• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"There's a problem with this drive. Scan it now to fix it."

SpyceDogg

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I finally got my hands on a Pre-Owned 2GB SD Card from GameStop and was excited to start playing Project M hackless on my Wii U. However, once I downloaded the mod from the mirror site and put it on the SD Card, it didn't launch PM from the stage builder with all the stages deleted. I then found out that you have to extract the file and then copy the contents of the folder into the SD card to make it work. When I attempted to try this and inserted my SD card back into my PC, a pop-up message informed me that there is a problem with the drive and to do a scan to fix it. I clicked complete scan but it said it couldn't fix it. So I tried to open my SD card again, and I saw that the zipped WinRAR file from my first attempt was still there, so I deleted it. I then took out and put back the SD card, and the same message popped up. I opened my SD card's file, and the zipped file was still there. No matter how much I delete it, the file won't go away once I reinsert the SD card. I also attempted to format the SD card, but it said it was "unable to complete the format" when I tried.
Sorry for the long/convoluted post, but I was really looking forward to playing Project M and now I don't know why it's acting up. Thanks!
Also, I used this guide.

SpyceDogg

Smash Rookie
Id suggest the following:

1:ensure the SD card isnt locked
2: try with a different pc/ sd reader
3: https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/sd-card-wont-format.html
4: don't buy 2nd hand SD cards... im not really sure why someone would sell one to be honest. (you can buy them new and cheap on ebay)
I tried every one of these, but none worked. I went over to my local GameStop and they luckily had one last 2 gig card. That one worked fine and I now have PM running on my Wii U. Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom