• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, if you think both Boom and fonti are town, do you think it's just a coincidence they ended up yeeting the one player who called them both scum?
This only goes so far.
I thought there was a good possibility that laser was scum too, hence why I was ok switching.

Other people had wanted to yeet laser throughout the game too. ¯\(ツ)

I’m allowed to be wrong but I can’t extend that to fonti or boom?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You could have just turned around and said "no, yeeting osie is better than "LaserGuy"

This only goes so far.
I thought there was a good possibility that laser was scum too, hence why I was ok switching.
Since WHEN?
Exhibit A:
Town :
FF
Fonti
LaserGuy
Mala

Wildcard : Kary

scum energy :
Boomfog
BabyHuey
Wam
Exhibit B:
This post rockets Laser into town territory for me.

Other people had wanted to yeet laser throughout the game too. ¯\(ツ)

I’m allowed to be wrong but I can’t extend that to fonti or boom?
This is literally shrugging off responsibility. I called out your votes on Day 3 for being too easily persuaded and then this happens.

And this last line is baloney, but I'll come back to that.

Wam

Smash Ace
Wam Wam what do you think the odds of Boom + fonti scumteam are now?
90% plus at least one is. 75% both are.

From my perspective pythag and mala are 99% con town. That leaves boom, font, you and ff.

I dont think your scum. I dont think ff is so that leaves boom font.

Ff I cant see running with the lynch a lurker plan yesterday if osie is their partner.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Just catching up I got your action was unable to be completed. Which aligns with targeting mala and mala being bus driven with osie. Interestingly it also backs it up as in the two nights I hit the night kill I didnt get any message.
Really? So you got a message it was unable to be completed tonight, but did not get a message the other two nights? Yet if we believe your earlier story, you had to have been targeting Sabrar and Chaco those nights, so logically the result should have been the same.

Wam

Smash Ace
Really? So you got a message it was unable to be completed tonight, but did not get a message the other two nights? Yet if we believe your earlier story, you had to have been targeting Sabrar and Chaco those nights, so logically the result should have been the same.
I agree but that's not what happened. I view it as proof of the bus driving.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
No, I used it on Sabrar night 1
He’s town, if you wanted to know
I knew there had to be another shoe.

It seems you really did do a sick kick flip off of scums face and single handedly won us the game. So, if you are town, nice job!

I'm still trying to figure out how scum pythag might have faked this. But unless someone else is holding another piece of the puzzle, I got nothing.

Wam

Smash Ace
I knew there had to be another shoe.

It seems you really did do a sick kick flip off of scums face and single handedly won us the game. So, if you are town, nice job!

I'm still trying to figure out how scum pythag might have faked this. But unless someone else is holding another piece of the puzzle, I got nothing.
Who's osies buddies if pythag is telling the truth?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I agree but that's not what happened. I view it as proof of the bus driving.
Why do you think a redirection would give you a different result? I would think if you got your action failed it would be more proof of a roleblock. Have you asked the mod about your result?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Who's osies buddies if pythag is telling the truth?
My top theory is Fonti-Frozen and they decided to bus Osie since Fonti was on the chopping block. But A) Fonti is way too excited to put herself on the yeet list today and B) Fonti tried to push off pythag into Osie EoD3 which is a bit extreme for a bus.

So basically, nothing makes sense. I need to check my assumptions somewhere.

Wam

Smash Ace
My top theory is Fonti-Frozen and they decided to bus Osie since Fonti was on the chopping block. But A) Fonti is way too excited to put herself on the yeet list today and B) Fonti tried to push off pythag into Osie EoD3 which is a bit extreme for a bus.

So basically, nothing makes sense. I need to check my assumptions somewhere.
From my perspective 1 makes sense scum boom :)

fontisian

Smash Champion
Man.

It's fine, we just need to two clears instead of one. Back to rereading, etc.

Or I can try to self clear and get one other, humm.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Or I can try to self clear and get one other
I don't think you can self clear. Our expectations of you are too high. I'll see if I can clear you later, but for now I need to get back to RL work. It's still hard for me to trust Frozen without a town flip from you. If you two are scum and I miss-clear you I'm going to feel like an eternal rube. Let's talk about them red flags at EoD3. Admittedly, some of these are more yellow then red now since pythag is town and Osie is scum.

Why were you reluctant to signal Frozen to move to Pythag?

Why when you decided to get off pythag did you not ping Frozen to cancel the signal?

