• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

dan smith

Smash Champion
This is an up to date explanation of the YYG provided to me by Reik. The original content of this post will follow for reasons historical preservation.

The Yo-Yo Glitch

Setting Up the Glitch

* The easiest way to set the YYG hitbox is to hit the enemy with only the first hitbox of Ness' U-smash, charge it a little, and then release it slightly after Ness flashes yellow ONCE. (The enemy will be knocked up and away a decent distance)

NOTE: It's difficult to describe the timing for the YYG. If you need to see it in action, watch Simna's Guide to PK Thunder Volume 2 and fast forward to about 3:30.​

* Another way to set the hitbox is to hit with the 2nd part of the U-smash when the Yo-Yo creeps forward and is charging. (Extremely little knockback, this method is not recommended)
* The hitbox itself appears on the ground at Ness' feet just as the U-smash animation ends. If the backswing of the U-smash hits anything, the YYG hitbox will not be set.

NOTE: The hitbox is invisible. Your opponent will take about 4 damage if he walks into it and your next hit will be a Ghost Hit.

Hitbox Recall (The Deathline)

* Only A-button attacks, grabs, and PKTM can recall or 'trigger' the hitbox.
* Only the original owner of the hitbox can recall it.
* When recalled, the hitbox takes on all characteristics of the attack used to recall it. The hitbox also elongates to form a line between itself and Ness. This has been dubbed the "Deathline." Anything in the path of the Deathline will be hit (unless the attack used was a grab... then only the enemy closest to Ness will be grabbed).
* The elongation occurs for the first frame only, then the hitbox returns to normal size and attaches to Ness for the rest of its duration.

Stuck Hitboxes (Jackets)

* If the recalled hitbox is U-air, D-air, or PKTM... contact with the ground at ANY time while the hitbox is out (it doesn't have to be during the Deathline frame) will extend the duration of the hitbox. For example: You can stick Ness' D-air to his body and hit someone just by walking into them. These are called the 'Jackets.'

U-air = Star Jacket
D-air = Spike Jacket
PKTM = Thunder Jacket

Basically, you have to cancel the attack animation somehow while the hitbox is still active to equip a Jacket. Therefore, sweetspotting the ledge during PKTM will extend the duration of its hitbox the same way as an aerial floorblast.

NOTE: All jackets are invisible.​

* Once you have a jacket equipped, you can swap it for another one using the same method you would for equipping it. It's common to set the hitbox, equip the Spike Jacket, then run to the edge and swap to the Thunder Jacket. If anyone jumps out to edgeguard you while you're equipping the Thunder Jacket, they will automatically be spiked by the Spike Jacket.
* There are 2 types of Thunder Jacket, depending on when you cancel the PKTM: The Point-Blank hit (25%, big hitbox) and the Other hit (20%, smaller hitbox).
* If a Jacket comes into contact with a player, that player will take damage from the attack ONCE. The hitbox will remain stuck to Ness until a move that can recall the hitbox is used (or until you die).

IMPORTANT NOTE: The very next hitbox used after a Jacket hits a certain player will NOT hit that player. This is called a "Ghost Hit." For example: If F-air is the next attack used after hitting with the Spike Jacket, the first of the 5 sparks will not affect the opponent.​

* If a Jacket hits 12 other targets it refreshes and can hit a target it has already hit once again.
* While Ness is on the ground, Jackets have priority like regular attacks. An attack of equal or greater priority will take away the Jacket's ability to do damage to the player who 'broke' the Jacket. (You will know when this has happened because Ness will flinch) In the case of projectiles, the Jacket will no longer block that type of projectile, and you will still be able to hit the opponent. A projectile can still 'break' a Jacket if Ness is in the air, but he will not flinch.

NOTE: Jackets do not block all types of projectiles.​

* The Thunder Jacket has greater priority than the others and has the biggest hitbox. Even so, the top half of Ness' head is not covered by it. Facing away from the opponent and crouching will almost completely protect you, though.

Extended Jackets (Special Yo-Yos)

* Ness' U-smash and D-smash will take on the characteristics of an equipped Jacket from the start of the animation until the first hitbox. (That means it comes out on the first frame. The U-smash comes out behind and slightly above Ness, while the D-smash is directly in front) These are called the Star Yo-Yo, Spike Yo-Yo, and Thunder Yo-Yo.
* The special Yo-Yo's hitbox will turn back into the normal Yo-Yo hitbox as soon as the normal hitbox would usually come out. This means that in order to hit with it, you have to hit with the very first part of the animation.

NOTE: Whether you hit or miss, the Jacket will be gone afterward.​

* If you hit an enemy with an uncharged U-smash of any of the special Yo-Yo's, another YYG hitbox will be dropped on the ground. This means you could hit someone with the Thunder Yo-Yo and immediately equip the Spike Jacket afterward to finish the job.

Dropped Jackets (YYG Traps)

* If you can cancel the U-smash or D-smash animation while the Special Yo-Yo hitbox is still active, it will drop on the ground. For example: You can drop the Thunder Jacket on the ground as a trap for your opponent to walk into.
* Some ways you might try to do this are: Platforms that disappear from under you, Falco's lasers, or anything else that will hit you through the Special Yo-Yo.

NOTE: It's nigh-impossible to pull this off successfully in a 1 vs. 1 match.​

* This new dropped hitbox can still be used like the very first YYG hitbox in that you can use it for a Deathline or a new Jacket.

Glitching up Stages and Projectiles

* There are several stages where you can use parts of the level to set the YYG hitbox.

Green Greens - The star blocks
Peach's Castle - The switches (no charge needed)
Yoshi's Island - The flippy blocks
Icicle Mountain - The big ice blocks
Mushroom Kingdom II - Birdo

* Certain projectiles stay in the ground for a moment after a character uses them. These can be YYG'd.

Sheik's needles
Link's arrows
Young Link's arrows

Thoughts
As cool as the YYG sounds, it is not extremely useful in a real match. In order to hit someone with a Deathline you'd have to U-smash them (which is difficult in itself) and then run behind them without attacking to make sure they're in the path of the hitbox. The Thunder Jacket, while incredibly powerful, takes very long to equip and can still be disarmed by shielding.

Teams may be another story, since you can glitch off your partner.

Personally I don't even bother going for the YYG anymore unless I'm sandbagging or trying to show off. Or unless I counterpicked Green Greens.

THE ORIGINAL FIRST POST:

The combined efforts of VilNess, LonleyNess, and myself have come to fruitition.

I waited a while incase either of them wanted to post about it...

It's fairly simple though...so I thought I would just lay it down for people who weren't part of the process.

The glitch occurs when you hit with a CHARGED UpSmash (no C-Stick) but only hit your opponent once. It may sound easy but if you charge it the opponent basically gets sucked into a second and maybe even third hit.

The easiest way to get only the first hit of a charging UpSmash in is to damage your opponent to high enough damage. It varies for each character...but for example...DK needs to be around 150% to get a reliable Glitch on him.

Once DK is at high enough damage you simple have to start charging an UpSmash underneath DK and he will fly up into the air. Releasing the yo-yo simultaneously is not crucial. If DK flies up and dosen't hit the second hitbox...and it was ineed a correctly charged UpSmash...Ness will drop his second hitbox onto the ground. These invisible yo-yo hitboxes act as booby traps and last seemingly until touched by an opponent.

Ness (you) can walk through the trap-box without even knowing it's there.

You can only lay one "Trap-Box" at a time.

When an NME hits your Trap-Box you can do any attack (except for PK moves...may differe by version) and this attack with translate to your Trap-Box. For example...you can be accross the stage when they hit the trap and if you Dair at that moment they will pop up.

If they are on a direct line between you and the Box this will also work. Try grabbing an NME between you and the trap! Ness suddenly has the longest grab range in the game!

