• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Wam

Smash Ace
I want to know why you felt that the somi waggon was suspicious, when from your perspective, both waggons were on town?
I didnt say suspicious I said wierd. Exactly because as you said it was tvt so why would people swing at the last minute.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Pythag Pythag I'd like to immediate opinion of Fontisian and Me, alignment wise. It's D3 and both of us have had plenty of content, so no wishy washy answers.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Same question but in a less patronizing tone. How does the flip change your reads?

fontisian

Smash Champion
fontisian fontisian I spent literally 48 hours equal parts fantasising about how I would rain fiery judgment down on you and being sure I would get NEed. And then with this I am disarmed:

Do you mean "I am feeling fragile and can't deal with this" or do you mean "I'm so shocked by this result, I'm having terrible processing it"?
The former, though not exactly that. I got over the surprise of the flip really quickly, I think because a part of me already knew they'd be flipping town. I don't really like the term "fragile" applying to me. I think I'm mostly feeling guilt over not getting my intentions across and managing that guilt by dipping into anger (why the **** did they have to play mindgames instead of working with me, why the **** did they just assume they knew what I was trying to do, etc).

Um. I'm trying not to think about this any more. I'll talk about it if it's necessary for people to read me, but I'm trying to distance myself from the emotional aspects so I can solve.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I literally just answered this in #1798.

I feel like it's really stupid that you didn't shoot me if you're scum with fonti, but then again maybe that's exactly why.

Why do you care about myself and Pythag in particular?
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Can you be more specific about the "people sitting on their hands"?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
You two, Fonti and wam are the ones with, imo, the most fakeable as scum reasons to vote for Sync. Wam has already promised a more detailed post. Your post was short and uninformative with no promise of follow-up.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag I'd like to immediate opinion of Fontisian and Me, alignment wise. It's D3 and both of us have had plenty of content, so no wishy washy answers.
Boom - town. I've found your questions to be much more of the 'building' sort. Helping to clarify, even helping me clarify some stuff. You also didn't vote for Synch, so that's in your favor.

Fonti - scum. I said personally before that I didn't get why everyone was townreading her, with the flip, but all that she has given today has been AtE which I don't buy.

BoomFrog BoomFrog what are your thoughts on Mala's 'sorry boom' hammer?

Wam

Smash Ace
I have had the below written for a while was hoping to get Malala responses but will go for it anyway. So that I can do responses tongiht rather than at work tomorrow.

Right thoughts time. I have two completely different set of thoughts on the game.

1) Summary

Scum team is Font, Malak plus 1 other.

Background

Font - I had suspicions day 1 of Gorf, both of sync heads called font scum and I agree with their logic and it matches my read.

Malak - The posting at end of the day was very telling. The wagon on sync was wavering and the conter wagon on font was starting at the last possible second. I was debating switching then Malak hammered sync with 6 minutes left. I have seen wagons shift faster at EOD. It definitely came across as shutting off discussion around fonti.

yah, which is why I don't think it would happen, though it would be kinda hype @scumteam.

I just kinda don't want Fonti to yell at me for letting you get away as well.
Malak can you elaborating on this post. When did fonti yell at you before?

Also and there is a lot of wine here but fonti=scum makes the most sense of a chaco NK. Chaco was bottom of bessies reads list. By NK chaco you throw doubt over all of bessie's reads. I was expecting chaco to come under a lot of pressure today due to pushing Syncs lynch so its an interesting NK choice.

2) I have games like this before where town tears itself apart and scum just sit in the background laughing.

I which case i would look at players who haven't committed themselves to big pushes. Probably somewhere in they pythag, boom, flame, kary group.

Wam

Smash Ace
How often do you find you asked something but then forget where you were going with it?
Not really sure how to answer this. You never looked back on something and gone why the hell did I do it that way?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Wam and Pythag look worse imo, but I still feel like the waggon was more pure than the people sitting on their hands.
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Can you be more specific about the "people sitting on their hands"?
People not on the waggon. Maybe I'm just bad but I had good vibes on the waggon and didn't feel like there was much opportunism there.

Wam

Smash Ace
I mean sometimes I forget THAT I did something, but I can't recall ever forgetting WHY I did something.
To be clearer. I looked at it and went well that doesn't make sense dont know why I thought it did. Basc8ally was holding them to a standard my brain had invented

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I guess I just need you to be more explicit so scum!you has less wiggle room. Are Fonti and I still your bottom two?
Yes.
You two, Fonti and wam are the ones with, imo, the most fakeable as scum reasons to vote for Sync. Wam has already promised a more detailed post. Your post was short and uninformative with no promise of follow-up.
So your two scumreads from yesterday, Frozen and Mala, are the votes you like the most on the waggon? What do you like about their votes?

Reactions: Wam

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I have had the below written for a while was hoping to get Malala responses but will go for it anyway. So that I can do responses tongiht rather than at work tomorrow.
Can you link me to the question? I must be missing it.
Malak - The posting at end of the day was very telling. The wagon on sync was wavering and the conter wagon on font was starting at the last possible second. I was debating switching then Malak hammered sync with 6 minutes left. I have seen wagons shift faster at EOD. It definitely came across as shutting off discussion around fonti.
I'm glad my EoD posting was very telling. I think I did a very poor job at handling EoD yesterday, my thoughts were not very clear. I didn't want to shut down discussion about Fonti, however I'll admit that is something I did. I hammered because I had to go to class at that time, and I knew if I didn't hammer a Fonti wagon might last second pick up and overtake Synchro, if that vote was on Wam I would also have hammered then, because as I said, I was going to hammer if I saw someone vote. I was not going to let any funny business stop the Synchro hammer, because I was very sure they were scum.

Malak can you elaborating on this post. When did fonti yell at you before?

Also and there is a lot of wine here but fonti=scum makes the most sense of a chaco NK. Chaco was bottom of bessies reads list. By NK chaco you throw doubt over all of bessie's reads. I was expecting chaco to come under a lot of pressure today due to pushing Syncs lynch so its an interesting NK choice.
As well in that post is saying its another reason I'm going to hammer. Because Fonti was definitely going to yell at me if I didn't, and I'd rather not get yelled at from either alignment.

I agree that Fonti scum here is likely due to process of elimination, I also think its likely you are scum with her. You placed one of the scummiest votes on Synchro to me, and this post is mainly going in on me instead of Fonti. I also don't believe for a second you were considering switching over to Fonti.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I which case i would look at players who haven't committed themselves to big pushes. Probably somewhere in they pythag, boom, flame, kary group.
What big pushes do think Fonti has committed themselves too that bigger than the ones here? Kary was pushing pretty hard on Xivii, Flame has been on a lot of things, alot more than Fonti.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
It's hard enough to stay positive about this game without hearing **** like this. Please.
Sorry. I'll try to keep the snark to a minimum.

fontisian fontisian I spent literally 48 hours equal parts fantasising about how I would rain fiery judgment down on you and being sure I would get NEed. And then with this I am disarmed:
So much this. fonti comes across as frustratingly genuine.

Unvote

What do you think of the Chaco kill? I don't care for NK analysis usually, but this feels weirdly.... helpful? I mean particularly FMPOV, but I feel like there are other slots that would have been less informative by a fair margin.

You kept saying you don't really think I was going to get yeeted Yesterday, but if scum!Syn had been convincingly towny, I absolutely could have been snap voted at eod and yeeted, with his scummates jumping on board to help. It seems extremely disingenuous for you to believe that I shouldn't have felt threatened at all while simultaneously saying scum!me was threatened by a handful of votes just out of rvs when I replaced in. You describe me as existing in spaces where I am terrified of being yeeted and moving to protect my position, despite objectively having very little pressure, and also under no threat of being yeeted at all, when I am actually under a lot of pressure and stressing out from it.
From the perspective of someone who spent a good portion of that day fighting that yeet and getting zero traction anywhere, I don't really see it this way, but I can see how you might have read the room differently. I'm going to give you your space and not argue with you for now. If there's anything in particular that you feel it would be helpful for me to respond to, please @ me for it.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
What do you think of the Chaco kill? I don't care for NK analysis usually, but this feels weirdly.... helpful? I mean particularly FMPOV, but I feel like there are other slots that would have been less informative by a fair margin.
I think he was pretty widely town read, and I guess combining that with him being the most active it somewhat makes sense. Not the kill I expected, I thought it was going to be you. Maybe because you said it was going to be you.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Final D1
Somitomi(7): Chaco, Fontisian, Synchronicity, FrozenFlame, Dark Horse, Wam, Boomfrog
Wam (5): Sabrar, Pythag, Kary, LaserGuy, Somitomi
FrozenFlame (1): Malakandra,

