• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things Best Repped as Levels

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Any ideas for things that probably wouldn't be good picks for characters, but would make a sweet level? Or am I the only one who's thought this? Like Pilotwings, for example. I've had three ideas I'd love to see happen (even though they probably won't).

Tetris
Probably a super common one. We have Tetris music in the game, it's disappointing we don't have a level for... isn't it THE top-selling video game of all time? Not even an assist trophy, though. Honestly I really like the gimmick of stages being built and destroyed that they used in Living Room... if only it wasn't a walk-off. Well, here we go. It's really a crime we don't have a Tetris stage in the game.

Giygas
I like villains. Porky is a definite option for playable, but not so much Giygas. However, what a gloriously messed up stage he would make. Some platform or arrangement of platforms (generated maybe?) floating out in the fetus void. I guess the traumatic imagery is probably a point against it, though. And the psychadelic red stage now kind of exists with Mementos. Still... would've been cool, though.

Worms
A Worm would be a weird Smash character. Not undoable, but certainly very, very strange. However, I realized today: the series could make a really cool map. Randomly generated terrain similar to the original games, and if hazards are on, you actually have the little fellas walking around firing grenades and bazookas. Best possible scenario: they slowly destroy the level with their fire and it generates a new one after a while. It's definitely ambitious, but if the series were to be repped in Smash it'd be an awesome way to do it.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Hmm
How about Qbert? Sure they can probably make a creative moveset for the character, but me thinks a stage is more fitting. The playable fighters would be jumping around the tiles while creatures would be jumping around as well. It can be a fun stage and unique stage if done right imo.

Also Tetris isn't the best selling game of all time anymore, Minecraft became that as of last week.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Jumping around the tiles? A Q*Bert stage sounds like it could be cool, but how do you mean, given that it's a 3D environment? Is it a bunch of fall-throughable layers like the Tomodachi stage?

Someone mentioned Minecraft as a stage rather than a character in another thread. I could see it.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Jumping around the tiles? A Q*Bert stage sounds like it could be cool, but how do you mean, given that it's a 3D environment? Is it a bunch of fall-throughable layers like the Tomodachi stage?

Someone mentioned Minecraft as a stage rather than a character in another thread. I could see it.
Yeah it would be like the Tomodachi stage, falling through the layers and moving up and down, that sort of stuff.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also Tetris isn't the best selling game of all time anymore, Minecraft became that as of last week.
Debatable, since Tetris sales could vary between 170 million (Minecraft at 176 mil) and 425 million, depending on what 'Tetris' counts as.

Speaking of Tetris, I'd murder for some sort of Meteos representation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The... League of Legends player?
Meteos was a puzzle game that Sakurai made, actually. Not sure whether that or the League player came first.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Considering that I had to Google what it was and all I got was the LoL player, I wouldn't place my hopes high for Smash.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Considering that I had to Google what it was and all I got was the LoL player, I wouldn't place my hopes high for Smash.
Meteos is already represented in Smash in a rather roundabout way via the explosion of the X Bomb item effectively matching that of the X Bomb block in Meteos. (Note that it is called the Cross Bomb in Japan, which is a separate block in Meteos; the Smash bomb represents both by being able to face either way.) This is completely unlike how it explodes in Kid Icarus Uprising, where it launches out four bouncing orbs rather than shooting out flame.

Sakurai’s Miiverse page with which he revealed the X Bomb item in Smash outright said that the X Bomb in Smash isn’t to be confused with the one in Meteos, which shows that he had that game on his mind when posting about it.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
All the ideas I prefer for levels are a little more arguable than Pilotwings or Tetris.

Like fighting atop Doshin the Giant from the game of the same name, or thinking a Rhythm Heaven Stage would be a better concept than a Rhythm Heaven fighter.

Or Paper Mario. Whilst he wouldn't be awful for a character at all, the idea of fighting on a stage like in the Paper Mario battles appeals to me personally, infinitely more than playing as Paper Mario.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Once upon a time I would have loved Paper Mario as a character, but now? I have no faith that they wouldn't foul it up, especially considering the representation we've gotten from the series in this game. Basically nothing from PM64, one-third of a level and music track for TTYD, which it has to share with all the other garbage from later games that Nintendo absolutely refuses to acknowledge the fans hated. Even Super Paper Mario, a game I disliked but acknowledge is loved by a significant portion of the fanbase, has nothing here. Most of the PM stuff is freakin' Sticker Star. It's a disgrace.

A dedicated PM64 or TTYD stage is the most I feel I could hope for at this point.

Top Bottom