If you have mulitple NMEs inbetween you and the Trap-Box you can also chain your attacks along all of these players. If you have 3 NMEs inbetween you and the Trap-Box....Dair the closest NME and the other two will get hit also.

The hitbox is dropped one of three places along the cource of Ness' UpSmash. (from what I personally have observed)

1. Near Ness himself, the hitbox is dropped as Ness is putting away the yo-yo. Why exactly is not know...by me...

2. At the end of the UpSmash...where the yo-yo lay while charging. Why it lands here and what is involved in in causing this placement, unknown. I have only seen a few of these.

3. Behind Ness...when his yo-yo lands after the half circle of the UpSmash. Why this happens, once again, unknown. I have only seen this once though and it was a strange occurance. I hit with 3 hitboxes all the way around the UpSmash instead of the standar one. What this means?...no frickin' idea...

So that is the meager detail we have on that part of the issue.

Well...that's that!

Enjoy laying yo-yo hitboxes Ness players.

The future? We need to figure out how to do this...effectively.

Peace.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Whoa Nice Work DAN!
Dan is ready to go Melee back-room :D

okay: there might be a vid of me in hub, something called VilNess vs NOK (ness vs Peach) where I accidently pulled off the yoyo-glitch, since there prolly is no such thing as pocket hit.

heh I´ve been messing around more with Doc´s double-sh-aerial and Fastest Floorblast, but i´m going to see if this could work.

nice info about the glitch killing the upsmash!:crazy:

This thing could definetly work as a setup-move.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Don't forget about LonleyNess! The new kid on the block.

He took the last few, very important, steps. He spent hours seeing which number of hits constitued a successful glitch.

Which is great because after playing hours myself watching the behaviour of the glitch...and getting only half way there...I was not feeling up to another looong session of Training Mode. After a while the yo-yo noise gets really annoying.

Now we just need to fill in a few gaps in the logic and we can make a full fledged FAQ.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
That's beautiful, dan and lonely

truly

That trick is godly...I don't know how often a person would be able to pull it off in a real match....but i was doing it on a lvl3 DK....he would walk into my yoyo...then i would release it and stand there doing nothing...then he would punch be and his fist would clank with the hidden yoyo

you guys are geniuses....im showing this one off at MLG SF

Here is something to try that I found fun using on DK: charge your opsmash over the edge while he is recovering...as soon as he runs into it after he gets hit release it...then let him get up and the hidden yoyo will be sitting on the edge waiting for him....muahahaha

EDIT: It also seems that while the opponent is being popped up by the hidden yoyo they cannot be hit with other attacks....as if for a second all of Ness' attacks can't hit the opponent...except one: FAir

happy happy joy joy

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah, Simna owns after this :D
Nice to know someone new here (though not new to game) sees effort to discover new things.
Good job to LonelyNess too!

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
About that chart....

I think it would be pretty hard to land on any human player (i tried with my brother who plays falco)

Not nearly the same as a CP who walks into it.

Against human players it is easier to do as an edgeguard or in a place where they will land on it...just don't expect human players to walk into it unless you are pulling some serious mind games.

LonelyNess

Smash Cadet
hey you guys new news on the glith this morning

you can move the box around it follows you...

ok heres how...

lay the hit box down

then move somewhere else on the screen

use an attack the hit box will fly towards ness... this is alot harder to do but is worth it and here's why...

you can do any attack... bair...fair.. dair...

as the hit box flies through them it will do that attack on them

so you can bair them from the other side of the stage... or combo of an invinsible dair...

its amazing work on it....it prolly works with pk fire too, but i havent tested it cause ive gotta go to school..any questions just pm me or something

LonelyNess

Smash Cadet
sorry double post but this is important...
ok

it works with every attack...

i just did it with pk flash and it KO'd the three other people on the screen

whoever said the yoyo glitch wasnt cool is stupid.

4 pk flash on the screen at once is soo cool

and im the first one to ever see or do it

awesome

ness is a killer
muhahaha

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do any of you think that this could be used in team matches.

Also if the only reason that the Glitch can only be done at certain Percentages is that the other two hits dont go through and thus the hit boxes are droped, Perhapes this can be performed on a character fresh off the respawn cloud. It might still count as a hit maybe and all three Hit boxs could be droped that way.

but you all are freakin geniuses for finding this I am in aww and im not even a ness player.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Originally posted by LonelyNess

4 pk flash on the screen at once is soo cool

This.... can´t be...true...
...Or I just can´t believe it... :crazy:

AMAZING! 4 FLASHES :D

ok. btw a question. if this is true and you use an attack does it make the hitbox go away? like you leave a yoyo glitch and walk away, then when you like bair the hitbox goes away even if you miss???

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
First off I would like to say congratulations and good job. Honestly you have no idea how much it means to me that you are willing and able to come up with stuff like this.

Myself, I don't have time to research and develop new ideas. I barely have time to work on my game. Too much going on in my life. The fact that you guys are willing to come together and find something like this means a lot to someone like me who wishes he could but can't. Especially with Ness. :)

Now to the topic at hand. With this technique do you have to hit a player? How about a shy guy, or the tentacle things on Brinstar. I'll try helping you guys test this out in anyway I can. This can/will be huge. Especially with the second developemnt LonelyNess discovered. Very nice job Lonely.

Attempts to think up other ways to use this effectively.

LonelyNess

Smash Cadet
answer to villness question is yes... it uses that hitbox...

the way object oriented programming works is it reintializes and defines variables...so basically it recycles to save memory...

so it needs that hitbox to do another attack...which unfortunatly...acording to what i think you cant lay multiple boxes down... because to do so you would need to use an attack...which would send that box flying towards ness because it is needed. Dan: I think this is why your yoyo went through the other guy... right then the yoyo was just a graphic...and the actualy hitbox was flying toward you through the air, ...maybe...

However it's brilliant idea with using shy guys and tentecals...im pretty sure thats possible...but i'll test it out today or tonight or something.

Also this hit box chinks out most attacks...which happens alott in the testing because the cpu ended randomly attacking and and chinking on the invisible hit box...

yes to have to hit someone/thing to drop the glitch ...that box only appears after the first cantact with the yoyo is made.

yeah this would be cool in team battle you could glitch your teammate...he could protect you while you bair everyone on the screen or something...but it would be really tricky to use in anybattle...and would require alot of trust the the glitch worked...because it's invisible

dan smith

Smash Champion
I see no reason it wouldn't work on a non NME object. (Shy Guy, Tentacle, etc.)

And the guy who said it was stupid was Mow...but you can't blame him for giving up on it. The only reason I wanted to figure it out is because I was jealous of the Ice Climbers. Their glitch is still cooler. :(

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Yah, I was called brilliant.

I was thinking of all the locations this might be used on instead of characters. Just ideas..

ShyGuy
Tentacle
Blocks - in Any MK stage
Turnips
Birdo
Switches on Peaches Castle

Does the up smash cancel out projectiles. It has been too long since I played. If so you may, just may, be able to use it on projectiles. Kind of stretching that one.. If I have time I will try. Hope some of this helps.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah the yoyo-cancels pretty good way Samus missiles :p

keep it coming! I practised yoyo-glitching today but I rarely got it, and then I usually used the hitbox at the same attack (which looks like the pocket hit)
man, we need a Ness terminology thread...

MediocreGamer

Smash Cadet
Amazing..I'll have to incorperate this into my game, and try to get it to work..*taking notes* And to think I missed out on this awsome discovery!! I need to get an AR or something...*sighs* Anyway, I'll see what I can to to help the furthering of this glitch, trying it on other characters, etc etc, I want to become INVOLVED! Go Team ness!! XD

On a side note, wouldn't it be scary if two Ness's pulled off the Yo-Yo glitch with a PK Flash?

LonelyNess

Smash Cadet
AR?

lol that would be scary...

two nesses doing glitches would be cool..
dansmith vs lonelyness
we both sit and do nothing because we're trying to freakin hard to glitch

so far we've all been doing this without AR

what is AR?(seriously i have no idea)

hmm if someone has it and it could help explain things even more that would be cool....

dan smith

Smash Champion
One small step for a Boy, one huge step for Boykind.

I use the UpSmash to cancel out Missiles...not sure if it works on all projectiles but I severly doubt Needles, Fox Blaster, and Arrow can get stopped.

I think we should name the extremely powerful abuse of this glitch something rather than "Yo-yo glitch".

The Yo-yo glitch is the basic setup of dropping the hitbox. (A Trap-Box)

The multi-player attack should be called...

Yo-yo Decimation? Yo-yo Recall? (it's not that important but I would like for them to have different names)

The meathod of killing multiple players is very cool but in the end the regular Yo-yo glitch is, of course, much more useful.

The Recall glitch is best for impressing people, because it is hard to do. (easiest in training with a Jumping DK who you can then multiply)

The yo-yo glitch is good for tripping up opponents.

It would be a pain if whenever we talk about using the yo-yo glitch (in game, efficiently) some n00b (no offense n00bs) would post about how cool the yo-yo glitch is...because it kills everybody. We need to keep the concepts seperate.

What I am most interested in, actually, is if you can leave Trap-Boxes on the ledge of the stage. I will actually go try this soon. (or maybe LonelyNess wants to test it for me? :chuckle: )

It's a pain you can't leave more than one Trap-Box...but it explains why my UpSmash went lame after setting the glitch up.

We also still need to make a reliable chart for character %s. That's actually what I am going to go do now...

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
About the moving hitbox...

what nme were u using it on? i try it on comps but i dont get a chance to try thing on it like PK Flash because they just run over the hitbox before i get a chance to

so far i've only been able to detonate it with FAir and NAir....and also once accidently with utilt....

EDIT: I gotta find a human to use this on....my brother now refueses to play vs. me

maybe Milk will play...^_^

Oh yeah....glitch does not work off of projectiles....you can however set the glitch and then it will block an oncoming projectile (tested on Luigi's B)

LonelyNess

Smash Cadet
lol just plug in a controller and let the guy stand there and do nothing..he doesnt need to do anything for it to work

it will take alot of ingenuity for it to work in real battle though

dan smith

Smash Champion
Simna: try it on a DK at 150% in training...make him jump and then charge the smash and let him land on it.

That's the easiest way to drop a box.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
idle human....*smacks head*

of course lol

I'll try that in training mode...with the CP....but like the PKTB i have only been able to do it in vs. mode and not training mode

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I so hope this works with PAL version...

This is how the PAL u-smash works=

HITBOX #1: knocks the opponent over your head. Even if you charge, this still pops up the opponent, meaning that you simply can't hope to combo with the charge of the yo-yo. 6 damage. -_-'

HITBOX #2: Yo-yo creeps forwards a bit. Weak hitbox makes the opponent flinch. does about 2 damage, and the only hitbox that allows a possible combo (2nd hitbox and then instantly release charge)

HITBOX #3: same as hitbox 2, happens about half a second later, giving your opponent time to hit you with a fast attack. No combo. (rrr!!)

HITBOX 4: yo-yo stops charging and knocks opponent into the air. Releasing yo-yo during charge automatically activates this hitbox.

So which hitbox is it that makes the glitch? If it's no 1, then I don't see why it's so hard to hit only with this one, seeing as it pops your opponent up. I'll experiment.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
sorry to double post, but I had to!

JUMPIN GLOIVIN, THIS IS SOME FUNKY SHIZZ WE HAVE HERE!!!

Glitch works in PAL version. Charge the u-smash at your opponent and they should fly away. Now, just as the yo-yo is creeping forwards, but before Ness starts flashing, release the button. Ness has just dropped a hitbox.

Attacking automatically causes the hitbox to fly at you, so attacking immediately won't be very effective. You need to get your opponent between you and the hitbox, which becomes that of any non-projectile attack (no PK flash, I'm afraid) including PK WHATEVER!!

Here is a list of the approximate damages that your opponents have to be on in order to glitch them:

Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Gannondorf, Falco, Fox, Kirby, Samus, Sheik, Link, Y. Link, Mewtwo, Marth, Roy
= 0% :D

Peach, Zelda = 10%

Yoshi = 40%

DK,Pichu, Mr. Game and Watch = 120%

Pikachu = 65%

Jigglypuff = 70%

OH YEAH!

Now the Yo-yos are alright for edgeguarding! Glitch a recovering opponent, jump out over the edge of the stage and recover using the @s$blast! If your opponent is looking to edgeguard you, they'll get struck by the flying hitbox if they're not careful. What's even nicer is the fact that you can fake a glitch, using just a normal up smash. your opponent will expect the flying hitbox, but there simply won't be one.

This is such a tasty trick! It's going straight into my guide. You guys are AWESOME to figure this out! It's so easy to do, even in a real battle!

However, I can't seem to drop multiple boxes because as soon as I attack, they fly at me. Oh well.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Whoa Thanks for the PAL input, NESSBOUNDER!

I feel kinda bad I haven´t put much work into this as you others.

NESSBOUNDER:
can you be more specific about those percentage info. Like do you mean you can glitch a Mario/mewtwo/marth... at much over 0% and a DK much away from 120%'

btw. does the flying hitbox can be seen?
I remember about month ago I accidently pulled this on my bro Marth with upsmash->dsmash and I didn´t see anything.

EDIT:
YEAH! this glitch isn´t actually any hard to pull of at all and it seems the percentage doesn´t matter unless you meant like for jiggs it works after 70% and for marth after 0% (=always) since I was messing around with my bro and comp. lvl. 9 marth and all it requires is hit with the first part and just let it charge the right amount of time.

I recorded a pretty funny vid where I blasted a jiggs to the sky at the other side of the stage in FD with PK missile, boy was it fun! too bad my connection doesn´t allow me to share it but I think this will be recorded sometimes...

I personally think this can change Ness metagame a bit if we just explore enough with it. because it isn´t that hard to do and you can smash your enemy with bat facing away from them at half-stage away :D too bad if your opponent knows about this. :p

another question:
It seems the Trab-box doesn´t always appear the moment it is left out.. could anyone try to explore with this appearing since it´s not realiable to rely on 1 source.

GO NESS! Fuzzy YOYOS!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Oh, sorry. Those stats mean you can glitch the opponent at the given percentage or higher. So Mario can be glitched at any percentage, but Yoshi needs to be at 40% or higher for the move to work.

As for the flying hitbox, it is invisible. Which makes it so darn cool! Say for instance you glitched Mario and you ran all the way across the screen, and Mario was between you and the hitbox and you were facing away from him. Then you grab, and immediately, Mario disappears and reappears in your hands from across the stage. The flying hitbox travels in a straight line towards you and copies the exact effect of the move you use. It is instant, meaning that it passes across the entire stage in 1 frame.

AWSME!!

VilNess

Smash Champion
TOTALLY AWESOME!

I think were all a bit freaking out here... but man this IS AWESOME!