Final D2
Synchronicity(6): Wam, Frozen Flame, Chaco, Kary, Pythag, Malakandra
Wam (2): HeuryAlone, LaserGuy,
Fontisian(2): Synchronicity, BoomFrog

Not Voting: Fontisian

I guess this is where I stand? I originally just had Wam and Fonti orange, then realized that was incredibly dumb since there has to be more, so I bumped up my requirements.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Do people want to mass claim? D3 with 2 misyeets is about when we should probably be thinking about it. I don't want to derail too much with this given how short the day is... Can everyone just give a quick up/down vote on whether they support a mass claim and we'll see where everyone stands?

VOTE: Mass claim
or
VOTE: No mass claim

I'm going with:
VOTE: Mass Claim

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I had good vibes on the waggon and didn't feel like there was much opportunism there.
So, every player but 3 was on that wagon. Unless you think the scum team is exactly HueyHorse, LaserGuy, me, then there was opportunistic scum on the wagon. And, you should know having town all agree on one thing it's basically impossible, so it seems objectively impossible for that wagon to have been pure.

So your two scumreads from yesterday, Frozen and Mala, are the votes you like the most on the waggon? What do you like about their votes?
I declared frozen likely town after he passed my test and I had more direct interaction with him. However, you're right, his justification to vote Sync didn't leave me with a good impression.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame What's your current read on Fonti and me?

Mala I've been wavering back and forth on for a while, but Mala did put together a huge post justifying their vote. That feels like true townie conviction, not opportunism. I hate to give Mala town credit for tone, but the "I want to hammer" power trip felt real too. I wish DH was here to validate that feeling since he said he had a good tone read on Mala.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
HeuryAlone HeuryAlone Nice to see you made it to smashboards. Can you check in and drop some thoughts? No need to have read everything, just let us know like, what have you read, who feels good and bad so far, what are your plans for catching up, etc.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Vote Massclaim

We might get a clear that I can believe out of it, and since we are at odd numbers I'm not too concerned about outing a doc.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So, every player but 3 was on that wagon. Unless you think the scum team is exactly HueyHorse, LaserGuy, me, then there was opportunistic scum on the wagon. And, you should know having town all agree on one thing it's basically impossible, so it seems objectively impossible for that wagon to have been pure.
I never said that the waggon was 100% pure, I was simply talking about how I felt about it, so what's your point here exactly?

I declared frozen likely town after he passed my test and I had more direct interaction with him. However, you're right, his justification to vote Sync didn't leave me with a good impression.
This is not a good look for you.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want to hear more about what made you think I might be pocketing you.
It’s more that you have a good knowledge of my meta, or my lack of communication. People are typically “attracted” to familiarity, so I was a little hesitant if you were just being open about that as a way of leveraging or something.That’s all there really was to that.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It’s more that you have a good knowledge of my meta, or my lack of communication. People are typically “attracted” to familiarity, so I was a little hesitant if you were just being open about that as a way of leveraging or something.That’s all there really was to that.
Okay, that makes sense...

What made you change your mind about Sync on Day 2? It felt very sudden to me, e.g.
YEAH KARY!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, that makes sense...

What made you change your mind about Sync on Day 2? It felt very sudden to me, e.g.
That was sarcasm like I was on synchs side.
I waffled on synch, but I came to see your side because it really seemed like they were arguing in bad faith / making an argument against a point I didn’t say. That pushed me over to the edge thinking “well, maybe scum is just scum.”

now It would seem I was wrong

Top Bottom