• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well yeah, I'm just talking about the effects in the traditional sense. You know, completely shifting momentum and whatnot.

The mixup possibilities are amazing. :applejack:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So yeah, HA doesn't help that much since it stops you, but yes, we can at least turn around if need be. However, it sends us in the other direction

>_<

Hey now, how often do you find yourself recovering from offstage with your back facing the opposite way? For me, it's not all that rare of a situation, so being able to do this actually helps in the long-run. I don't know about everyone else but I really don't like having my back facing the opposite. It's the Aerial Spin Charge thing. Oh well... Unless I'm on point with my back airs or something like that.

I would like to see them! It's always fun to see matches of good sonics.

:phone:
Good Sonics my friend?

I think you might want to look elsewhere then.

Regardless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0sRxrffWkk - Z(Pikachu) + Kinzer(Sonic) Vs. FOW(Dedede) + Hino(Marth)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9t7EPSKxrQ - Z(Pikachu) + Kinzer(Sonic) Vs. Lycan(Snake/MK) + Xero(Olimar)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7HY5zQck-Q - Z(Pikachu) + Kinzer(Sonic) Vs. TwinX(Ness) + Ankoku(Peach/Marth)

Probably out of chronological order, but whatever.

Once Jerry/Tails send me the replay files, be on the lookout for some sort of lackluster but new Sonic(Kinzer) Vs. Dedede(Hadesblades) footage... and Yoshi too I guess but apparently competition ruin this game and the experience for me...

... Never gonna pick Rainbow Cruise against D3 again. >_<

:093:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I thought Sonic's Homing Attack and Samus's Charge Shot were the only moves that could not be B-reversed. Samus's for no reason whatsoever, and Sonic's because it can go any direction when locked on to something.

And jeez, DDD on Rainbow Cruise. I'll never understand how effective that combination is. Last I played that stage + character was about a year ago, in Game 2 of a set, and I went in a little confident. Barely won that match, kinda surprised me how hellish it was.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Oh, I just thought it was dumb luck tbh. Didnt see through that lol. Im prolly not gonna use it anyways.

True Blue

Smash Lord
If you want to know if you're B reversing, pick mario, start drifting in the air, and then hit B (fireball) -> other direction. Mario should completely shift his momentum to the opposite direction while turning around and shooting a fireball.
Its not like I don't know how cause I do it all the time when I play with Lucario and Falco. It was just with Sonic I can't get it or time the inputs right or something lol.

Good Sonics my friend?

I think you might want to look elsewhere then.

And whaaa? That doesn't sound very motivating lol. Nah but your still good. You know your stuffz and all that. I consider you a good player. That first match with the D3/Marth was pretty gay cause Z tripped for that final kill... lol

True Blue

Smash Lord
Awesome lol. I hate playing Ice Climbers. So annoying. Though shall be looking at your vids, remember seeing some here and there among other posts whenever I looked at the forms but just never posted lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well this is a pleasant surprise for some, now isn't it?

I've finally uploaded some videos... of myself... in Brawl... actually competing... yeah~...!

It wasn't this bad for some strange reason. It didn't take nearly as long to upload everything, the quality doesn't seem to have changed, for the worse even (albeit it could be better...), and I can find them easily despite Youtube's lame attempts at changing the site look.... yet again.

Well, if any of you are interested. I'm not looking for any critiques. I know I could do better but I'm not that motivated unfortunately. At least I learned some things.

I wanted to play more Yoshi. :(

$5 MM
I didn't take his money in the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdkx8K6gKLQ - Kinzer(Sonic) Vs. HadesBlades(Yoshi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6WA-34flF8 - Kinzer(Sonic) Vs. HadesBlades(Dedede) 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU3SL5kW4Ss - Kinzer(Sonic) Vs. HadesBlades(Dedede) 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKKGcNAZZd0 - Kinzer(Sonic) Vs. HadesBlades(Dedede) 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FWMpr8LYZQ - Kinzer(Sonic) Vs. HadesBlades (Dedede) 4

... The last match got stuck. *Sigh.*

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Oh, I just thought it was dumb luck tbh. Didnt see through that lol. Im prolly not gonna use it anyways.
This is dumb. Why wouldnt you use an extra recovery option? B reverse HA is amazing and can prevent you from having to use your jump to get over the stage. It can be very critical vs characters with a strong edgeguard and gimp game (MK, Marth, Snake, ZSS, Pika). Seriously. you shouldnt give up an easy way to get better positioning when recovering even if we are Sonic. Ppl seriously forget sometimes how important recovering position is these days. It could mean the difference between coming back relatively unscathed or eating a ton of damage/ death.

Our character can be more lenient than other in the recovery department, but dont just get lazy about it. Even MK can get wrecked when recovering stupidly.

EDIT: Kinzer you gotta work on that D3 MU. The risks you were taking were ridiculous in some scenarios and you were very fortunate that D3 isnt on point with the CG. Ive only watched Game 1 so far. Heres some things I saw:

- why are you playing a grab game with D3 when his back is to the ledge? that is just a ridiculous risk/ reward.
- He started getting utilt happy on your ASC. Recognize this and let your ASC fall into SDR then punish.
- you stood under him trying to juggle. This is bad. VERY bad. you should try to maintain proper positioning. His fair is slow and easy to react to. stand slightly in from of him like at a 120 degree angle rather than 180. This stops him from crossing you up . You can still uair him that way by sweeping under him as you perform it. its the best way to utilize uair because of time it takes time for the second hitbox to come out. This is HUGE in Sonic's game period. Especially vs Lucario/ MKs dair.
- dont shield when a D3 floating above you like that. Move. Thats just giving up your advantage. Any D3 worth a salt is inhaling or ff AD grabbing your ***.
- DONT TRADE WITH D3. Hes fat. He can kill. He has more guaranteed damage than you.
- Aigo. This dude was spamming uptilt. Why arent u baiting it out? Also, this guy clearly doesnt know how to punish HA. Abuse it. You can shield poke him all day with ASC HA from the front.
- Too many bad grab attempts kinzer. Unless you are frame trapping it or you got a hard read with your back to the edge you shouldnt be grabbing so freely.

Theres were some good follow ups here and there but thats what we do in this MU. THE MOST CRITICAL THING IN THIS MU IS YOU DO NOT GET STUCK IN THE CORNER AND YOU DO NOT START COIN FLIPPING WITH HIM WITH HIS BACK TO THE EDGE. I know you know this Kinzer. Im sure you've heard Malcolm babble about it all day. Also one last thing. Your ASC's worked out fairly well besides him utilting u like crazy at one point but theres something scarier than that; properly timed shield grab ( like grabbing u before u hit his shield) or instant pivot grab. I used to think this MU was mad free, but any D3 with decent reaction speed can literally grab us out of any ASC, Spindash, or SDR. Combined that with some D3 traps and this becomes a far dangerous MU than I initially believed long time ago. Im saying this now because one day D3s will get better at this MU; I know Zekey has and Tyrant is pretty freakin solid at it. It can be very stupid. Our saving grace is that we can out run him and at mid range we can punish his zoning attempts. Seriously though, you play a D3 who knows what the hell theyre doing, this MU is freakin dumb. grab shuts down a ton of our mix ups and spin approaches when they know they can and know how. So be careful. Cuz every ASC that wasnt on the actual top of his shield could be straight up grabbed or pivot grabbed. Get him offstage. Dont play games with him grounded. Its too dangerous.

Oh and dont be free and get grabbed on the SV platform please.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
This is dumb. Why wouldnt you use an extra recovery option? B reverse HA is amazing and can prevent you from having to use your jump to get over the stage. It can be very critical vs characters with a strong edgeguard and gimp game (MK, Marth, Snake, ZSS, Pika). Seriously. you shouldnt give up an easy way to get better positioning when recovering even if we are Sonic. Ppl seriously forget sometimes how important recovering position is these days. It could mean the difference between coming back relatively unscathed or eating a ton of damage/ death.

Our character can be more lenient than other in the recovery department, but dont just get lazy about it. Even MK can get wrecked when recovering stupidly.
Bam don't get me wrong it sounds useful, but it's a person thing for me. When I practice something new, I tend to forget about it and just play how I usually play later on lol. I'm just a clumsy sonic main rofl.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
EDIT: Kinzer you gotta work on that D3 MU.
excessive wall of stuff.
pre-emptive statement from kinzer
I'm not looking for any critiques. I know I could do better but I'm not that motivated unfortunately.
translation: dont bother giving any advice on these matches. because i really dont care.

Does any one else see a problem with the above situation?
WHAT THE ****!?!?!?

I NEVER ****ING BEAT HADES...EVERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:
Theres a reason for that
you bad

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You know, to be honest, I've really wanted to come back to Cali and play Zekey again, besides everyone else. I played him in a time when I was considering full retirement and was in no mood to put all my effort into it. No surprise then that I end up one spot away from not drowning in pools...

... I wonder where that spark went, because I still haven't got all of it back by now...

... Arrr, nothing angers me more than losing to Pitbull though. I am the Lucario slayer, and I just lost it there too. Unacceptable! The best part (no sarcasm) was that he played a gay style of Lucario too, and that didn't stop me from finding ways around that and being able to beat him/stay close. Sonic's worst matchup my ***, that's one of few I actually enjoy playing.

... I'm gonna bring headphones though. It's kind of distracting that he has a nasty attitude should anything not go his way. >_> I'm sure he's a nice guy but he really has to work on that.

... What's the point of it all though? My mother wouldn't let me go to these sorts of things. Not like how X or FOW can. FOW is younger than me too... Freaking wonderful. On top of this, I haven't seen any progress with beating Kyle or Freddie here locally, and now it's gotten to the point where I know why I'm losing to Z even though I've beaten him and I have become more consistent with being able to win against him... I'm not putting anymore effort due to lack of motivation. This last time I lost was because I didn't feel the need to stop him from grab-releasing me out of my Spring Recovery.

Now I'm losing to Xero, and I use to consistently beat him too... I don't know why either, can't figure out if it's necessarily the unmotivated attitude or if he's finally picked up on some things... 4th best Vegas player? 3rd even? Looking less and less realistic overtime. Falco is unfair and I can't get any kind of practice with FOW consistent enough to know what I'm doing wrong with him.

Why go through the stress actually? Now that I'm in college, other priorities have to come first. This game may not be around for long, and I've just grown tired of all the hurdles that have come in the way of my original dream to play everyone and become the best Sonic player. If I had been born earlier then maybe I could've made something for myself besides contributing research, but I suppose since I'm not capable of anything else and my parents are just silly, it isn't a wonder that my life career is going to end up following a similar path.

I suppose it's alright though, the potential data I'd collect would help people. I'm happy with that.

translation: dont bother giving any advice on these matches. because i really dont care.

Does any one else see a problem with the above situation?
... Goggles, you have it all wrong. What I said means what you see it as. I wasn't going out of my way to get advice from anyone else. At this point, I didn't expect anyone to seriously follow up on the videos. It is true, I haven't been as motivated to get better as opposed to before, but that doesn't mean I'm going to completely ignore anyone that goes out of their way to help me improve. No cryptic meaning to it, I've done that plenty of times in the past and it doesn't do me any favors if people can't understand the messages I'm trying to convey.

I'm all too use to being on the other end of things, really. I don't have anyone to tell me what to do anymore now that I'm becoming an adult. Or at least, I'm not taking anymore advice from my parents now that I see all they tell me are things that hinder my progress to become an independent individual. Ten o' clock curfew just because I got in trouble with the law one time? Lol I don't really think so... So learning from my own experience is all I can do.

Passing on wisdom, I believe, is a gift. I appreciate any help I get; however I don't expect it either.

Do any of you have anything worthwhile to tell me about how to convince my adamant parents how to change their opinion? Not sure if any of you know this, but my step-father is hopeless, and my mother has the wrong idea, so I'm not expecting a reply to this. I'm really not. If you think otherwise, I know for sure you haven't gotten properly acquainted...

Part of the reason I want to put college first is because everybody else says that's what should be done screw conformity, I'm just more curious to find out why people do certain things while others do not. I'm learning that there on top of everything else that I see, at long last, will actually be useful to me in the future.

It's also an adventure for me, I've learned more about myself in one semester of college than I have in years of childhood and traditional public schooling. At this rate, I'll find the answers and go wherever they shall take me. Anything I do from this point on is with good intentions, I will never follow any path anybody tells me to take because only I should know what's best for me.

Luckily I haven't become homicidally-insane from all this prior to and figured the best course for myself/humanity is purgatory. Sheesh man, I was one messed up person on the inside for the longest time now that I can look back on it.

... *Ahem.* Anyway, this has gotten really off-track. B.A.M., I'll go over what you said thoroughly some other time. Right now I'm just trying to figure some things out. I want to come back stronger than ever, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. Not sure if I should either.

The next places I'd want to go to that I haven't been to yet, if I can, are Florida, Georgia, Maryland/Virginia, return to New York state (I've been there when I was four, when the Twin Towers were still there. I've been up them actually. Too young to remember though.), New Jersey, somewhere in the midwest, somwhere else in Texas, Louisiana, Utah, Arizona (if they have anything there), NorCal (if they still have a scene), Washington state, Alberta, maybe Ontario/Quebec/British Colombia, and Nova Scotia (if they still have a scene). Not in this order. Japan and Europe(to compete dammit, not sight-see! >:X) too but those aren't nearly as realistic as aforementioned. Finally, I wanna go to the Moon. F*** everything else, logic especially be damned. Childhood fascinations and adult yet childish fantasies wheeeee~! <3

A lot of traveling I figure. Maybe that's the one thing I picked up from my mother. As far as tourism goes, I don't really care. I rather go to places with specific places to visit in mind. Yes.

BSP

Smash Legend
Can someone link me to Speed doing this B reverse HA stuff, because I'm not seeing how it works in my head atm

I'll look for it right now, and edit this if I find something

True Blue

Smash Lord
It seems useful cause when you do it you can slightly move and not have to commit your jump to be used to get out of spindash. It also helps to mess with the opponents mind maybe?

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Hi guys! I was wondering if there were any really sick Sonic matches I should look at recently? Maybe for a potential Brawl vid? I kinda miss doing that...

Are there any recorded matches from the Sonics at Apex?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Uhm... that link just leads to something else...

... I'll look at the videos some other time. I'm just too tired right now.

Also, could you just please edit your posts or something next time? Double-posting is fine I guess here and there (Aww screw I'm just saving face), but a triple post is somewhat unnecessary.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Kinzer Im far more salty than you when it comes to losing to Pitbull. I have yet to beat him in a set, and its ALWAYS because I end up SDing at some dumb percent. ALWAYS. Even then it goes to last hit because i cant get the kill game 3. So lame. Im freakin SD master. its what always ruins my lead. I try to style wayyy too much. In tourney and MM. Thats absolutely my fault though. Freakin wack.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^That reminds me of the last time I faced a Lucario. I got cocky and then it was too late for me to bring it back. Then on my CP I tried to time him out and then decided to try to KO him with like 1 minute left.

JoseLuisUrias

Smash Cadet
need help..

hey guys, im looking for any help
im going for a tourney and i need tips.

need help in the duels..

Sonic vs Mario (im not going on FD cuz Mario can beat me on that stage)
Sonic vs Marth (any counter pick stage?)
Sonic vs MK (tips?)
Sonic vs Fox (i don't need help on that but, if u can give me any counter pick stage, u make me happy xD)
Sonic vs Wario (CP?)
Sonic vs DDK (tips? any counter stage?)
Sonic vs GW! (counter pick stage? any tips?)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Kinzer Im far more salty than you when it comes to losing to Pitbull. I have yet to beat him in a set, and its ALWAYS because I end up SDing at some dumb percent. ALWAYS. Even then it goes to last hit because i cant get the kill game 3. So lame. Im freakin SD master. its what always ruins my lead. I try to style wayyy too much. In tourney and MM. Thats absolutely my fault though. Freakin wack.
I'm 0-11 with Trela. I'm never going to win.
Get on my level. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
hey guys, im looking for any help
im going for a tourney and i need tips.

need help in the duels..

Sonic vs Mario (im not going on FD cuz Mario can beat me on that stage)
Sonic vs Marth (any counter pick stage?)
Sonic vs MK (tips?)
Sonic vs Fox (i don't need help on that but, if u can give me any counter pick stage, u make me happy xD)
Sonic vs Wario (CP?)
Sonic vs DDK (tips? any counter stage?)
Sonic vs GW! (counter pick stage? any tips?)
What stages are allowed at the tournaments you attend?
For Mario I honestly can't imagine why FD is a bad place to go vs him. He likes platforms and small stages more than Sonic, but aside from stages that make his recovery worse (lylat, frigate) I wouldn't say he has glaring stage weaknesses vs Sonic.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I lost to pikapika every tournament i went to for 5 years. and as i recall, In tournament Ive only beaten him once, and that was because of Meta knight, and since that one time, hes beaten me every time since... because of metaknight.

/takingthisbacktomelee.

Top Bottom