I was just exploring what you can do practically with this here´s one trick.
1st: yoyo-glitch them. (I did against Marth) preferably center stage
2nd: run past them so it leaves your enemy in the middle of the trap and you
3rd: if your enemy stands up after being knoced down (but they usually 2nd jump though) just dair! They have no friggin idea why did they fly up because ness was far away! COMBO TIME!

so excited :)

whoa sorry I didn´t read your whole post i was too excited :p
anyway that grab has got to be one of the best possibilities!
I´m gonna try that in just a moment. just becasue it passes shields and such!
this WILL change NESS´s metagame!
maybe a little but hey you don´t need every trick in every match... but this is so cool!

edit4: Okay done more testing:
It seems that performing the yoyo-glitch will leave the booby-trap anywhere and it won´t leave until it´s been run into or until you use an attack. And when you use an attack the hitbox will go straight towards Ness. This means that you have to know where you left the trap in orded to hit someone if you don´t feel like hittim the in flat-land. For example In Hyrule temple you can leave booby-trap in the uppest part over the death-zone (the long platform), then make your enemy go under the platform and you go in the deathzone so it leaves you enemy just in middle of you and booby-trap. I tried bat and it worked. then I tried grab but we ended up performing another glitch, where my enemy in the middle of boobytrap and me just weirdly jumped unconsiously, like it was grabbed but wasn´t grabbed?
It Seems Ness has just gotten the Best grab-range from the worst, YEAH!
oh. btw. in yoshis island you can leave a booby-trap in the cloud and it will stay there even if the could dissapears. or until you trigger it.

Oh and for PK attacks (flash, thunder, fire and magnet) the boobytrap will NOT trigger, except for PK missile so keep this in mind. I PK fired my enemy and then triggered a bat into him so this proves it too. and if you perform an NON-aerial Floorblast the booby-trap will not trigger. but for the aerial missile it works.

edit 3: okay just tried the glitch to grab, AND IT WORKS!
A FRIGGIN FREE FTHROW AT CORNERM THIS IS BROKEN! :D:D:D:D

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Lol VilNess

This is loads of fun....here is something i was able to pull off:

set the hidden box then jump above the nme's head and fair

if done in just the right position the hidden box will hit the nme with a fair and knock him/her into your fair

Also: Double Damage Attacks-->

set a hidden box then quickly rolldodge or WD to the other side of your opponent and immediately hit them with an attack...that attack will hit on both sides and deal 2x dmg(great for FSmash, FTilt, UTilt, DjC NAir, and DjC UAir)

but i still just like setting the hidden hitbox and then just standing there...the opponent attacks and I say "HAHAHAHAHA YOU ARE WEAK! I GUARD YOUR ATTACKS WITH MY FACE!"

VilNess

Smash Champion
WITH MY FACE lol :p
yeah it´s funny, though I´m in love with those grabs now, since they pass their shields.
Oh and I edited my last post.
I kinda tried puuling this off in real matches against my bros... and sometimes succeeded!
I was able to suprise dair them, though now my bro knows mostly how to avoid these things, but even then I succeeded. I can imagine the face of someone who doesn´t know about this and you grab or bair from the other end of the stage :D

oh btw. We tested leaving a booby trap and having 3 characters in the middle of the trap an Ness.
If you use an attack it will hit ALL of them. It looked really funny when I batted 3 chars. facing away from all of them.
but when you try to grab you will only grab the char that is closest to you, weird but logical.

and another thing yet. Hitting your enemy with PK thunder will not set up us the bomb... er... I meant the booby-trap will not trigger and create the death line.

btw. I think now that we have new terms we should think of a name for them.

Booby trap for the previous yoyo-glitch?
and Hit/Death Line for the straight line that is between Ness and the boobytrap when Ness uses an normal attack or a grab, or even PK missile.
How about it?

oh btw. In my previous post I meant yoshi story 64, not the tourney stage.

The Cape

Smash Master
I have tried this, but I can only get the hitbox to hit when I am jumping. Anyway you can make a demonstrational video?

dan smith

Smash Champion
Yar! Gold!

I would make a video if I had that capability. If I make a video it will be incredibly low quality.

I will try though.

VilNess: "Booby trap for the previous yoyo-glitch?", I call them Trap-Boxes.

