• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things about PM you love/hate the most?

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I love that they've made every character legit in their own way. I couldn't play DK too well in melee, and he's my favorite character, but now he's my main from the buffs they gave him. I also like how they made Wolf a melee character because I really like him, but I didn't like the brawl version of him. They made everyone really good for me at least, and the very few things I didn't like about melee have been fixed up in PM

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
Project M, besides a few scatterings of Brawl and Melee, was the first game of the series I really got into, and I love how it is an attempt to, as Nintendo Enthusiast put it in an article with Kershaw, make a People's Smash. It tries to make every character viable.
In particular though, I really enjoy the Ike side-b Easter egg, Samus' new mechanics with ice beam, Ganondorf's hybrid performance, Lucas' altered moveset in general, King Dedede's improved down-b mechanics, and the list goes on. THIS IS MY FAVORITE GAME!

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Love:
- The diversity of the cast, everyone is somewhat viable
- The PMBR listening to community feedback (LOOKING AT YOU SAKURAI)
- New stages, turbo mode, how it's not brawl

Hate (more of a dislike):
- Wario's recovery
- Everybody elses' recoveries being really good
- 3.0 Wario nerfs (but leave melee characters as they are, because, you know, melee)
- The hype from new updates stresses me out.. a lot

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Love:
- Melee physics
- Character diversity
- Having higher balance than any other smash game
- AGT and item catch with air dodge
- Roy and Mewtwo being in the game
- Variety of competitive stages

Hate (er... dislike*)
- Skeik and Zelda being connected
- Pokemon Stadium 1 being in many PM tournaments (not necessarily PMBR's fault here)
- Things like Mario's D-smash being so safe on shield (though it sounds like shield mechanics are still being worked on, so this is just an issue for now).
- Fox's kill power.
- It might grow on me, but not a fan of tether recoveries atm. Also I loved Melee tethers... I would love if you guys ever got that to work.

I may have a long "hate list," but the hate list is really small complaints that don't bug me much except maybe the Sheik/Zelda being connected. I freaking love PM, so don't get the wrong idea.

Last edited:

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Love:
- Overall character balance. Not perfect, but the best Smash has ever seen.
- Elements communicated intuitively by visual effects (white flash with L-canceling, red/yellow overlay during Bowser's armor frames)
- Generally very professional and well-made.
- A lot of care given to match hitboxes and animations
- Brawl newcomers mostly well-designed and natural-feeling
- Roy and Mewtwo
- RAR is oh-so-nice in a Melee-esque environment. Pivot grabs, too.

Hate:
- Too many similarities to Melee. Doesn't feel "new."
- The overall design philosophy of making things match Melee for no reason other than to match Melee
- Lucario. He's by far the worst-designed character. Aura charges are cool (I'd like to see all characters have them in the form of "EX Specials" or something), but OHC is a garbage mechanic that is a special case that doesn't intuitively fit the natural forms of the game.
- Zelda and Sheik together. Split them and give them full movesets. Making both of them individually viable means that they are going to be far too good together.
- Ice Climbers. I get that they are all about grabs, but it's such poor design. It's all finger dexterity and zero actual gameplay or strategic depth.
- Some characters are too polarizing. That is, they have very few, very powerful options that dictate their play style (Jigglypuff and Rest), and all of their other moves serve to work with those few options. It reduces the potential for diverse playstyles and player expression.
- Samus. Super Metroid came out almost 20 years ago, so let's modernize Samus. She's no longer super floaty and robotic, she's very fast and athletic. I'd like to see her aerial physics matched to Other M and Zero Mission, because the platforming in those games was absolutely sublime and would work so well with a modernized Samus. Two beams are cool, but it's a bit of a special case gimmick. I'd like to see the ice element dropped altogether, and her default fair and upsmash changed to her ice beam varients; they'd just work better with a more nimble Samus. Also, the super wave dash. The technical barrier is stupid, it's a special case, and it's glitchy and unprofessional. Just give her better mobility.

1FD

Smash Ace
- fire and rock transformations on ps1 could be changed to something fun and cool to play on, the house on fire and the right side of rock are pretty sweet, just make the boulder and tree intangible like the windmill or make them into something that doesnt encourage camping
-my favorite properties from doc have been scrapped and hes now only an alt costume
There is a good balanced edited version in a thing called the complete extension pack or project or something. The stage is used in some packs in the costum mod section too! It's much better and pretty cool I played it and everyone I know that has played it likes it!
DOCS DTILT NOOOOoooo

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Love: - Character balance across the board.
- Able to customize the game drastically to a person's liking.
- Having new content for the casual smash players to draw them in while providing faster gameplay for those who care more about the competitive scene.

Dislike: - Fox. Ugh. GTFO Fox. Falco can stay though, pillars are cool :p.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
The only thing i truly love about PM is knowing that every character has a fighting chance if you are good enough.

The only thing i truly hate about PM is that i can't see all the possible jank that could have been official if i were in the BR.
(Seriously though, they should release like P:M directors cut with all the unofficial and planned PSA's as DLC.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
There's nothing that I strongly dislike in this game, but if I had to make a list of things for hate it'd contain Link, Squirtle, and the increased ease of accidental SDs.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Love:
General sense of balance
The creative ways of making every character unique, strong, and fun to play.

Hate:
How 3.0 came out during my first semester finals. You guys couldn't wait a week?
My incredible impatience for version 3.14

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hate:
-Fox U-Smash
-Falco D-air
-Jigglypuff's boring moveset/playstyle and half of her attacks being crap
-Ganondorf's lack of swords/magical projectiles

Somewhat dislike:
-Zelda/Sheik transform
-Absence of some Brawl stages
-Samus's floatiness

Love:
-Faster gameplay
-Superior balance to any other Smash game
-Large cast of characters
-Return of Mewtwo and Roy
-Separation of Pokemon
-Creative moveset additions
-Better costumes
-Everything else

UberMario

Smash Master
Love:
-An actually balanced roster
-Turbo Mode
-Samus' beam switch
-DK roll
-Wario's moveset
-Split Pokemon Trainer pokes
-Alt Costumes

Hate:
-Invincibility on getting up from a non-teched pratfall (I always thought this was utter nonsense in both Melee and Brawl because it ruined perfectly good combos just to make both games easier)
-Fox, Falco and Marth not being based on their PAL counterparts, especially in regards to Fox's Up smash and Falco's ridiculously long down aerial spiking period
-Reintroduction of spiking (as opposed to meteors)
-Roll ledgehogging behavior being closer to it's glitchy Melee counterpart than Brawl's

Find Strange:
-The use of Dracula's Castle instead of a Luigi's Mansion reskin of the same stage design, considering their stance on 3rd party content and that they refuse to "officially" put in Castlevania music tracks there due to said stance on 3rd party content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom