• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wind-Waking Princess, Toon Zelda for Smash Ultimate

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You might hate me but to see toon Zelda I would want her in her ghost look. Be more interesting tbh her floating around as a ghost

Tetra should be her own fighter. She’s good enough on her own.

Like I see toon Zelda and Sheik as their own individuals more so I do Zelda and Sheik.
I agree ghost form would have more moveset potential. Regular form would just be Zelda’s moveset in Toon shape, which hey, I’ll take, but unique ghost moveset would be ten times better.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wouldn't mind Phantom Zelda, although I would still like the option to play as Toon Zelda herself. It's partly why I was hoping she'd get a new weapon in Hyrule Warriors Definitive edition that allowed you to play as her outside of the Phantom. Otherwise it feels more like a similar case as Bowser jr and the Clown copter where you play more as the mech suit rather than the actual character themselves.

But that's just me.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind Phantom Zelda, although I would still like the option to play as Toon Zelda herself. It's partly why I was hoping she'd get a new weapon in Hyrule Warriors Definitive edition that allowed you to play as her outside of the Phantom. Otherwise it feels more like a similar case as Bowser jr and the Clown copter where you play more as the mech suit rather than the actual character themselves.

But that's just me.
I wasn’t saying this Zelda. This can be he Down B.
2Q==.jpeg

I’m saying
Z.jpeg

Plays like Zelda but instead of running she hovers above the ground

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I support. Toon Zelda (mainly the Spirit Tracks one but also Tetra) is my favorite iteration of Zelda as a character and I would love to see her playable.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Only if she posesses it and, in doing so, makes it her own distinct move. Cloning Zelda's Down B is not an option here.
You could have it has a recovery and a get out of there move that way.

That would probably make it better

Toon floating ghost Zelda>Zelda?

Last edited:

BlackLightning90

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys feel if Toon Zelda gets in as a transformation gimmick with Tetra? You know, like with Zelda/Sheik back in Melee and Brawl, you would switching between Toon Zelda and Tetra constantly with Down B.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
How would you guys feel if Toon Zelda gets in as a transformation gimmick with Tetra? You know, like with Zelda/Sheik back in Melee and Brawl, you would switching between Toon Zelda and Tetra constantly with Down B.
I'd prefer them individually but if this happened I wouldn't complain too much.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wouldn’t mind it, although I would like Toon Zelda to be Spirit Tracks Zelda and it might be weird to see her turning into Tetra. Not that it made a difference with Twilight Princess Zelda turning into Sheik.

ShadowKoopa

Smash Rookie
I would be fine with it. I could see myself switching between them as well

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Wouldn’t mind it, although I would like Toon Zelda to be Spirit Tracks Zelda and it might be weird to see her turning into Tetra. Not that it made a difference with Twilight Princess Zelda turning into Sheik.
I don’t see why Zelda from twilight princess (or any Zelda in the child time line) wouldn’t know how to transform into Sheik.

Impa taught it it Zelda in oot who Teaches it to the next hair until the knowledge reaches the Zelda we meet in TP

In fact it would be dumb not to pass the knowledge onwards if one didn’t end up use the spell once before. Ganondorf would learn after once

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don’t see why Zelda from twilight princess (or any Zelda in the child time line) wouldn’t know how to transform into Sheik.

Impa taught it it Zelda in oot who Teaches it to the next hair until the knowledge reaches the Zelda we meet in TP

In fact it would be dumb not to pass the knowledge onwards if one didn’t end up use the spell once before. Ganondorf would learn after once
That veers kind of into fanfiction territory though.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Well, there’s no confirmation. It’s just a thing that could have happened.
Okay I see your point. But at least it’s realistic. family of powers do pass on knowledge of things.

Now if you want to get in to fan fiction Zelda (also Peach) might be an inbred.

How many royal families are in Hyrule?

that idea comes from the manga theres nothing to suggest its in game
Is that in the manga I haven’t read it yet.

Don’t know where to

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Okay I see your point. But at least it’s realistic. family of powers do pass on knowledge of things.

Know if you want to get in to fan fiction Zelda (also Peach) might be an inbred.

How many royal families are in Hyrule?

Is that in the manga I haven’t read it yet.

Don’t know where to
Definitely pass on the fanfiction, especially this one.

ShadowKoopa

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone is still watching this thread (it's been silent for over a month after all) but I just wanted to pop in and say I edited the first message to include more info on why I want Toon Zelda and list her pros and cons. While I don't expect her for DLC personally I wouldn't say she's out of the question either. Anyways feedback on the main message would be appreciated.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I don't know if anyone is still watching this thread (it's been silent for over a month after all) but I just wanted to pop in and say I edited the first message to include more info on why I want Toon Zelda and list her pros and cons. While I don't expect her for DLC personally I wouldn't say she's out of the question either. Anyways feedback on the main message would be appreciated.
I'm still here too...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That moment when you realize that Toon Zelda would still technically be eligible (assuming Spirits disconfirm) since her spirit is called "Zelda (The Wind Waker)" so it's a variation spirit like Kaptain K. Rool, Partner Pikachu and whatnot.
Not that I'm expecting her at this point but eh, if Sakurai wanted to include some semi clones separate from the Fighters pass and doesn't want to upgrade any existing spirits, he could do her if he wanted to...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That moment when you realize that Toon Zelda would still technically be eligible (assuming Spirits disconfirm) since her spirit is called "Zelda (The Wind Waker)" so it's a variation spirit like Kaptain K. Rool, Partner Pikachu and whatnot.
Not that I'm expecting her at this point but eh, if Sakurai wanted to include some semi clones separate from the Fighters pass and doesn't want to upgrade any existing spirits, he could do her if he wanted to...
espicially if they decide to go the same route as hyrule warriors and go for her phantom form

ShadowKoopa

Smash Rookie
I didn't really think about that. Although I can't really see it happening. Unless we get a new game in the toon art style or something.

Top Bottom