And yes, you can do the yo-yo glitch on any character at any % given the right situation. Fox and Falco are very easy to get 0% on...but pulling it off dosen't become easy until high %s. (Ex: DK -150%)

"I think were all a bit freaking out here... but man this IS AWESOME!"...not to be a bummer...but you will calm down eventually. The Recall glitch (the one that can kill 3 opponents at once) does indeed take your breath away but is not really as useful as you may first think.

Trap-Boxes are the gold in this mine.

Don't get crazy people...it's not like...Ness and his playing style has been altered forever in inconceivable ways...or something. (Sarcasm?)

VilNess

Smash Champion
Well that was just the feeling after succeeding for the death-line first time, so it was fun :D and yes I was overreacting a bit :p
But I can see this as working in normal battle too, since I did succeed with it a few times.
and if you have precise-sight and good control on Ness you know where the trap-box is and you can connect a DjC.d aerial so that your enemy in air hits the deathline from a, say bair.

I like to think the most useful thing here is those death-lines,since you can practically grab your enemy anywhere in FD if he´s on ground.
but maybe that´s just me.

btw. We experimented some more, you can use the death-line/recall on items like home-run bat and lasersword.

and one funny thing is that if you have left a trap-box and you break your shield and your enemy walks into the trap-box or otherway breaks it you´ll be back to normal instantly. :p
this also works to remove lag from moves like PK thunder but at least in PAL the thunder dissapears if the trap dissapears.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
This makes my job soooo much easier.

I was planning on moving Ness up to at least high tier and now this thing comes along.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets top tier'd.

Of course you know what this means now don't you? No more Ness in low tier tournaments.

EDIT: My vid is almost done BTW....and this glitch is going in it!

dan smith

Smash Champion
Ness will not become top tier...

VilNess: I am not sure what you mean by "Death-line".

There are only two different uses for the Trap-Box. Leaving it to be run into or activated by a move...or using it to chain moves across multiple enemies.

The later is only flashy, it only works in multi player and is hard to get off without the trap being tripped.

The first dosen't need a new name...it's simply called laying a Trap-Box.

In my opinion the best moves to trip the trap with are Bair, Dair, or Grab.

Against Capn. you can get a ledge Trap-Box easily against his recovery (because he falls so fast) and use the Trap-Box to spike him. (super cool)

Does Ness have the best Range? Yes.

Does Ness have the best Grab Range? Yes

Will Ness become top tier? No.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Simna you better include the mighty grab-range of Ness :p

I was able to grab from the left side of hyrule to the platform on almost most right with some triangle in it.

Oh and btw. props to my bro Masa for this:
He discovered that if you leave a trap-box on the deathzone in hyrule, and then make your enemy go under the big platform in upper-left of the stage, Ness can grab the enemy beneath him if he´s correctly in the big platform so that the enemy is in the death-line
It looks hella fun how your enemy appears in your hands like that !

And remember pals: you can easily dashdance into upsmash or even upsmash out of shield to make leaving the trap a bit easier.

We better not tell the community too much so Ness keeps in mid-tier and we can Kill people with him in low-tiers :p

dan smith

Smash Champion
hush hush

I actually agree with VilNess...we shouldn't spread this around too much.

Simna: You should rethink making your vid and using this to convince people of Ness 'Top tier' qualification.

It would be nice to suprise people with this.

:chuckle:

VilNess

Smash Champion
Well you already made a thread about it. and I´m quite sure some player like Mow has been aware of this but he possibly wanted to suprise people or somthing... or then he didn´t know but it doesn´t matter anyway :p

oh I mean the death-line the hitbox that appears between Ness and the trap whe nyou attack or grab.

Dan: you know Simna was Joking a bit right, heh :) I mean we all play Ness cause we like to be Ness the underdog, and win.

yes I agree bairs and dairs and grabs are the best with the trap. also bats are nice. but those already give loadsa options. And I honestly pulled out a BoobyDair in a serious match against my bro.

Top Bottom