• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament They said no plans for DLC, but what if we are getting Character updates?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I mean Harada is adamantly against paid DLC, but all for continued support of the game. There are 4 obviously empty slots at the least and we know the roster screen can be altered with ease. Free Characters via updates would technically not be DLC, but rather continued support. Just a thought there, the roster seems a little small and TPC is pushing the game full out, the announcement of continued support and more available pokemon's following the announcement of a highly successful launch would help keep this game going for quite a while.

Remedy

Waifu Wars
NNID
MildRemedy
As long as Lopunny gets put into the game someway, somehow, I'm good

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I can't see them leaving the CSS the way it is. I woulda put the Mewtwos on the top row or maybe the middle row if I wasn't planning to add another 4 characters. I could see character updates like how the arcades were getting updates.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
As far as I know, Harada never said he was against DLC, just that he didn't want to talk about it until the base game was finished. It's a situation not unlike Smash 4, where Sakurai wanted to put as much content into its base game as possible, then started talking DLC once that was finished.

Of course, Splatoon-style free updates could also happen. The CSS just looks off in its current state.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
If we were to get DLC, then I think Greninja and a rep each for Bug, Rock, and Normal type would be ideal. Greninja, Scizor, Tyranitar, and Lopunny all seem like popular picks that would please many people.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'd love to see Zoroark as potential DLC. Zoroark was practically the face of Generation Five, and there is only one Dark type on the roster with Weavile. I don't think they'd implement his Illusion ability though. Maybe for his Burst Mode attack he transforms into his opponent or something.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Hitmonchan-
Very quick boxer type like dudley from street fighter, Can probably do fancy stuff with elemental punches. Should have a good combo game.

Burst mode: just make it a really cool punch. Any punch super will work.

Regigigas-
A massive behemoth, that could play similarly to Aganos form Killer Instinct
would be the slowest character in the game and have a large hitbox.
He would have trouble getting in, but could deal good damage.

Burst mode: regigigas finally got its act together

Genesect-
Every fighting game needs a robot.
Should have a variety of ranged attacks like techno blast.

Chesnaught-
Quickly became my favorite starter when X&Y came out and I'll hate to see his evolution family get the short end of the stick when it comes to fighting game.
He the fighting type after all.

Spiky shield might also lead to creative gameplay mechanics.

Last edited:

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
If there ever was DLC, I'd kind of like to see one of the following:
Ambipom (Technique)
Accelgor (Speed)
Lopunny (Standard)
Azumarill (Huge Power Ability?) (Power)

Or at least, both, another Technique and Speed character. The two kind of got outnumbered by the amount of other battle styles.
3 Technique
3 Speed
4 Power
6 Standard

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Hoping for at least 4 extra pokes to fill up that character select screen; specifically hoping for
More Gen 2 and Gen 5 representation
A bipedal water type representation
A Pokémon whose Burst mode is a forme change as opposed to just a Mega Evolution.
Another not-fully-evolved Pokémon the same size as the Pikachus and Braixen

Throwing some ideas out there:
Hitmontop could rep an Eddy Gordo style (his Japanese name is Kapoera)
For the forme change Pokémon they could go with Meloetta (5th gen, smaller, and Normal rep) or Zygarde (10% normally for another quadruped, Burst Mode into 100%)
Bring back Squirtle or Ivysaur - I miss them in Sm4sh lol

foussi

Smash Cadet
NNID
foussi
Hoping for at least 4 extra pokes to fill up that character select screen; specifically hoping for
More Gen 2 and Gen 5 representation
A bipedal water type representation
A Pokémon whose Burst mode is a forme change as opposed to just a Mega Evolution.
Another not-fully-evolved Pokémon the same size as the Pikachus and Braixen

Throwing some ideas out there:
Hitmontop could rep an Eddy Gordo style (his Japanese name is Kapoera)
For the forme change Pokémon they could go with Meloetta (5th gen, smaller, and Normal rep) or Zygarde (10% normally for another quadruped, Burst Mode into 100%)
Bring back Squirtle or Ivysaur - I miss them in Sm4sh lol

Yes i would love meloetta as fighter

#meloettamatters
#meloettarocks
#meloetttaforpokken

I was thinking something like this as well. Except I think before any of this we still need a bug type. So Scizor/Heracross is a shoe-in, or maybe Genesect.
Meloetta or Hoopa would be cool but probably not, there's four psychics as is.
I also have a theory that Zekrom will be playable because only Reshiram is available as a support instead of the duo.
There is also a thought in the back of my head that whatever sort of Pokemon ends up in the April CoroCoro could be a Generation 7 preview fighter. Also the reason why Pokemon Go isn't going to be out for a while.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I totally forgot about Scizor. He'd be most likely for another gen 2 rep to me, even before Hitmontop or Heracross. And a preview gen 7 rep sounds plausible too.

I know it's not gonna happen, but it'd be fun to have Missingno as a support Pokemon - maybe it could temporarily "glitch up" the opponent's screen

Last edited:

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
I know there's Gardevoir already, but a Pokemon fighting game wouldn't be complete to me without gallade.
And let's not forget genesect...a legendary from an underrepresented generation with two underrepresented types...why not?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Say has anyone from the Smash side tried Datamining the game? I'm kinda curious if there's anything in the code

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I know this is highly unlikely, but I would love it if we got oshawott or dewott. The gen needs to be more represented, they would have a cool fighting style, and there would be a bipedal water type. It's a win-win-win!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Ah, but perhaps the most likely character to get in now would be one who was namedropped as having fallen short of the initial cut, yet is still on the minds of the dev team!

...Okay, I admit I'm also biased.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Absol would be pretty cool. Another non bipedal character, and this one has the cool blade thing on his head. But hey, I'm pretty biased toward Absol, too.

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
[QUOTE="ItalianBaptist, post: 21045808, member: 235764"Bring back Squirtle or Ivysaur - I miss them in Sm4sh lol[/QUOTE]
They were last seen in Brawl, not Smash 4.

Last edited:

Spirst

"I miss them in Smash 4" means he misses their absence from said game, not that they were last seen in it.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
If DLC character's would be a thing, I'd love to see Excadrill. As for music, a remix of this would be awesome:

Last edited:

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
What I'd really would like to see are...
1. The ability to save replays
2. Palette customization for the playable Pokemon

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So is Darkrai coming to he console version via update?

And as for potential updates, I'm really holding out for some particular Pokemon:

Toxicroak
Abamasnow
Any one of the Black and White dieties (Landorus trio...preferribly Landorus)
Greninja
Tyranitar
And for S&M

Drampa

Top Bottom