• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-<= The Zero Suit Samus Resource Center =>-

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I see a bunch of weird characters that look nothing like Arabic. In fact, it looks like a 2x2 matrix with the first row being "0 0" and the second row being "9 0". I'm using Firefox 3.0.5 with pretty much all language support installed and honestly have no clue where that character comes from. I always wondered why your swear words had weird characters in them.
It's called the Zero-Width Non-Joiner character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-width_non-joiner

Wenis of Lore

Smash Cadet
this thread is incredibly helpful. i have improved quite a bit thanks to all the videos from the pro ZSS players. thank you very much Bouse, sir. and thanks to the people who made the ownage videos, you guys are really really good! :demon:

sasook

Smash Champion
You guys mind if I take this over? It really bothers me how old some of these threads are.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think what should happen first is that a lot of the info needs to be consolidated, and redundant threads should be pared down to the thread that's most informative. I'm sure you can handle excising redundancy if you want to take over the thread, but someone will need to consolidate any fragmented info.

This is me not volunteering.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
This seriously needs to be updated. There are several threads that have been long dead, and several videos that don't exist anymore, not to mention several things that SHOULD be on here that aren't. I mean, for the love of god, this hasn't been posted in let alone updated in over a year... Either Bouse needs to update this, or it needs to be taken down so someone can make a new one.

solecalibur

Smash Master
We should probly do this on the Zss backroom (as a draft ) and post on the zss account and unsticky this thread

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
We already have SFP's excellent guide. I'm not sure what else we would rewrite? But there are many horribly outdated links in there and many links that should be added (the new frame data thread, my list of jab completing characters, to name 2)

solecalibur

Smash Master
idk probly everyone where so lazy =( , I know zero has the zerosuitsamus account also so if you wanna start go for it if your feeling productive

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I was looking for a guide on how to increase your chances of (getting better at) landing the Dsmash -- Couldn't find one :c

Well, yeah, reading and punishing landing lag is one thing, but I'm more interested in %-based shenanigans and stuff like that.

You know, DA -> Dsmash when the opponent is at like 70%+.
Stuff like that.

Somebody should start a new thread based on 'Landing the Dsmash'.

We could go through different characters and such.
Not by the Tier List order, though. I'm tired of the Tier List order, heh.

I'd suggest a ZSS that is currently not running any threads to do this.

Cool?

Zero

Smash Hero
dtilt -> dsmash punishes airdodges and whiffed attacks at 0-30%

low ftilt trip will combo into dsmash if your opponent doesn't press button at perfect moment, 0-30%

punishing laggy moves on shield

!!

We should make a list of all moves we can dsmash on shield. ****.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
A good mind game when you're CGing characters like DDD is to fthrow them two or three times and then foxtrot at them and dsmash, 90% of the time they will spotdodge and you'll hit them in the end lag. SFP pulled this off on me in wifi <3

Zero

Smash Hero
I do that to Snake/Falco at low percents all the time <3

Mostly because I'm not confident with my cg :(

with it, remember to charge the dsmash, so you hit good spotdodges like Wario/Link (if you decide to try it on them)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
You can use charged nB to cover your advance. No one cancels it with attacks so it works really well for this purpose. And if you've conditioned them to spotdodge after shielding a nB because of nB->grab, they'll get caught. Even if they don't dodge, you can time it so that you dsmash their shield right after the nB, frame trapping them.

I seriously think a charged nB is a **** setup, you just have to have the time to get it off.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've been messing around a little with Dsmash and ways of landing it.

And Dsmash out of Dash Dance is awesome.
It's just like a Studder Step Fsmash (backwards), but with Dsmash instead.
You sort of teleport backward and then immidietly Dsmash where you just stood.
It totally ****s up the opponent's spacing.

Hell, I didn't even know one could Dsmash out of a Dash Dance :embarrass:
I thought the only inputs you could do out off a DD were Fsmash, some B-moves, Dash Attack, jump and shield.

Snakeee talked about stuff to do after a Dsmash a while ago...
Im thinking: Dsmash -> Retreating Studder Step Dsmash.

Coo' ? Oh, I think so.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I only do it by accident.

is there any way to do it reliably?

when I try I get dash attack lol.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I only do it by accident.

is there any way to do it reliably?

when I try I get dash attack lol.
The timing is very strict.
You need to Dsmash(c-stick) pretty much at the same time as you flick the Control Stick
from left -> right / right -> left.

I should make a vid of it, 'cause it looks awesome.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ye, I'm on my way, but my DAZZLE is a *****!!
Gonna try N get it working ASAP.

ZSS benefits TONS from this, compared to other chars.

Top Bottom