• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Year of Luigi Never Ends! (Post patch 1.1.1)

Guide The Year of Luigi Never Ends! (Post patch 1.1.1)

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Xephilon submitted a new guide:

The Year of Luigi Never Ends! (Post patch 1.1.1) - A Luigi guide holding from the most basic to the more advanced info on Luigi play.

Ok, for starters, screw that difficulty rating...Anyway

So you want to learn Luigi? Well you’ve come to the right place. In this guide you will find from the very basics of Luigi to the slightly more advanced ATs,Luigi’s frame data and the match ups. I will also cover combo options at various...
Read more about this guide...

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
So guys this is my second guide I've ever made but the first one I actually put a lot of work into it. Hopefully its up to everyone's expectations and that'll help new and old Luigi mains a like. Any and all feedback is more than welcomed. I'll try to keep this guide updated as much as possible and keep upgrading it with more vids, better gif quality, etc.

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
For the cyclone section you say to use it right after a second jump followed by some gifs of Boss gimping with JRC. You should mention that you can rise without jumping first and, though prohibitively difficult, that's how you gimp with it.

EDIT: I know you mention it under the AT section, but I think it would make what's happening in those gifs clearer.

Last edited:

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
For the cyclone section you say to use it right after a second jump followed by some gifs of Boss gimping with JRC. You should mention that you can rise without jumping first and, though prohibitively difficult, that's how you gimp with it.

EDIT: I know you mention it under the AT section, but I think it would make what's happening in those gifs clearer.
Done and done. Thanks for the feedback! Any other improvements/changes I should do?

Luigi is Lugia
...What?

rodbod

Smash Rookie
I would like some information on luigi's out of shield options and best option when crossed up. Also when on the ledge as luigi I've Implemented drop off fair to fireball as returning on stage stole that from concon. I believe due luigi's traction players must be effective near edge and on the ledge any information to avoid losing stage control and fighting from the ledge and edge of stage is important i believe

Last edited:

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
I would like some information on luigi's out of shield options and best option when crossed up. Also when on the ledge as luigi I've Implemented drop off fair to fireball as returning on stage stole that from concon. I believe due luigi's traction players must be effective near edge and on the ledge any information to avoid losing stage control and fighting from the ledge and edge of stage is important i believe
Oops, forgot to add that...

Luigi's best Out of Shield options is Nair, grab/Usmash being second.

Drop down Fair -> Fireball is fine on lower levels but, as the higher skill levels, you're more than likely gimping yourself. The opponent can simply perfect shield/walk away from the fair then punish and, since you don't have a second jump, you most likely not make it back. So if you're gonna do that, make sure to do it rarely with mix ups.

As for stage control, that's what the fireball mix ups are for but I'm not sure how to explain it exactly...

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Top Bottom