• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Your Mario Kart 9 Thread!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Ever wanted to do a Mario Kart 9 Concept? Post them here! (I will post my own here later too!
Your Concept can be pretty Crossover heavy but it would still be Mario Kart because lets be honest Nintendo or Smash Kart WOULD Sell Worse!
So Yeah Have Fun And by the way search for the SSB Roster Maker as that makes doing Roster Easier Good Luck!

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Beyond the obvious of "Nintendo Kart" a big emphasis on racing options would be novel. Choose if you want Double Dash mode, randomized tracks ala the Excitebike course, character specific items, number of total racers, item frequency, etc.

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm gonna start off by saying I'm actually against the idea of making a Nintendo Kart; A kart-racing crossover isn't as appealing as something like Smash to me, since you have the characters in karts rather than having full space to showcase their personalities and abilities. As such, I'm only going to stick to the Mario franchise and its spinoffs when deciding this roster (with four/five exceptions).

In addition to having 64 characters, a number of them have alternate costumes ala Mario Kart Tour.

Blue incidates a newcomer to the Mario Kart series.
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Toad
  5. Toadette
  6. Daisy
  7. Rosalina & Luma
  8. Metal Mario
  9. Cappy
  10. Pauline
  11. Bowser
  12. Dry Bowser
  13. Bowser Junior
  14. Goomba
  15. Koopa Troopa
  16. Lakithunder
  17. Hammer Bro.
  18. Shy Guy
  19. Birdo
  20. Boom Boom
  21. Pom Pom
  22. The Koopalings (swap out as different sections are reached during a race)
  23. Monty Mole
  24. Dry Bones
  25. Kamek
  26. Wiggler
  27. Chargin' Chuck
  28. King Bob-Omb
  29. Goomboss
  30. Petey Piranha
  31. Madame Broode
  32. Donkey Kong
  33. Donkey Kong Jr.
  34. Diddy Kong
  35. Dixie Kong
  36. Funky Kong
  37. King K. Rool
  38. Wario
  39. Waluigi
  40. Captain Syrup
  41. Mona
  42. Orbulon
  43. Ashley
  44. Yoshi
  45. Baby Mario
  46. Baby Luigi
  47. Baby Peach
  48. Baby Daisy
  49. Nabbit
  50. Foreman Spike
  51. MC Ballyhoo
  52. Paper Mario
  53. Olivia
  54. Fawful
  55. Rookie
  56. Princess Shroob
  57. King Boo
  58. Professor E. Gadd
  59. Link
  60. Inkling
  61. Villager
  62. R.O.B.
  63. Kirby
  64. Mii
Potential DLC Packs
  • Welcome to Wario World: Rudy the Clown, Shake King, Merfle
  • Blast from the Past: Cranky Kong, Ninji, Wart
  • Paper Party: Vivian, Rawk Hawk, Dimentio
  • Bring on the Baddies: Renzor, Tatanga, Hellen Gravely
The guest characters would be hidden unlockable bonuses and not shown in promotional material. Shout-outs to Pac-Man and Geno; I wanted to include them in the base roster at first, but I wanted to stick with characters entirely owned by Nintendo.
There would be more customization options across the board; Disabling certain items/track hazards, number of racers, etc.
  • Grand Prix (Mirror Mode can now be applied to any CC after being unlocked)
    • 50cc
    • 100cc
    • 150cc
    • 200cc
  • Time Trial
  • Battle Mode
    • Balloon Battle
    • Coin Battle
    • Shine Runners
    • Bob-omb Blast
    • Renegade Roundup
    • Vs.
    • Battle
    • Time Trial
    • Tournaments (similar to Mario Kart Wii)
  • Mission Mode (similar to Mario Kart DS)
  • Emblem customization (ala MKDS, would be disabled in online play)
  • Course creator
  • Music player

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Personally, the concept of Nintendo Kart does appeal to me. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s BCP felt like a love letter to games of the past, but now it’s time for something new.

