• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Would You Rather" Thread

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I don't think there is a "Would You Rather" thread on Forum Games, so I guess I'll start one! The rules are simple: play the classic "Would You Rather" by posing your question and have the following user answer your question. Here is a sample of roughly what a post should look like...

"I would rather [insert choice from prior question]. (You can provide a brief summary as to why you chose your answer if you please, but it is not necessary.)

[pose new question]"

Basically, the person that answers the prior question will ask a new question within the same post (make sure you don't double post)! The questions that you ask can be anything you like, so long as they are appropriate and everyone is respectful of one another. With that being said, I'll pose the first question...

Would you rather only be able to play games in the Super Mario series, or only in the Legend of Zelda series for the rest of your life?​

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Mario games have a ****ton of variety, so it's going to be harder for me to be bored. Not to mention some of them have multiplayer.

But I'll take Zelda games because it's fun to figure out all the puzzles and experiment with the items.

----------------------------------------

Would you rather be a top tier main who always wins, but always gets shunned for playing a top tier or a low tier main that never wins, but gets a ton of respect?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Really tough for me as I'd prefer a medium choice where I don't always win or always lose, but I suppose between those two extremes, I'd take the low tier main who always loses but gets respect.

If only for the fact that the low tier character is likely one of my favorites to play as regardless of whether I win or lose and despite losing all the time, people actually are respectful to me and don't treat me as a joke or ridicule me.
From personal experience, the sting of being mocked for failure is worse than the failure itself.

One I've heard at work;
Would you rather be the smartest person in the world but always drunk, or the richest person in the world but severely handicapped?

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The latter. I don't see much of an upside at all to either, but I guess there's no use in being smart when you are literally never in a good state of mind to be able to put that intelligence to good use. Plus depending on what handicap(s) we're talking about, I could still live a good or decent life with all that money, or without it, even.

Would you rather be known worldwide but widely hated, or never be acknowledged by anyone else?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The latter. I don't see much of an upside at all to either, but I guess there's no use in being smart when you are literally never in a good state of mind to be able to put that intelligence to good use. Plus depending on what handicap(s) we're talking about, I could still live a good or decent life with all that money, or without it, even.
Plus, you might be able to afford whatever's needed to no longer be handicapped if it's possible.

Would you rather be known worldwide but widely hated, or never be acknowledged by anyone else?
Fame sucks if you're just going to be hated. Latter for me.

---

Would you rather be heatlthy, but live alone forever or have poor health, but tons of friends?

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I'd probably rather be healthy but live alone. That's a tough one though, and since "poor health" is a little vague I'm not sure how bad my health would be. Plus, who says all those friends are good ones anyway?

This one's unoriginal, but it's interesting to see how people respond. Would you rather know when you are going to die, or how you are going to die? Why?

D

Deleted member

This one's unoriginal, but it's interesting to see how people respond. Would you rather know when you are going to die, or how you are going to die? Why?
When.

Better to know when my time is to come to be able to plan ahead and live my life to the fullest than to know how I'm going to die and be completely paranoid trying to avoid any possible scenario where that could happen since it could be at any given moment.

Would you rather be able to speak in any language but be unable to write in any language but your native tongue or vice versa (write in any language but be unable to speak anything but your native tongue)?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Would you rather be able to speak in any language but be unable to write in any language but your native tongue or vice versa (write in any language but be unable to speak anything but your native tongue)?
Ooh, this is an interesting one.

In my recent years I haven't had much of a need at all to speak to people who only speak foreign languages, and if I was able to write other languages, that means I could probably also translate them. Which would be a pretty great skill to have.

Would you rather have to eat your least favorite food at least once every day for the rest of your life, or never get to eat your absolute favorite food ever again for the rest of your life?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Would you rather have to eat your least favorite food at least once every day for the rest of your life, or never get to eat your absolute favorite food ever again for the rest of your life?
Well, due to how diverse my palette is, never being able to eat my absolute favorite food wouldn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

So latter it is.

---

Would you rather never have Internet again or never sleep again?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Never sleep again. I couldn't live without my interwebs. Without it, I couldn't talk to all of you amazing people :3 (and cat videos...I'd miss the cute cat videos).

Would you rather fight Bowser from Super Mario or Ganondorf from Legend of Zelda?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Never sleep again. I couldn't live without my interwebs. Without it, I couldn't talk to all of you amazing people :3 (and cat videos...I'd miss the cute cat videos).

Would you rather fight Bowser from Super Mario or Ganondorf from Legend of Zelda?
Are we talking about a personal fight with either of those villains rather than control Mario or Link for either? It sounds like it, and if that is the case, then I'd go for a fight against Bowser, since he's not usually one to kill his enemies for any reason, and I'd rather take my chances against someone who doesn't need to be defeated using a legendary weapon.

Would you rather have to spend the rest of your life living underwater or living in outer space?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'll spend my whole life under 4m under water so little threat if drowning nor claustrophobic of enclosement. Thank you loop holes.

Would you rather be born lucky and easily be talented and perfected in everything humanily posdible, but always doomed to fail no matter what, or be born unlucky and be absolutely terrible at everything humanily possible, but always succeed through grit.

D

Deleted member

I don't understand how either of those are logically possible. If you're high on luck and have the ability to do everything perfectly, how is it even possible to fail? And if you're very low on luck and can't do anything right, how are you able to succeed even if you are determined?

But between the choices, the latter. I already somewhat fit that, except with being not-so terrible in some aspects and obviously not the always having success part. :V

Would you rather be a superhero for a day or a supervillain for a day?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I really freaking love viilaons because they can have a great personality and drive the plot to well.

However, I'd suck at it, so hero it is :V

---

Would you rather have a head the size of a tennis ball or the size of a watermelon?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Watermelon I guess. Here's the thing: Some watermelons really aren't that big, but they're still not exactly tiny either. If I referred to one of just the right size my head wouldn't really change it's size from how it really is at all. :p

Would you rather live in a world still inhabited by living dinosaurs of all species, or a world where all Pokemon are real?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Considering the infinite possibilities- I'd rather live in a world where all Pokémon are real. Though the results could be chaotic- sure as hell would beat this dull life.
---
Would you rather have super strength with no arms or super speed with no legs?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Super speed with no legs. You didn't say I couldn't have wheels, so I might use those.

Would you rather be attacked by chickens on Christmas Day, or be attacked by hungry raccoons on the Fourth of July?

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Attacked by chickens. At least they're not hungry, plus they're easier to deal with.

Would you rather never be sad or never be angry?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Both sound like natural of just been on the internet of being impossible to escape anywhere on the net. I'll take 4-chan over memes for variety.

Would you rather live alone forever but with internet (no one on ever) or live with everyone without said internet.
I don't understand how either of those are logically possible. If you're high on luck and have the ability to do everything perfectly, how is it even possible to fail? And if you're very low on luck and can't do anything right, how are you able to succeed even if you are determined?

But between the choices, the latter. I already somewhat fit that, except with being not-so terrible in some aspects and obviously not the always having success part. :V

Would you rather be a superhero for a day or a supervillain for a day?
Simple, life doesn't give a **** about anyone. The luckiest person can end up as road kill and the most talented person can end bankrupted. The stories play all the time. Theres always a chance to fail no matter what through the most improbable and craziest things in the cruelty that is of life. Just because your high on your own chance and skill doesn't mean it'll play out that way. And the second one is an even more common one, as where one lacks talent makes up for it through sheer effort. In fact several of masterpieces of human history of knowledge or actually works were made not of genius or superior skill but through constant dogged determination. Regardless of ones own set of abilities or natural skills, anyone can do something humanly possible through sheer force of effort, just depends how much they want to put into it and how much of their life.

They are exaggerations because of the certainty showned, but are by no means unrealistic and shown to happened in real life.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bear fists since at least I could at least potentially avoid getting too close too people that the fists would automatically try to punch. A snake bite sounds a lot more lethal too, since teeth would be stabbing and sinking into your face all the time.

Would you rather always be extremely rich, but always have to worry about criminals breaking into your home, or always be very poor but never have to worry about crime ever again?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm already very poor, and basically live around constant crime (don't go to vegas) several trouble around, several weirdos induced manners, and been tried to killed accidentally and purposely by others. So being rich option would offer little difference other than having large amounts of currency to solve a lot of my families problems.

Would you rather know your end day and all its atrocities but be powerless to stop anything. Or be blissful but able to change anything unaware.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Be blissful and change anything unaware. True, that would probably mean I could either save myself or make my fate worse than it already was, both unknowingly, but hey, at least I'd have some chance at preventing the worst. Not to mention I wouldn't be living in dread waiting for the day to eventually arrive.

Would you rather be stuck with one job that you hate for the rest of your life with no way out of it, or continuously find new jobs that you love, but always helplessly live in a constant cycle of getting fired from one job before having to get hired for the next?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Probably the one job I hate.
At least it's steady income.

Would you rather live in a world where kaiju exist or a world where everyone's a ninja? :V

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
A world where everyone's a ninja. I'll finally have the agility of a character like Genji...

"Mada mada."

Would you rather never be sleepy again or never be hungry again?

D

Deleted member

Does never being hungry again imply I'll never eat again?

Either way, never be sleepy. That way I can do anything I want 24/7. :V

Would you rather have no arms or no legs?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
No arms. With legs, I'd at least be able to move around. But then again, I still wouldn't be able to write or drive and stuff like that, so that's a tough one.

Would you rather only fight Bayonettas or Clouds on For Glory for the rest of your life?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bayonetta, simply because I've faced Clouds so many times now that I've gotten more than sick of seeing them.

Would you rather have to spend a whole year living on the Moon, or Mars?

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Mars. The place has more land to travel on, plus quite a bit of terrain to climb. You know the planet is home to the biggest mountain in our entire solar system?

Would you rather wrestle a bear or wrestle an alligator?

D

Deleted member

....either case results in probable death, but at least you have a chance to render the gator incapable of biting you and try to tucker it out while avoiding the equally deadly tail. And since there are people that capture and release gators back into their natural habitat for a living, I'll go with the alligator.
....there is no winning against a freakin' bear.

Would you rather have a short lifespan but an adventurous life or a high lifespan but a completely uneventful life?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
....there is no winning against a freakin' bear.
Unless you're Bear Hugger :p

EDIT: Or Zangief :p

Would you rather have a short lifespan but an adventurous life or a high lifespan but a completely uneventful life?
A long life of nothing isn't a life worth living when you have the chance of having a shorter, more exciting life. I'll go with the latter.

Would you rather be trapped in a room with Alien or Predator?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unless you're Bear Hugger :p

EDIT: Or Zangief :p
But I'm neither. :V

A long life of nothing isn't a life worth living when you have the chance of having a shorter, more exciting life. I'll go with the latter.

Would you rather be trapped in a room with Alien or Predator?
Predator. I'm far less likely to be killed since Predators normally only attack life forms that can provide them a challenge.
I cannot do that, therefore the Predator would be unlikely to have any interest in me.

Would you rather deal with Freddy or deal with Jason?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
......very tough decision. On one hand, Jason is basically an undead superhuman with a machete, while on the other hand, Freddy can kill you brutally with supernatural dream powers and possibly fool you into believing something that isn't real. I don't know if I'd have it in me or not to simply stop feeling any fear towards Freddy, even knowing that it would get rid of him, and I certainly wouldn't win in a physical fight against Jason, though Jason at least generally only goes after people within or near Camp Crystal Lake, with few exceptions. I guess I'd deal with Jason. Escape just seems like a more reliable option in that case. Again, I'm not sure if I'd have what it takes to defeat Freddy.

You now have the choice of spending one month living in one of your favorite fictional worlds: would you rather spend the month in the world of your favorite TV show, or your favorite video game?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'd be one of the kooky citizens of Gravity Falls, Oregon :p

Would you rather die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain?

BagrB0y

Smash Cadet
1. Legend of Zelda
2. Low Tier, I'll just be like HBox and give away free EVO's <3
3. Smartest person, just gotta be below that .08 blood alcohol content
4. Live alone, I'm introverted so I don't think I would be able to handle that many friends lol
5. When, just knowing how would mean you would be in constant fear
6. Speaking, would never need to find a sub / dub version of anime again
7. Don't have a single absolute favorite food, so probably that
8. Never sleep, never internet technically means no netplay
9. Quite an interesting one.... Would partially depend on the game we are basing this on, I suppose along with what was available to use
10. Space, gotta have that neutral game :^)
11. Lucky/intelligent, even if you always failed I would probably find life significantly more satisfying
(I think I messed the order up lol)
12. Would depend on the job, but probably one I hated- I would have an infinite amount of time to set up a routine and work to improve my situation year after year as much as possible
13. Id have to look up what a Kaiju is, but probably Ninja skills. Then again, could lead to 20XX :p
14. If I was never hungry I could still eat food for pleasure, would also make it very easy to control what I eat
15. Bayonetta, at least I can combo her and not have to deal with obscene nair spam
16. Moon, better WiFi connection :p
17. Bear
18. High lifespan
19. No clue
20. Id rather have to deal with M2K (loopholes!)
21. Definitey video game
22. I have no idea if Id rather be hero / villian lol

This got really confusing trying to follow, so Im almost 100% certain I missed a few, so here are some I remember seeing but don't know where they fit in
-Definitely live in a world with Pokemon, they can be tamed, be friends, and are a lot less likely to kill me in some cases. That and n general
-I think there was one about being a super hero vs. super villian for a day, and I gotta say Super Villian

Now for a question- Would you rather be stuck playing a fighting game character you hate thats a really strong top tier, or a character you love but its by far the worst in the game?

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
...you DO know you only have to answer the most recent one, right?

anyway, i'd rather play a character i like that's complete crap. who knows? maybe if i play long enough i'll figure out some strats that can make them viable. ...or not. it's hard to tell with these characters people barely play.

(and now to open the can of worms that burns the thread alive...)
would you rather Sonic Mania 2 have all original zones but you only play as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles again, or have classic versions of modern characters be playable but all the zones are nothing but rehash?

BagrB0y

Smash Cadet
Yes, I just felt like replying to a lot of the ones at the top of the thread and ended up trying to go through the whole thing lol.

Glitch_Wiz

Smash Cadet
I choose the option that doesn't exist on the post above.

Would you rather buy a pizza with candy corn for toppings, or have a bowl of candy mixed with tomato sauce and cheese

Last edited:

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Pizza with candy corn (I saw the image of someone making it). The corn itself isn't too good and probably won't mix well with the rest of the slice won't be as bad as, say, chocolate with cheese.

Would you rather:
- Only being allowed to play one game for the duration of your life (you can still do stuff)?

or

- Only play video games for the rest of your life?

Last edited:
Top Bottom