• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social There are three of us now?! Good thing we are the true Link.

D

Deleted member

Really nice. I wish I could go to see or go to a tournament. Myself I might not ever and I don't really watch competive Smash.

But it's really cool to see the players giving their all in tournaments and such. Going to one gives you the oppurtunity too explore a new place so it's cool you got to see Oregon.

Rizen

Smash Legend
i've been having wrist issues lately and won't be able to go to tournaments for a few weeks :urg: it takes forever for them to heal and is really boring.

I wanted to share this video, it's about the book 'Masterworks: Creating a Champion':

There's some nice pieces of BotW lore and tons of concept art in there, i thought it was interesting. If you want to read/check the whole thing, i just found an online version of the book (surprisingly): https://archive.org/details/TheLegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWildCreatingAChampion.

i've been having wrist issues lately and won't be able to go to tournaments for a few weeks :urg: it takes forever for them to heal and is really boring.
That's too bad, i hope it'll heal relatively fast.

Also i wanted to say, your photos are great. I mean, not only the landscapes you chose but the way you framed them (not sure if framed is the right word...).

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I went to the weekly tournament but was rusty and made a lot of technical errors like upBing instead of angled boomerang and getting caught under PS2's platform twice.

I used Link once as a CP when a Dr.Mario downloaded my YL.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been on a losing streak, only beating 2 scrubs and losing to people I beat before. Even getting 3 stocked. Ever since my wrist injury healed I haven't been able to wrap my head around the game. Every read I make seems bad.

D

Deleted member

Well all the best with the tournaments and such.

Keep it up and give it you're all. Regardless hope all goes well with your upcoming tournaments!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I practiced my micro spacing and it really payed off. I played a lot better in the last tournament. I also watched Supahsemmi's YL and got some ideas from him.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I've been using :ultlink: as a secondary and stage counterpick character in tournaments. He's really good on BF, which :ultyounglink: hates. I've also been playing Monster Hunter World Iceborne a lot. Although I'm getting burnt out.
Burnt out on which?
Also MHW is so much fun, holy cow.
SnS life.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
When a Character is called Link he should represent multiple games!
For example let him have a Oot, Tp, SS and Botw alt (no Botw 2 because green arm im 100% sure this will be a gimmick)
if he gets a non Botw alt his Bombs look like the Remote Bombs fom Minish Cap
and his Final Smash changes to Light Arrow

Last edited:

BobbyJackson33

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0407-3040-3154
Thanks.

I took a trip to Oregon and got some good pictures

Here's a hiking trail. The redwood trees were amazing but hard to get good pictures of. They were twice as tall as other trees.

Here's some from the plane:

And here's one back home in Colorado:

(I know I know, I scrolled back pretty far but,) Mannn it's nice to see people play video games and actually like nature...lol. Thats pretty cool man. I go hiking and camping a lot, and it can be really relaxing.

Last edited:

Tyesheron

Smash Rookie
I want my hook shot back :ultlink::link2::4link::(
Link having the recovery like Samus was always there until breath of the wild. I think they purposefully laid waste to the grappling hook because they wanted an excuse to get rid of it in ultimate. Also Young link never had the hook shot because he wasn’t old enough to use it. It weighs a lot for a kid to handle a 40 lbs. heavy peice of metal in one hand.

Toon Link I can’t say much about due to the younger generation. However I do like how they branch out to the older generation characters.

Seriously how hard is it to keep everything the same. Hating the fact that link is broken with the hook shot is never valid because everyone already targets link first. We need a faster character to deal with the monsters (players) that Swarm us. I hate players that take advantage of our slow demeanor as well. They need to be punished for punishing our passion. We are the fans of a successful gaming franchise for more than 30 years.

Respect is needed, and I think the next smash will see this through. Add another link to remind people of melee and/or brawl.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I want my hook shot back :ultlink::link2::4link::(
Link having the recovery like Samus was always there until breath of the wild. I think they purposefully laid waste to the grappling hook because they wanted an excuse to get rid of it in ultimate. Also Young link never had the hook shot because he wasn’t old enough to use it. It weighs a lot for a kid to handle a 40 lbs. heavy peice of metal in one hand.

Toon Link I can’t say much about due to the younger generation. However I do like how they branch out to the older generation characters.

Seriously how hard is it to keep everything the same. Hating the fact that link is broken with the hook shot is never valid because everyone already targets link first. We need a faster character to deal with the monsters (players) that Swarm us. I hate players that take advantage of our slow demeanor as well. They need to be punished for punishing our passion. We are the fans of a successful gaming franchise for more than 30 years.

Respect is needed, and I think the next smash will see this through. Add another link to remind people of melee and/or brawl.
YL had a hookshot in Majora's Mask.

Top Bottom