• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There Is One They Fear: Dragonborn Shouts Them Down!

Have you played Skyrim?

• Yes

Votes: 90 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Skooma

Votes: 34 22.7%

• Total voters

UserKev

Smash Champion
Now I'm suddenly really worried for Dovahkiin since he can just as easily be a Mii custom. All this time I forgot the most obvious scenario. :facepalm:

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
But after the Assassin’s Creed mii costume, I’m worried that may set a precedent for Western 3rd party characters from here on out.
Now I'm suddenly really worried for Dovahkiin since he can just as easily be a Mii custom. All this time I forgot the most obvious scenario. :facepalm:
It's worth pointing out that Ubisoft already had content in the base game. Bethesda is completely unrepresented, and it's still unprecedented to get a Mii costume from a completely unrepresented third party company (excluding indies). Not to say it can't happen, but it's something to think about.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I don't think that will happen, thankfully. Bethesda currently has no content in Smash, and with Doom Slayer's basically deconfirmation (I don't see why his supporters think the elaborate interview was lying under NDA. It was too in depth. Nintendo never asked for Doom Slayer and iD didn't make my negotiations with Nintendo. What we DO know is that Nintendo likely spoke primarily with the higher ups), Dragonborn is currently the frontrunner. True, there's Vault Boy, but Fallout has little content on Nintendo systems aside from Shelter. Elder Scrolls has both Skyrim, which was used to promote the Switch in the launch trailer, and an upcoming game in Blades.

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
I don't think that will happen, thankfully. Bethesda currently has no content in Smash, and with Doom Slayer's basically deconfirmation (I don't see why his supporters think the elaborate interview was lying under NDA. It was too in depth. Nintendo never asked for Doom Slayer and iD didn't make my negotiations with Nintendo. What we DO know is that Nintendo likely spoke primarily with the higher ups), Dragonborn is currently the frontrunner. True, there's Vault Boy, but Fallout has little content on Nintendo systems aside from Shelter. Elder Scrolls has both Skyrim, which was used to promote the Switch in the launch trailer, and an upcoming game in Blades.
This is assuming that Bethesda would be considered for Smash in the first place. I don't want to get my hopes up for a character of theirs in Smash just because their IPs aren't currently represented in either of the base game and DLC. If Byleth is any indication, franchise representation doesn't mean anything to Sakurai.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
This is assuming that Bethesda would be considered for Smash in the first place. I don't want to get my hopes up for a character of theirs in Smash just because their IPs aren't currently represented in either of the base game and DLC. If Byleth is any indication, franchise representation doesn't mean anything to Sakurai.
I know, but at the same time I'm just going by what we know. That and I just wanna spread a little bit of positivity to go along with the news.

Last edited:

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
Fair. I just want to be realistic (i.e. think that it will never happen so that I won't have to face disappointment lol). But recent news has gotten my hopes up haha. I just pray that they're not unfounded.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Fair. I just want to be realistic (i.e. think that it will never happen so that I won't have to face disappointment lol). But recent news has gotten my hopes up haha. I just pray that they're not unfounded.
Nothing wrong with that! I'm just surprised people are still clinging onto the recent news and assuming it's a lie. People around here are obsessed with assuming that any negative response is an NDA lie.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
The Dovakiin along with Jin Kazama fall into that special category of "character that has a far higher chance of getting in then most expect and is constantly slept on."

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh wow, there’s still action here! :b:

I’m not gonna get hyped about anything yet - I’m actually trying to avoid Smash news right now... especially anything that says Doomguy since I really want to see Dovahkiin in.

It’s really easy to read that as an NDA friendly response, to be honest. It’s really waffley and talking around a lot with the same “oh, that would be cool but unlikely,” rather than “nope, ain’t happening.” I’m still expecting Cacomallow to be true since I don’t think anyone’s disproven it (but then again, I haven’t looked lately), so adding a hat from Doom without a character is all kinds of suspicious. Even if there was a Doomguy Mii costume, it’s decently rare to see two Mii costumes from the same franchise, especially if that franchise is only referenced in Smash by Mii costumes only. With Doom Eternal releasing really soon and the massive fanbase they have, I still think this is looking great for them. It’s tough for me, since that’s the only one of Bethesda’s three major franchises that I’ve never played, and honestly have no interest in. Meanwhile, Bethesda’s not even talking Elder Scrolls much since they have that new IP coming soon, which will probably be 90% of their E3 conference this year. Maybe with a quick mention of Greymoor...but that releases mid May, so before E3 anyway. Sure Blades is happening, but quietly, and Legends was going to get a Switch release but they've also already stopped updates for it.

Then again, with Altaïr getting the Mii-only treatment (No spirits or Ezio version at least? Really?), there’s a lot of potential for just-Mii franchises. Pity, since Ezio would have been my next most wanted after Tails and all of my Zelda characters got disconfirmed as spirits.

I’m still very much of the opinion that Dovahkiin would fit perfectly in smash. Seriously, how many videos on YouTube or whatever are some variation of “Yeeting Nazeem off High Hrothgar” or whatever. Those have existed since people pitched the Adoring Fan off of Dive Rock in Oblivion. Not too many fighting games depend on ring-outs like that, so this is almost perfect. And DovahKirby is the cutest idea ever, which I also need in my life.

And the memes. I want to see all of the memes.

That’s the thing with just a Mii costume - we won’t get Fus Ro Dah or DovahKirby. At that point, it would just not feel right... But after Assassin’s Creed got Mii’d, it’s a possibility. There are only 6 characters (and that’s probably only 5, since releases until Dec 2021 gives Nintendo plenty of time to announce a new Fire Emblem game so one of those slots will be filled there lol), so competition is going to be fierce. It also means releases will slow considerably, so I’m not expecting to hear anything until probably E3.

And can we also point out that, while there are no FPS “reps” in Smash, that also all of the characters from RPGs are all from JRPGs, and none from any other RPG subgenre? In case anyone wanted to come in with that argument about new representation. Because we all know Sakurai is bound to his own patterns and our fanrules anyway...

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Oh wow, there’s still action here!
Of course! We're still by our character's side, and we gotta keep the spirit of Akatosh alive!

I still think that Cacodemon and Doom Slayer costumes could come with Dragonborn. Imperial Armor (based on General Tullius unique set), Doom Slayer Armor, Cacodemon Hat, Vault Boy costume (Sans-esque), Rathalos, and Monster Hunter would make for a very fitting and plausible set of miis.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
I still think that Cacodemon and Doom Slayer costumes could come with Dragonborn. Imperial Armor (based on General Tullius unique set), Doom Slayer Armor, Cacodemon Hat, Vault Boy costume (Sans-esque), Rathalos, and Monster Hunter would make for a very fitting and plausible set of miis.
These were pretty similar to what I was thinking as well. And I think it’d be cool if Doom Slayer came with E1M1, either remix or the original.

I was also thinking the Guard Armor and its Helmet would make a good Mii costume. It’s fairly iconic, I would say. Could change color based on the Mii color, and they could recreate the arrow in the knee bit in the little trailer.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
These were pretty similar to what I was thinking as well. And I think it’d be cool if Doom Slayer came with E1M1, either remix or the original.

I was also thinking the Guard Armor and its Helmet would make a good Mii costume. It’s fairly iconic, I would say. Could change color based on the Mii color, and they could recreate the arrow in the knee bit in the little trailer.
The guard armor idea sounds super cool, too, maybe even have the art on the shield change based on color to represent the symbols of the different holds!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Dragonborn is being rated again on Rate Their Chances today! Let's head on over and show our support!

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
Just had a thought. Every DLC fighter comes with Spirits, with each fighter having a specific sub-menu for their Spirits that's stylized to their series' aesthetics. Joker has Mementos in the background with 'Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There' playing, Banjo's got Jiggies, his house, and an extra life with the Banjo-Kazooie main theme as the song, etc.

Dragonborn's should totally be Alduin's Wall:
Alduin's Wall.jpg
The music track that plays could either be 'Dragonborn' or 'One They Fear'. I personally lean more towards the latter since I think it sounds more "menu-like" in my opinion. But the first one is more iconic, so I wouldn't be opposed to that either. You could even add in the smoke, light, and flame wave effects like they show it have in the original trailer for Skyrim.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Heey! There's a board for Dragonborn! Nice! Count me in!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Glad to have you aboard! Always happy to see some new energy!

Also I love how your custom FP in your signature has Dragonborn and two dragons!

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Glad to have you aboard! Always happy to see some new energy!

Also I love how your custom FP in your signature has Dragonborn and two dragons!
XD Thanks!
Out of Bethesda's selection, I do think Dragonborn is the most likely. I don't know why Doom Slayer is talked about more to be honest.

If I may, I'm gonna pitch some Spirit Battles real quick. ^^

Fighter Spirit - Dragonborn (Male)
Fighter Spirit - Dragonborn (Female)
★ - Lydia - :ultlucina:

★ - M'aiq the Liar - :ultincineroar:
★ - Ralof & Hadvar - :ultchrom::ultroy:
★★ - J'zargo - :ultincineroar::ultrobin::ultzelda:
★★ - Barbas - :ultduckhunt:(:ultike:Spawns after defeat)
★★ -
Aela the Huntress - :ultlucina:(:ultwolf:Spawns after defeat)
★★★ -
Werewolf (The Elder Scrolls) - Enhanced from Aela the Huntress
★★ -
Balgruuf the Greater - :ultsimon:Avoids conflict +:ultsheik:
★★★ -
Delphine & Esbern - :ultcorrinf::ultlink:
★★★ - Ulfric Stormcloak - Gust Bellows:ultike:+:ultdarksamus:x3
★★★ -
General Tullius - :ultganondorf:+:ultsamus:x3
★★★ -
The Greybeards - :ultrobin::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultcorrin:
★★★★ - Alduin - Giant:ultridley:(Rathalos Assist Spawns + Lava Floor)
★★★★ -
Paarthurnax - Giant:ultcharizard:(Ice Floor)

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
This game is nostalgic, finally got back around to playing, Special Edition and boy. :chuckle: Its exciting to know what I have to look forward to because I haven't played any of the DLC.

I'm just gonna limit my expectations and say we're getting a Dragonborn Mii.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
This game is nostalgic, finally got back around to playing, Special Edition and boy. :chuckle: Its exciting to know what I have to look forward to because I haven't played any of the DLC.

I'm just gonna limit my expectations and say we're getting a Dragonborn Mii.
Well, Elder Scrolls and Fallout are basically Mario and Zelda to Bethesda, so I'd wager we'd get one or the other if Bethesda were to join, and Vault Boy makes a much better Mii costume, frankly.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Hey guys!

So it's been a while, but I've been mired in ESO. If you haven't heard the new title song for the Greymoor expansion, give it a listen - it really sounds great! But oh man how I want to replay Skyrim so bad. I'm already scheduling it in - I need to be playing Skyrim on the 11th of November next year, definitely.

Still hoping that we'll get some good news coming, but I'm trying not to get too hyped. This is actually the first time I'm stopping back in here since January, but I still support.

Hope everyone is safe with the Knahaten Flu virus out there.

UserKev

Smash Champion
A topic to expand the Dragonborn thread, where would you want to live in Skyrim if the land was real?

I would live in Whiterun if I were to live in Skyrim. Excellent community, very cozy and Ysolda :chuckle: I also relate to the Jarl, who I would chill with on a daily basis. I also love Riverwood and Falkreath, two other homely holds I can see my self living in.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
A topic to expand the Dragonborn thread, where would you want to live in Skyrim if the land was real?

I would live in Whiterun if I were to live in Skyrim. Excellent community, very cozy and Ysolda :chuckle: I also relate to the Jarl, who I would chill with on a daily basis. I also love Riverwood and Falkreath, two other homely holds I can see my self living in.
Skyrim's cool, but Corona might be preferable to Rockjoint any day.
And let's not forget their pigeons are scaly and breathe fire and if you think Disord notifications are bad, wait unti- A nEW hAnD TOUchEs ThE bEAcON!!

Real talk tho, Whiterun or Throat of the World would almost certainly be a good Stage choice.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'd love a Throat of the World stage. Especially if they fudged it *just* enough so you could see Whiterun in the far distance. Imagine them also going back to Sm4sh Ridley to have Alduin come by for a visit every so often.

But the best part - Day/night cycle, with appropriate Northern Lights randomly. I wouldn't be able to fight, I'd be too busy staring at the stage.

Or maybe Bleak Falls Barrow, since it's pretty well the most well known location since that's even where they went for the E3 demo way back before release...

