• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There Is One They Fear: Dragonborn Shouts Them Down!

Have you played Skyrim?

• Yes

Votes: 90 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Skooma

Votes: 34 22.7%

• Total voters

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
I was talking about in the next elder scrolls. Dragonborn's helmet needs to stay consistent.
Well historically, every Elder Scrolls default protagonist look always changes with every new title. The Nerevarine doesn't look anything like the Hero of Kvatch, who in turn doesn't look anything like the Last Dragonborn. I wouldn't count on the Last Dragonborn physically being in the next Elder Scrolls game minus being mentioned in some minor cameos.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
True, usually the hero of each game disappears through some plot device. Though the one exception is the Hero of Kvatch, since they become Sheogorath and you can meet him during the Mind of Madness quest in Skyrim.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Was talking about TES recently and I remembered this place. I still fully support The Dovahkiin, and with the addition of a new Pass, I'm a lot more confident of their presence.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Dragonborn support seem to be spread across multiple sites, why his Smashboards support is so stiff. We need a legit leak if we want to see more heavy discussion around the character.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Dragonborn support seem to be spread across multiple sites, why his Smashboards support is so stiff. We need a legit leak if we want to see more heavy discussion around the character.
Exactly!
Which other sites have notable support for Dragonborn? He's mentioned by a few people in Papa Geno's Discord but on most sites I see Doomguy everyehere. :drflip:

We do need a legit leak or at least something to get people to seriously consider him. Still, for FP5 Doomguy is currently out of the picture, which means that if we hear any more Bethesda news it could be a huge stride for us!

UserKev

Smash Champion
Exactly!
Which other sites have notable support for Dragonborn? He's mentioned by a few people in Papa Geno's Discord but on most sites I see Doomguy everyehere. :drflip:

We do need a legit leak or at least something to get people to seriously consider him. Still, for FP5 Doomguy is currently out of the picture, which means that if we hear any more Bethesda news it could be a huge stride for us!
Reddit seems to have its own Dragonborn support and Gamefaqs is another potential candidate for Dragonborn supporters. Maybe he's really hidden in plain sight or has a random niche, I read an argument once, stating Dragonborn could suffer from the "Default" character gimmick.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Reddit seems to have its own Dragonborn support and Gamefaqs is another potential candidate for Dragonborn supporters. Maybe he's really hidden in plain sight or has a random niche, I read an argument once, stating Dragonborn could suffer from the "Default" character gimmick.
Still, we have Villager, I don't think that'll be a problem for Dragonborn. Plus he's a knight-esque Western RPG character, something we have yet to see in Smash.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I support Dragonborn's inclusion. Elder Scrolls is a franchise that deserves to be represented in Smash. With how much love JRPGs got in Smash, it would be great if Sakurai throws a bone for those who love WRPGs as well.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Welcome to the club!

Skyrim's getting pretty old by now, but I still have the urge to go back to it over and over - especially now with the new Creation Club stuff. I've been in serious Elder Scrolls withdrawal for ages now, which was not at all helped by Game of Thrones going full dragon in the last few seasons.

And now there's a Dragon event in ESO, so it's so nice to go and fight them again, even if it is on the opposite end of the continent... Man, that brought back the feels though...

On the topic of Smash: I'd love the music/spirits to pull from all of the TES games for this. Imagine an awesome stage with the main Dragonborn theme, the dragon battle themes One They Fear and Watch the Skies (One They Fear 0:14-0:21 for Dovahkiin's victory theme), and the Sovngarde theme, but then add the main themes Nerevar Rising and its reprise from Morrowind and Reign of the Septims from Oblivion. And if you haven't heard it yet, ESO's original main theme For Blood, for Glory, for Honor.

...man, there's some epic music in these games. ESO wasn't even Jeremy Soule for the most part (except for borrowing the main theme), but it's still phenomenal.

In terms of spirits, it's tough since there really aren't official renders for most characters. Still, I'm sure they could make do with concept art or just game shots... but I've been hoping they've had a Morrowind rerelease hiding up their sleeves since ESO brought out the Morrowind chapter. Put it on Switch, and there's your link. Yeah, Morrowind wouldn't have Dovahkiin, but I can see Bethesda putting that specific iron helmet into every game as an easter egg at least considering how iconic it is. Or, you know, an amiibo unlock.

I'm still also all in for a scan-Ridley-and-fight-him-as-a-boss in Skyrim Switch.

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
Vergeben's latest leak.

