• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
These to me suggest you know what you're doing.

This to me reads like amateur hour. These questions seem naive and mostly useless, the vote is somewhere between naked omgus and a pet peeve.

I know the consensus is you get killed D1 regardless of alignment but my takeaway from this is you're acting new, and trying to fit in.
absolute savage bussing if its wam holy **** I love it

Wam

Smash Ace
Wam Wam hey bro it would be cool if you're town to actually show the **** up and help us work on the final solve dude instead of having mala do all your work for you kthx
Like I have taken a lot if flack this game but complaining because I was asleep is a bit harsh!

I think end of day where boom swung it from dh to laser was telling. I'm set on a town core of mala pythag ff. So if it's not boom its font. But tbh I think its boom 95%.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag why aren't you turbo snowing me via communicating with Kary and DH to pull a stunt like using scum busdriver to "clear" yourself as the endgame ace for a sickly dying giving up team?
I think that scenario gives me way to much credit or skill.

If you need more than I’d say I’d follow your vote even if were on me.

I’m feeling that the scum is boom or wam though.

When I said “dear God is it kary + wam”
I was operating under the idea that boom and fonti were town.

Karys clear of boom that I noted when boom first dropped the fonti case kinda wigged me out, but think about how great it might be as mafia of town makes a really solid case. You can just hop on it and not have to generate your own stuff of finding people scummy. Imagine Kary’s frustration that boom didn’t continue to find fonti scummy, and backed off of the case.

If fonti was scum kary wouldnt have been clamoring to continue the charge. All that scum theater and argument for a bus? I don’t see that happening.

If boom was scum, why make a solid case on a townie and then drop it? Instead of turning screws when boom had the opportunity he backs OFF of fonti when he has me, kary and I think laser all on board for his case. Is that all super elaborate scum theater?

The thing I don’t get then is why town!boom threatens to kill me if I don’t jump on laser guy instead of staying on osie.

I think scum!wam definitely doesn’t want to be in consideration for voting, which is why he’s desperate to say it’s boom/fonti.

If he’s trying to still use booms momentum from the fonti case, it’s just not there. Where boom is resigned (oddly) to being one of the two lynches, wam isn’t having any of it.

Boom doesn’t want to die, but then tells frozen low self preservation is townie of ME.

I’m in the boom/wam boat right now though, and actually leaning wam

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 5.1

Boomfrog (2): Malakandra, Wam
Wam (1): Boomfrog

Not Voting (3): Fontisian, FrozenFlame, Pythag

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Let's try this. It's worth a shot:

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun If player A has a power that only works on the living and usually gives a result (like neighborizer) and targeted player B but was redirected to C and C died. Would you inform player A that their power failed?
This could be a reason a player would receive the message that their action was unable to be completed.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
boom you understand there is literally nothing you can say to convince me that you don't look awful for your conduct on that laser wagon right?

I get it its fine like you could be town and wrong but yeah you look awful at EoD 3

I appreciate your thoughts on pythag just doing my due diligence
Sure. Fine. But don't give me more **** just for being more proactive. Wam was also against the DH yeet and wanted Fonti.

what did this mean
In dark tower a member of the scum team got RVSed by two townies. His two scum mates joined the RVS in order to lightly distance. So my fourth vote on Mala fit that pattern.

wait wtf have we not asked mala to claim who he protected?!

Malakandra Malakandra claim protect target before you die thats essentially a free clear
As Mala said, if he was directly shot then that doesn't clear his target.

The thing I don’t get then is why town!boom threatens to kill me if I don’t jump on laser guy instead of staying on osie.
I thought either you or Fonti was scum. And since you both wanted Osie that meant Osie was town. A yeet I had to coerce people into was more under my control aka less under scums control.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought either you or Fonti was scum. And since you both wanted Osie that meant Osie was town. A yeet I had to coerce people into was more under my control aka less under scums control.
But you weren’t following Kary? Who was on fonti?

And Fonti was on osie for like a minute until she switched to laser guy, saying “we all think he’s scum”

So we are both on osie and laser guy, but osie is the one who’s town?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like I have taken a lot if flack this game but complaining because I was asleep is a bit harsh!

I think end of day where boom swung it from dh to laser was telling. I'm set on a town core of mala pythag ff. So if it's not boom its font. But tbh I think its boom 95%.
sorry, post wasn't mean like "GET IN HERE NOW" or anything, I was just telling you that you needed to start posting in thread again at somepoint this phase instead of just chatting with Mala in the neighborhood and having him report back to us what you were saying. It really rubbed me the wrong way that you had the time and energy to shoot the **** with mala in the neighborhood when you could have just as easily been shooting the **** with all of us here in the thread. Seemed like aversive behavior

I think that scenario gives me way to much credit or skill.
this is not a good answer. What is stopping Kary/DH from setting the plan up and just leaving you with instructions for how to use whatever scum power you might have to accomplish the ruse? I don't think a play like this actually takes much "skill" at all. It's just an all in turbo bus strategy that relies on scum either NKing their own target to make it look like a busdrive to set up your fake claim, or you could actually be a scum busdriver and planned with your mates to set yourself to actually busdrive in an incredibly protown way in attempt to "clear" you so you get free pass to final 3 and hopefully the W

So again, I know you're probably town and this is an annoying question because it would be counterfactual from your POV, but give me anything you can to rebut this

fwiw the rest of your post is fantastic and I'm not trying to be annoying with this, again just doing due diligence

It was in my first post, I protected Pythag last night. Again, im not told which one of us was targeted, but I think Pythag is just clear anyway.
my bad, thanks for restating

I agree that it's not a guaranteed clear but it makes your target look slightly better because theres a 50/50 chance the kill was your target

Sure. Fine. But don't give me more **** just for being more proactive. Wam was also against the DH yeet and wanted Fonti.

In dark tower a member of the scum team got RVSed by two townies. His two scum mates joined the RVS in order to lightly distance. So my fourth vote on Mala fit that pattern.

As Mala said, if he was directly shot then that doesn't clear his target.

promise I won't give you anymore ****, gonna roll the snark way back and chill for the rest of this day phase. appreciate these contributions

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
No one has died during the night.

It is now Day 5. Day 5 ends on Monday the 5th at 5 PM CST. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to reach majority.

fontisian fontisian @#HBC | Frozen Flame Pythag Pythag BoomFrog BoomFrog Malakandra Malakandra Wam Wam
Malakandra Malakandra if I'm doing the math right I think you will flip at approx 6 PM mountain time tomorrow, that gives you just under 36 hours with us. Try to make good use of that time, I want everything you can give us

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm still working on my Kary ISO, he has wayyyyyy more to go thru than DH did. I'm about 1/3 done, hoping to be able to finish by late saturday. Just gonna be chilling at this point and re-reading unless I get pinged until mala flips and we'll go from there

Malakandra

Smash Lord
sorry, post wasn't mean like "GET IN HERE NOW" or anything, I was just telling you that you needed to start posting in thread again at somepoint this phase instead of just chatting with Mala in the neighborhood and having him report back to us what you were saying. It really rubbed me the wrong way that you had the time and energy to shoot the ** with mala in the neighborhood when you could have just as easily been shooting the ** with all of us here in the thread. Seemed like aversive behavior
To be fair to Wam he wasn't posting that much in there, we just hit it off in the beginning and he was gone till he posted again. I will say I made a very long post letting him know that if he was scum he should tell me and I would take his secret to my grave and he still told me he was town. That was recent.

As for activity, I wish I could have an extra day because friday is quite a busy day for me over all. I think I've put most of my thoughts down, and if I'm wrong on Boom then my reads are worth **** anyway. I'll work on digging through things.

fontisian

Smash Champion
To be fair to Wam he wasn't posting that much in there, we just hit it off in the beginning and he was gone till he posted again. I will say I made a very long post letting him know that if he was scum he should tell me and I would take his secret to my grave and he still told me he was town. That was recent.

As for activity, I wish I could have an extra day because friday is quite a busy day for me over all. I think I've put most of my thoughts down, and if I'm wrong on Boom then my reads are worth **** anyway. I'll work on digging through things.
Lmao, Mala, I appreciate you trying that.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I also think Boom is being honest about it being a pride thing. He knows he's screwed via PoE, unless he has some hidden ability. But he probably feels like he was going to win this game if people hadn't had to drop out and the like, and he wants tp prove it by getting us to Yeet Wam because if there was a full scum team or the like he would have just won.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not sure if it's ok to use this, but I think Kary replacing out is the reason we /know/ Pythag is town.
I don’t understand, how does/would that work?

