• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I think he should be, but I do doubt it will happen. There are so many highly conservative players that like to keep change minimal.

and then there are those ness haters...

EDIT: Over 40 posts in less than 2 days....that's gotta be some kinda record for character specific

VilNess

Smash Champion
Well he could be like high tier in at least PAL, since Ness kinda has many even matchups, some hard ones (Marth and Peach and very good Foxes) but he also has some advantageous, like against Samus (at least slightly) and DK to name a few.
And Personally I can see a good Ness give a good ganon a run for his money too, since Fairs are not that hardd to connect with a bit of sneaking in and he kinda is vulnerable to shorthop fair combos... not to mention PK flash edgeguard.
Well Ganon has still tricks and his power that can also give Ness a headache, even literally but I don´t see Ganon having any advantage here which would make the battle uphill.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Dairs are the best, they lead into combos much better than Fairs or Bairs...which are harder to get off. (although better for KOing)

Grab, despite being cool isn't as effective as Dair or Bair. Hardest to time.

My personal preference is Trap-Box Dair> Bair.

I don't have anybody to play but I am going to a tourney next weekend..and I will probably play tomorrow with some people. (for efficiency testing)

The numbers of missed yo-yo glitches counter balances the amount of actual Trap-Boxes. Also the number of missed Trap-Box attacks...

It will be hard to mold this into a useful technique that you can pull of in play.

Anybody afraid it will be banned? Like the IC glitch? I doubt it will be...it's too simple to be banned. It has too high of an accidental occurance rate.

If anything this glitch might convince people that Ness belongs in the middle tier...although I think he already does. Not above Yoshi but not in the Low tier.

Oh...and I don't think Mow knew about this.

I also think that, for demonstration purposes, it is easiest to drop a Trap-Box against a walking Captain Falcon at 200% in training. It's better than the jumping DK. (for those of you who haven't been able to do it)

VilNess

Smash Champion
Oh I kinda just find it easiest to dashdance into the yoyo and keep the optimum range, so that you only hit with the first part and let it go a bit forward before releasing the yoyo, just like NESSBOUDNER described.

this will not be banned, there is simply no reason to it since it doesn´t freeze the game at all.

We kinda miss those trap-boxes because we haven´t practised much with it. I kinda sucked getting the traps at this days morning but in the evening I got them most of the time, though that was for experimenting, not for real battle.

like I said upsmash is easy out of dashdance and can be thrown out of shield so there is potential.

I find the grabs effective since there´s not much they can do against it, IF you got the trab-box down. no-shield >:)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Remember what NESSBOUNDER said:

Even if it is a bit difficult to pull off...unless your opponent knows exactly how it works then they won't know if you messed up or not.

Who Am I???

Smash Ace
WOW!!!!

keep this quiet. has MOAST started yet? If not someone should use this. Really. It might get a Ness far into it.

I dont think he will make top tier. Upper...maybe. High...VERY possible.

I must try this out after Analyze This and spanish homework.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I like to call it the Memory Loop, and it's so, sooooo easy to do. Even in real matches! Your opponent misses with a grab or has lag, BOMB! Hit with yo-yo and drop box!

dan smith

Smash Champion
Biggest thread on the Ness board: EVAR!

I doubt anybody is going to be sheilding a Trap-Box for a while...except for the few people who visit this board...the glitch is an unknown.

Good luck with the spanish homework WAI.

VilNess: Yeah it's not that hard to do at all after practice. I have nobody to fight until tomorrow at one though. Out of DD? Heck yeah man...

I wonder how many other glitches are in the game that nobody knows about yet. The game already has a bunch...there's no way all have been found.

Glitches that effect tiers, that says something about how important they are...but once again...I would like to say that I don't think this is going to move Ness thaat much.

Don't get your hopes too high...falling too far can kill you.

EDIT: WAI: MOAST is over...

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
High hopes may make you fall to your death, but hopes alone never helped much.

Have hopes, have faith, and never stop trying.

Along with perserverence hopes can be achieved.

Ness may not be top tier on your first try; this may be a bigger fall than you hoped to experience, but he may make it on the second or third try.

Just because we unlocked this secret doesn't mean its the last one for Ness.

dan smith

Smash Champion
True...there is still the Static glitch to completely figure out.

It must have some purpose!!

And I have utmost faith...that I will someday be the best...despite Ness low stature! It goes back to VilNess moto, playing the odds.

Don't deny the odds...overcome them.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Originally posted by dan smith

Don't deny the odds...overcome them.
Exactly.
Good results from trapping my enemies again, I grabbed a ganon half-stage away from FD and BOOM! :D

and who knows when some other things like Floorblasting and other Thnuderswell suprises become a need-to-know to be good with Ness?

