• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide The Young heroes way

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
ShadowKing submitted a new guide:

The Young heroes way - The way to becoming a Melee Hero

Young Link Rank B +15 on the tier list.I believe that YL should stand at least in the A rank place his combos options that outmatch links .

YL Combos:His down throw has one of the best possible options for YL it can lead into a Nair a NA or a Bair,Bombs are his personal best item to use as combo startes and kill options like bomb to fair or bair

YL kill options:HIs best kill option is his fair off stage because you can easily knock the double jump off your enemy,bomb to dair is his must...
Read more about this guide...

Diabolical PIe

Smash Apprentice
Fair/Bair are kill moves? I can see you maybe getting a gimp with ledge hop Bair or fall off Bair. Good luck trying to kill with Fair below 150%. Combo game better than Link's? Absolutely not. Yes, his downthrow sets up for stuff, but there isn't TOO much reward and the risk is enormous. Kill power? You mean Nair at 200%.

Look, I love this character and he does have a lot of strengths, but have you ever even played him?

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Fair/Bair are kill moves? I can see you maybe getting a gimp with ledge hop Bair or fall off Bair. Good luck trying to kill with Fair below 150%. Combo game better than Link's? Absolutely not. Yes, his downthrow sets up for stuff, but there isn't TOO much reward and the risk is enormous. Kill power? You mean Nair at 200%.

Look, I love this character and he does have a lot of strengths, but have you ever even played him?
yes i have played him and bair can kill because YL has a good recovery meaning if u drag ur opponet of stage ull be able to gimp him with a bair or and fair.nair is a kill move because to nairs off stage can kill

Last edited:

Abel SSB

Smash Cadet
Bair is not the best move to kill with nair is way better and dair for punishing not sweet spot recovery

Zerat

Smash Rookie

i love how down smash is completely underrated here. and up air. First, Young Link is better than Link because he's faster, and the current metagame requires speed, not power, which is why characters like Ganondorf, Doc, and Bowser are lowtiers. Young Link has much better and safer shield pressure with bomb drops and TRIPLE AERIAL. SH Bair double jump bair into a falling nair, with a bomb bouncing on top of the shield is some INSANE shield pressure (Link can't do that). I don't agree with the guide on much. Bair doesn't kill, but gimping is so easy you just have to run off nair. Downtilt and down air aren't spikes, they're meteors. (CPUs meteor cancel them all the time) Plus his recovery is a bit better than Link's too because he can walljump after grapple (Link can't do that). Getting back to downsmash and up air. Downsmash has a horizontal angle (it can be DI'd ofc, but nonetheless, its a great angle). Stick a space animal at aroudn 80% and downsmash and they're probably off stage, which means you can gimp. It comes out fast, so you can catch people at ledge too. And up air, kills in the low to medium 100s, and if it doesn't kill, you just keep juggling. The hitbox is out for SO DAMN LONG you can just use YL's superior aerial mobility to drift into them. There's a reason Young Link is used more as a secondary/counterpick by top players (like Armada and Axe) than Link.

Top Bottom