@FF I hear ya, I know that’s not an answer you would accept, that was just immediately on my mind.

All I got is the bread.
Boom got sent bread.
If boom received bread that means it needs a source : me.

We know also that wam is claiming he targeted mala, but his action failed.

So his target got bus driven. (Or he’s lying)

So the bus driver is real and the baker is real.

You must then be making the argument that I’m a scum joat, who utilized a bus drive instead of just killing someone and saying it was bus driven? That doesn’t make sense to me.

Plus, something I found interesting were the two times I called kary out (softly I know) kary completely ignored it. That’s all I got off the top of my head right now

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, frozen also, look at how even toDay Kary was trying to get me lynched, with regard to me being on the laser wagon.

Idk it that means anything tho

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
But you weren’t following Kary? Who was on fonti?

And Fonti was on osie for like a minute until she switched to laser guy, saying “we all think he’s scum”

So we are both on osie and laser guy, but osie is the one who’s town?
Walk with me down the twisty mental alleyways of BoomFrog's factual universes.

I was on Kary = town still. Fark + Fonti as mates didn't make sense and scum!Kary and town!fonti would mean both Fonti and I both missread Kary so that seemed unlikely. So I had no reason to avoid the yeet Kary was pushing. On the other hand, I didn't have a lot of respect for Kary's reads either since I thought his reads were shallow. Basically in the dumb or scum for Kary, I'd decided on dumb.

Fonti was pushing Osie more then that. She had literally jumped at the idea of an Osie yeet mid day when Frozen proposed it. I also didn't like that she was like "huge percentage pythag is scum, but pythag keep talking to me" then you made a big post and fonti is like "pythag is town lets move to Osie." That really felt like a Fonti+pythag team maneuver and I didn't want to follow it.

I guess the key is, Fonti suggested Osie, I'm the one who suggested LaserGuy. And I had to force you onto laserguy. That felt better, like maybe the team was you+laser+Someone.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I also think Boom is being honest about it being a pride thing. He knows he's screwed via PoE, unless he has some hidden ability. But he probably feels like he was going to win this game if people hadn't had to drop out and the like, and he wants tp prove it by getting us to Yeet Wam because if there was a full scum team or the like he would have just won.
Oh totally. I'd be arguing this as town or scum.

Oh, frozen also, look at how even toDay Kary was trying to get me lynched, with regard to me being on the laser wagon.
Also this. I got the feeling Kary was trying to sling some suspicion on pythag before pythag claimed.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom if we yeet wam and he flips town, where would do you look next?
I mean it would have to be Fonti, which would be absolutely wild. But there's no way it's Frozen or you. If Fonti is scum this game she's poisoned the well on this forum and games will be very toxic for her from now on. I would be flabbergasted.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
this is not a good answer. What is stopping Kary/DH from setting the plan up and just leaving you with instructions for how to use whatever scum power you might have to accomplish the ruse? I don't think a play like this actually takes much "skill" at all. It's just an all in turbo bus strategy that relies on scum either NKing their own target to make it look like a busdrive to set up your fake claim, or you could actually be a scum busdriver and planned with your mates to set yourself to actually busdrive in an incredibly protown way in attempt to "clear" you so you get free pass to final 3 and hopefully the W
See I get what you are doing with this and I respect checking into all angles, but scum was set going into that. They had role blocked Wam, setting him up for an easy yeet, so there would be no reason to risk it all like this by suiciding two of their number. It makes 0 sense. We are only in this game because of Pythag.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
See I get what you are doing with this and I respect checking into all angles, but scum was set going into that. They had role blocked Wam, setting him up for an easy yeet, so there would be no reason to risk it all like this by suiciding two of their number. It makes 0 sense. We are only in this game because of Pythag.
The evidence that wam was RBed is very weak. Bayes would be disappointed in you. Wam would have probably gotten that same message regardless of a RB.

This could be a reason a player would receive the message that their action was unable to be completed.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Lool, we know it's not Pythag because of the timing of the Kary replace out. It came after DH died and Frozen started burying Kary, right? Kary probably felt demoralized and gave up, because he was winning for so long and then hit with two quick wins from town. But if Pythag is scum, then the DH death would have been part of the plan, not something that demotivated, and Kary probably would have been ready to fight of Frozen, and Pythag would have been in a position to help him. Make sense?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The evidence that wam was RBed is very weak. Bayes would be disappointed in you. Wam would have probably gotten that same message regardless of a RB.
I just don't see the motive to not roleblock there. I wasn't roleblocked (I targeted Kary that night, bad record I know) Pythag wasn't roleblocked, so they held onto it, or used it on scummate Wam who actually has a nieghborizer for what? The possibility that he would be in that position later while throwing heavy shade on him in a time where they would just have had to misyeet someone else besides him to win. If Dark horse was the roleblocker I could potentially see it, since Osie was under a lot of sus. But Kary was pretty scott free and in a hypothetical Scum team of Wam -DH - Kary the least likely to flip.

I think you've over played yourself with the EoD onto Laser guy. You and Kary tried to set it up so Fonti would trust you, as mentioned with you complaining about her not taking into account that bonding time. I'm sorry if your not scum, I'd feel bad, but I think you are the surest way to victory at this time.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I just don't see the motive to not roleblock there. I wasn't roleblocked (I targeted Kary that night, bad record I know) Pythag wasn't roleblocked, so they held onto it, or used it on scummate Wam who actually has a nieghborizer for what? The possibility that he would be in that position later while throwing heavy shade on him in a time where they would just have had to misyeet someone else besides him to win. If Dark horse was the roleblocker I could potentially see it, since Osie was under a lot of sus. But Kary was pretty scott free and in a hypothetical Scum team of Wam -DH - Kary the least likely to flip.

I think you've over played yourself with the EoD onto Laser guy. You and Kary tried to set it up so Fonti would trust you, as mentioned with you complaining about her not taking into account that bonding time. I'm sorry if your not scum, I'd feel bad, but I think you are the surest way to victory at this time.
I might have been roleblocked.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I might have been roleblocked.
Doesn't make sense because you said only Day 2 and 3. Granted scum team could have thought you were lying, but theres more motivation to block Pythag or Wam than you anyway, since they both claimed to try to target me with confirmable abilities, where as if you lied and planted a word and someone said it we would have voted you off.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I just don't see the motive to not roleblock there. I wasn't roleblocked (I targeted Kary that night, bad record I know) Pythag wasn't roleblocked, so they held onto it, or used it on scummate Wam who actually has a nieghborizer for what?
They probably just RBed you assuming it would prevent your tough so you'd directly die. And the RB got busdriven away with everything else.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
You are suffering recency bias, focusing too much on recent evidence from EoD3. But, don't sweat it if you don't have time to dig in. 48 hours is a really short time window. Don't feel bad, it's the nature of the game. But for the record, you got to a conclusion based on evidence that you now know is wrong (we don't knowif wam was RBed or not), but you are sticking to that conclusion due to confirmation bias.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
They probably just RBed you assuming it would prevent your tough so you'd directly die. And the RB got busdriven away with everything else.
to be fair to you I didn't think of this possibility because I thought of it as a passive and thus something un able to be roleblocked. This could be a valid explanation. I feel like they would have asked to check if it worked like that first though.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
You are suffering recency bias, focusing too much on recent evidence from EoD3. But, don't sweat it if you don't have time to dig in. 48 hours is a really short time window. Don't feel bad, it's the nature of the game. But for the record, you got to a conclusion based on evidence that you now know is wrong (we don't knowif wam was RBed or not), but you are sticking to that conclusion due to confirmation bias.
I also still think all the stuff from these cool posts holds up. And its more than I've seen from you. though admittedly I haven't had the time to ISO you in depth. I was hoping for a fast night last night, but I think I put my request in to late because it totally slipped my mind.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just off SoD1, Frozen and Mala look townie, Boom and Pythag look questionable. The person originally playing my slot was meh. Everyone else could still go either way for me.
Quiet awoo
this is a funny little interaction

Booms right that if fonti is scum she's never going to get easy town reads on her ever again lmao

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I also still think all the stuff from these cool posts holds up. And its more than I've seen from you. though admittedly I haven't had the time to ISO you in depth. I was hoping for a fast night last night, but I think I put my request in to late because it totally slipped my mind.
At least you tried. Thank you for that.

fontisian

Smash Champion
this is a funny little interaction

Booms right that if fonti is scum she's never going to get easy town reads on her ever again lmao
Oh my god, I forgot about that! At the time I thought Osie was making up a Pythag scumread because they were both scum and getting linked together, but it was actually probably him doing that with Boom. Accidentally being right is the best kind of being right.

Top Bottom