Hopes are never in vain.

matta-from-subid

Smash Apprentice
villness forgot to tell about the grab clich we noticed:

when you put a trap-box in to the left side of the stairs in hyrule temple, put link between the smaal tower like structure and the trap-box, grab him from the left side of that tower, and be very lucy, youll grab link, but link is in the other side of the "tower". when you hit him, he will get off the far-grab, but if you throw him, he will theleport to ness and the throw will happen normally.

The only charter we managed to do that was link. it did not work with bowser or mario (others we haven't tryed yet).

kinda fun to look link beeing grabbed by ghost or ness grabbing a ghost.

we did not try that when ness was looking at links direction, but i think the same would happen.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
something just hit me....

Team match with team attack on....

using your teammate to set trapboxes....

pwnage ppl...

eventually ppl will be like "oh **** he set a trap! run!"

LonelyNess

Smash Cadet
secretive selfish lonelyness

What happened to keeping this quiet and small with this huge thread everyone in the world will know...

We'll loose the psycological edge we just gained.
And the competitive egde.

Imagine you pull it off in a tournament..and your enemy instead of being like what the heck just happened they're like oh thats just the yoyo glitch.

I think we should keep all the info on a pm level for a while, but thats just my opinion.

Anyway, i apologize for my selfish view on this...but i think we're just giving nesses nme's time and chance to learn how to counter it.... because if they see it comming...all they gotta do is spam or shield or jump to block. My friends have already started doing this on me...almost all my edge on them is gone.

The Cape

Smash Master
Well if you go to PM level, I would want to be informed too. I play Ness as one of my low tier chars. Also, I cant seem to get this correct. All I can do is set the trap box, and it hits the opponent, I cant decide what attack does it.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Which attack does it? You mean...up or down smash? It's most definatly up.

Are you having touble tripping the trap? IE making it do an attack other than just hitting with a yo-yo hitbox?

You have to remember where you were standing and time your attack well. You can do any non PK attack anywhere on the stage and if it is at the same time your opponent hits the Trap-Box it will set off.

And hey....Cape...you should show your face around this board more often. I didn't even know you played Ness. (you should go to the Ness Finder thread)

Simna Ibn Sind: Yeah man...I always do FFO too. I am going over to my friends house in a few minutes to practice this very same thing, team trapping.

Along with PSI Magnet this makes Ness and even better teamate.

Matta: I assume you are Simna's friend? That's a strange occurance. I am going to get my friends AR and see what is going on in depth. Once you can see the boxes I am sure it would make things much easier. Does anybody else here have AR?

LonleyNess: This glich is bigger than us man, there is no way to keep it a secret and I really don't think we should. Everybody who has been playing Ness over the years deserves this as a reward. :chuckle:

Now I am off to mess around with it, I really haven't had as much of an oppritunity to explore this glitch as some of your have. (those of you who live with people who play Smash)

Hopefully when the day is done I will have something new to say about our little glitch.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Eh Matta is my bro and we did lotsa research on this yoyo-glitch. :D
Even if your enemy knows about this and sees when you do it you´ll most likely hit them up with the strong hit of upsmash and with little practise you should be able to get your enemy in the death-line so you can aerial the enemy and KO!

Who Am I???

Smash Ace
well i tried doing it.

You just hit them with one hitbox of the yoyo, right? I was trying to on 150% on DK. He would jump. I would hit him with the yoyo while it charged, he would fly up, and i would let it go. Then I would run and try an attack. Wouldnt work.

What am I doing wrong?

VilNess

Smash Champion
WHo am I you need to get your enemy in the middle of you and Ness, which I call the death-line.
because whenever your enemy is in this line you are able to attack or grab him.
if your enemy is at decend % you will knock them enough up that they won´t have time to go "untrigger" (lack of englis here :p) the trap before you get them in the death-line.
just my opinion.

The Cape

Smash Master
Originally posted by dan smith
And hey....Cape...you should show your face around this board more often. I didn't even know you played Ness. (you should go to the Ness Finder thread)
Ness isnt a main persay, but I could post there.

I had trouble TRIPPING the trap box was all. I can lay it, and it hurts them when they walk into it, but thats it.

Who Am I???

Smash Ace
Originally posted by VilNess
WHo am I you need to get your enemy in the middle of you and Ness, which I call the death-line.
Between me and Ness. Am I fighting a Ness? I think I get it though. Cuz between me and Ness is in my mom's words "death line" cuz mah room is sorta craplicious right now.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Ehh sorry fo the stupif typo, Imeant get your enemy between the trap-box and Ness :D
The death-line will go straight towards Ness always, so keep this in mind when trying aerials.