Welp. Assuming this is accurate, this stinks for Dragonborn and a LOOOOOOOOOOOT of other characters, but at least there's the additional characters after the Fighter Pass

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I never really considered Dovahkiin before the vga stuff when he seemed likely. Then when I did, I thought "wow, that would be disappointing". Then I thought about it, and imagined fus-ro-dahing someone off the stage while that epic song plays, and now he's one of my most wanted. I doubt he'll get in over Doomslayer, but I'm hoping he does.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Hello all.
I like Skyrim. A lot.
Dovahkiin would be cool...
but i would prefer a Fallout character IMO... the Courier or Vault Boy in particular. I'm sorry, but Fallout is one of my favorite franchises EVER. I honestly want it FAR more then an Elder Scrolls character.
Okay, sorry. Just wanted to put that out there.
Dovahkiin would be cool tho

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
In case anyone's playing ESO, they announced that the Game Awards that ESO's next chapter is going to Skyrim. They're having the full reveal tomorrow.

Gotta say, ESO actually is a lot of fun, and it's completely possible to play solo. If anyone's on the fence, I do recommend it.

...now to just hope that the Skyrim reveal on Monday will also have a little extra announcement for Smash...:lol:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's annoying how all the Dovahkiin "insider" talk is happening in the Geno thread. We could really use that here. I follow the Geno thread because he is my most wanted and the people there are cool, but I wish the other character talk went on in the appropriate threads. Anyway, for those of you who don't know, apparently a Bethesda character who's no Doomslayer is likely to be number 5 or 6. It's likely Dovahkiin, but could be Vault Boy too. Here's hoping the insiders are right this time!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
It's annoying how all the Dovahkiin "insider" talk is happening in the Geno thread. We could really use that here. I follow the Geno thread because he is my most wanted and the people there are cool, but I wish the other character talk went on in the appropriate threads. Anyway, for those of you who don't know, apparently a Bethesda character who's no Doomslayer is likely to be number 5 or 6. It's likely Dovahkiin, but could be Vault Boy too. Here's hoping the insiders are right this time!
...uhh... what?

I honestly haven't been following any leaks, so I haven't heard this at all. Every so often, Google News will throw me a 'Next Smash character leaked!' article, but those are just leaker reports of dubious quality so I don't read them. Or YouTube thumbnails. I honestly thought KOS-MOS was coming since she was plastered all over YouTube a few days ago, but then again I kinda expected FP5 to have been announced by now. TBH I was wondering why everyone in the RTC thread was giving pretty high ratings to Dovahkiin last week.

It's great to hear that there are people who think of Dovahkiin as more than just a joke, and I'd love a bit more activity in this thread. But on the other hand, I don't want to go too far into unconfirmed rumors. I was burned by Ridley (among others) in Sm4sh, and I don't want to deal with the disappointment of making a space for a Dovahkiin amiibo and then not getting someone to fill it. This is what I hate about leaks...

But I will still stand by my wish that a Dovahkiin reveal would fit very nicely with an ESO Skyrim chapter reveal, which they're doing tomorrow...

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm not expecting Dragonborn but he'll take me by storm if he's to get in. I'm more hype for Dragonborn's dragon shouts that will be implanted than his physical moves.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
...uhh... what?

I honestly haven't been following any leaks, so I haven't heard this at all. Every so often, Google News will throw me a 'Next Smash character leaked!' article, but those are just leaker reports of dubious quality so I don't read them. Or YouTube thumbnails. I honestly thought KOS-MOS was coming since she was plastered all over YouTube a few days ago, but then again I kinda expected FP5 to have been announced by now. TBH I was wondering why everyone in the RTC thread was giving pretty high ratings to Dovahkiin last week.

It's great to hear that there are people who think of Dovahkiin as more than just a joke, and I'd love a bit more activity in this thread. But on the other hand, I don't want to go too far into unconfirmed rumors. I was burned by Ridley (among others) in Sm4sh, and I don't want to deal with the disappointment of making a space for a Dovahkiin amiibo and then not getting someone to fill it. This is what I hate about leaks...

But I will still stand by my wish that a Dovahkiin reveal would fit very nicely with an ESO Skyrim chapter reveal, which they're doing tomorrow...
Essentially the gist of it is that fatmanonice told the Geno thread that 2 major Nintendo sources say a character is coming that he can't namedrop. He says the character would disconfirm a fan favorite choice, and could potentially prove the Cacodemon (Doom) and Mallow mii costume leak right but wouldn't necessarily. So essentially, it's a Bethesda character that's not Doomslayer. Obviously that's most likely Dovahkiin, but there are other options. Supposedly these sources agree this character is coming, but they disagree on whether it's number 5 or number 6. Make of this what you will. Best to be cautious, but I'm at least optimistic about it.

Edit: And this is exactly why the leaks only being on that thread annoys me. Why is it that the Geno thread is told but not the thread of the actual character?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Essentially the gist of it is that fatmanonice told the Geno thread that 2 major Nintendo sources say a character is coming that he can't namedrop. He says the character would disconfirm a fan favorite choice, and could potentially prove the Cacodemon (Doom) and Mallow mii costume leak right but wouldn't necessarily. So essentially, it's a Bethesda character that's not Doomslayer. Obviously that's most likely Dovahkiin, but there are other options. Supposedly these sources agree this character is coming, but they disagree on whether it's number 5 or number 6. Make of this what you will. Best to be cautious, but I'm at least optimistic about it.
Interesting, thanks for the info.

I actually just saw the Mii costume leak a few hours ago when I was looking on the news page here - I thought I heard that FP5 was supposed to be announced at the game awards, so I keep checking to see if I somehow missed it.

Without going too far down the rabbit hole here, I still think there's not much pointing to being hyped yet. A Mallow Mii costume seems almost like an inevitability to me, considering Geno got a Mii costume in the last game and they seem to be bringing some of the 3rd party costumes back over time. As for the Cacodemon...that's interesting. I don't know Doom at all, but evidently that's a common enemy/mascot? Seems like a call for Doomguy as a character. Now I could see it as a 'Bethesda celebration' costume with someone else, but that does seem a bit of a stretch...

Vault Boy would be one of the easiest Bethesda Mii costumes to do, with the benefit of that one actually looking legit - I did want Skull Kid, but I'm totally fine with his Mii costume since it looks so good, unlike the Tails one looking like disappointment. A Vault Mii would have the right proportions and be a natural fit for a Brawler or Gunner. If they went that route, there really isn't a major Fallout character to put in; I don't think that the Vault Dweller/Chosen One/Lone Wanderer/Courier/Sole Survivor are all that iconic in and of themselves. True, it may be a bit hypocritical considering Dovahkiin is just as 'Hello, Insert Name Here' of a protagonist, but unlike the others, the Dragonborn is defined by his abilities and not just his default clothes (but the helmet also adds to that).

As for a potential Skyrim (or TES general) Mii costume, I don't really see one. Sure, the Dragonborn outfit and helm. But otherwise... what, Daedric Armor? Sheogorath's outfit? There's really not a cute mascot character or outfit that defines TES...outside of Dovahkiin's helmet, and that didn't exist until TES5.

So I guess a Dragonborn character could easily come with a Doom and Fallout mascot Mii costume, but I will admit that's very likely a stretch.

Then again, this is all conjecture in the first place. If all we know is that it's a character that will disconfirm a fan favorite and that may have some connection to Mallow or Cacodemon, that's honestly not much to go on. It does sound like a Bethesda character who's not Doomguy would potentially disconfirm (or at least make ridiculously unlikely) Doomguy as a second Bethesda character. But for all we know, it's Doomguy who gets in and they're talking about Vault Boy as a fan favorite getting nixed (I'm sure in some part of the world he is the favorite over Doomguy). And yes, this does also seem to align with the reports of Bethesda talking to Nintendo about Smash we heard a while back.

Again, assuming this will be a Bethesda character in the first place, and not something like a Squeenix character who'll bring the Geno and Mallow costumes thereby disconfirming Geno. Or them pulling a Goemon and making Bethesda's only contribution as a mascot-esque Mii costume from Doom. To me, those actually seem the more likely possibilities.

I don't know, maybe it's just my pessimism talking (or me trying to keep from getting myself hyped) but I don't think that there's anything interesting here yet. Could be, and it's easy to see how, but I'd prefer to wait until we see something more concrete (read: when Sakurai announces it). I mean, normally around here, the mere suggestion of a character from a credible source will bring loads of traffic to the support thread, but this place is still pretty quiet.

I'm interested in the fact that there's a FP6 implied though - we knew there would be more DLC, but I didn't know it would continue to come in Fighter packs. I guess it makes sense, but I was expecting things like new echoes, stages, and potentially character costumes, with the odd new character here and there, not necessarily needing a stage (like if they were putting first parties in - I'm expecting Waluigi's on the short list)

Well, I guess we'll see. I'll still hope that I'll eventually get to put a Dovahkiin amiibo on my shelf next to Link, but I still don't think it looks very likely. But holy **** would that be awesome.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Interesting, thanks for the info.

I actually just saw the Mii costume leak a few hours ago when I was looking on the news page here - I thought I heard that FP5 was supposed to be announced at the game awards, so I keep checking to see if I somehow missed it.

Without going too far down the rabbit hole here, I still think there's not much pointing to being hyped yet. A Mallow Mii costume seems almost like an inevitability to me, considering Geno got a Mii costume in the last game and they seem to be bringing some of the 3rd party costumes back over time. As for the Cacodemon...that's interesting. I don't know Doom at all, but evidently that's a common enemy/mascot? Seems like a call for Doomguy as a character. Now I could see it as a 'Bethesda celebration' costume with someone else, but that does seem a bit of a stretch...

Vault Boy would be one of the easiest Bethesda Mii costumes to do, with the benefit of that one actually looking legit - I did want Skull Kid, but I'm totally fine with his Mii costume since it looks so good, unlike the Tails one looking like disappointment. A Vault Mii would have the right proportions and be a natural fit for a Brawler or Gunner. If they went that route, there really isn't a major Fallout character to put in; I don't think that the Vault Dweller/Chosen One/Lone Wanderer/Courier/Sole Survivor are all that iconic in and of themselves. True, it may be a bit hypocritical considering Dovahkiin is just as 'Hello, Insert Name Here' of a protagonist, but unlike the others, the Dragonborn is defined by his abilities and not just his default clothes (but the helmet also adds to that).

As for a potential Skyrim (or TES general) Mii costume, I don't really see one. Sure, the Dragonborn outfit and helm. But otherwise... what, Daedric Armor? Sheogorath's outfit? There's really not a cute mascot character or outfit that defines TES...outside of Dovahkiin's helmet, and that didn't exist until TES5.

So I guess a Dragonborn character could easily come with a Doom and Fallout mascot Mii costume, but I will admit that's very likely a stretch.

Then again, this is all conjecture in the first place. If all we know is that it's a character that will disconfirm a fan favorite and that may have some connection to Mallow or Cacodemon, that's honestly not much to go on. It does sound like a Bethesda character who's not Doomguy would potentially disconfirm (or at least make ridiculously unlikely) Doomguy as a second Bethesda character. But for all we know, it's Doomguy who gets in and they're talking about Vault Boy as a fan favorite getting nixed (I'm sure in some part of the world he is the favorite over Doomguy). And yes, this does also seem to align with the reports of Bethesda talking to Nintendo about Smash we heard a while back.

Again, assuming this will be a Bethesda character in the first place, and not something like a Squeenix character who'll bring the Geno and Mallow costumes thereby disconfirming Geno. Or them pulling a Goemon and making Bethesda's only contribution as a mascot-esque Mii costume from Doom. To me, those actually seem the more likely possibilities.

I don't know, maybe it's just my pessimism talking (or me trying to keep from getting myself hyped) but I don't think that there's anything interesting here yet. Could be, and it's easy to see how, but I'd prefer to wait until we see something more concrete (read: when Sakurai announces it). I mean, normally around here, the mere suggestion of a character from a credible source will bring loads of traffic to the support thread, but this place is still pretty quiet.

I'm interested in the fact that there's a FP6 implied though - we knew there would be more DLC, but I didn't know it would continue to come in Fighter packs. I guess it makes sense, but I was expecting things like new echoes, stages, and potentially character costumes, with the odd new character here and there, not necessarily needing a stage (like if they were putting first parties in - I'm expecting Waluigi's on the short list)

Well, I guess we'll see. I'll still hope that I'll eventually get to put a Dovahkiin amiibo on my shelf next to Link, but I still don't think it looks very likely. But holy **** would that be awesome.
The interesting part is how he said this hypothetical character "might" fit with the leak but wouldn't necessarily. And he said this while implying Geno is likely coming, so the character that will disconfirm a fan favorite is definitely related to Cacodemon and not Mallow. So it's a character who an argument could be made for coming with a doom costume but it wouldn't be a garuntee. So this character is definitely Bethesda and definitely isn't Doomslayer. Vault boy is possible, but Dovahkiin is pretty much the only other option.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Edit: And this is exactly why the leaks only being on that thread annoys me. Why is it that the Geno thread is told but not the thread of the actual character?
The Geno support thread is a social thread that has a rare support base on a special level, they'd run back and post anything Smash related in it just to keep it active. They'd take almost anything Smash related and assume it has to do with Geno or his odds. :rolleyes:

Geno is a very lucky character in Smash speculation.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The interesting part is how he said this hypothetical character "might" fit with the leak but wouldn't necessarily. And he said this while implying Geno is likely coming, so the character that will disconfirm a fan favorite is definitely related to Cacodemon and not Mallow. So it's a character who an argument could be made for coming with a doom costume but it wouldn't be a garuntee. So this character is definitely Bethesda and definitely isn't Doomslayer. Vault boy is possible, but Dovahkiin is pretty much the only other option.
Ah, ok.

Well this sounds good, but I'm going to keep this at arm's length for now. I'm still going on the fact that nobody is talking about Dovahkiin as a possibility, so either Nintendo Ninjas are really good at their jobs, or everyone else thinks this is a joke - or at least doesn't consider a Western third-party one-hit-wonder fill-in-your-own-avatar swordsman as a possibility...

But oh man how I'd love this to go somewhere... Just imagining DovahKirby Fus Ro Dah-ing Peach off the top of the Great Plateau Tower...

I'd try to console myself with the ESO Skyrim announcement...if I hadn't been getting the date wrong. It's January 16, so now I have a whole nother month to wait to hear about going back to the frozen north. Ugh, and I was really looking forward to getting news - shows that you can't get wrapped up in hype and not read carefully. I am still thinking that a ESO Skyrim/Dovahkiin for Smash co-reveal could be cool, but that pushes all of that a month back. Assuming he's coming in the first place.

Speaking of, weren't the five from the fighter pack all supposed to be released by February? Let me go check for a bit on announcement vs. release dates...

:ultjoker: Announced Dec 6 (Game Awards), Released Apr 17
:ulthero: Announced Jun 11 (E3), Released July 30
:ultbanjokazooie: Announced Jun 11 (E3), Released Sept 4
:ult_terry: Announced Sept 4 (Direct), Released Nov 6

Also, the 'brave' datamine hit Jan 3, in case we want to talk about major leaks. Banjo got hinted at about a week before on ResetERA, but I don't know how widespread that was. I think Terry actually did come out of nowhere.

...well, there's not much of a pattern here save for each taking a while, but they've never just dropped a character. If they intend to release the last one by February, I would expect them to announce it relatively soon - unless they are going to surprise us with a "Playable Right Now!" kinda thing. And we did get the announcement that DLC would continue, but nothing about a new season or anything else really, so I'd guess that'll get announced at the same time. I guess we are overdue for a direct - the last one was the September 4 one, and the last news on Smash was Terry's release, so that sounds like the time it'd appear.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Ah, ok.

Well this sounds good, but I'm going to keep this at arm's length for now. I'm still going on the fact that nobody is talking about Dovahkiin as a possibility, so either Nintendo Ninjas are really good at their jobs, or everyone else thinks this is a joke - or at least doesn't consider a Western third-party one-hit-wonder fill-in-your-own-avatar swordsman as a possibility...

But oh man how I'd love this to go somewhere... Just imagining DovahKirby Fus Ro Dah-ing Peach off the top of the Great Plateau Tower...

I'd try to console myself with the ESO Skyrim announcement...if I hadn't been getting the date wrong. It's January 16, so now I have a whole nother month to wait to hear about going back to the frozen north. Ugh, and I was really looking forward to getting news - shows that you can't get wrapped up in hype and not read carefully. I am still thinking that a ESO Skyrim/Dovahkiin for Smash co-reveal could be cool, but that pushes all of that a month back. Assuming he's coming in the first place.

Speaking of, weren't the five from the fighter pack all supposed to be released by February? Let me go check for a bit on announcement vs. release dates...

:ultjoker: Announced Dec 6 (Game Awards), Released Apr 17
:ulthero: Announced Jun 11 (E3), Released July 30
:ultbanjokazooie: Announced Jun 11 (E3), Released Sept 4
:ult_terry: Announced Sept 4 (Direct), Released Nov 6

Also, the 'brave' datamine hit Jan 3, in case we want to talk about major leaks. Banjo got hinted at about a week before on ResetERA, but I don't know how widespread that was. I think Terry actually did come out of nowhere.

...well, there's not much of a pattern here save for each taking a while, but they've never just dropped a character. If they intend to release the last one by February, I would expect them to announce it relatively soon - unless they are going to surprise us with a "Playable Right Now!" kinda thing. And we did get the announcement that DLC would continue, but nothing about a new season or anything else really, so I'd guess that'll get announced at the same time. I guess we are overdue for a direct - the last one was the September 4 one, and the last news on Smash was Terry's release, so that sounds like the time it'd appear.
People actually are talking about Dovahkiin as a real possibility, it's just happening on the Geno thread instead of here. Although that's stopped because the mods warned us it was off topic.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I know Fatman's track record isn't great but I'm still holding onto hope here! and I agree, we REALLY need some more of that discussion to spill over into this thread. We need the activity!

And in regards to spirits, there's plenty of illustrations and renders of Skyrim's characters from Elder Scrolls Legends that they could easily use!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Aaaand there I go, searching through the Geno thread to find answers. Exactly what I didn't want to do. And this is why I hate leaks. This is all sounding too good to be true here, so as much as I want to believe, I need to doubt it. I can't have another Sm4sh Ridley on my hands, especially not for the #1 character I want for myself.

Part of it is definitely untrue - they were saying that FP5 would get a reveal at the Game Awards. Yeah, yeah, it could have just been delayed, but it's a hit against it. Add to that the fact that people are arguing about the leaker's veracity, and it's just looking bad all around.

Shame, because I would be over the moon hyped if this were true. But I don't want to be hoping for it and then coming up empty. And so far it looks like Doomguy's gonna win that fight...

But seriously, it's about time we got that reveal already. If not at the Game Awards, what are we waiting for? The December-January timeframe is usually quiet for major Directs in general, save for the Sm4sh final direct being on 15 Dec and the Switch hardware one on Jan 12 of their respective years.

Geez, this is like the wait between Joker and Luminary (I'm still used to saying Erdrick since everyone talked about him instead), but at least we got two reveals at E3. Will we get season 2 and possibly FP6 revealed at the same time? Is there any major Ninty game coming out in the near future they'd need to introduce? Or are they just going to drop the newcomer randomly one day? Are they planning a few updates/game modes/whatever to fill a full direct? Are they gonna announce the next character and do the moveset analysis the same day to make a full presentation?

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Aaaand there I go, searching through the Geno thread to find answers. Exactly what I didn't want to do. And this is why I hate leaks. This is all sounding too good to be true here, so as much as I want to believe, I need to doubt it. I can't have another Sm4sh Ridley on my hands, especially not for the #1 character I want for myself.

Part of it is definitely untrue - they were saying that FP5 would get a reveal at the Game Awards. Yeah, yeah, it could have just been delayed, but it's a hit against it. Add to that the fact that people are arguing about the leaker's veracity, and it's just looking bad all around.

Shame, because I would be over the moon hyped if this were true. But I don't want to be hoping for it and then coming up empty. And so far it looks like Doomguy's gonna win that fight...

But seriously, it's about time we got that reveal already. If not at the Game Awards, what are we waiting for? The December-January timeframe is usually quiet for major Directs in general, save for the Sm4sh final direct being on 15 Dec and the Switch hardware one on Jan 12 of their respective years.

Geez, this is like the wait between Joker and Luminary (I'm still used to saying Erdrick since everyone talked about him instead), but at least we got two reveals at E3. Will we get season 2 and possibly FP6 revealed at the same time? Is there any major Ninty game coming out in the near future they'd need to introduce? Or are they just going to drop the newcomer randomly one day? Are they planning a few updates/game modes/whatever to fill a full direct? Are they gonna announce the next character and do the moveset analysis the same day to make a full presentation?
If I recall correctly, the source said it could be at the game awards but could be in a direct later. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, as one should with any leak, but I think it at least puts Dovahkiin on the table.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
A happy Saturalia for those of you in Wayrest who celebrate it!

It's been a fun year, and I'm really enjoying ESO and I can't wait to see what ESO Skyrim has in store - hopefully a little side announcement putting a bit of Skyrim in Smash. I hope all of you get your wishes, particularly if they involve a playable Dovahkiin.

Enjoy the holidays, have a happy New Life festival, a merry Christmas, and a happy new year!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
A happy Saturalia for those of you in Wayrest who celebrate it!

It's been a fun year, and I'm really enjoying ESO and I can't wait to see what ESO Skyrim has in store - hopefully a little side announcement putting a bit of Skyrim in Smash. I hope all of you get your wishes, particularly if they involve a playable Dovahkiin.

Enjoy the holidays, have a happy New Life festival, a merry Christmas, and a happy new year!

