• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hey,
Quick question, what do you think is ZSS's worst matchup? I seem to have a lot of trouble with Rosaluma but maybe that's just me.
How do you approach the Mu because aside from the nerf I feel it might actually have improved slightly in certain senses.

One thing I like using in that mu regardless of Rosa just getting a grab or hyphen up smash, is side b which got buffed slightly.

The main point of that mu that alot of people overlook is luma, they know hey luma's annoying but i treat luma like a metroid...Not the "baby" more like the "exterminate all metroids". My reason for this line of thinking is being a mid player meant I would make mistakes which would lead me into getting grabbed by ice climbers in brawl so I prioritize lu

The reason for this is I find no matter how well you play You can never account for that random luma interference. Whether it's him extending your end lag or slowing you down just long enough for rosa to PS an otherwise un PSable hit.

Side b hits luma even if Rosa shields and if you hit Rosa and she flies away as well or is unable to stop you from continuing side b chains into side b infinitely( I am curious about this atm due to the change to the knockback stuff for side b).

Paralyzer beat out all luma charge shots except for fully charged ones, upon getting a hit on Luma you can then downsmash infinite him(meaning sour spot downsmash which causes luma to not be launched), until Rosa intervenes or he dies obviously.

Outdated but here is a match of my irl friend and I who mains Rosa since we both know each other I didn't just ultimately get away with everything for free.granted I played really well in this particular match it's easier to show some of the things I was talking about regarding how much easier things are without luma.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
How do you approach the Mu because aside from the nerf I feel it might actually have improved slightly in certain senses.

One thing I like using in that mu regardless of Rosa just getting a grab or hyphen up smash, is side b which got buffed slightly.

The main point of that mu that alot of people overlook is luma, they know hey luma's annoying but i treat luma like a metroid...Not the "baby" more like the "exterminate all metroids". My reason for this line of thinking is being a mid player meant I would make mistakes which would lead me into getting grabbed by ice climbers in brawl so I prioritize lu

The reason for this is I find no matter how well you play You can never account for that random luma interference. Whether it's him extending your end lag or slowing you down just long enough for rosa to PS an otherwise un PSable hit.

Side b hits luma even if Rosa shields and if you hit Rosa and she flies away as well or is unable to stop you from continuing side b chains into side b infinitely( I am curious about this atm due to the change to the knockback stuff for side b).

Paralyzer beat out all luma charge shots except for fully charged ones, upon getting a hit on Luma you can then downsmash infinite him(meaning sour spot downsmash which causes luma to not be launched), until Rosa intervenes or he dies obviously.

Outdated but here is a match of my irl friend and I who mains Rosa since we both know each other I didn't just ultimately get away with everything for free.granted I played really well in this particular match it's easier to show some of the things I was talking about regarding how much easier things are without luma.

Two more interesting bits here:

Zair stuffs most of her aerial approaches. If she wants to play a long, carefully zoned game... you can too.

Next, her dash attack. It hits frustratingly low, avoids most moves, and can be a great approach when mixing up her luma-less time. Except! It falls under a neat special category of moves... moves that ZSS can shield grab!

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
It's very easy to do down throw into bair on fox, and he is very easily gimped with ZSS, I would say the matchup is harder against Pikachu

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Man, side b would be pretty good for edgeguarding now if the angle wasn't so terrible. It sends almost completely vertically if you DI it so even near the ledge it won't really kill at all until ridiculous percents. Hopefully we'll see one more buff to that move, either addressing its endlag, damage/power or the angle, or a moderate buff in all aspects. Hell, even just heavy shield damage would be great. I really want to use that move.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
I find Diddy to be her worst, honestly. Playing from behind in that MU is absolutely brutal, and the level of precision required to break even in neutral with him is silly, largely because we simply don't have a good response to SH FAir and banana-in-hand requires a ton of respect. His size vexes us a bit (though not as bad as a few other characters) and last stock last hit against him is more dangerous than almost any other MU because of how safe a lot of his kill confirms start out as.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
I got a FAir FAir Side B kill the other night at like 90%, so uh, that was neat.

It's basically a buff ZAir offstage, trading safety for power.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Two more interesting bits here:

Zair stuffs most of her aerial approaches. If she wants to play a long, carefully zoned game... you can too.

Next, her dash attack. It hits frustratingly low, avoids most moves, and can be a great approach when mixing up her luma-less time. Except! It falls under a neat special category of moves... moves that ZSS can shield grab!
I totally forgot to mention that zair bit I think it might actually be in the video where I'd sh zair and luma who is coming to attack me with rosa behind him will get stunned, while it carries through and hits her as well.

Realized I left my game pad at that tournament I won sucks but i will have to go grab it tomorrow xD.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
So I want to circle back here and note that, in my experience playing since the patch, the 4-frame grab nerf is by far the highest impact change for us from this patch.

Honestly not feeling much of a functional difference for our combo game on the UAir/NAir/DThrow changes, aside from having to adjust a few %s.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I didn't realise, "until it was too late", how nice being able to reactively punish back rolls with dash grab was; but as expected dealing with continual back rolling on for glory has become quite a tad more frustrating.
I'm hoping that the 4 frames off doesn't actually remove any of the total range of the move... assuming it doesn't those types of punishes should still be possible we would just need to time things better (feasibly needing to act later than we did before).

Last edited:

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
I was testing grab at max range way back, and couldn't get it to grab later than frame 24. The hitbox went from frame 29 to 25 so it should definitely still have the same range at least.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I'm going to change to the Bidou control scheme next week. I'll let you guys know if I find interesting implications for ZSS.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Lastly, I may have worked out a Hype Kick III. It's got some execution barriers and I've never used it in a match. It depends on ledge cancelling, so I'm trying to finally unravel the buffered nair mystery... why do ledge cancelled flip kicks lead to buffered nairs even if you only gave the game one input?

Anyways,

Those are some small thoughts I've had over the last few weeks. I hope it helps people.

Cheers!
So I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm fairly certain that the issue is that for some reason when you hit A to perform the kick, it doesn't clear it from the buffer or something so it throws out the Nair (since it's reading "Kick" -> "You can now move" -> "Oh hey look an A input!").

Different timings seem to allow you to do whatever you want out of it, and ledge cancel FK -> Bair has become something I do a lot lately.

Fun fact, you if you kick with B while holding down you can ledge cancel Flip Kick into Flip Kick.
And on Dreamland, you can (with the correct timing) definitely go Ledge Drop -> Ledge Cancel Flip Kick (Lower Platform) -> Ledge Cancel Flip Kick (Higher Platform) -> Flip Kick if you want to style on someone while getting out of a bad spot, lol.

Also, Ledge Drop -> Ledge Cancel Flip Kick is amazing to get out of certain ledge traps, and you can even do it into things like Bair/B-Reversed Paralyzer if done correctly.

Hopefully this helped out!

One day I'll start actually labbing useful things :V

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I have been training and learning with ZSS for just over a month now. I decided I wanted to do some of my own practice and getting to grips with the character first, then look at some guides.

So, I am now at the point where I want to watch/read some good ZSS guides. Could anyone point me in the direction of a couple of good guides please? Stuff than don't just cover combos, but other things like options, or neutral would be fantastic.

I appreciate the help!

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
Nairo was using Back Throw > Bair a good amount at 2GG. Has anyone tested this since the new Back Throw in 1.1.5? It looked true on the Smashville platform because it moved him closer after the Back Throw, but he did it on stage too if I remember correctly. Could be a neat new kill confirm, or at least a mix-up.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm fairly certain that the issue is that for some reason when you hit A to perform the kick, it doesn't clear it from the buffer or something so it throws out the Nair (since it's reading "Kick" -> "You can now move" -> "Oh hey look an A input!").

Fun fact, you if you kick with B while holding down you can ledge cancel Flip Kick into Flip Kick.
And on Dreamland, you can (with the correct timing) definitely go Ledge Drop -> Ledge Cancel Flip Kick (Lower Platform) -> Ledge Cancel Flip Kick (Higher Platform) -> Flip Kick if you want to style on someone while getting out of a bad spot, lol.

Hopefully this helped out!

One day I'll start actually labbing useful things :V
We actually talked about that probably around the 3ds days or just after the wii u release.
I purposed that It was basically because the game is reading your input at that exact time.

So if you were to flip kick and then press the special button while holding the direction for flip kick, what will happen is you will instantly edge cancel with it and so since you are essentially instantly edge canceling within the same frames the game will automatically pick up the input again and buffer out another flip jump. The same goes for if you were to use the attack button instead you can do all sorts of things like nair,s fairs side B's , Possibly zairs?(not really sure atm).

Some of the ones I would probably find useful in no particular order would be
-Side B to stuff someones attempt to approach/punish ( or possibly edge guard in some wacky situation)
-Nair again for approach or even just a mix up
-Dair in case you just wanted to get away and not be up in the air since dair's landing lag isn't to bad.
-flip jump cancels -> edge guards ( i've done only a few times probably only 2x in brackets)
-Flip jump cancels -> GTF away from your opponent one I am most accustomed to using since I get bullied by a lot of players/characters xD. Most Predominately on BF I.E ledge drop down -> full hop flip jump onto the first platform-> buffered flip jump cancel on the 2nd one and once more depending on my cowardice

I have been training and learning with ZSS for just over a month now. I decided I wanted to do some of my own practice and getting to grips with the character first, then look at some guides.

So, I am now at the point where I want to watch/read some good ZSS guides. Could anyone point me in the direction of a couple of good guides please? Stuff than don't just cover combos, but other things like options, or neutral would be fantastic.

I appreciate the help!

All the guides are probably slightly outdated to be perfectly honest, Your best bet is to just try and catch up by watching as many sets as you can since the patch and take notes.
Visualization should be far superior to just reading someone else's line of thinking IMO your eyes need that combat experience built into them so you can start to learn what you should be looking for and reacting to.

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
I've been trying to play around with back throw, but only now after seeing Nairo combo it into back air I went ahead and tested it with actual DI. Turns out that if your opponent is trying to DI away from you to make down throw follow ups harder and you back throw them instead, it guarantees a back air all the way to around 90-110%. This is actually pretty big and rage doesn't screw with it too much.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I've been trying to play around with back throw, but only now after seeing Nairo combo it into back air I went ahead and tested it with actual DI. Turns out that if your opponent is trying to DI away from you to make down throw follow ups harder and you back throw them instead, it guarantees a back air all the way to around 90-110%. This is actually pretty big and rage doesn't screw with it too much.
Isn't that achievable from hardcore conditioning like possible getting grab-> down throw like 3 times and then just doing back throw immediately the 4th time or something?

Is it possible to also get this off of delayed throwing for example pummeling or just merely pausing when they are at a margin where instant mashouts are not possible (75%+).

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Finally got my first few hours of bidou in. It's like learning the game again.

1. A right hand claw grip (ring finger on R, middle finger on Z, index finger on X) fixes the issue of the gc controller not having four shoulder buttons.

2. ZSS can scar jump* to back air and hit on stage opponents. Could be a good recovery option and a way to cover buffered options opponents use to prevent her tether ledge trump shenanigans. Only works on duck hunt though.

3. Perfect pivot down smash is almost trivial. I'm so new at this control scheme that I can't recover right and I can already do this tech 70% of the time.

More to come as I work through it.

*Scar jumping is the act of releasing the edge and immediately wall jumping. Bidou controls (L for left stick, R for right stick) for a left edge scar jump look like...

R-Left --> L-Right

So long as the two are in order and not simultaneously pressed, it works.

Last edited:

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Not convinced the benefits of Bidou outweigh what we lose for it, and I suspect this is probably the case for 3/4 of the cast.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Not convinced the benefits of Bidou outweigh what we lose for it, and I suspect this is probably the case for 3/4 of the cast.
So far the greatest loss is aerial move control. I'm working on that, and will see what I can find in the next few weeks. For ZSS, gaining PP Dsmash alone might be worth the trouble. Free mid-stage grabs, damage, and flip kick followups near the edge... all great things.

There are also quite a few mobility benefits too. Fast fall to instant buffered running is really interesting, and can be done out of RAR'd moves or other aerials (of interest, fair, uair). Running out of a crawl, and dash attack out of a crawl are both really neat. I don't remember if you can grab out of a crawl, but I wouldn't be surprised. Extended dash dancing is really easy in this scheme, and there are two methods for doing it. Perfect Pivot platform drops are also an interesting option I haven't yet played with.

I want to see if runs can be buffered out of grabs to improve the viability of her B&B combo vs opponents that DI away. I also want to investigate the methods for doing turnaround & wavebounced B moves in this control scheme. If they have become any easier, that could be a good benefit as well.

I think the benefits to her ground game will be essential to her gameplay, but I think it'll take a lot of practice to really see it come to fruition.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
So far the greatest loss is aerial move control. I'm working on that, and will see what I can find in the next few weeks. For ZSS, gaining PP Dsmash alone might be worth the trouble. Free mid-stage grabs, damage, and flip kick followups near the edge... all great things.

There are also quite a few mobility benefits too. Fast fall to instant buffered running is really interesting, and can be done out of RAR'd moves or other aerials (of interest, fair, uair). Running out of a crawl, and dash attack out of a crawl are both really neat. I don't remember if you can grab out of a crawl, but I wouldn't be surprised. Extended dash dancing is really easy in this scheme, and there are two methods for doing it. Perfect Pivot platform drops are also an interesting option I haven't yet played with.

I want to see if runs can be buffered out of grabs to improve the viability of her B&B combo vs opponents that DI away. I also want to investigate the methods for doing turnaround & wavebounced B moves in this control scheme. If they have become any easier, that could be a good benefit as well.

I think the benefits to her ground game will be essential to her gameplay, but I think it'll take a lot of practice to really see it come to fruition.
We can PP Dsmash without Bidou, it's not inaccessible tech.

It's hard to argue with some of the mobility potential, and I can actually see some of the options out of crawl being useful in very specific situations.

As far as the BnB combos on away DI, a closer to frame perfect buffered run out of Dthrow isn't going to compensate for the loss of aerial mobility in executing the entire combo, but most importantly it commits us to a DI read in a situation that can and should be reaction. Wavebounced and turnaround specials are even easier than PPing already, and getting them to top-level consistency requires much less practice than adapting to Bidou.

You're doing good and useful work experimenting with this, and should see it through. I think it's just going to take a lot to convince me that Bidou is opening up genuinely new and meaningful options for us that outweigh the considerable drawbacks. My suspicion is that it's going to be not worth it for the vast majority of the cast and really insane for a handful of characters.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Bidou can help with going for those grabs and maybe some fakeout tactics

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
We can PP Dsmash without Bidou, it's not inaccessible tech.

It's hard to argue with some of the mobility potential, and I can actually see some of the options out of crawl being useful in very specific situations.

As far as the BnB combos on away DI, a closer to frame perfect buffered run out of Dthrow isn't going to compensate for the loss of aerial mobility in executing the entire combo, but most importantly it commits us to a DI read in a situation that can and should be reaction. Wavebounced and turnaround specials are even easier than PPing already, and getting them to top-level consistency requires much less practice than adapting to Bidou.

You're doing good and useful work experimenting with this, and should see it through. I think it's just going to take a lot to convince me that Bidou is opening up genuinely new and meaningful options for us that outweigh the considerable drawbacks. My suspicion is that it's going to be not worth it for the vast majority of the cast and really insane for a handful of characters.
The mobility thing should be quite real for someone like zss tbh, the ammount of times I've done soemthing and then wanted to retreat only to be slightly to slow and get cliped is just x.x .

I want to try and learn bidou possibly got edge trump -> up b but it's not on my bucket list as opposed to actually learning and implementation.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've been talking to a few prominent ZSS mains, and I may be more intense in opinion than they are but we all have similar sentiments.
I do really think the unfortunate truth is that ZSS is approaching dysfunctional due to a risk/reward now skewed against her.
I think it's pretty critical that she has essentially no safe ground or rising aerial options (can you name any other character with the same weakness?).

Shield is even more of a free answer to her since the nerfs. While before it was feasible to keep parity with a 50% grab rate, anything but majority success in this regard is going to have her lose the match because she cannot keep up with what every character can do to her in 50 frames of end lag with 15%-20 grab follow ups that in a short period of time aren't even guaranteed anymore - Diddy and Sheik arguably get just as much as she does with a fraction of the heartache.
She looks competent and viable at top level (and is!) but the way they nerfed her has made her near highest difficulty/reward stature become even more difficult with notably reduced reward.
I now believe Trifroze Trifroze was right when he originally compared these to Diddy's nerfs. Considering her option spread, she's very likely to come out worse than him.

She's still good.. but I think her ability to keep up with ever growing understanding of her counter play strictly requires you to be some of the best reactors and mix-up players in the world. And in both cases you are still going to die for messing up while proper DI or reactive dodging is so strong against her.

I'm somewhat masochistic and enjoy such challenges - to a certain extent. I'm trying to see the silver lining, truly trying to turn my grab game into some super dynamic dance around hopefully calling out the jump or dodge with something worthwhile (i.e. only up air or paralyzer, respectively being worthwhile answers for damage racking, which is saddening). But I only see a slew of 50/50s where the opponent gets more than she does for success (this being what I consider the trait of a dysfunctional character, like Jigglypuff or release Marth/swordies in general).

Would love to be proven wrong, but this patch being pure Bayonetta is giving a strong indication this will be the last patch. And from what was overall a relatively honest and not over centralizing (nor powered) character is walking on a tightrope I would not recommend to anyone who wasn't already treading it.

They heavily hit her combo abilities at the same time as significant damage reductions on her main tools, they reduced the hitbox size of her only real safe neutral tool and the duration of her only real answer to shield.
What other options do we have to explore as an alternative? We know side-b isn't one (although I'm sure a bit more can come out of it). I've been down tilting a lot more although I know the move is bad and unsafe (but it's a good anti-air thanks to the crouch and range).

Our ledge game can still be optimized and is extremely deadly with unique abilities, maybe that's the future, iono.

Last edited:

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
A part of something I posted in CCI just a few hours ago, probably relevant here:

Still not personally willing to accept that ZSS is a lower high tier with the punish game, safety and mobility that she has. You just have to master mix ups in neutral and be on point with your punishes. Can't just SHFF nair/zair and dash grab over a over, and for the sake of everything that's good, you can't miss OoS up b punishes, grab follow ups or choke when you land a down smash.

From playing this character for almost 10 months now, playing a non predictable neutral and utilizing your movement options well, reacting to people hitting your shield with OoS up b while also knowing when not to trigger it, landing those flip kicks and down smashes on your opponent's recovery when you have the chance, and constantly being aware of what's the best punish and where your opponent is going to DI after your down throws and nairs amounts to a very difficult character to play optimally.

I do think ZSS has great tools in the end, and her only real weakness, but a considerable one, is her lack of burst despite having good mobility. Her offensive bubble is smaller than it seems when dash attack is unrewarding and unsafe, usmash is unrewarding and unsafe, up b is rewarding but very unsafe, and rising aerials don't hit grounded characters. Dash grab is the only viable unreactable option she can hit a grounded character with without being stationary.

Yet her grab and the follow ups from it were nerfed. It hurts considerably by emphasizing her weakness further, but I think it was the right call, just nair really didn't need to be touched like it was and not enough compensation was given in return to all the damage nerfs. Dash grab still demands respect because 20-30% of damage is a lot for a move that hits from one third of a stage across outside of your reaction, even if she takes similar damage upon whiffing it. The risk/reward ratio most of the time is still in the ZSS player's favor, and that's simply because they're the ones who choose when they use that move and when they don't.

People learning to deal with ZSS and the nerfs hit roughly at the same timeframe, and all this happened to a character that never was overpowering to begin with. Anyone questioning this is free to look at any medium to large sample results. Not just whatever Nairo attended.

It's hard to say where I'd put ZSS now when I don't have nearly the same experience on other characters and their weaknesses, but she's far from unviable. Probably around 10th, likely on the better side of it, but she's definitely not in the top cluster anymore.
Shockingly, this is the opinion I still retain after those few hours.

