• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wild Card Hoshidan Archer! Takumi for Smash Ultimate!

Click either option to support Takumi!

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem Warriors is now released to some... mixed reception I suppose. The gameplay is extremely fun and the game can be challenging, though there was missed potential in some areas and the roster isn't that good with glaring omissions. *cough*Ike*cough*

I have to say the way they translated Takumi into this game is actually pretty good. He has attacks where he rains arrows, can shoot in third person (and even charge that attack), and can summon tornados. He's the character I have the most fun with and he's my only character that over level 50. :p
I'm just bothered that his Awakening attack is Betrayal. Cool reference, but it doesn't make sense here.

I only recommend this game if you played and enjoyed Hyrule Warriors and love Fire Emblem without being bothered by the roster.

I will most likely update my moveset some time in the future to reflect on his moveset in FEW.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Just finished Fire Emblem Warriors, or at least the main story. I chose hard mode for mine first playthrough. Takumi, in mine opinion, is easily the most unique character in the game.

Yes, I was surprised Ike wasn't in the game. But whom knows? We might just get a Tellius DLC pack. If that happens, I'm betting on Ike, Soren, and Micaiah. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Sigurd as a Xander clone.

Review time:

Mine biggest disappointment with Fire Emblem Warriors is the badly-written story. Honestly, portals leading to other worlds? Talk about clichéd. The Fire Emblem series is known for its deep, heart-wrenching plots--so in that regard, this spinoff is a disgrace. Even before the game came out, I thought the tone was way too damn sugary. Really, I felt like I was watching a Saturday morning show. I would have preferred something MUCH more dark and character driven. Throughout most of the story, there was no major villain that really got in the way, and really affected the protagonists, emotionally. That said, for me things didn't get all that interesting until towards the end--and even that interest was short-lived. I absolutely cannot stand the twins, Rowan and Lianna. They are so two-dimensional, I was afraid I would be cut down by their cringe-worthy dialogue. Among the original cast, the one I found mineself caring for the most was Darios. That said, it's a shame that he was a mere tag-along. I honestly would rather have had him as the main character, with the story focusing primarily on his inner turmoils, divided loyalties, and whatnot.

On to the gameplay: the controls are sharp, and the game has a very diverse roster, with the exception of a few clones. And thanks to the pair-up system, there are many different fighting styles you can experiment with. Mine personal favourites are Takumi & Leo, Robin & Xander. However, the levels, in mine opinion, weren't as strategic as they could have been. For the most part, it's a mindless hack-and-slash that doesn't take full advantage of the Fire Emblem formula. The weapon triangle makes things interesting, but after a few character upgrades, brute power is pretty much everything. Furthermore, the AI is at times unreliable. There were many times when I would order a unit to conquer a fort, or have them all gang up on a big boss--only to have them stand there doing nothing. As a result, I found mineself multitasking like crazy. Also, I really wish there were more terrain effects, other than the occasional fog. For instance, there could have been tall-grass areas that would slow down horseback units, and bushes that would provide cover for both the enemy's units and yours. Lastly, I was disappointed in the Classic Mode; instead of perma-death, it's pay-per-Aum.

Mine personal favourite level was the Orchestrated Battle, because more than any other chapter, it pushed you to flex your mental muscle. First, you're having to balance out the forts you conquer--but once you think things are going smoothly, spies and reinforcements pop up back and forth, trying to take back the forts you conquered; thus throwing things off-balance. And to top it all off, you have to get the job done before one of the sides destroyes the other. It was the only chapter that I actually failed multiple times.

TL;DR: Fire Emblem Warriors isn't a bad game, but there was just so much untapped potential that would have made it surpass its Hylian predecessor. If you liked Hyrule Warriors and are a Fire Emblem fan, go ahead and give it a shot--but don't expect much of a challenge.

Troykv

Smash Master
Just finished Fire Emblem Warriors, or at least the main story. I chose hard mode for mine first playthrough. Takumi, in mine opinion, is easily the most unique character in the game.

Yes, I was surprised Ike wasn't in the game. But whom knows? We might just get a Tellius DLC pack. If that happens, I'm betting on Ike, Soren, and Micaiah. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Sigurd as a Xander clone.

Review time:

Mine biggest disappointment with Fire Emblem Warriors is the badly-written story. Honestly, portals leading to other worlds? Talk about clichéd. The Fire Emblem series is known for its deep, heart-wrenching plots--so in that regard, this spinoff is a disgrace. Even before the game came out, I thought the tone was way too damn sugary. Really, I felt like I was watching a Saturday morning show. I would have preferred something MUCH more dark and character driven. Throughout most of the story, there was no major villain that really got in the way, and really affected the protagonists, emotionally. That said, for me things didn't get all that interesting until towards the end--and even that interest was short-lived. I absolutely cannot stand the twins, Rowan and Lianna. They are so two-dimensional, I was afraid I would be cut down by their cringe-worthy dialogue. Among the original cast, the one I found mineself caring for the most was Darios. That said, it's a shame that he was a mere tag-along. I honestly would rather have had him as the main character, with the story focusing primarily on his inner turmoils, divided loyalties, and whatnot.

On to the gameplay: the controls are sharp, and the game has a very diverse roster, with the exception of a few clones. And thanks to the pair-up system, there are many different fighting styles you can experiment with. Mine personal favourites are Takumi & Leo, Robin & Xander. However, the levels, in mine opinion, weren't as strategic as they could have been. For the most part, it's a mindless hack-and-slash that doesn't take full advantage of the Fire Emblem formula. The weapon triangle makes things interesting, but after a few character upgrades, brute power is pretty much everything. Furthermore, the AI is at times unreliable. There were many times when I would order a unit to conquer a fort, or have them all gang up on a big boss--only to have them stand there doing nothing. As a result, I found mineself multitasking like crazy. Also, I really wish there were more terrain effects, other than the occasional fog. For instance, there could have been tall-grass areas that would slow down horseback units, and bushes that would provide cover for both the enemy's units and yours. Lastly, I was disappointed in the Classic Mode; instead of perma-death, it's pay-per-Aum.

Mine personal favourite level was the Orchestrated Battle, because more than any other chapter, it pushed you to flex your mental muscle. First, you're having to balance out the forts you conquer--but once you think things are going smoothly, spies and reinforcements pop up back and forth, trying to take back the forts you conquered; thus throwing things off-balance. And to top it all off, you have to get the job done before one of the sides destroyes the other. It was the only chapter that I actually failed multiple times.

TL;DR: Fire Emblem Warriors isn't a bad game, but there was just so much untapped potential that would have made it surpass its Hylian predecessor. If you liked Hyrule Warriors and are a Fire Emblem fan, go ahead and give it a shot--but don't expect much of a challenge.
Well... considering how few characters you have... It would be possible to need to solo with Rowan/Lianna if you had screw up hard... and I think NOBODY wants to use Rowan.

PD: I need my Micaiah! I'm okay waiting to the sequel... Just give me more of her :love:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Takumi is currently in the semi-finals of the Short Haired Ladies vs. Long Haired Gents Voting Gauntlet in Fire Emblem Heroes! Support him and help him win!

In other news Fire Emblem Warriors is getting some free DLC and the first DLC pack with Fates characters is coming around the corner. Perhaps we will see something for Takumi? Like Hyrule Warriors, I bet there will be a lot of costumes to come for the characters; maybe we will see a Jeorge, Virion, or Innes costume for Takumi.

Yes, I was surprised Ike wasn't in the game. But whom knows? We might just get a Tellius DLC pack. If that happens, I'm betting on Ike, Soren, and Micaiah.
I think the developers said they won't add Ike or Roy unless a sequel happens.
I wish they would pull a HW Legends and make an add-on to the story that happens after the game and it includes Path of Radiance characters. I would add Ike, Soren, Titania, Mist, and Elincia as playable characters and add Black Knight as a boss character.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sigurd as a Xander clone.
Hopefully no barbecues happen.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hi y'all! Just thought I'd revive this thread to let the Takumi supporters here know that a new Fire Emblem Heroes banner came out to promote New Years, and Takumi is among the characters that will be a part of the banner. He's a dagger, infantry unit who throws mochi as daggers.

Here's his New Years banner art:

Alternate costume potential?

D

Deleted member

Hi y'all! Just thought I'd revive this thread to let the Takumi supporters here know that a new Fire Emblem Heroes banner came out to promote New Years, and Takumi is among the characters that will be a part of the banner. He's a dagger, infantry unit who throws mochi as daggers.

Here's his New Years banner art:

Alternate costume potential?
Oh man I hope I can get him without spending too many Orbs and money.
He looks absolutely incredible and I hope that could be an alt for him, whether in Smash or in Warriors.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I still throw my support to Takumi.

Easily one of my favorite Fates characters.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Uh, of course I support my archer boy! I had to check if this thread existed once I saw a Camilla thread with some recent activity.

I just want him in the game in some capacity. Give him a trophy or even an assist role if you're feeling generous. Takumi deserves the love.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Looks like Takumi and his Nohrian counterpart are getting official fan books for themselves! Both release on August 31, and it will feature a bunch of fanart submitted by fans in addition to questions about the two characters answered by the fans.

Want more proof of Takumi's popularity in the Fire Emblem community, that's a good one to bring up!
So very pleasantly surprised my two favs are the first to get all this for themselves! Will definitely be interested in seeing how well this sells. Takumi is shaping up to be one of those characters with a sizable fanbase even when FE games come and go.

Would be nice to have more Fates-related content in Ultimate even just in the way of trophies. The popularity of the royals could justify it.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Now we're talkin', sign me up. I've been having a blast playing through Birthright and this guy has been one of the best performers on my team. He's become on of my favorites in the whole series. If a dedicated archer we're to make it in Smash, FE is the best place to go and this guy is the best choice for the role.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post. Please delete this if possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We haven't received much news yet in regards to Takumi, but you are currently able to summon a summer version of Takumi in Fire Emblem Heroes. This makes him one of the few characters to have 4 alts in the game, though that means little if Lyn is any indication.

Looks like Takumi and his Nohrian counterpart are getting official fan books for themselves! Both release on August 31, and it will feature a bunch of fanart submitted by fans in addition to questions about the two characters answered by the fans.

Want more proof of Takumi's popularity in the Fire Emblem community, that's a good one to bring up!
I'll add this to the OP! Pretty awesome that he and Leo are getting their own fan books!

Would be nice to have more Fates-related content in Ultimate even just in the way of trophies. The popularity of the royals could justify it.
Honestly I can see them give all of the royals and Azura Trophies in the game. Maybe Sakurai will throw Takumi a bone and make him an Assist Trophy if he can't be playable.

EDIT: I have cleaned up the OP a little bit and put all of the sections into spoilers. I will be doing more eventually, but I am a very busy person.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Honestly I can see them give all of the royals and Azura Trophies in the game. Maybe Sakurai will throw Takumi a bone and make him an Assist Trophy if he can't be playable.
They'd have an easy source to rip models from, thanks to Warriors. That's assuming Koei Tecmo doesn't actually own any sort of copyright on those models. I'm not really sure?

But an AT? That'd be more than I'm expecting so I'd be ecstatic to see the pineapple on the battlefield in some way!

St0pidIAm

Smash Rookie
Dude takumi really needs to be in this game. The best part about it is that no one can complain about having a sword fighting fe character. But all jokes aside in my opinion takumi is the best fates character next to azura. Even so he has one of the best personality's of almost all fe characters i think he was really well writen (unlike some other characters). I still think its very unlikely that he will be in it just because of people going on about "too many fire emblem characters" but hey it would be amazing if he could be in or at the most maybe azura. Since we have 3 awakening characters why not add a second fates so i am really hoping takumi does get in. Sakurai add our sweet sweet pineapple

Top Bottom