• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Yoshi Labs

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
No I cant. I only have real wifi on the weekends. Set up tilts on c stick. Full hop buffer the up air when yorr opponent is at the right percent and then double jump into another up air.

Also try edge trumping dirrectly right after a run without stoping. Yeah its pretty hard but I found a alternative for everyone but really only usefull for yoshi.

Run> neutral L stick right on cliff>:GCDR:>:GCD:>:GCDL:>:GCL:
Result perfect easy fast edge grab.
i found u could shield roll into ledge and then do that same motion , idk how fast ur method is i may have a video on it already, i always have tilt stick for moon bouncing and control for airiels, if u have it on smash stick doing airiels carries momentum to
much but has interesting properties that could be neat to look into, i also have grav set to x and shield set to z special set to r. any ways, whats the window u have if u ets, and try grabbing the opponent if they try shielding it, theres alot of down time when using it right?

how long do u have to wait before regrabbing someone?

ima be trying out the ledge trumping to perfect it today during a match ive been needing to work on perfect sheilding and ledge trumps, what do u usually follow up a ledge trump with btw

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
i found u cod shield roll into ledge and then do that same motion , idk how fast ur method is i may have a video on it already, i always have tilt stick for moon bouncing and control for airiels, if u have it on smash stick doing airiels carries momentum to
much but has interesting properties that could be neat to look into, i also have grav set to x and shield set to z special set to r. any ways, whats the window u have if u ets, and try grabbing the opponent if they try shielding it, theres alot of down time when using it right?

how long do u have to wait before regrabbing someone?

ima be trying out the ledge trumping to perfect it today during a match ive been needing to work on perfect sheilding and ledge trumps, what do u usually follow up a ledge trump with btw
I know about the shield roll or spot dodge one. This method hhas the same outcome but is so much faster by many many frames.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
I know about the shield roll or spot dodge one. This method hhas the same outcome but is so much faster by many many frames.
who here has started to apply extended dash dancing to their yoshi play, ive been able to do it and it looks smooth but havnt used it in battle yet, thinking about using it in my yoshi play after some serious tech practice with it.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
who here has started to apply extended dash dancing to their yoshi play, ive been able to do it and it looks smooth but havnt used it in battle yet, thinking about using it in my yoshi play after some serious tech practice with it.
Its pretty good for certain situations. Its nothing like melee but its pretty good for mind games. Its not completely pointless though.

Edit: im making a yoshi video today if you want to help.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Its pretty good for certain situations. Its nothing like melee but its pretty good for mind games. Its not completely pointless though.

Edit: im making a yoshi video today if you want to help.
you know me, when im streaming im playing, im down to help out just let me know, if u have mumble installed , join my mumble server so we can talk at real time. ive also started to apply, that dash pivot thing, u know the thing that happens when u try to perfect pivot to fast with out allowing the joystick return to neutral, applying that works really well out of foxtrotting or just good for turning around with a delayed nair

Last edited:
NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
Hold left or right with the main stick, press B and the Cstick in the opposite direction on the same frame. Side B means B was pressed before Cstick, Aerial/dash attack means Cstick was pressed before B.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Anyone know how he gains all that extra momentum? The google translate doesn't help.
https://vine.co/v/OEvtKl3gUbn

Are his inputs here just for a normal wavebounce? Translation says his c stick is set to attack.
https://vine.co/v/OEg6z7X9tiV
c stick is set to attack r trigger is set to special, pretty much all u do is mash right on cstick if going left , push the r trigger if set to special at the same time u do the c stick, vise versa , or the cstick input doesnt have to be opposite if u want to do some of his other wave techs, such as running egglay, also side note, u will get a dash attack if u try to wave bounce on the ground during the initial dash animation, so just wait for that smoke to go away. so if that first video is still possible i would love life even more lmao that looks so sick i wana know how he did it even if its patched.