Happy Saturnalia to you, too! December really flew by!

I might finally give ESO a shot since it's currently on sale, though I have to pick up my next paycheck first. It'll be interesting to see Zenimax Online's interpretation of the province!

In the mean time, let's sit tight and hope that our boy's day comes soon. FP5 is still up in the air, but our chances are looking better than ever!

Oh, and have you tried Beyond Skyrim: Bruma? It's a fantastic mod from a fantastic project, and it'd be the perfect Christmas game!

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Eh, I'm starting to wonder what Spirits Dovahkiin would bring if he's announced.

I can see A giant, guard, Dragon Priest, Snow Elf, Dwemer, Flame Atronach, Draugr Deathlord, Alduin.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Eh, I'm starting to wonder what Spirits Dovahkiin would bring if he's announced.

I can see A giant, guard, Dragon Priest, Snow Elf, Dwemer, Flame Atronach, Draugr Deathlord, Alduin.
I imagine there being a Miraak spirit where you fight Robin and he heals himself by KO’ing dragon-like characters, like in his boss fight.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I imagine there being a Miraak spirit where you fight Robin and he heals himself by KO’ing dragon-like characters, like in his boss fight.
While Miraak is popular, I feel like only non DLC Skyrim additions will be Spirits. You can really just rep Robin with a Dragon Priest spirit. The enemies I listed are really iconic to Skyrim and each of them can easily act as Spirits for Smash, its hilarious.

Giant - Mario, Wario
Guard - Link, Meta Knight, Marth
Dragon Priest - Robin
Snow Elf - Ice Climbers
Dwemer - Samus, R.O.B, Mega Man
Flame Atronach - Mario, Luigi, Bowser
Draugr Deathlord - Ganondorf, Ike
Alduin - Ridley

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm sure they'd stick to Skyrim but on that image I made a few months ago I mixed in significant Morrowind and Oblivion characters as well. Elder Scrolls Legends has tons of fantastic artwork so I'm sure they'd be able to pull from that in the absence of renders!

And I don't think DLC characters like Isran, Serana, Miraak, etc would be a problem, especially since Special Edition comes with all of the DLC and the Switch version of Skyrim is Special Edition (minus some of the graphical effects).

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I might finally give ESO a shot since it's currently on sale, though I have to pick up my next paycheck first. It'll be interesting to see Zenimax Online's interpretation of the province!
I really recommend it. I hate MMOs on principle, but this really feels like an Elder Scrolls game at heart. There's plenty to do alone - in fact the entire main quest and most of the guild quests are solo. The dragon battles from the latest Elsweyr DLC are really cool since you've got loads of other players helping out as well, so there's a lot going on, and those dragons make Skyrim's look weak by comparison.

For anyone starting out, you're locked into one of three races when you start out depending on your alliance, which also gives you your home base location: Altmer/Bosmer/Khajiit in the Aldmeri Dominion (Valenwood, with one of the Summerset Isles and parts of Elsweyr), Bretons/Redguards/Orcs in the Daggerfall Covenant (High Rock, with parts of northern Hammerfell), and the Nords/Dunmer/Argonians in the Ebonheart Pact (Eastern Skyrim, northern Black Marsh, and parts of mainland Morrowind). Basic story goes that each faction has a goal (Dominon want elvish rule, Covenant's trying to reestablish the empire, and the Pact is for independence), but they're not focusing on the Daedric threat. You aren't locked into these locations; you can go wherever as whichever race you choose, but the Main Quest line will favor the area of your alliance. There's also a DLC you can buy that lifts the restriction, so my Orc is in the Pact.

You also get a tutorial quest based on which chapter you get (the standard editions all come with Morrowind now), so you'll get dropped off somewhere else. It's a bit disorienting, so if you want to start the main quest without too much confusion, start by going to the main city of the faction (Vulkhel Guard for Dominon, Daggerfall for the Covenant, and Davon's Watch for the Pact). The best thing to see is this post here, since it'll help give you a more linear story.

I guess it all depends on what they intend to do. Will this be a Skyrim only thing, or will we also look out to other Elder Scrolls games which weren't on Nintendo, considering the DLCs so far are reaching back to several games in the series. But yeah, there's really no pictures they could use without photoshopping Legends cards...which would be awesome.

Also coming up with only a few important parts of TES history is hard...

Primary Spirits:

Alduin (4 star, attack): Giant Ridley (blue costume) on Summit Omega. Added hazard: falling bob-ombs every so often, Ridley goes invincible every so often.

Greybeard (1 star, neutral): Giant Charizard (grey costume) on Skyrim's stage. Additional enemies: Ganondorf (grey hair), Simon (grey hair), Robin (grey hair), and Mario (black/white). Minions start the fight, then Charizard spawns after the four are defeated.
Evolves into Paarthurnax (3 star) at level 99.

Uriel Septim (2 star, defense): Marth (red) on Castle Siege interior. Also has Link (dark blue), Ike (black), and Lucina (grey) as minions. Marth avoids the fight while the others attack. Defeat Marth to win.

Support Spirits:

Ulfric Stormcloak (3 star, Neutral special move power up): vs. Dovahkiin recolor favoring neutral specials on Skyrim's stage. Minion: Banjo or DK red fur recolor

Sheogorath (4 star, Trade off ability up): vs. Shulk (purple) on Reset Bomb Forest. Stage hazards: Screen flip, reversible controls, gravity changes, timed match, while Shulk favors running away.

Azura (3 star, Autoheal): vs. Palutena (cyan) on Bridge of Eldin battlefield. Spawns Moon assist trophy

Mehrunes' Razor (4 star, Critical hit up x2): vs. Metal Cloud (blue) on Castle Siege (underground part). Periodically take massive damage while fighting

Vivec (2 star, Weapon attack up): vs. Gold Mewtwo (blue) on Paly's Temple omega. Mewtwo has lower gravity

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm all for rebuilding the Empire and whatever DLC unlocks the Race/Alliance restrictions would allow me to side with them as an Argonian, but at the same time I wouldn't want my main quest to be there since They didn't do a particularly good job with the Illiac Bay provinces (especially High Rock with its' architecture repetition, and there's little hope for a DLC for it since the entire province can be explored). Still once I finish a few other games in my backlog I'm gonna give it a try! The thing that worried me was single player content so I'm glad that isn't a problem here!
Also can other players attack you anywhere or just in PVP areas?

That artwork of Sheogorath is legendary! Why they went with the Skyrim design for Online I'll never know, since Online takes place long before The Grand Champion becomes him.

Those spirit battles are absolutely genius! I really hope we see battles like this in-game.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm most likely picking up Skyrim Special Edition for my Switch since I missed out on previous DLC. I can't wait to experience Dawnguard, Lost To The Ages and Dragonborn for the absolute first time. :chuckle: I hope the leveling up system is more friendly as for the Nintendo Switch version tho. Really don't want to go through that again.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm most likely picking up Skyrim Special Edition for my Switch since I missed out on previous DLC. I can't wait to experience Dawnguard, Lost To The Ages and Dragonborn for the absolute first time. :chuckle: I hope the leveling up system is more friendly as for the Nintendo Switch version tho. Really don't want to go through that again.
I'm personally replaying the game on VR. I figured Skyrim VR would give me a fresh experience of playing Skyrim even if I played the regular game before.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I support Dragonborn. From what Fatman has said, it is quite likely that FP5 might just be Dovahkiin. Again, it is just him speculating based on info he heard, but Dragonborn would still align with the cacomallow leak. What gives Dragonborn the edge over Doom Slayer is that Skyrim is more popular in Japan. Plus The Elder Scrolls is also important to the industry, as it helped popularized the open world genre.

Just imagining Dragonborn shouting someone off the stage is hilarious. I've spent quite a bit of time with Skyrim on the PS3 first then Switch. I love the game for its atmosphere, world, music, and the complete freedom it provides. btw it is amazing that the Switch can run games as big and beautiful as games like Skyrim and The Witcher 3. As a kid, I never imagined games like those being on a portable system.

And a side note. In the game Totally Accurate Battle Simulator, there is a unit called shouter which has the same helmet as Dovahkiin and all they do is shout and push back people. It's hilarious. Now let me stop here before I go even more off topic.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If Dovahkiin went the Bowser Jr. route and had a different race as each one of it's alts, with 4 male and 4 female, which 8 out of the 10 default would you use and which would be male and female? Male Nord as the default posterboy is the only obvious choice

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If Dovahkiin went the Bowser Jr. route and had a different race as each one of it's alts, with 4 male and 4 female, which 8 out of the 10 default would you use and which would be male and female? Male Nord as the default posterboy is the only obvious choice
Hmmm, I'd go this route:

- Male Nord
- Female Imperial
- Male Dunmer
- Female Khajiit
- Male Argonian
- Female Redguard
- Male Orsimer
- Female Altmer

Top Bottom