• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

GrimNZ

Smash Rookie
no, or i wouldnt bother mentioning it.. i got hit a few times though, perhaps after taking enough hits it goes ?

dan smith

Smash Champion
Hey hackers, what's up? I'm super stoked about Brawl. I'm also always glad to read this thread (every few days) and see what's cooking.

For the longest time I've meant to update the first page...it's so outdated, to the point of being embaressing. really, so, I thought I'd finally get around to it.

The problem is, I'm both out of the loop and lacking in enthusiasm...

So, hey, if anybody wants to write a more up to date synopsis of the YYG I'll throw it into the first post as the updated explanation. Credit given, of course.

If anybody feels up to it just send me your synopsis as a private message and I'll put it up. Thanks guys, somebody, everbody really will know about the YYG.

~Kamek~

Smash Rookie
Whoa, as a Ness player I'm rather impressed! I shall run to my Gamecube and try this! ^__^

Aurus

Smash Cadet
Groovy! This glitch is very cool, and it's quite useful when playing stupide people who unknowingly let me set up the glitch. I LOVE IT!

By the way, I've glanced at some of your other posts, and I definitely believe you deserve access to the BackRoom. Far out!

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Wow. Let me do that again:
Wow.

I could never do the yo-yo glitch (b/c of the timing) until I read this:
release it slightly after Ness flashes yellow ONCE.
That really helped, and now, I can do it very (very very) often! I still have to work on the star and spike jackets; they're still rather awkward.
Btw, thanks to everyone who made this thread possible.

I just realized something:
Most people say that Ness is the only character with no non-projectile B attacks. Here's the wierd thing- each one of Ness's attacks (even his grabs!) can be considered projectiles (sort of... or rather, having very long range)! -OYM

EDIT: Is the yyg present in ALL versions and subversions of SMASH (MELEE)?
EDIT2: "Electric Ness" doesn't work on my friend's Melee, not that it has anything to do with yyg.
EDIT3 concerning EDIT1: That was probably answered already, but it's a simple y/n question, right? ugh, it's getting late (well, not really, but i've been so busy lately... why am i posting this? it's probably b/c nobody's on aim... hey, i might IM some of you out of the blue, k? be prepared...). -.-"
EDIT4: That would be kinda funny if i just rambled on about life in these edits... in the yyg topic! lol, ok, i'll stop now... *sigh*

Reik

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the YYG works in all versions. Electric Ness does NOT work in all versions... I know for sure that it works in 1.0 though.

Dan all my fancy formatting is gone! WTF? :laugh: I guess you can't copy that directly from a message. Please fix it so it doesn't look so ugly, lol. Here's the FAQ with formatting in a .txt file. You can just paste it in.
YYG FAQ (Rapidshare) 7 KB

EDIT: O_O
You changed it... but it looks like you formatted it yourself. I had the whole thing formatted for you already in the .txt file. Too lazy to copy and paste? lol

dan smith

Smash Champion
I tried to copy and paste, a few times, for some reason it wouldn't work. I got frustrated and tried to replicate the look. Yours did look better though.

OvAkIl

Smash Apprentice
i still need help getting it and if i do it, can u tell me what to do next

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
o.O Something creepy happened to me a couple of days ago (creepy but totally awesome). Are you ready to be dumbfounded?

I used the feared UpSmash on my oppnent (though at the time, I believed that I didn't set the YYG). I used my dash attack on him, but he hit me in the middle of it. Then when I touched him, he got electrocuted as if he was hit by the dash attack.

Just wanted to put that up for intelligent discussion instead of leaving it to ferment in my brain :psycho:

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. Maybe you equipped a Dash Jacket?! Your attack was cancelled before it resolved itself and maybe was equipped into a jacket. If you did indeed equip a "Dash Jacket," Maybe Ness players can equip bair jackets, bat jackets, and all other sorts of stuff. Say you drop a hitbox, your opponent is about to hit you, you swing out the bat right when you get hit and, Viola! you have a the properties of the bat around Ness! w00t! It's just an idea but its making me excited.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
...so... in theory, when the YYG is set-
to set a jacket, an attack's hitbox must be canceled/interrupted while still in use.
..soooo... in theory, ANY of Ness's attacks can be equipped as a jacket ^__^

hmm... maybe not the PK Thunder, or the PK Pulse (PK Clash, w/e), or PK Fire ...well, of course not the PSI magnet..! that would be cool if you could equip a PSI Magnet jacket!
hmmmmm... but, anything's possible.

I lol @ my post

EDIT: I really want to digest this glitch; just absolutely tear it into tiny little pieces. I want to know everything there is to know about it. I'll be back... you can count on it.

I wanna digest the yoyo glitch like this little eye ball :lick:
The yoyo glitch cracked? nah.. there's much more to it :)

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
I don't think this would be very useful. Just like Trap boxes, they probably won't be easy at all to get out. I think you should try and figure it out, but don't expect for it to be that helpful.

Reik

Smash Ace
I've tested all of this with AR, so let me clarify.

OnYourMark said:
...so... in theory, when the YYG is set-
to set a jacket, an attack's hitbox must be canceled/interrupted while still in use.
Correct.

OnYourMark said:
..soooo... in theory, ANY of Ness's attacks can be equipped as a jacket ^__^
Incorrect. >_<

Here's what I've found from testing. Ness's attacks can only be equipped as a jacket if...
1. The attack is capable of calling the YYG hitbox. (The Deathline)
2. The attack only uses one hitbox at a time.
3. The attack is not completely disjointed from Ness's body.

The only attacks that have single hitboxes are D-air, U-air, PKTM, U-smash, and D-smash. Everything else has at least 2 hitboxes at once. I've checked all of them.*

U-smash and D-smash are disjointed, so they can't be equipped as Jackets. (If you interrupt those attacks, the hitbox will just hang in the air.)

PK Fire, PK Thunder, PK Flash, and PSI Magnet have no effect on the YYG Hitbox at all.

*Um... about the Dash attack. For some reason, you can't see the Dash attack's hitboxes with AR. I have no idea why. What happened to OnYourMark is evidence in favor of the Dash attack being a single-hitbox attack, though.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
How do people YYG on Green Greens off the blocks - I don't think Ness can charge his Yo-Yo off a level (ie, into the blocks) -- am I missing something?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Another thing you can glitch

The tentacles on Brinstar. You have to waeken it first. You gotta get it real skinny, then stand the required distance away and yo like normal. Only works on the tentacle on the left of the stage.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
So... why does the yoyo conduct the thunder jacket's energy?

EDIT: I know that this is a question for a game designer!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^

Haha! Yeah I've done that. It works with any clobbering item (minus the hammer). You can get a 2 hit combo with a star rod. Also, in HRC, yyg snadbag, grab the bat, run as far out as you can, when the timer reaches 1, crouch cancel, bat, and sandbag will bounce off the back wall, and land just about light next to you! :laugh:

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
hey guys guess what...

i've got word on some brand new insane YYG features that im gonna be practicing for a while...and ill put up some videos once i get it down....

oh and btw when i say new features...i mean things involving teleportation, instant-death throws and infinite jackets^_^ jee....i hope this doesnt get Ness banned^_^

Bones0

Smash Legend
Doh! The link Reik posted about the ultra cool thing arent working, can someone upload them to somewhere where they wont get deleted. :(

Reik

Smash Ace
It's not that great, and it's described in the FAQ in the first post. You can drop a jacket hitbox on the ground as a trap if you are interrupted during the yo-yo animation while you have a jacket equipped. Nigh-impossible to use in an actual match.

Simna's tricks sound MUCH more interesting. Hurry up with that, man!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360

hey guys guess what...

i've got word on some brand new insane YYG features that im gonna be practicing for a while...and ill put up some videos once i get it down....

oh and btw when i say new features...i mean things involving teleportation, instant-death throws and infinite jackets^_^ jee....i hope this doesnt get Ness banned^_^
Do...that...NOW!!!
OMG are you being serious!? This will be like the best thing ever. And if you don't, I'll be forced to put Jello concentrate in the next toilet I see.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
dont worry im serious....but this thing(SYYG) needs to be worked with more before anything happens me and a few others are working on it but i dont wanna throw it out just yet until all the facts are down and whatnot...and dont worry it wont take an incredibly long amount of time^_^

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
*twithes*

Ready yet!?
*twitches*
I can't wait
*twitches*
any longer.
*sneezes then twithces*
How much longerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?:urg:

Let me in on this soon. I'm thinking of making a yo-yo glitch tutorial vid, but as soon as I heard that, I decided to postpone the idea and wait until I could see this.

*twitches*

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh for a moment i thot it was Simna's YoYo Glitch...

Conceited *** son of a mother****in hoar...

^_^

...lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
teleportation, instant-death throws and infinite jackets

TOP TIER, HERE WE COME!!!

are there any infinite jackets so far? i mean, hit opponent a lot?

infinite spike jacket...hehe, funny.

can you wear a home run jacket *evil smile*

Top Bottom