Why did you spend so much effort to move Kary's vote instead of just focusing on getting the solve? If you locked in an accurate solve you could have left us with a solid guide to victory at LYLO if you flipped town. Trying to convince Kary was high effort for low expected reward if you are town. But high reward if you are scum.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, if it's multi-ball it's still 3 scum out of 7. Or there's a townie who just pwned scum by hiding their power in the mass-claim. But I'm guessing the first one. Maybe even/odd night kills?
What multi-ball setups have been done on this site before? Were they announced in advance, or were they ever fully closed setups?
this is a decent theory but I think unlikely. There have definitely been multiball games of this size with even/odd night kills before, and there have also been setups like fire and ice where if the scum kills target the same person they cancel out, **** like that. However, given the info from the flip I think we probably are just in normal town vs. scum, 10v3 setup, and pythag is telling the truth

I'm a little skeeved out by pythag not just immediately claiming his cop result but maybe he was hoping that someone else would show some fear of a possible unrevealed guilty result and would give themselves and/or their partner away but eh, at the end of the day I think his busdriver claim is too compelling to disbelieve. I don't see any reasonable explanation for scum NKing one of their own and multiball seems very unlikely at this point

Is frozens response of showing up late..is that him trying to appear town?
my post I made at the end of the day was literally me scrambling to try to take a look at the thread before deadline and contribute something in the little time I had. I had two cases that were set for potential hearing starting at 1:30 PM that day, one of them ended up not going because the defendant waived the hearing, the other did. and it took ****ING FOREVER because the defense attorney was a smarmy whiny asshole and decided to cross examine my witnesses on irrelevant **** for ungodly amounts of time. The hearing started at 1:30 mountain time and ended at approx 4:30 PM. I was trying to check the thread in between calling witnesses because it takes awhile for witnesses to log in/log out from the video conference software and when I saw the chaos and everyone switching to laser I was just panicking. I looked at the countdown and saw it said like 2 minutes (which I now realize was actually the countdown saying 2 minutes HAD PASSED since the deadline, did not see that due to my rushing/multitasking and I wanted to make sure yall knew I didn't just ****ing bail on EoD, I just got ****ed over by my court schedule

I had a third party survivor fakeclaim queued, lol
what the ****? if you're town, how would this in any way have been helpful to us?

I think at this juncture pythag and mala look mega town, I still want to believe fonti is town but was just misguided and panicked at EoD. Absolutely hate boom pushing the laser flashyeet and would have no problem with him being a play. Kary and wam can go too. honestly everyone who resisted the DH wagon can ****ing go yall so ****in grime

gonna try to re-read all of DH's **** today to look for hints about possible mates, but yeah def agreed with fonti that unless scum have something crazy up their sleeve, if pythag and mala are legit as they appear to be this game should just be a casual PoE stroll to the finish line for us

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
fontisian fontisian

at this point you need to be 100% transparent about your claim and all of its limitations/restrictions if you're town. You need to explain exactly how it works/worked, especially re: Were you required to choose a word? Are there in fact limits on your power in terms of what days it works on (e.g. stops working after D3?) Were you able to choose a word last night and if so did you? I'm done with all the confusion surrounding your claim at this point its getting ****ing exhausting

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
boom continuing to consider me/fonti feels asinine to me but he could just be sufficiently paranoid so I'm not gonna get pissed about it at this point, atleast he has his order of operations right because I'm ****ing obvtown which doesn't rule out fonti snowing me but atleast people are done with this flip frozen first to solve fonti crock of absolute horse****

I've been dogging DH ****ING FOREVER, I literally never bus my partners like that like being the lone champion of a mates lynch for and entire day phase at a crucial juncture is turbo bussing that I simply do not have the confidence to pull off. literally EVERYONE would have been content to ignore that slot for yet another phase had I not said anything and yall STILL hijacked that wagon from me at the last minute. any assertion that it was a long form bus on DH is either scum trying to take away the town credit I ****ing deserve or is utterly ignorant of how badly my scum play in midnight and vanilla mafia contradicts me pulling some crazy bus gambit like this

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
is top question legitimately a question re: # town and slum slots in the setup?

only reason I don't think the second question is suss is because it involves a half xivii slot making a claim lmao

the fact that DH asks this followup question and not Kary made me do a double take. when literally thought it was DH who told pythag to pick a wagon and then followed up with the why. interesting confluence in interest between these two slots on pythag's rationale, if one of these slots flips scum this is an interesting connection to look at
hey guys wanna just yeet kary so I can see if this post was actually over 9000 IQ and I can laugh at all yall assholes who told me I was an idiot for picking up on this possible connection?

Vote: Kary

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame I agree your an unlikely buddy. Who's your osie partners?
I'm also going to demand that everyone cease and desist calling that slot anything other than DH's slot because we all know that Heury and Osie didnt do ****ing ****

no offense to them and I don't blame them for lacking the motivation to rehabilitate a lurker scum slot but please, osie and Heury had approx 0% meaningful contributions in that slot

right now I think kary/wam but considering boom over wam, currently ISOing DH to figure it out

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Btw, Malakandra Malakandra and Pythag Pythag don't further reveal who you trust and don't trust. Don't let scum know when it's the right time to bus.
What? What do I do then?

hey guys wanna just yeet kary so I can see if this post was actually over 9000 IQ and I can laugh at all yall assholes who told me I was an idiot for picking up on this possible connection?

Vote: Kary
lol, I'd feel bad thats for sure.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man what is this response.

If anything your question is worse now that you say you don't have strong opinions on malak/boomfrog. You thought it was just an rvs wagon but you were still trying to get wam to scumread people on the wagon?

And for all of this talk you're still not answering my question or really giving any feed back on a lot of the state of the game. I'll ask you a third and final time.
DH goin after Gorf/fonti hard here I think this looks good for town!fonti

Top Bottom