Riverwood. Full stop.

I like Whiterun, but in RL that'd be really busy and I like the quieter life. But then again, I'd love to take over the Skyforge as well (and go hunting with Farkas and Aela, but that's another topic). But they also have Bleakrock Isle in ESO, and that's also a great choice as well.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Riverwood. Full stop.

I like Whiterun, but in RL that'd be really busy and I like the quieter life. But then again, I'd love to take over the Skyforge as well (and go hunting with Farkas and Aela, but that's another topic). But they also have Bleakrock Isle in ESO, and that's also a great choice as well.
I kind of enjoy Ivarstead, the people are very determined and fairly positive. I would want to help them. The village is notably beautiful and can grow onwards.

I would never live in Markarth, it just feels unsafe and badly influenced.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Markarth is absolutely miserable, and as much as I love Riften's environment there's sadly no way to clear the corruption. I'd probably choose Solitude or Whiterun myself, especially the former. Solitude for the Imperial ties and beautiful ocean views, and Whiterun for the generally mild weather and overall cozy and friendly atmosphere!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Markarth is definitely not a friendly place, but I'm getting more and more into Orcs so I can't hate it completely. By this point, I've decided that my anniversary playthrough will have to be Orcish.

Solitude is nice too, but there's just something I don't like about it - I just can't explain it. Probably too busy. It does look nice (I'm looking forward to seeing it again soon), but there's just something about it that turns me into "nice to visit, but don't want to live" territory.

The one place I'd hate would be Morthal. I feel there's much more interesting we could get than "cold swamp with a nutty jarl."

Ooh, and another topic - who do you support in the Civil War?

I thought before I started playing that I'd be on the Imperial side, but I really started to understand where the Stormcloaks were coming from and how the Empire was worthless by 4E by seeing how out of touch the Imperials were in all things. But I still don't know if I can throw in behind the Stormcloaks completely. Both sides have jarls I like, but mostly jarls I don't, so I ended up figuring that I'd rather just sit the civil war out...there's no good side here.

If the Empire wins, it's basically a win for the Thalmor. The White-Gold Concordat is the same terms that the Thalmor gave before they attacked, and it was originally designed to split the empire by pissing off Skyrim and Hammerfell. Hammerfell split and actually won against the Thalmor. The Thalmor are basically leading the Empire around with puppetstrings (why else bring Elenwen to the negotiation?), so they're just biding their time, letting the Empire throw their dissidents in prison for them until they can sweep in. And the longer the civil war goes, the weaker both Skyrim and Cyrodiil will be by that time.

Also, Tullius is just an obnoxious person. Every time he's talking about something, Rikke tries to soften it up a bit, but he obviously doesn't care about Skyrim at all.

If the Stormcloaks win, the Empire dies. At this point, the Empire is Cyrodiil and High Rock, so Skyrim is the only thing holding it together. If the Empire loses that province, the Thalmor are coming in to sweep Cyrodiil, since most of the best fighters are either Redguards or Nords...which aren't in the Empire then. High Rock might be protected a bit since Hammerfell and Skyrim are holdouts, but only as long as they can keep the Thalmor away. Now Hammerfell held the Thalmor off, so Skyrim might have a chance...as long as they're not too weak from the civil war.

Ulfric is a lot more calculating than he lets on. His speech after victory is pretty good, and he does try to do the whole skeevy political maneuvering masterfully. It's Galmar that annoys me - he's just out with whatever racist thoughts that Ulfric is good at covering up.

Seriously, can Ulfric and Rikke work together?

I got to the point that I can't even figure out which guy I run through Helgen with. Usually Ralof, just since if I got captured by Imperials, I'm not likely to expect them to save me, but in no way is that about supporting the Civil War. It's a pity that they didn't finish the whole thing either, what with Whiterun staying destroyed or the larger-scale battles they'd planned with Giants.

I'm interested to see how TES6 will take that into account, but I wouldn't expect that until E3 2021 at the absolute earliest, probably 2022. Everyone's thinking Hammerfell, which isn't too exciting for me since I'm not a fan of deserts, but there is more to Hammerfell in ESO than just the Alik'r - Bangkorai and Craglorn are more interesting, and I'd love if they even stretched it up through the Dragontails into Wrothgar.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
How about Helgen for the stage ?