The only thing I'm still frustrated about is the nair nerf, but if you compare her current nair to what it was before 1.1.1 (the shieldstun patch), it's still far better than back then. Granted, every character's every move is better than pre-1.1.1, but ZSS' nair even more so because electric moves used to be very unfavorable to the user. It's hard to imagine not being able to nair someone's face when they're in shield and still continue with 50:50 pressure.

Another thing to consider purely in terms of the ZSS' viability is that Sheik was her worst matchup and she got nerfed almost as hard as ZSS, if not as hard. Sheik just has a more consistent gameplan. Bayonetta is experiencing hard nerfs now and in my experience she was a negative matchup for us as well. Diddy is enough of a problem that I'd explicitly name him as one, but you can still very realistically win the match with a few reads at the right moments as you can with any matchup. There probably aren't many MUs we lose, in my experience Diddy, Sheik, Fox and Ryu are more or less tough with some other characters potentially being "something more than simply awkward to fight against" (basically just Greninja and Pikachu).

One thing to acknowledge about shields is that whenever the character who's weak against shields has the lead, the opponent needs to drop their shield whenever they want to change that situation. Playing from a deficit can be tough though. You definitely need to have very specific strengths as a player to do well with ZSS, but maybe that's what her mains like about it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that ZSS is probably top tier on BF and DL, because even with proper counterplay, they create windows where her grab reward is doubled or better (i.e. lost stocks for the opponent). Whiffing up b also becomes a lot safer.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
EDIT: Forgot to mention that ZSS is probably top tier on BF and DL, because even with proper counterplay, they create windows where her grab reward is doubled or better (i.e. lost stocks for the opponent). Whiffing up b also becomes a lot safer.
I love it when both are separate and strikeable in the 5-starter system.
Then the opponent must use both bans in them.
:196:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Trifroze Trifroze why do you feel that way about bf ? I like the tournament rule alternative of mii verse is better for her, since we can Tarzan under everyonce in a while for aggressive edgeguards.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I might pick up Zamus. I like Samus, but I'm tired of losing to fast characters who have better close-range. If only they'd remove Zamus and give Samus back her true power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Hey all,

Earlier today, I successfully defended my PhD. Barring some editing work, I'm finally done with graduate school. I'm looking forward to getting a job, and using that to support a more focused attack at smash bros (the travel should help too!). In the coming months I'll also be revising and completing much of the work I've left hanging around here. I have some potential research in the works, and I look forward to helping this community push this character further!

Cheers!

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hey all,

Earlier today, I successfully defended my PhD. Barring some editing work, I'm finally done with graduate school. I'm looking forward to getting a job, and using that to support a more focused attack at smash bros (the travel should help too!). In the coming months I'll also be revising and completing much of the work I've left hanging around here. I have some potential research in the works, and I look forward to helping this community push this character further!

Cheers!
My ***** my *****
Congratulations bro every one is happy for you.

Make sure to treat your self ;).

David Viran

Smash Lord
It's been a while since I've posted in here but I'm going to tbh 6 (my first tournament in like 7 months) and found out I'm in craftis's and puppeh's pool. I have little actual sonic and sheik experience and I know craftis is good at the zss mu because of marss. Idk but I just wanted to say something because this thread is dead.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ganbarou!

it goes both ways though, tons of possibly footage to observe exactly what marss does/craftis does to deal with those things for studying.

But yo, 7 month hiatus end hype.
That places you roughly around the October mark last year, coincidentally when I went for hiatus-status :p

David Viran

Smash Lord
I've watched and thought a ton about top level play of how the sheik and sonic MU's are played from like Marss and Nairo but I just don't have the feel for it due to the lack of play.

My hiatus is actually a bit longer. I went to a tournament 7 months ago, arrived late and never got to play. Funny thing is that was the first tournament of a another 7 month hiatus. So I've been out of the game for a year. Should be interesting to see how I do at TBH 6. Hope to make it out of pools buuuuut, yeah.

Top Bottom