also what yoheking posted about (instant ledge trump tech) its freaking fast as hell. i thought the ledge trump snap back crap didnt work with yoshi but his is freaking even faster then like diddy kong or what ever, havnt seen a ledge snap back or trump as fast as this before, its not even that hard to do, walk up to ledge, [input diagnal down away from ledge, u have 1 frame to mash towards the ledge after that], if done correctly u should suprise ur self, if not ull just fall below the ledge really fast, u can do it from a run to ledge with out stopping or u can stop where the ledge catches u then input it, its just strict

muddykips showed me something online involving and egg roll jump canceled into up air kill confirm, at the ledge and at higher percent,

techs needed to be figured out,

-forward shorthop into backwards crawl,
-down b on delfino,

ive been having nightmares about yoshi multishining, having fox's voice screaming hiyyyaaaa at a close upview. just a side note.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
c stick is set tuantack r trigger is set to special, pretty much all u do is mash right on cstick if going left , push the r trigger if set to special at the same time u do the c stick, vise versa , or the cstick input doesnt have to be opposite if u want to do some of his other wave techs, such as running egglay, also side note, u will get a dash attack if u try to wave bounce on the ground during the initial dash animation, so just wait for that smoke to go away. so if that first video is still possible i would love life even more lmao that looks so sick i wana know how he did it even if its patched.

also what yoheking posted about (instant ledge trump tech) its freaking fast as hell. i thought the ledge trump snap back crap didnt work with yoshi but his is freaking even faster then like diddy kong or what ever, havnt seen a ledge snap back or trump as fast as this before, its not even that hard to do, walk up to ledge, [input diagnal down away from ledge, u have 1 frame to mash towards the ledge after that], if done correctly u should suprise ur self, if not ull just fall below the ledge really fast, u can do it from a run to ledge with out stopping or u can stop where the ledge catches u then input it, its just strict

muddykips showed me something online involving and egg roll jump canceled into up air kill confirm, at the ledge and at higher percent,

techs needed to be figured out,

-forward shorthop into backwards crawl,
-down b on delfino,

ive been having nightmares about yoshi multishining, having fox's voice screaming hiyyyaaaa at a close upview. just a side note.
Yeah that multi shine stuff was cool. Its like better then a tuant lol. Anyway yeah that crap is fast af. It works for everyone and aerials also so no need for wave bounce egg lays bruh.

Anyways I found something interesting.
Theres a diffrence between delayed jab and fast jab with yoshi.

Fast jab launches opponents upwards more.

Delayed jab launches opponents closer to the ground.

Idk about you but this is cool af. Against people like mac this is like a free gimp tool or efge guard set up.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Yeah that multi shine stuff was cool. Its like better then a tuant lol. Anyway yeah that crap is fast af. It works for everyone and aerials also so no need for wave bounce egg lays bruh.

Anyways I found something interesting.
Theres a diffrence between delayed jab and fast jab with yoshi.

Fast jab launches opponents upwards more.

Delayed jab launches opponents closer to the ground.

Idk about you but this is cool af. Against people like mac this is like a free gimp tool or efge guard set up.
any new tech discoveries?

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Actually old and new. Some I forgot about but recently remembered. Im going to research Yoshis weird grab release mechanic change to air release.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Actually old and new. Some I forgot about but recently remembered. Im going to research Yoshis weird grab release mechanic change to air release.
so what causes a person to be released straight to the ground, or to be released slightly above it? is that di or percent based, (e.g.. grab release into jab, some times it alot easier to get that jab. after gr) am
i trippin or do i have it backwards, the grab doesnt release slightly above ground but the jab will lift them away from the ground giving u an easy upsmash follow up, so if thats how it is then, is it di for the jab? or is it just percent based, character based.

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
Ground release into jab isn't guaranteed but it happens when they mash during/after (around while) you pummel them. We always air release because of the way we hold opponents, but I'm pretty sure it depends on if their feet are touching the ground.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Yoshi egg roll techniques:
http://youtu.be/ifo77IReSMY
Bidou could probably be mentioned in the OP or something.
Also crawling backwards at people to reduce Yoshi's hit box is something we're trying out right now, since it might help increase the chances of perfect shields and because Down B's hit box becomes kind of weird.
http://youtu.be/Wxvo2YMRNqM has an example match for it and in the description there's a link for the original idea.

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
I might start using crouch/crawl in neutral vs Villa so they can't do SHFF AC bairs.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I might start using crouch/crawl in neutral vs Villa so they can't do SHFF AC bairs.
It's one of those things where you can troll and be doing something useful at the same time; people should definitely give it a try

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
Idk about the backwards thing tho, it feels a little limiting and the combination of facing away + crouching makes the opponent put their guard up for any jank. We might just have to accept we have an awful hurtbox.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's why I'm still testing it out. Obviously don't use it as your only approach, but it's just something to try out for now. It might end up as niche as the egg roll shenanigans, but I just like to have something up my sleeve. This isn't a tech that Yoshi depends on, and you're not forced to use it or anything.

I'm going to try it more and more, and I'll say whether or not it helps. You'll hear it from me if it's totally useless in practice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom