• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-<= The Zero Suit Samus Resource Center =>-

Bouse

Smash Ace
The Zero Suit Samus Resource Center

Welcome to The Zero Suit Samus Resource Center! This is, in no way, a theft of ideas or threads. This is merely a directory to threads and videos which have been deemed useful by the Zero Suit Samus Community.

Sections
-The Law
-Zero Suit Samus Threads
-General Threads
-External Links
-Useful Videos

-Submission Format
The Law

Anyone remember Judge Dredd? Well like the Judge's in that movie the law is carried out by the members of the Zero Suit Samus Forum. Who are possibly the most vicious and angry people on the face of this planet. We will end you, those you love, those you've met casually on the subway, and those who you don't know but might have known in a former life, if you violate our laws. They are detailed in this immaculate thread by DeliciousCake:

ATTENTION NEW ZSS PLAYERS: ZSS Forum for Dummies
DeliciousCake

Forum Guidelines and Rules.

Zero Suit Samus T
hreads

General Threads

Dazlock — Buffered Dash Attack Locks (Guide)
Supermodel From Paris
Description and explanation of buffered dash attack locks.

Zero Suit Samus Guide 1.0
highandmightyjoe

Description of attacks, strategies, and general character analysis.

Doctorjuice's Zero Suit Samus Guide
doctorjuice
Description of attacks, strategies, and general character analysis.

IMPORTANT: READ BEFORE POSTING!!! These are not combos!
ph00tbag
List of "combos" which have been disproven to be infinite.

Official Zero Suit Samus Matchup Thread
TheZeroSuit
A discussion of Matchups for Zero Suit Samus.

Match-Ups
Orion

The viability of strategies of a Zero Suit Samus against the array of characters in Brawl.

Putting the D-smash Confusion to Rest
FadedImage

In depth description of the functionality of Zero Suit Samus' stuns.

Hitstun and Grab-Release "Combos"
FadedImage
Research compiled on Hitstun and Grab-Release options.

Dmash-Footstool-Dair-Double Dsmash combo
Shadow Tactics
Discussion of the Dsmash-Footstool and it's applications.

Foward Throw Chain Grab List
K Prime

Percentages and Description of Zero Suit Samus buffered Forward throws.

Stadium Records with Zamus
Adapt

Compare your Zero Suit Samus Stadium Records!

Tips, Tricks, and General Advice for Using ZSS

Adapt
How to improve your gameplay and mindgames with Zero Suit Samus!

The NEW Zero Suit Samus Video Archives
Adapt
An archive of Zero Suit Samus videos.

In Depth Attack Statistics
Adapt
"Kill-ability" of Zero Suit Samus' Moveset. Complete with knockback and hitboxes.

ZSS training course
DarkShadowRage

A training course designed for building up skill as Zero Suit Samus.

Zero Suit Samus Boss Battles Guide
DarkShadowRage

Strategies for using Zero Suit Samus in the Boss Battles.

Zero Suit Samus Screenshot Thread
DarkShadowRage
Post and view Zero Suit Samus Screenshots!

A good ZSS does NOT get gimped!
Snakeee

How to Recover as Zero Suit Samus.

New ZSS Techniques and Mind Games
Snakeee

A list of useful strategies for playing Zero Suit Samus.

Snakeee's Match-Up Odds
Snakeee
A list of win/loss ratios for Zero Suit Samus against the array of opponents in Brawl.

ZSS's Best Stages to Worst
Snakeee
A listing of which stages are useful and detrimental to Zero Suit Samus' health.

Need Help With Zamus
Bouse

An example of how to build strategy and skill as Zero Suit by conversing with other Zero Suit mains.

Discussion Threads

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread
A thread where you can Ask Snakee Stuff... about Stuff.

Official Zero Suit Samus Matchup Thread
A thread which discusses the match-ups for Zero Suit Samus in an in-depth manner.

GENERAL THREADS

Official Brawl Tier Discussion
AlphaZealot

Discussion of Tier listings.

Brawl Character Match-Up Chart
IvanEva

An in-depth Match-Up Chart and discussion.

Character Rankings List
Ankou

Character rankings and tier list.

EXTERNAL LINKS

Zamus: Brawl Frame Data
DeliciousCake

Information on frame data for Zero Suit Samus.

Samus Aran Wikipedia Entry

General information on the character Samus Aran.

USEFUL VIDEOS

I know some of you think "all videos are beautiful", but to be honest the average player doesn't have the time to rummage through your library of matches.

Top picks:

Absolute Zero: A Zero Suit Samus Video
myRoboticClaw

Matches:

Snakeee
Going Under Battlefield

Ceiling Games on Luigi's Mansion

Ikki

Showing Fox Who's the Boss! (D-Smash Chain Stun)

Delicious Cake
vs Toon Link (Masahiro)
vs Pit (DEVL)

James Sparrow
vs R.O.B (SDM)
Match 1
vs R.O.B (SDM) Match 3
vs R.O.B (SDM) Match 4

YouTube Channels

Streaming Video

Submission Format

If you're looking for anymore links, let me know. I'll try to update this as much as possible until either this thread is stickied or the threads contained within it are.

The best method to submit, to make sure I can find it and credit authors properly:

Name of Thread
Author
Information Covered
Link

Ex.

Name: Zero Suit Samus Is Awesome
Author: ThatAuthorGuy194
Info Covered: How Awesome Zero Suit Samus Is
Link: http://smashboards.com/...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think the useful videos section could be made more robust. There are a few very good matches out there with Sparrow and Claw in particular that I can think of, as well as other players.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I had a boss battles guide here.. some where...

though never got to the tabuu section.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166815

Ah there it is, though not sure if you guys will find it useful, but seeing as I am the only as far as I know who has ZSS videos of boss battles on youtube :p

Bouse

Smash Ace
I think the useful videos section could be made more robust. There are a few very good matches out there with Sparrow and Claw in particular that I can think of, as well as other players.
Yeah there's one or two of Cake and DSR on Wifi matches, which I will put in a separate section. I had a job interview so I just put it together before I got my clean and sexy on.

Edit: Boss Battles is up there, and list the fights for me ph00tbag so I don't have to go grab-assing through the whole library.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
http://smash.scribblewiki.com/Zamus

It's not entirely complete as I haven't had a chance to work on it for a while, and it's been disputed that moves are a frame off, but throw the frame data up on there for the hell of it so people can get a general idea of how fast/slow ZSS' moves are.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2

You can view my wifi matches on my youtube, though the most recent ones are obviously the better ones, I find it funny how my older videos show my progression with her, and I'm still trying to learn new stuff :p though Cake's ZSS judging by his video > Mine same with Claws, I hope to be as good as them some day :p

Bouse

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm not in a particular mood to hunt through videos at the moment. If you're one of the Zero Suits I deem worth watching so far:
DSR
Cake
Claw
Snakeee
Sparrow

Pick out some of your better matches and either post them here or send them to me in a message.

PREFERABLY MATCHES AGAINST CHARACTERS THAT ARE AT AN ADVANTAGE OR ON EVEN KEEL WITH ZERO SUIT SAMUS.

I don't want a billion, "I just beat up Ganondorf!" videos. Though I do trust that those aren't what you all would consider your best, and would have respect for your own achievements against difficult adversaries.

Adapt

Smash Lord
you forgot http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170891
Snakeee's recovery tips, which is really odd because I thought you got the idea for this topic from that thread (as per my last post in it)
I was gonna make it myself, but i was on my break at work and didnt have time, and when I finished work someone had beat me there

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm hurt that my Recovery Thread, Stage Thread, and Techs thread are not included :(. Thanks Adapt for mentioning it though lol. Oh, and that you don't recognize me as a player "worth watching" -_- .

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
*headdesk* Forgot to mention snakeee myself, my applogies snakeee.

Bouse

Smash Ace
I'm hurt that my Recovery Thread, Stage Thread, and Techs thread are not included :(. Thanks Adapt for mentioning it though lol. Oh, and that you don't recognize me as a player "worth watching" -_- .
Doh >_<
<---- Is sorry :cry:

I"ll hunt for them, and I just haven't watched your videos yet.

Actually I might have seen one or two of your vids. You just don't give me enough luvz.

Errors corrected momentarily.

Edit: Next time please give me links to your threads.

Bouse

Smash Ace
I think I may do a few specific stand out matches, then post YouTube channels of top players. Opinions?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Unfortunately, I don't have any up-to-date video's, so you'll have to make due with these for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbKURHvRdUc (vs. Toon Link [Masahiro]) Masa makes huge use of all of TL's projectiles, so it shows how you have to deal with them. I taunted a lot in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoSbP8Yiqdk (vs. Pit [DEVL]) Dunno how good of a match up this was, but I like the ending.

I couldn't find an exemplary match against Metaknight.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, I don't have any up-to-date video's, so you'll have to make due with these for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbKURHvRdUc (vs. Toon Link [Masahiro]) Masa makes huge use of all of TL's projectiles, so it shows how you have to deal with them. I taunted a lot in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoSbP8Yiqdk (vs. Pit [DEVL]) Dunno how good of a match up this was, but I like the ending.

I couldn't find an exemplary match against Metaknight.
Yeah I was going to add the one against DEVL, you show exactly how to nail the Up Special into Aerial.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Yeah, and I have the video of Ikki doing the stunlock to Fox in the video section.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I had some videos somewhere on my tube showing the double dsmash..though...i got so many videos ..of my matches..old ones where i sucked up to the new ones where i'm better XD

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV-km-K5QJI&fmt=18
This one is about a week old, before claws video even came out and such.
But I chain smashed his wolf, but then he accidently flew off the stage XD

Though, this is not my most impressive fight but it shows the smash anyways, when I look back at it, it doesnt seem very good to me anymore XD

Bouse

Smash Ace
Sparrow Vids, up. I dropped the 2nd match. Also DSR, I put up the Ikki chain stun vid. It's a lot less laggy looking.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Updated with youtube channels (sorry about double post)
I think you might have to vote the thread in order for them to pay attention to sticky or something. Either that or yell "HEY YOU ADMINS IS YOU CAN STICKZ PLEAZ?"

ashes

Smash Apprentice
Hey Bouse
I just realized that two things on this thread are not hyperlinked as i assume they should be. They are:
ZSS's Best Stages to Worst, by Snakeee
and Official Brawl Tier Discussion
just thought you would want to know.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Hey Bouse
I just realized that two things on this thread are not hyperlinked as i assume they should be. They are:
ZSS's Best Stages to Worst, by Snakeee
and Official Brawl Tier Discussion
just thought you would want to know.
TY some of the links must have broken when I edited it <_<;

Edit: BTW who loves our board for how quickly we get organized?

Bouse

Smash Ace
I'm going to probably add short descriptions to every link, going to head out for a bit but I should have it done by, at the latest, around 7 EST 2nite. Once it's done lemme know what you think, like if it seems like a good layout/bad layout, and what you think we could do to make it better. I arrange stuff by authors and might do it by validity of subject, but then that would probably just break things down into spastic opinionated arguments.

Edit: Just finished it on a lunch break. I decided to get rid of all the stray links and just incorporate them into the titles. Also I color coded it and added descriptions. Let me know what you think, also I double checked and all the links "SHOULD" be right. But if one of you people who has nothing better to do than check them for me a third time I'd appreciate it.

Top Bottom