you and ff for ni reason. The worst I came up with after all that was slightly scummy versus ff town.

To convince me of pythag you need to explain why osie died in a way that doesn't 100% show town pythag. Then I will look at other points!
If Pythag is mafia, he literally just shot Dark Horse so he could claim in clear himself, and then stopped sending out bread. Also, he would have had to have a reason he didn't send bread out n1, since there's no reason for scum!Pythag to send it to Sabrar. It would have been, frankly, a genius move, when Boom and I were starting to trust each other and were likely to kill Dark Horse that Day anyway. But also, like, I feel like most scumteams don't want that kind of thing, they prefer to win with the three of them alive, and they probably would have thought they could get me and Boom to fight again, or get us to yeet you, or something. tl:dr It doesn't seem likely.

Wam

Smash Ace
I have an edge case for you font or more of a question. Would you nk a scummate if you thought they were about to be mod killed?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I legitimately need to have a conversation about why people don’t bus, but that’ll be for afterwards.

All you say checks out to me, though is saying someone is a good lynch really busing?

It's worth noting that I could have yeeted /you/ that Day, and I pushed the yeet elsewhere, because you felt pure, Pythag, and that's what allowed you to get the kill redirect to get us to this point. Scum!me would have wanted you dead more than Laser, especially with Boom being town, because Laser was tunneled on Boom, while you wanted to kill Osie, and Laser had claimed Vanilla.
Yes.

the only scum!fonti argument i see requires a lot of scum theater, and then the switch to laser in order for Kary to push me the next day, which he tried to, but that gained no traction, and fonti wasn’t there for it. (at least I don’t think she was...I’m mobile posting and working out so that’s limited rn)

fontisian

Smash Champion
If Pythag is mafia, he literally just shot Dark Horse so he could claim in clear himself, and then stopped sending out bread. Also, he would have had to have a reason he didn't send bread out n1, since there's no reason for scum!Pythag to send it to Sabrar. It would have been, frankly, a genius move, when Boom and I were starting to trust each other and were likely to kill Dark Horse that Day anyway. But also, like, I feel like most scumteams don't want that kind of thing, they prefer to win with the three of them alive, and they probably would have thought they could get me and Boom to fight again, or get us to yeet you, or something. tl:dr It doesn't seem likely.
I might also just be underestimating them, but I don't think Kary, Pythag and Osie come up with that kind of plan.

And Kary's associations with Dark Horse were horrendous, it's what let us get him, so it doesn't make sense that he would be cool with Dark Horse getting shot.

Top Bottom