LonelyNess

Smash Cadet
yeah we plugged it into ar turns out my friend had one...

the "death line" actualy draws a small red line from the hitbox to nesses attack... we cant see any actual motion of the hit box...because its motion happens entirly in one frame... but the motion it there because it moves people in their light shield towards you.

also got ness to teleport to the glitch
moving across the stage in 1 frame...

also..if you teleport while doing an attack ex. bair
then you hit everyone inbetween...just like the deathline but with more range...
i cant pull it off with the bat too much lag on the bat...

i've only done this once or twice

same with the pk flash deathline...

maybe someone else can fiure out precisely how

dan smith

Smash Champion
The Ness of tommorow!

I need to get an AR tomorrow.

I need to be able to understand this deathline better.

Today I went to my friends house and I tried to show him and I couldn't get it to work!! I tried at least 20 times...

Then I came home and did at least 20 perfect glitches.

:confused:

WAI: Try a walking DK instead?

I wish I could make vids...If you drop the box and then jump back or forward and up in the just the right way it gives you a perfect deathline for a Bair.

Bair is my favourite now.

I have become skeptical about it's application...but I still love it to death. For the time being however I am not going to excessively UpSmash in order to try and glitch. Once I get better I will incorperate it but now it just has too many failures to be worth it.

I also almost always get it on an enemy at high %s...so it dosen't really matter how I kill them. I might as well do a Back Throw rather than set a Trap-Box and time a perfect Bair along the deathline.

In the future it may be a staple move for Ness players...but the future has yet to arrive.

Who Am I???

Smash Ace
WOW!

I did it! With bair. This si great. Wonder why Mow hasnt posted yet? I still want a vid though. I did it on a mario and a dk. This is great.

Dont worry about this getting popular. I mean who checks ness forums?

I anna try the teleport thing! How do you do it?

dan smith

Smash Champion
Simna made a vid with it, you can get that on the DC++ hub.

And yes, it is great.

Glad you got it WAI.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a little bit of trouble with Ness's Yo-yo glitch.

I've gotten it to work once with a Dair.

For practice I'm going to watch Simna's video of it.

I'll post if I can get it to work consistantly.

dan smith

Smash Champion
You'll get it eventually Koopa Bros.

It took me a while also...that's why this thread exsists. To expose the world to the glitch and teach them how to do it.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
brilliant. just a few questions:

- you were talking about it working on Shy Guys, etc. Is this true? In addition, is this applicable against fallen needles and arrows (you know, the ones that lag up your attacks because they landed in some spot and you lose a little time hitting them)?

- let's see if I completely understand this. You lay the trap, and you use an attack. You have just one chance. If the opponent is between you and the hitbox, they get hit. Right? If they attack the hit box, it clanks. Does the clank take away the hit box as well?

dan smith

Smash Champion
The clank will eliminate the Trap-Box.

If you layed the Trap-Box properly the glitch shouldn't miss but it is possible.

I doubt it would work against fallen Arrows or Needles...because they wouldn't give way to allow a first only hit.

Shy Guys actually probably work. I should check this out.

You have to realize how difficult it would be to utilize this though, Shy Guys are on one level...only come about every once in a while AND don't always fly low enough. It's very situational.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
The vid is NOT called "Yoyo Glitch"

That vid is a prehistoric vid of the yoyo glitch before its execution wa discovered....back when ppl thought it was a freak occurence.

The new vid is called "Simna ibn Sind's Guide to PK Thunder NTSC"

It has PK Thunder info and yoyo glitch clips.

I can see this becoming common in team battles very soon

As far as 1-1s go...this is still new and needs to be practiced...it will be used as soon as people know when to use it.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Yeah...oh...

That's what I thought...but somebody said they were downloading a vid called "Yo-yo Glitch".

I guess they downloaded THE WRONG VID.

I feel stupid for giving out the wrong name...

VilNess

Smash Champion
Hey for using the yoyo-glitch in 1vs1 or 2vs2 for that matter I suggest doing the Y-G they way me and NESSBOUNDER do it, like hitting the enemy with the strong part and charging the yoyo sitll a bit more so it leaves the trap when your enemy is knoced up from the strong part of yoyo (needless to say easier and safer at higher %)

so it seems there are at least 2 ways to do it.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Originally posted by Xaron Fisk
WHAT THAT HELL DID I JUST WATCH??

OMFGZ NESS IS TOP TIER

Yay4Satisfied Customers

EDIT: Wow...this is some popular stuff^_^ this thread has been up how long? 4 or 5 days?

it already has more posts in it than both mine and NESSBONDER's guides

Top Bottom