It would be a traveling stage, taking place right when Alduin starts attacking, basically playing the whole escape (Going from Alduin's attack on the surface and finishing in the caves with Stormcloaks fighting against imperial soldiers in the background.)

I fully support The Dragonborn for smash, by the way.

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
How about Helgen for the stage ?

It would be a traveling stage, taking place right when Alduin starts attacking, basically playing the whole escape (Going from Alduin's attack on the surface and finishing in the caves with Stormcloaks fighting against imperial soldiers in the background.)

I fully support The Dragonborn for smash, by the way.
Ehh, not a lot of people actually like traveling stages. I'd probably make it similar to the view you've got there, but with a wall and maybe a watch tower that Alduin can land on in the background where he breaths fire from.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Markarth is definitely not a friendly place, but I'm getting more and more into Orcs so I can't hate it completely. By this point, I've decided that my anniversary playthrough will have to be Orcish.

Solitude is nice too, but there's just something I don't like about it - I just can't explain it. Probably too busy. It does look nice (I'm looking forward to seeing it again soon), but there's just something about it that turns me into "nice to visit, but don't want to live" territory.

The one place I'd hate would be Morthal. I feel there's much more interesting we could get than "cold swamp with a nutty jarl."

I thought before I started playing that I'd be on the Imperial side, but I really started to understand where the Stormcloaks were coming from and how the Empire was worthless by 4E by seeing how out of touch the Imperials were in all things. But I still don't know if I can throw in behind the Stormcloaks completely. Both sides have jarls I like, but mostly jarls I don't, so I ended up figuring that I'd rather just sit the civil war out...there's no good side here.

If the Empire wins, it's basically a win for the Thalmor. The White-Gold Concordat is the same terms that the Thalmor gave before they attacked, and it was originally designed to split the empire by pissing off Skyrim and Hammerfell. Hammerfell split and actually won against the Thalmor. The Thalmor are basically leading the Empire around with puppetstrings (why else bring Elenwen to the negotiation?), so they're just biding their time, letting the Empire throw their dissidents in prison for them until they can sweep in. And the longer the civil war goes, the weaker both Skyrim and Cyrodiil will be by that time.

Also, Tullius is just an obnoxious person. Every time he's talking about something, Rikke tries to soften it up a bit, but he obviously doesn't care about Skyrim at all.

If the Stormcloaks win, the Empire dies. At this point, the Empire is Cyrodiil and High Rock, so Skyrim is the only thing holding it together. If the Empire loses that province, the Thalmor are coming in to sweep Cyrodiil, since most of the best fighters are either Redguards or Nords...which aren't in the Empire then. High Rock might be protected a bit since Hammerfell and Skyrim are holdouts, but only as long as they can keep the Thalmor away. Now Hammerfell held the Thalmor off, so Skyrim might have a chance...as long as they're not too weak from the civil war.

Ulfric is a lot more calculating than he lets on. His speech after victory is pretty good, and he does try to do the whole skeevy political maneuvering masterfully. It's Galmar that annoys me - he's just out with whatever racist thoughts that Ulfric is good at covering up.

I got to the point that I can't even figure out which guy I run through Helgen with. Usually Ralof, just since if I got captured by Imperials, I'm not likely to expect them to save me, but in no way is that about supporting the Civil War. It's a pity that they didn't finish the whole thing either, what with Whiterun staying destroyed or the larger-scale battles they'd planned with Giants.

I'm interested to see how TES6 will take that into account, but I wouldn't expect that until E3 2021 at the absolute earliest, probably 2022. Everyone's thinking Hammerfell, which isn't too exciting for me since I'm not a fan of deserts, but there is more to Hammerfell in ESO than just the Alik'r - Bangkorai and Craglorn are more interesting, and I'd love if they even stretched it up through the Dragontails into Wrothgar.
I don't want to get that deep into it since I just want to be dragonborn who still blends in with normal citizens. I would take your word for joining the Stormcloaks if I'm to join either side tho. I'm never joining the Darkbrotherhood in any of my playthroughs, nor never killing Paarthurnax.

TES6? I'm not hyped since I'm still content with Skyrim. If I can't play snow elf, TES6 will probably do nothing for me. TES5 is the legacy of the entire franchise to me.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I don't want to get that deep into it since I just want to be dragonborn who still blends in with normal citizens. I would take your word for joining the Stormcloaks if I'm to join either side tho. I'm never joining the Darkbrotherhood in any of my playthroughs, nor never killing Paarthurnax.

TES6? I'm not hyped since I'm still content with Skyrim. If I can't play snow elf, TES6 will probably do nothing for me. TES5 is the legacy of the entire franchise to me.
Is it wrong I forgot TES6 was a thing for a second? XD

UserKev

Smash Champion
Is it wrong I forgot TES6 was a thing for a second? XD
Its going to be over hyped, it won't live up to the phenomenon as Skyrim. I can already see it. Bethesda is expected to go greater than TES5, which is brain hurting.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Usually I go Imperial myself. Though while I used to dislike Ulfric completely, over time I've come to understand him a little more. I can see where he's coming from and how he feels betrayed by the turn of events, but his rebellion is causing more harm to his homeland than he thinks. Ultimately he is flawed but also simply misguided. The Thalmor are the real enemy and as Tullius states if Ulfric wins, he's practically handed the Dominion their victory. They wouldn't just stop with Cyrodiil, they'd more than likely go into Skyrim and sweep them, and they're all alone in this endeavor. The Empire would turn their back on a Stormcloak Skyrim, as Galmar mentions the Bretons in High Rock don't care, and the Redguards are busy dealing with internal civil confilct between the Crowns and the Forebears. And forget about the Dunmer, despite them still reeling from the Red Year many of them are too nationalistic and prideful to look for aid and cooperation from others, especially a province they've fought with many time over the course of history.

Let's also not forget that many, MANY Nords are proud of their service in the Legion and still are, even in some of the areas of staunchest Stormcloak support. The Nords and Imperials have been close friends for ages, and in a twist of irony, Ulfric is fighting against an Empire created by the very god he patronizes. The Imperials didn't even enforce the treaty's conditions in Skyrim and didn't persecute those caught worshiping Talos, many Nords quietly worshiped Talos in their homes. Ulfric ended up shooting himself in the foot by making a backdoor deal with the Jarl of Markarth to bring Talos worship out in the open, resulting in the Thalmor stepping in to route out the worshippers. Ulfric should've weathered the storm and stuck by the Empire, and would stand a better chance in the inevitable Second Great War together rather than divided.

No matter what one thinks, a united Empire is better for everyone, and the Empire has brought a lot of good to Skyrim as a whole (along with a good chunk of the province's food supply). Ultimately I understand how Ulfric feels, but I believe he has a lot of misconceptions and I cannot agree with his overall stance. Also as someone who loved Oblivion as well, I've grown to see Cyrodiil as my favorite province, and I'd hate to oppose the ones I fought off Dagon to save.

And the thought of helping the Empire crumble, remember how bad the Interregnum was? Does anyone want to go through that again?

Also in regards to Tullius, he does start out rather ignorant (though he's re-stationed often and has little chance to naturalize) but by the end of the questline he mentioned coming to understand and respect Nordic culture, and opts to stay in the province for awhile, seeing it as another home. I agree that Tullius has his own flaws but he definitely shows positive character development.

As for Hammerfell, it does have a surprising amount of biome diversity and interesting creatures, though ESO hasn't done the best job at showing that. Hopefully ES6 will play to the province's strengths!

For a Helgen stage, I know a lot of people are thinking of a Castle Seige-esque stage, but I was thinking an Isle Delfino-esque stage would be even cooler. You land in different parts of the town and it would become further and further destroyed as the match goes on. The shape and layout would constantly be changing, and that'd make for something unique!

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I mean, I always join the Champions for werewolf badassery and immediate resistance to vampirism. God I hate vampires in skyrim. I kind of wish you could become similar to a dragon priest that lets you levitate.

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
I’m a Solitude person myself. No real reason. Just what my initial gut feeling says.

Also, I’m not hyped in the slightest for TES6. For one, we won’t get it for several years at the very least, if the few second teaser and multiple different big projects like the 76 Single Player DLC and Starfield are anything to go by.

I also don’t trust Bethesda to deliver any quality games due to the flaming mess that is Fallout 76. I hope they get their act together, but I’m doubtful.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I’m a Solitude person myself. No real reason. Just what my initial gut feeling says.