Roster:
MarioLuigiPeachDaisyRosalinaPaulineWarioWaluigi
YoshiBirdoToadToadetteKoopaDry BonesShy GuyKing Boo
Baby MarioBaby LuigiBaby PeachDonkey KongDiddy KongBowserBowser Jr.Kamek
LinkZeldaGanondorfVillagerIsabelleInkling GirlInkling BoyCaptain Falcon
SamusRidleyShulkPyraMythraOlimarR.O.B.Mii

This is very much a Mario Kart w/extra guest characters, but I didn’t want to turn of many people from the idea (considering a lot of people have a visceral reaction to more guest characters).

I think it’s possible next game could get away with having just 40 tracks (20 new, 20 retro). I’m only predicting retro tracks for now, as nitro tracks are impossible to predict with how creative Nintendo can be. (Also no 8DX/BCP retro tracks are present).

Shell CupBanana CupBell CupLeaf CupLightning Cup
GCN Luigi CircuitDS Delfino SquareNS Sunshine AirportGBA Lakeside ParkWii Dry Dry Ruins
SNES Choco Island 13DS Mario CircuitGBA Cheep Cheep Island3DS Wario’s ShipyardNS Cloudtop Cruise
3DS Shy Guy BazaarN64 Frappe SnowlandGCN Mushroom CitySNES Mario Circuit 4GCN Bowser’s Castle
Wii Toad’s FactoryNS Thwomp RuinsN64 Wario StadiumDS Airship FortessGBA Rainbow Road

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here’s my take if constraints are not really a concern.
Ideally, I’d just bring back everyone in 8DX and add a few more racers. For convenience, I’ll say Bob-Omb King, Hammer Bro, Pom Pom, Zelda, Captain Falcon, and Excitebike Rider. DLC would have Honey Queen, R.O.B., Dixie Kong, Nabbit, Tom Nook, and Octoling. Realistically, I could see the roster decrease, and I guess the Koopalings and Petey are in the most danger. Characters like Cat Peach, Tanooki Mario, and Peachette are harder to judge as they take up fewer assets, but they are also lower priority.
I think 48 courses base game would be a good new default. I’m not exactly sure how to approach this, but maybe have 2 returning courses for Tour and every game pre 7 and 8(DX), and 7/8(DX) get 3 each.
For Battle Mode, I think 5 new stages and 5 old ones sounds good to me. At least Funky Stadium would return.
I’d like some elimination game mode. Assuming elimination battle mode will not return, I think Knockout Mode would be cool where the last place racer after 30 seconds or the bottom 4 each lap get eliminated.
Outside of that, I think MK8DX has a good selection overall.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Base Roster

MarioLuigiPeachDaisyRosalinaPaulineBowserBowser Jr.
WarioWaluigiToadToadetteYoshiBirdoKoopa TroopaPiranha Plant
Donkey KongDiddy KongDixie KongTiny KongCranky KongDK Jr. Funky KongKing K. Rool
Captain SyrupMonaAshleyPenny9-Volt5-VoltDry BowserKing Boo
Mary O.LakituHammer Bro.WigglerKing Bob-ombPetey PiranhaDry BonesShy Guy
LarryMortonWendyIggyRoyLemmyLudwigNabbit
Baby MarioBaby LuigiBaby PeachBaby DaisyBaby RosalinaBaby DKBaby WarioKamek
LinkR.O.B.OlimarCaptain FalconIsabelleVillagerInklingOctoling

Free Update DLC

Metal MarioPeachetteNinjiPomPomBoomBoomChargin' Chuck

Guest DLC

Splatoon Vol. ISplatoon Vol. IIPikminKirbyZeldaAnimal Crossing
CallieShiverAlphKirbyZeldaTom Nook
MarieFryeBrittanyMeta KnightGanondorfKapp'n
MarinaBig ManCharlieKing DededeToon LinkK.K. Slider
PearlDJ OctavioLouieBandana DeeToon ZeldaDaisy Mae

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Honestly my biggest wish for Mario Kart 9 is to have no returning tracks the MK8 and it’s booster course pack just feels definitive enough that I’m not really jonesing for any tracks to come back at all since that feels like a waste

Top Bottom