Also, I’m not hyped in the slightest for TES6. For one, we won’t get it for several years at the very least, if the few second teaser and multiple different big projects like the 76 Single Player DLC and Starfield are anything to go by.

I also don’t trust Bethesda to deliver any quality games due to the flaming mess that is Fallout 76. I hope they get their act together, but I’m doubtful.
From what I hear, Bethesda has Starfield and maybe one other game before TES6 is scheduled.

But no, I think 76 was just the wrong call, and they shouldn't have tried to make a live service game like that.
Bethesda trying to make Fallout an MMO is like asking Platinum to develop a visual novel, it's just not what they're good at.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Don't remind of Fallout 76, it already haunts my dreams.

It's honestly about as bad as ****in Sonic '06, which is quite a feat.

UserKev

Smash Champion
If TES6 is to surpass Skyrim, they need to bring back extinct races and expand the lore. I don't think dragons will come back in TES6 other than a small role through Paarthurnax. The dragonborn thing can easily turn stale if Bethesda get lazy with creativity.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm not too concerned about how Fallout 76 will affect TES6, mainly since everything wrong with 76 is from it being an MMO. From what I understand, it's got a lot of reused assets from Fallout 4, and then it ended up with your typical Bethesda game bugs. Problem is, bugs in a Beth game are easy to poke fun at or quick console- or construction set-patch out. In an MMO, they turn into exploits.

That and the idiocy with physical items, which I'm hoping they learned their lesson on.

Beth is known for making open world single player games, and they really need to stick with that. Yeah, they're buggy, but a lot of the bugs are coming from people pushing the game to its limits. It is perfect? No. But it's still really immersive and fun. ESO works - then again it's because the MMO part of it is made by Zenimax rather than Bethesda, so you have a group who know how to do it.

I do hope they pull some of the ideas from other games in though. They added hardcore modes in F:NV and Skyrim with CC, so I'd love if that came in as well (hint hint that BotW did as well). Also bring back weapon/armor degradation so the Smithing skill is for more than just making stuff. And lose the 4-dialogue-choices-that-mean-the-same-thing that Fallout 4 had. But a character creator as in-depth as ESO's? Yes please. You can edit body shape/height as well as the face the way you do in Fallout 4, except with sliders that you can screenshot and share. And do the Fallout-style of companions, too: fewer followers, but each with a developed story, rather than "Of course I'll follow you into the jaws of hell! After all, you picked a single lettuce from my farm and sold it to me!"

I also hope they stick with the Radiant system for quests as well. I know that Morrowind/Oblivion I barely went exploring since I didn't have a reason to go through cave #57. With Skyrim, I played so much that I started getting repeat dungeons. And there's still things I never did...

I do hope they go a different road than the dragons though. I loved dragons, but they need something to set themselves apart from Skyrim. I feel that bringing back the Dwemer would be handwavey and obnoxious, but I'd love if they went and started to explore the Akaviri more rather than just them being the inspiration for a lot of things. Or I'd love to see what would happen after the Thalmor took over the empire, since there's really no good end to Skyrim's civil war that doesn't involve the empire getting destroyed.

They do tend to switch things around each game, though, so I'm not concerned. But here's a thought: Many TES games have heavily featured one or more Daedric Princes (Redguard - Clavicus Vile; Morrowind - Azura; Bloodmoon - Hircine; Oblivion - Mehrunes Dagon; Shivering - Sheogorath; Skyrim - Nocturnal; Dragonborn - Hermaeus Mora; ESO - Molag Bal and Meridia). If we're up in the Hammerfell/High Rock area around Wrothgar, we may see a lot of Malacath, but it could be fun to have someone like Vaermina as a primary villain. Or imagine fun with Sanguine or Boethia. Peryite's Afflicted were also mostly reachmen, or the fact that Namira's coven was in the Markarth area as well, but the Forsworn are more closely associated with Hircine anyway.

Hope werewolves come back though. Wolfbros are awesome. I was really disappointed that Oblivion was missing that. We could even see the wereboars coming back from Daggerfall...but I'd rather the wolf blood.

But I know we're not seeing TES6 for ages anyway. I'd assume Starfield is going to headline their E3 presentation this year, and it'll probably still be a year after that for them to start really talking about TES6. I could use another quick teaser though...

They know that the pressure is on. Todd's said he wants it to be a game that could last a decade, and Skyrim's coming up on that anniversary next November. Now to see if they can match that.

Oh yeah, and TES:Blades was reconfirmed for Switch as well, just in case we wanted to pretend that Dovahkiin and TES still has a chance in Smash...:lol:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm not too concerned about how Fallout 76 will affect TES6, mainly since everything wrong with 76 is from it being an MMO. From what I understand, it's got a lot of reused assets from Fallout 4, and then it ended up with your typical Bethesda game bugs. Problem is, bugs in a Beth game are easy to poke fun at or quick console- or construction set-patch out. In an MMO, they turn into exploits.

That and the idiocy with physical items, which I'm hoping they learned their lesson on.

Beth is known for making open world single player games, and they really need to stick with that. Yeah, they're buggy, but a lot of the bugs are coming from people pushing the game to its limits. It is perfect? No. But it's still really immersive and fun. ESO works - then again it's because the MMO part of it is made by Zenimax rather than Bethesda, so you have a group who know how to do it.

I do hope they pull some of the ideas from other games in though. They added hardcore modes in F:NV and Skyrim with CC, so I'd love if that came in as well (hint hint that BotW did as well). Also bring back weapon/armor degradation so the Smithing skill is for more than just making stuff. And lose the 4-dialogue-choices-that-mean-the-same-thing that Fallout 4 had. But a character creator as in-depth as ESO's? Yes please. You can edit body shape/height as well as the face the way you do in Fallout 4, except with sliders that you can screenshot and share. And do the Fallout-style of companions, too: fewer followers, but each with a developed story, rather than "Of course I'll follow you into the jaws of hell! After all, you picked a single lettuce from my farm and sold it to me!"

I also hope they stick with the Radiant system for quests as well. I know that Morrowind/Oblivion I barely went exploring since I didn't have a reason to go through cave #57. With Skyrim, I played so much that I started getting repeat dungeons. And there's still things I never did...

I do hope they go a different road than the dragons though. I loved dragons, but they need something to set themselves apart from Skyrim. I feel that bringing back the Dwemer would be handwavey and obnoxious, but I'd love if they went and started to explore the Akaviri more rather than just them being the inspiration for a lot of things. Or I'd love to see what would happen after the Thalmor took over the empire, since there's really no good end to Skyrim's civil war that doesn't involve the empire getting destroyed.

They do tend to switch things around each game, though, so I'm not concerned. But here's a thought: Many TES games have heavily featured one or more Daedric Princes (Redguard - Clavicus Vile; Morrowind - Azura; Bloodmoon - Hircine; Oblivion - Mehrunes Dagon; Shivering - Sheogorath; Skyrim - Nocturnal; Dragonborn - Hermaeus Mora; ESO - Molag Bal and Meridia). If we're up in the Hammerfell/High Rock area around Wrothgar, we may see a lot of Malacath, but it could be fun to have someone like Vaermina as a primary villain. Or imagine fun with Sanguine or Boethia. Peryite's Afflicted were also mostly reachmen, or the fact that Namira's coven was in the Markarth area as well, but the Forsworn are more closely associated with Hircine anyway.

Hope werewolves come back though. Wolfbros are awesome. I was really disappointed that Oblivion was missing that. We could even see the wereboars coming back from Daggerfall...but I'd rather the wolf blood.

But I know we're not seeing TES6 for ages anyway. I'd assume Starfield is going to headline their E3 presentation this year, and it'll probably still be a year after that for them to start really talking about TES6. I could use another quick teaser though...

They know that the pressure is on. Todd's said he wants it to be a game that could last a decade, and Skyrim's coming up on that anniversary next November. Now to see if they can match that.

Oh yeah, and TES:Blades was reconfirmed for Switch as well, just in case we wanted to pretend that Dovahkiin and TES still has a chance in Smash...:lol:
I definitely agree the dwemer shouldn't return. The snow elves make waaaay more sense to bring back and have more to work with. Otherwise, TES6 should go the whole "Beginnings' approach. I'm not too up to date with the Akaviri, but I did look them up at one point. They are definitely more interesting than dark elves. :ohwell: TES6 will need new guilds, let us be able to join under new priest types, be giants or join them, etc

Top Bottom